• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Captain Falcon Q&A Thread

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Sorry I dont just buy into your senseless negativity.
If you think said negativity is senseless, you do not have enough knowledge about falcon. falcons metagame, all other characters, all other characters metagames, and brawl.

So read the stickies, and welcome to competitive brawling.

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
Apec,
I think you have the right idea. We're all just pretty cynical here. Obviously we love playing Falcon, but there is point you get to where you just say
"****, this guy is trash!"
And you either pick up another character, or you stick with Falcon because you want to play Falcon dammit! One of the important things about mastering the Captain, is recognizing all his weaknesses, and it sounds like you've done that. You're just a bit more optimistic then most. That's cool. No worries.

Just keep in mind, it's a darn good feeling you get when you beat people down with Falcon. I can hear my friend Luke,
"What the **** am I dong wrong? You're lowest tier, you shouldn't be beating me!" he plays Tink.

Player-3

Smash Hero
I never said i was playing the best MKs. I know i would lose against the best MKs with Falcon, that's not the point. If we start arguing over whos playing against better players, youll find that even the best players have some weaknesses (granted, MK/snake are S-tier specifically because they have very few). Youre asking me to play against the absoulte best people in the world, which simply isnt practical. I play east coast (NY) so take it for whats it's worth. I really dont appreciate personal attacks, and I dont plan on questioning where you live or your credibility, since i trust that many players who post here are at least decent.

I was simply stating Falcon can play consistently against supposedly untouchable characters, given enough skill. I could play MK and spam whorenado/d-smash all day if i wanted to join the endless ranks of MKs, but Falcon is fun to play because he's very challenging to master (and makes you a much better player as a result). If you dont have the time to do that, fine, spam MK or snake or D3, idc.

Apec,
I think you have the right idea. We're all just pretty cynical here. Obviously we love playing Falcon, but there is point you get to where you just say
"****, this guy is trash!"
And you either pick up another character, or you stick with Falcon because you want to play Falcon dammit! One of the important things about mastering the Captain, is recognizing all his weaknesses, and it sounds like you've done that. You're just a bit more optimistic then most. That's cool. No worries.

Just keep in mind, it's a darn good feeling you get when you beat people down with Falcon. I can hear my friend Luke,
"What the **** am I dong wrong? You're lowest tier, you shouldn't be beating me!" he plays Tink.
i falcon punched ally in a ladders match.

i know everything.

stfu, scrubz0rs

@knee
lulwut
bal isnt competitive

RjPunch

Smash Journeyman
I never said i was playing the best MKs. I know i would lose against the best MKs with Falcon, that's not the point. If we start arguing over whos playing against better players, youll find that even the best players have some weaknesses (granted, MK/snake are S-tier specifically because they have very few). Youre asking me to play against the absoulte best people in the world, which simply isnt practical. I play east coast (NY) so take it for whats it's worth. I really dont appreciate personal attacks, and I dont plan on questioning where you live or your credibility, since i trust that many players who post here are at least decent.

I was simply stating Falcon can play consistently against supposedly untouchable characters, given enough skill. I could play MK and spam whorenado/d-smash all day if i wanted to join the endless ranks of MKs, but Falcon is fun to play because he's very challenging to master (and makes you a much better player as a result). If you dont have the time to do that, fine, spam MK or snake or D3, idc.

heh Falcon isn't good for tourneys. It just mindgames. I still play with falcon but I'm moving towards pikachu. I hope you live near louisiana come to last smash. I'll go 99% falcon just because I feel like. Oh welcome to the falcon boards.

Apec

Smash Rookie
If you think said negativity is senseless, you do not have enough knowledge about falcon. falcons metagame, all other characters, all other characters metagames, and brawl.

So read the stickies, and welcome to competitive brawling.
i falcon punched ally in a ladders match.

i know everything.

stfu, scrubz0rs

@knee
lulwut
bal isnt competitive
Exactly. Brawl isnt really that competitive. Just the fact that tiers exist prove it isnt competitive.

@ToKnee--Brawl isnt chess, where your opponent and yourself have no initial advantage. Sure, i pretend that it's competitive just to make it more fun just like every other person who doesnt main MK, and im pretty good competitively, but i hope everyone realizes that turning items off and acting like you are pro is a pretty pathetic facade. Its a party game, get over it.

Which is I figure, why not be CF, the coolest/worst character in the game. It's not like brawl actually is competitve, so u might as well have fun and not act like an overly competitive ***. And if you can stump MK mainers in the process, good for you.

you can flame me all u want, but the fact that i can beat cf pros with mk (who i frankly am not very good with) should make pretty clear the fact that brawl isnt competitve outside of the S-tier.

@RjPunch--thanks for the welcome, ive been watching the forums for a while so helping with ppl who main CF seemed like a good cause

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
Exactly. Brawl isnt really that competitive. Just the fact that tiers exist prove it isnt competitive.

Brawl isnt chess, where your opponent and yourself have no initial advantage. Sure, i pretend that it's competitive just to make it more fun just like every other person who doesnt main MK, and im pretty good competitively, but i hope everyone realizes that turning items off and acting like you are pro is a pretty pathetic facade. Its a party game, get over it.

Which is I figure, why not be CF, the coolest/worst character in the game. It's not like brawl actually is competitve, so u might as well have fun and not act like an overly competitive ***. And if you can stump MK mainers in the process, good for you.

@ToKnee--you can flame me all u want, but the fact that i can beat cf pros with mk (who i frankly am not very good with) should make pretty clear the fact that brawl isnt competitve outside of the S-tier.
I might be in the minority...
but I disagree with nearly everything said here. You may not be very competitive in Brawl, but anything that you win or lose in has elements of competition and therefore are,
competitive.

Turning off items and "acting like you are pro," is not a facade. It's a way that people like to play the game. The game acts as a party game to some, and others treat it as a fighting game.

Also. Tiers existing only helps the argument that Brawl can be played competitively.

Zeallyx

I just wanted to say that the feuture that we can see how many people are viewing the character specific boards here on swf is a very very awesome feuture imo.

Player-3

Smash Hero

@ToKnee--Brawl isnt chess, where your opponent and yourself have no initial advantage. Sure, i pretend that it's competitive just to make it more fun just like every other person who doesnt main MK, and im pretty good competitively, but i hope everyone realizes that turning items off and acting like you are pro is a pretty pathetic facade. Its a party game, get over it.

you can flame me all u want, but the fact that i can beat cf pros with mk (who i frankly am not very good with) should make pretty clear the fact that brawl isnt competitve outside of the S-tier.

@RjPunch--thanks for the welcome, ive been watching the forums for a while so helping with ppl who main CF seemed like a good cause
and your right, i agree with this whole post, RJ is a cool guy
what cf pros have you played? O.o

i lkie playing with items.... especially...... CRACKER SHOOTER CANNON THING

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Lets not let this get out of hand...

again

The messenger of doom that is in all of your hearts is coming out

again

Then people are going to kill each other over crap

again

Obvious bait is Obvious. Angry people are angry. Repititive events are repetitive. These things are what we need to fix

again

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
*random* shouts to my nugguhz player to the 3, talkingbeatizzle, tehnoob, knee to the second power over pi times x, darx to the mother ****ing marth, red blue what the **** are you, tenkey, lullololullo, masterdrennin, acedude, the MIA hiza, the randoms and any1 I forgot.

ok a serious question, any1 else loving RaR uairs? heck, I've even started using it in my god awful melee skillz. it has low knock back which works well with follow-ups such as RaR uair>ftilt or if they are defensive, dash grab is like sex after the uair

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
Man, I love anything to do with uairs. There good in like, any percent range. I don't RaR a lot of them though. I shall try this.

Uairs=Falcon top tier!!!!?!

Funny/cool shout out, Skip. We need to keep that stuff up. You know... solidarity and all.

Player-3

Smash Hero
*random* shouts to my nugguhz player to the 3, talkingbeatizzle, tehnoob, knee to the second power over pi times x, darx to the mother ****ing marth, red blue what the **** are you, tenkey, lullololullo, masterdrennin, acedude, the MIA hiza, the randoms and any1 I forgot.

ok a serious question, any1 else loving RaR uairs? heck, I've even started using it in my god awful melee skillz. it has low knock back which works well with follow-ups such as RaR uair>ftilt or if they are defensive, dash grab is like sex after the uair
or....

rar uair to rb to uair to uair

;D

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion

Yeasz. Rar u-airs are a nice surprise. And thanks for the shout out.

or....

rar uair to rb to uair to uair

;D
I <3 you. No homo.

Zeallyx

Hey guys, there are Falcon shirts ON SALE on eBay now. They're $15 and shipping to the U.S. is 10 dollars, but check them out if you want.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=110387700535
I am seriously thinking about buying one of those.
I really like that shirt, but I dont have money at the moment..

There's only one thing I can do, and that is to ask my mom for money..

Which is lame offcourse, but not having that shirt is even lamer..

Thanks for the link t3h n00b.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
I need some knowledgeable people who are in the interest of banning Mk by taking an initiative that is besides the current poll on the subject. My three top supporters have mysteriously disappeared. I need some smart people now.

Any takers?

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
I need some knowledgeable people who are in the interest of banning Mk by taking an initiative that is besides the current poll on the subject. My three top supporters have mysteriously disappeared. I need some smart people now.

Any takers?
I'll gladly assist even though I rarely play brawl now (mostly brawl+ and some melee)

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
Well, Ally beating M2K isn't gonna help the pro-ban argument anymore. Now snake is gonna pick up steam as a CP to MK, and the anti-ban argument is gonna get justified. We still have a few months till the decider though *that being genesis*

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
What does "going around hyrule temple" even entail? If it's dropping off the far right edge and coming back at the lower part, almost the whole cast can do that.
MK can basically go across the whole stage horizontally twice with his two glides. But I don't think he should be banned. His metagame has basically halted, and other characters are starting to catch up.

EPIC EDIT: Ally has the shirt :o (he's the one with it on lol)

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
What does "going around hyrule temple" even entail? If it's dropping off the far right edge and coming back at the lower part, almost the whole cast can do that.
It means he can take off from a single point on the top floor of Hyrule Temple, fly all the way around the WHOLE stage, then land back on that point without ever touching the ground or grabbing the ledge.

Top Bottom