• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Captain Falcon Q&A Thread

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Man! I actually miss some of the old generation falcon mains. Like it or not, us two have come so far with them. And now it seems to be over.

We have to look over these boards so that the new generation doesn't do anything stupid.

I agree man.
But they are a tough crowd :pimp:

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion

I agree man.
But they are a tough crowd :pimp:
Yeah both the old and the new.
I just hope nothing erupts between them.

It seems the boards need a mod again. I haven't seen failcion or anyone else post to show they're presence.

EDIT: Those shirts are PURE WIN!

I'm signing off now. Its been good Knee, we should catch up again some time.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
it was pretty fail because tbh it was like social and questions..same as this. if you make a social thread or another qna thread its still gonna kinda be a clone of this lol I didn't report you btw, im gonna guess and say tehn00b since you guys were saying some shizz
Nope, I don't think I've reported any of TKONTK's stuff. I figured if someone else agreed with me, they'd report the thread, and if no one did, I was wrong.

Man! I actually miss some of the old generation falcon mains. Like it or not, us two have come so far with them. And now it seems to be over.

We have to look over these boards so that the new generation doesn't do anything stupid.
Stupid people don't exist on the internet. And you should come to a tourney so people can see how far you've come ;)

Winnar

Smash Lord
Wow I was moments away from posting that this thread isn't really a social thread and that though we're not totally focused on answering questions we don't totally deviate from the subject of Falcon.

And then the no homo fest came (no homo) and brought pictures (no homo)

The problem is that there are no questions to answer because there are no surprises with Falcon. So...yeah

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Nope, I don't think I've reported any of TKONTK's stuff. I figured if someone else agreed with me, they'd report the thread, and if no one did, I was wrong.

Stupid people don't exist on the internet. And you should come to a tourney so people can see how far you've come ;)
Stupid things do. And I have gone to tourneys and won. But not with falcon because of his fail.

And I never said we came far in that sense. You missed out on a lot 9 months back.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
new generation falcon..
guy, brawl is new generation falcon. I been maining spandex since yo mama was in spandex..nugguh.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Is this a Q&A or a Social thread. Sheesh.

Also PM Failchion if you need something done, that's what I do.
Its primary function is a Q&A thread, but since there haven't been any questions in a while, it also serves to be the board's only social thread. Social'ish.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Times have changed, we now have a Q&A thread, AND a Social Thread.
Thats what needed to happen.
Incase you didnt know, as this ISNT a social thread, every off topic post is NOT allowed here.
In the social thread said posts are allowed.

Its what is best, to sort out the spam in this thread and make another thread for said spam, but said 'falcon spam', will be allowed inthe social thread. (Offcourse there is a boundary, but that should be obvious.).

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
I still don't see why this can't be both.
Just add a word or two in the title.

*****e, my bad. I just saw the new social thread you posted, Knee. Never mind*

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Any further posts after this that are not asking questions will be infracted by me (or Failchion if he gets there first).

While I do not have the power to close/sticky threads in this forum, I do have the power to infract posts here. I am simply enforcing the rules, since Failchion seems to have upped and gone and I care enough about this board to stop by here every hour that I can.

So it's up to you. Follow the rules, or get infracted.

Question:

Did anyone ever finish my frame data? I have a better, less time consuming method of testing it now.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
Question:

Did anyone ever finish my frame data? I have a better, less time consuming method of testing it now.
Noodlehead did some frame data a long time ago, and it's not complete, but it has the starting and ending frames of most of the moves. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=226501

A lot of people have been waiting for frame data for awhile, so if you could do it, that would be great. I've been hoping to do it, but I can't get Twilight Princess for the HBC and debug menu hack.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I have HBC and can use the debug menu hack.

I just need someone to link me to the hack, and when I get home I can do it for you guys. (Preferably Friday/Saturday)

So... does anyone have the link to it? I'll be able to do first hibox, IASA Frame, start frame, and end frame. I don't think I can do the end hitbox frame however.

Not sure how the debug menu hack works.

IxxI

Smash Fence
I want to main Captain Falcon due to him being the most fun I ever have in brawl, and being the sexiest of them all. Not to mention, "Show me ya moves!" That phrase gets me hard every time.

Anyway I've read most of the guides and I have everything pretty much down. Is there any little tricks or any pseudo combos that is well known throughout the Captain Falcon boards that isn't mentioned in stickies?

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
Even though only a few things are inescapable following jabs and the first hit of nair, the hitstun allows for easier ways of hitting smash attacks and tilts, but they aren't guaranteed. The one thing I use more than anything else besides jab>grab is flubbed knee>uair offstage. It's not technically a combo, but I'm pretty sure that the only way around it is airdodging, which will put your opponent in a bad position and maybe get them too low to recover. And that's just me, you can always count on P3 for interesting advice.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Even though only a few things are inescapable following jabs and the first hit of nair, the hitstun allows for easier ways of hitting smash attacks and tilts, but they aren't guaranteed. The one thing I use more than anything else besides jab>grab is flubbed knee>uair offstage. It's not technically a combo, but I'm pretty sure that the only way around it is airdodging, which will put your opponent in a bad position and maybe get them too low to recover. And that's just me, you can always count on P3 for interesting advice.
say wut now

I want to main Captain Falcon due to him being the most fun I ever have in brawl, and being the sexiest of them all. Not to mention, "Show me ya moves!" That phrase gets me hard every time.

Anyway I've read most of the guides and I have everything pretty much down. Is there any little tricks or any pseudo combos that is well known throughout the Captain Falcon boards that isn't mentioned in stickies?
shff nair is a pretty nice move

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
say wut now
utilt can **** people pretty good

in the air
on the ground

on platforms

uair is nice
jabs are overrated
See. Good advice :D

Uh. I know SHFF Nair is nice. Is there anything else?

XD
Bair is great. It can KO early if you don't use it often, and is probably Falcon's safest aerial. Its high knockback is great, but its range and shield pushback also allow you to retreat safely from projectiles and opponents, and imo, it's his best approach (Falcon has an approach?). And abuse Falcon Dive every time someone is standing on a platform above you.

Player-3

Smash Hero
See. Good advice :D

Bair is great. It can KO early if you don't use it often, and is probably Falcon's safest aerial. Its high knockback is great, but it allows you to retreat safely from projectiles and attacks, and imo, it's his best approach (lol best approach). And abuse Falcon Dive every time someone is standing on a platform above you.
i prefer to use usmash if they like to shieldgrab when they are above me
free techchase and/or lock

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
P3 and n00b say more then me, and in a more intelligent manner, but...
just in case you don't know, we have some sick grab release stuff on Wario.

Also, no one got back to me, and I think it is escapable, but you can get most people once or twice. With Jigglypuff's air grab release, you can follow up into a falcon dive.

+EDIT TO AVOID DOUBLE POSTING!!!+

Okay guys. This is it. I'm going to A-kon and I'm gonna compete in the Brawl tourny. Wish me luck. Any sage advice before I do this thing? Other then just switching my main, that is.

Winnar

Smash Lord

The only ones that I know of are... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0c6ueMThqo The n-air cancel (which if you've read any of Knee's posts you'll know you can go into even an up-b and it's a true combo)

If you hit with the very end of the flub knee then there have been times where I've been able to get a success knee (this is usually off stage) or a u-air is a little better guaranteed. The flub -> success knee is a pseudo combo, but the flub -> u-air knee is a true combo. They might both be true combos, but no one has tested it in training mode I guess. They both FEEL like true combos.

When edgeguarding Ness/Lucas (and a FEW other characters) you can safely use your up-b to gimp them. At lower %'s you can safely chain up-b's if you wait for them to start their pk-thunder before you go for the up-b.

Those are basically all the falcon tricks that aren't really obvious that I can think of.

Also a lot of people maintain that d-air -> knee is a true combo but don't believe them, since there is no true hitstun, anyone with a decent sex kick/interrupter move or even a properly timed airdodge can break the combo. Just because it says it's a combo in training mode doesn't make it inescapable.

Edit - Oh snap there was another page I completely missed. Whoops. U-tilt is awesome, nobody ever predicts its range properly. D-smash if you have any mindgames at all is amazing for the same reason.

Charging smashes slightly punishes spotdodging like nobody's business.

And I think that's all I got D:

Player-3

Smash Hero
P3 and n00b say more then me, and in a more intelligent manner, but...
just in case you don't know, we have some sick grab release stuff on Wario.

Also, no one got back to me, and I think it is escapable, but you can get most people once or twice. With Jigglypuff's air grab release, you can follow up into a falcon dive.

+EDIT TO AVOID DOUBLE POSTING!!!+

Okay guys. This is it. I'm going to A-kon and I'm gonna compete in the Brawl tourny. Wish me luck. Any sage advice before I do this thing? Other then just switching my main, that is.
have fun, dont worry about winning

Winnar

Smash Lord
Good luck to both of us :)

Advice...hm...If you can get a legit falcon punch in a tourney match then you will be the hero of the world.

UNLESS I DO IT FIRST.

Must be recorded, though. Vids or it didn't happen etc.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Good luck to both of us :)

Advice...hm...If you can get a legit falcon punch in a tourney match then you will be the hero of the world.

UNLESS I DO IT FIRST.

Must be recorded, though. Vids or it didn't happen etc.
i did it a while ago

on ice
just ask biglou and p1, they were watching

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
I did some experimenting with the metagame. Like wolf I revolved the entire metagame around b-air.

Difficult, and the necessity of mindgames is ridiculous. But if you want to freak someone out, it can come in handy.

IxxI

Smash Fence
The only ones that I know of are... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0c6ueMThqo The n-air cancel (which if you've read any of Knee's posts you'll know you can go into even an up-b and it's a true combo)

If you hit with the very end of the flub knee then there have been times where I've been able to get a success knee (this is usually off stage) or a u-air is a little better guaranteed. The flub -> success knee is a pseudo combo, but the flub -> u-air knee is a true combo. They might both be true combos, but no one has tested it in training mode I guess. They both FEEL like true combos.

When edgeguarding Ness/Lucas (and a FEW other characters) you can safely use your up-b to gimp them. At lower %'s you can safely chain up-b's if you wait for them to start their pk-thunder before you go for the up-b.

Those are basically all the falcon tricks that aren't really obvious that I can think of.

Also a lot of people maintain that d-air -> knee is a true combo but don't believe them, since there is no true hitstun, anyone with a decent sex kick/interrupter move or even a properly timed airdodge can break the combo. Just because it says it's a combo in training mode doesn't make it inescapable.

Edit - Oh snap there was another page I completely missed. Whoops. U-tilt is awesome, nobody ever predicts its range properly. D-smash if you have any mindgames at all is amazing for the same reason.

Charging smashes slightly punishes spotdodging like nobody's business.

And I think that's all I got D:

When you do:
Flub> Perfect Knee
Or
Flub>Uair> Perfect knee

Where do you jump?
Are they rising aerials?

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
When you do:
Flub> Perfect Knee
Or
Flub>Uair> Perfect knee

Where do you jump?
Are they rising aerials?
For the knee to knee, you need to jump if you want to sweetspot the second knee (so knee>jump>knee). For knee to uair, you probably could jump between the knee and uair, but you don't have to (I personally don't, and I often use my second jump to chase offstage anyway). Neither are true combos though, but they're useful because there are very few ways to escape them. Being aggressive usually works offstage. If you hit a flubbed knee and follow with uair or knee, they will likely be hit, or forced to airdodge, both things helping you out.

Top Bottom