• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Captain Falcon Q&A Thread

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
you guys are trying to make cf tourny-viable in barlw.

you fail

<3
lol no we are not.
We are trying to improve his metagame, that is all.

falcon will probably never be tourny viable. (unless some super falcon AT gets discoverd..)

I thought you knew why you were her, P-3 :bee:

:pimp:

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
How exactly does Falcon's grab release stuff work against MK?
I realized it was discovered, but never played any MKs so I didn't care much. Now... I think I should care. Anyone kind enough to enlighten me?

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
I'm sure it's escapable seeing as how Falcon isn't shooting up the tier list. Do people just use it to follow up with knees, uairs, and nairs?

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
There aren't a lot of Falcons in tournaments, and the Falcons that play MKs that try this and can do it fairly consistently include Ally... oh wait that's it :laugh: I think an offstage jump break can be followed by a runoff uair.

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
So it this going from the grab release where he goes into the air, or the one where he gets released on the ground?
Because my CPUs don't let it fly either way.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
I hate it when people take your bike, then give it back but keep the training wheels -_-

The runoff uair and boost chaingrab are assuming a jump release. In fact, I don't think MK can get ground released by Falcon except for really weird slopes or something.

RjPunch

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry for being on way less than i'm used to but I have two secrets I need to get out. These secrets will make me be less manly but here they are.
1. I was told by someone that a great way to play Falcon is hit and run. I maybe doing that at my next tournament.
2. I love the show Hamtaro. I can't help it. I want to see all 296 episodes. The sad part, I'm speaking the Ham-Ham language and downloaded all four of the movies in the original Japanese. *sob* Bluhoo-ham ham for crying- I hate myself. Where has my life gone?

kamimari36

Smash Apprentice
Wow. Did I miss an enlighting conversation? -_-' Nvm.
I'm probably late on this, but...Did anyone know that he can Speedhug (Edgehug? I don't know the term)
It works best with FK from the direct center of FD.
Sorry if this is old.

RjPunch

Smash Journeyman
Hey I think it's old news.
@Player-3- I thought we had something special. How could you leave me out of this. I'm so hurt. And to think me and a few friends would come and kidnap you to a louisiana tourny.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
hey, with all seriousness. offstage raptor boost can **** at the expense of ur own stock to take away someone else's. I did this back in january in a falcon ditto in a friendly. im not recommending this, just saying it ***** if you do it directly on someone's start up recovery. I have the match recorded. ill probably upload it this week. actually, I think this will probably only work in a falcon ditto as there is way safer moves in any other match up. (maybe ganon too)
also, not recommending. just saying it again. it ***** but I don't recommend it. its like putting a **** in ur ***. it *****, but I do not recommend.

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
hey, with all seriousness. offstage raptor boost can **** at the expense of ur own stock to take away someone else's. I did this back in january in a falcon ditto in a friendly. im not recommending this, just saying it ***** if you do it directly on someone's start up recovery. I have the match recorded. ill probably upload it this week. actually, I think this will probably only work in a falcon ditto as there is way safer moves in any other match up. (maybe ganon too)
also, not recommending. just saying it again. it ***** but I don't recommend it. its like putting a **** in ur ***. it *****, but I do not recommend.
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't your post start out "with all seriousness."

Tenki

Smash Hero
Guize.

I was playing a yellow/orange (it changes every time) connection dude as Sonic against Falcon. On one stock, I was hanging off the ledge, and he connects Falcon Dive on me.

Hoping for the best, I predict-buffered a shield tap, and I wall-tech+walljumped and nailed a reverse B-air kill before he could do anything.

We kind of freaked out for a bit, and I realized the timer was almost at 3 minutes, and I barely suicided in time for a replay with .02 seconds left to the 3 minute mark.

Implications:
- possibly kills Falcon's chances of ever coming back on stage at high %'s

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
Guize.

I was playing a yellow/orange (it changes every time) connection dude as Sonic against Falcon. On one stock, I was hanging off the ledge, and he connects Falcon Dive on me.

Hoping for the best, I predict-buffered a shield tap, and I wall-tech+walljumped and nailed a reverse B-air kill before he could do anything.

We kind of freaked out for a bit, and I realized the timer was almost at 3 minutes, and I barely suicided in time for a replay with .02 seconds left to the 3 minute mark.

Implications:
- possibly kills Falcon's chances of ever coming back on stage at high %'s
This is balls to the walls ****ty news.

Video soon, yes?

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
What? That's cool that you could tech it on wifi, but I thought if someone is able to wall tech Falcon Dive, it was known that you're going to have a hard time making it to the ledge.

Top Bottom