• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Captain Falcon Q&A Thread

Iwan

Smash Ace
How do I make good use of falcon kick?
use it sparingly; it's not worth it to use it often. Pick and choose...there are times when it's useful, but not many.

It's really only useful if you know your opponent is going to try to dash attack you, and they also happen to be above 50 percent or so.

That's honestly the only time I use it.

That, and sometimes I use an aerial falcon kick...just because when I do it they're never expecting it.

And because I'm ********.
lol.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
I personally don't, but some people start the game on Battlefield with a Falcon Kick. Not terribly useful, but I guess it's hard to punish at the very beginning. Falcon Kick can punish rolls, but Raptor Boost is much better unless you're near an edge. Even though the move is terrible, trust me- use it against MK. Not all the time, but more than you'd normally use it. It beats tornado if used at the right range, and will clank or beat pretty much everything. MK is an aggressive character. He will be dash attacking a lot more than shield grabbing, so you can take advantage of the move's high priority without worrying so much about its bad end lag. And the close hitbox kills around 150% on him (not that it should be your first option).

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
Aerial Falcon kick when you're getting Utilt locked.
Yesz. It works well. Obviously if you have a double jump use that though.

Seriously though, it is probably his best move vs MK except maybe utilt or jab. And the first hitbox is the only decent one, the reason why it's so bad is that the second hitbox is weak and the move slows down, which is just asking for a shield grab.

Winnar

Smash Lord
falcon kick off the stage for great mindgames.

I never been this worried about failing school. Probably because I'm anti-social and I won't make any friends
Fix'd for clarity. Also if you want to make friends but don't want to initiate it then just walk around and start eavesdropping on/being near a group of people you would like to be a part of. That's always worked for me and I've moved around like 10 times in 19 years so...yeah. Or you can just start talking to people, it really isn't as hard or awkward as you might think. I dunno where you live, but if you ever come to a tournament I'm at find me (I'll be the loud one playing Falcon). We'll play friendlies and I'll introduce you to everyone. A man with a sig as awesome as yours deserves some decent companionship :D If I went to your school I'd do the same thing buuuuut D:

Right so guys I'm excited :O

I'm getting kind of pumped for LasT Smash 3, a pretty large tournament in Baton Rouge, LA, happening this Saturday.

I know I won't win so I'm totally going all Falcon (at least mostly, I think) and I might do money matches.

DO YOU GUYS HAVE ANY ADVICE FOR ME BECAUSE I AM TOTALLY ABOUT TO BE IN FREAK OUT MODE

Anxiety sucks, especially when I know I have no reason to be nervous.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Fix'd for clarity. Also if you want to make friends but don't want to initiate it then just walk around and start eavesdropping on/being near a group of people you would like to be a part of. That's always worked for me and I've moved around like 10 times in 19 years so...yeah. Or you can just start talking to people, it really isn't as hard or awkward as you might think. I dunno where you live, but if you ever come to a tournament I'm at find me (I'll be the loud one playing Falcon). We'll play friendlies and I'll introduce you to everyone. A man with a sig as awesome as yours deserves some decent companionship :D If I went to your school I'd do the same thing buuuuut D:

Right so guys I'm excited :O

I'm getting kind of pumped for LasT Smash 3, a pretty large tournament in Baton Rouge, LA, happening this Saturday.

I know I won't win so I'm totally going all Falcon (at least mostly, I think) and I might do money matches.

DO YOU GUYS HAVE ANY ADVICE FOR ME BECAUSE I AM TOTALLY ABOUT TO BE IN FREAK OUT MODE

Anxiety sucks, especially when I know I have no reason to be nervous.
dont be

the best way for me to talk to girls is pretending im lost and needing directions ;)
this man knows what hes doing

except where i live i cant ask directions, since is uburbia and thers maybe 3 roads total
so i have to.. improvise

RjPunch

Smash Journeyman
alright that helps. Just hope I don't fail American history. Skip I did that for 2 years. I could of had a girlfriend since freshman or sophmore year. I didn't do it cause of no money and I'm not the romantic or type of person who shows their feelings easily. What would do to get a girl in the mood or make yourself tear up?

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
alright that helps. Just hope I don't fail American history. Skip I did that for 2 years. I could of had a girlfriend since freshman or sophmore year. I didn't do it cause of no money and I'm not the romantic or type of person who shows their feelings easily. What would do to get a girl in the mood or make yourself tear up?
dayums, well I live in a city, so in general the population is higher and I have a variety of girls to choose from. not saying im a pimp, but its just the facts. you don't really need money to impress a girl, im just a funny guy. if anything I've learned, girls (at least in high school) usually go for a guy who's funny, looks good, or good at sports. to get a girl "in the mood" really depends on the individual. a lot of girls like it when you tell them I love you or no matter what happens I just want us to stay together because idk what id do with out you. they sound cheesy but girls really believe that stuff lol. im not sure what you mean by tear up.. like cry or fake cry or get mad? I've never faked crying or get mad at a girl(I've gotten mad over one but not at her) but I have cried in front of a girl..imo it depends on your connection with her. I remember seeing this guy who looked around my age crying in front of his girl, I didn't look but I heard her kept saying "wow what a baby man up". some girls are just evil like that. if its school, just strike conversation with the girl. like ask her name and compliment her. personally im bad at talking to girls in the street so I pretend im lost ask for diretions etc, if not that, as soon as you see her just say hi, because when I don't I feel like a stalker if you see her again and just kep staring at her.

**** IM DOCTOR PHIL UP IN THIS *****

Player-3

Smash Hero
dayums, well I live in a city, so in general the population is higher and I have a variety of girls to choose from. not saying im a pimp, but its just the facts. you don't really need money to impress a girl, im just a funny guy. if anything I've learned, girls (at least in high school) usually go for a guy who's funny, looks good, or good at sports. to get a girl "in the mood" really depends on the individual. a lot of girls like it when you tell them I love you or no matter what happens I just want us to stay together because idk what id do with out you. they sound cheesy but girls really believe that stuff lol. im not sure what you mean by tear up.. like cry or fake cry or get mad? I've never faked crying or get mad at a girl(I've gotten mad over one but not at her) but I have cried in front of a girl..imo it depends on your connection with her. I remember seeing this guy who looked around my age crying in front of his girl, I didn't look but I heard her kept saying "wow what a baby man up". some girls are just evil like that. if its school, just strike conversation with the girl. like ask her name and compliment her. personally im bad at talking to girls in the street so I pretend im lost ask for diretions etc, if not that, as soon as you see her just say hi, because when I don't I feel like a stalker if you see her again and just kep staring at her.

**** IM DOCTOR PHIL UP IN THIS *****
Also

high school girls are stupid

LuLLo

Smash Ace
Saying ''I love you'' to girls to make them feel better is for whimps imo, that fact that you need those sentences to please her reflects your manliness and self-esteem. Girls know that too, and the more presents/hugs/I Love You's you give, the less they'll be attracted to you. Make those girls work for your company and play the game as if you're not interested and be cocky and funny altogether. After you've succeeded doing that, you can sometimes be Mr. I Love You and give them flowers and stuff, but always keep in mind that girls want MEN, not whimps who need cliché sentences ;).
And ALWAYS keep eye-contact, practise it on the streets or in bars, NEVER look away first, show your Alpha-Male intentions and let her know that she is victim next.
And if she has a good sense of humor, give her a Pauwnch every now and then, and if she likes it, you'll know you've found the perfect woman for a Falcon main ;) (Just to be a little bit on topic..).
(I am completely serious about this post)

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
Saying ''I love you'' to girls to make them feel better is for whimps imo, that fact that you need those sentences to please her reflects your manliness and self-esteem. Girls know that too, and the more presents/hugs/I Love You's you give, the less they'll be attracted to you. Make those girls work for your company and play the game as if you're not interested and be cocky and funny altogether. After you've succeeded doing that, you can sometimes be Mr. I Love You and give them flowers and stuff, but always keep in mind that girls want MEN, not whimps who need cliché sentences ;).
So you're implying any man who tells his gf I love you is a wimp and she'll also feel he's a wimp?
I guess I should hit her and say "you're mine *****". Most boys don't tell their gf's they love them so how is the girl supposed to feel about that huh? It's like sleeping with a stranger. I'm not saying to say "I love you" on the very first day you meet her, but telling her I love you will really make her feel special. Then you get the goodies, use upb on her *** and make her scream YESZ. (also to stay on topic)

LuLLo

Smash Ace
So you're implying any man who tells his gf I love you is a wimp and she'll also feel he's a wimp?
I guess I should hit her and say "you're mine *****". Most boys don't tell their gf's they love them so how is the girl supposed to feel about that huh? It's like sleeping with a stranger. I'm not saying to say "I love you" on the very first day you meet her, but telling her I love you will really make her feel special. Then you get the goodies, use upb on her *** and make her scream YESZ. (also to stay on topic)
LoL :p..
And that's what I meant, ofcourse I tell my girlfriend I love her from time to time, but if you wanna hook up with a girl, you have to leave butt-kissing comments behind, that's unattractive ;). SHOW YOUR MOVES the first time you see her, after that, make her feel Justice. I know it's unoriginal, but I don't wanna get reported so I make bad jokes like this as a filler to prevent being off-topic..
Which makes me think of something...Does Captain Falcon ever get laid or anything?

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
That's a good question.. but really we aren't spamming or anything. We're all just asking questions.
On topic: Idk, I've never seen falcon with a woman..
That Jody Summers chick is hot though.

Player-3

Smash Hero
wait

were not supposed to do this?

LuLLo

Smash Ace
Player-3 does things just fine, when you try to Pauwnch her the start-up and ending lag is so bad she can counter you, which shouldn't happen to Falcon. Make love to her safe and jab her.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Okay guys, get pumped.

For LasT Smash 3 I'm going all Falcon just to see how far I get.

This is going to rock.

ALSO FALCON CHALLENGE WITH REFLEX AND POSSIBLY LEEMARTIN YESSSS

Player-3

Smash Hero
Okay guys, get pumped.

For LasT Smash 3 I'm going all Falcon just to see how far I get.

This is going to rock.

ALSO FALCON CHALLENGE WITH REFLEX AND POSSIBLY LEEMARTIN YESSSS
i see reflex like every week i go to a tourney, never bothered to ditto his falcon since im not going for falcon v falcon, hence why i do horrible in them

although reflexs falcon is BEASTLY

gl winnar

Winnar

Smash Lord
Frigate is alright.

GUYS I'M FREAKING OUT AGAIN I SAID I'M GOING TO GO ALL FALCON WHAT WAS I THINKING AAAAAAAGH

XD

WHY AM I SO ANXIOUS I'M NOT EVEN GOING TO WIN MONEY OR ANYTHING ;-;

Player-3

Smash Hero
Frigate is alright.

GUYS I'M FREAKING OUT AGAIN I SAID I'M GOING TO GO ALL FALCON WHAT WAS I THINKING AAAAAAAGH

XD

WHY AM I SO ANXIOUS I'M NOT EVEN GOING TO WIN MONEY OR ANYTHING ;-;
no, frigate sucks

you upsmash with falcon on the platform right when it moves, and cant get back to the stage

Top Bottom