• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
S'okay

I really don't think he needs it. 40% ALR would be being generous. Sonic is great as is.
I disagree. He still has a lot of the flaws he had in vBrawl and a lot of other characters gain much more from the new +'age then he does. Hes still a very straight-forward character that doesn't have a lot of good matchups, and some of the bad matchups he has are REALLY bad. G&W utterly destroys most of his approaches.

shanus

Smash Hero
I disagree. He still has a lot of the flaws he had in vBrawl and a lot of other characters gain much more from the new +'age then he does. Hes still a very straight-forward character that doesn't have a lot of good matchups, and some of the bad matchups he has are REALLY bad. G&W utterly destroys most of his approaches.
Sonic with momentum is pretty beast.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
So is Falcon and we didn't hesitate to give him less ALR and he can combo into a kill move. Sonic doesn't have many true ways to combo into kills except on FF'ers.

ALR would give him more versatile combo options, while also stopping him from being committed to auto cancels all the time.

If we gave him 40% ALR I don't think it would make as much a difference. I mean it would be a good one but not really change his metagame much as far as Dair and Fair go.

Cero

Smash Lord
A question:

Is it possible, with the current stage freeze/reverse code, to freeze a certain stage at any pre-designated part of it's transformation cycle and set it to only that part?

Like say, have Luigi's Mansion frozen at the part where all of the mansion pieces have been removed and have it stay that way for the entirety of the match? Or have Castle Siege start out in it's third phase and stay frozen?

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
I just tried out this codeset, it's pretty good but isn't there any dash Speed modifier in? I was allready used to 1.17 or 1.20, and now back to 1 the dashes seem so slow if you don't play as Falcon or Fox.

Almas

Smash Lord
In theory it's possible to freeze a stage at a specific time into the match, but noone has bothered to do it.

Playing on sub-stages is something that spunit is working on when he feels like it, I believe.

GPDP

Smash Ace
I just tried out this codeset, it's pretty good but isn't there any dash Speed modifier in? I was allready used to 1.17 or 1.20, and now back to 1 the dashes seem so slow if you don't play as Falcon or Fox.
It's set at 1.15, I believe.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
So far they've used up all 256 lines with the new codes, but there is still more time for trimming and testing before the actual release.

jalued

Smash Lord
i know that we have got bowsers thick skin, and metas flimsey armour. but dont you think we could add a few more of these special features? i mean, they are pretty dam cool and a nice way to even out some chars.

personally i would like to see pokemon advantages/disadvantages put into the game. not +- 50% more damage on attacks lol, that would be stupid, but maybe say...

squirtle, olimar (blue pm). IC (water)- water based moves/grabs do an extra 5-10% damage to chars who have a fire based moves (bowser, charizard, ike, snake (granades etc.), samus,falcon,fox,falco,olimar,sheik,zelda, link and TL- IC can do damage on ivysaur as well)

ivysaur (grass)- grass based moves/grabs do 5-10% extra damage on ground/rock based ( olimar, DK and possibly pika (meh, otherwise he only has advantages)

charizard, bowser, ike, snake,samus,zelda,falcon, fox, falco, olimar (red pm), sheik (vanish), link and TL- fire moves/grabs do extra 5-10% damage on IC, ivysaur, olimar (hes a bug :p )

pikachu, olimar (yellow pm) on electric attacks/grabs do 5-10% extra damage on squirtle, charizard, pit and MK

charizard, pit and MK do extra 5-10% damage using air moves (not ariels lol, that would be slightly unfair) (glides mainly) on fighting like lucario, DK, falcon... oh wait, everyone is fighting, its a fighting game hahaha. fine, birdy types dont get any advantage (its only MK tbh, poor pit though :( )

actually, its getting very complicated now haha, aw well. would be so awsome if it could happen, guess would hopefully balance some. yeah i know its practically impossible to program it, im just imagining it in really lol...

im not even that big a fan of pokemon lol ( i used to be, 1st and 2nd gen guy lol)

oh, would also mean squirtle/marios b/vB moves arnt totally useless lol, say they only do damage on fire based characters, would be useful :p )

V-K

Smash Ace
@jalued
In Pokemon you have to change your Pokes to get real advantages against the opponent but smash fights should be always fair even if you play only one character.
I think some characters couldn´t defeat some others because they own with 10% more dmg lol.
Imo every character should be able to fight every other char.

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
Iirc the PT's pokemon already have elemental weaknesses and strengths, correct me if I'm wrong.

Actually, that feature should be removed if true. With so many fire moves, Ivysaur would be at a disavantage.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Brawl+ v1.0 will be out when it's ready. It's not something that we should rush, and thus it is something that we will not rush. Be happy with your betas for now and that we have a version worth showing people at all. I'd rather brawl+ be in beta for a year and turn out excellent than be in beta for only a couple months and be difficult to adjust when we need to.
Did I sound like I was complaining? I sure hope not, that wasn't my intent. It just seemed like without the gecko 2.0 we were nearing the completest state we could for now. Sorry if it came off the wrong way.

And for the guy asking why use no ladders I have 2 reasons and a comment
1) Pictochat has a transformation with ladders
2) No ladders makes friendlies where official rules don't apply more fun in 2 stages

Also note that I said if there is room. Keep in mind it only takes up 1 line, so there is a chance that room will exist.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Besides the fact that the get in the way of anything that involves up or down on the joystick? Nothing except that they are useless and do nothing but get in the way.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
That may be your problem. Also I'm not sure which stages you play in, but 75m is a train wreck with ladders. Also, its not just aerials its also tilts, smashes, ducking, tap jumping, b moves, crawling. Its a major hassle.

kupo15

Smash Hero
That may be your problem. Also I'm not sure which stages you play in, but 75m is a train wreck with ladders. Also, its not just aerials its also tilts, smashes, ducking, tap jumping, b moves, crawling. Its a major hassle.
75m will never ever be tourney legal. Keep it in your set, but it will never be in the plussery's based off of that

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
But it could be party with friends viable. And isn't it at all obnoxious every now and then in pictochat, especially because you aren't expecting it?

kupo15

Smash Hero
But it could be party with friends viable. And isn't it at all obnoxious every now and then in pictochat, especially because you aren't expecting it?
Not really for me anyway. And you must have some wild parties if you play on 75m frequently lol.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Not frequently, its in random and only Shadow Moses, Sumit, Mario Bros, New Pork, and Hanenbow are turned off. But the fact still remains that climbing is an annoying mechanic, and if the space allows (which it won't unless the current codes are compressed), it should go.

By the way, how is fast fall while using Bs supposed to work. I'm not sure if it is doing anything for me.

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
I really don't see the point of no ladders if we only have 1 viable stage with ladders (and even then, the ladders do appear quite in-frequently).

Didn't SHELL say something about 3.3beta having 256 codes? Looks like they're really tight on space and there are more character specific problems that are much more important than no ladders.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
It was lucky that they had exactly 256 lines of code and next time, I kind of doubt it will happen that way. We won't be able to add any extra codes because we'll have like 253 and there won't be anything worth/capable of using the last 3 lines.

That's why I am proposing that, if the hypothetical situation I created above happens, we fill 1 of those 3 extra lines with 'no ladders'.

I understand that we are tight on space, but it is not very likely that we will have exactly 256 lines left a second time.

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
It was lucky that they had exactly 256 lines of code and next time, I kind of doubt it will happen that way. We won't be able to add any extra codes because we'll have like 253 and there won't be anything worth/capable of using the last 3 lines.

That's why I am proposing that, if the hypothetical situation I created above happens, we fill 1 of those 3 extra lines with 'no ladders'.

I understand that we are tight on space, but it is not very likely that we will have exactly 256 lines left a second time.
...I don't think 256 was a coincidence. There's plenty of short codes out there that help. Plus, one line=one buff. So let's say there's 3 lines left over. They could then increase G&W's d-smash end lag, or decrease Lucas' d-smash lag, etc.

Revven

FrankerZ
Okay, I brought BrawlPlusery Beta 3.3 to a tourney today(the one kupo gave me with the names in replays code) and had some issues...

For some reason, Lucas was able to FF his Up B so that made recovering with him impossible. I do not know if it was because kupo gave me a code set with one of the newest codes (though they didn't come out until like, last night and I got the set much earlier on that day) or it's one of the codes in the set. Furthermore, apparently whenever I or anyone would flick the control stick while it was loading a stage, the game would stop loading it and freeze, could this be looked into? I'll send the .gct kupo gave me for anyone willing to try it and see if it may just be my Wii or something.

Also, I actually finally got the black screen of death that Trojanpooh was complaining about. Certainly doesn't happen that often though I think one of the players was holding a direction when I died I guess.

In any case, I got some awesome replays and I plan to record them and get them up when I can. Right now, my main computer is ****ed up and I cannot use it AT ALL (the harddrive is broken) I'll have to use my laptop or something from now on until I get a new computer (don't know when that'll be). Hopefully though, everything will go fine this coming week.

Just so everyone knows also, EVERYBODY LOVED B+ AT THE TOURNEY! 1der <3ed it and I installed the HBC onto three Wiis before I left. They said they were going to spread B+ like a virus, I just have to get their SD Cards set up now since they didn't have it with them.

It's looking good for Ohio right now.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Good to know the problems didn't affect B+'s reception. That stuff shouldn't be happening, though, period (well I guess besides the hold direction after a match glitch which we still haven't fixed... we need to fix that). This is why we have official betas... to make sure that when we're showing off brawl+ to people they don't get the experience ruined by some glitch in the codeset. Luckily that didn't happen with you, but it could easily happen to someone else. This really needs to be looked into before we release 3.3. Because afaik 3.2 didn't have the stage loading problem.

kupo15

Smash Hero
What? Lucas shouldn't have FFed. I actually forget when I gave you that code and what exactly I gave you tbh so it might have been before the fixed FF in tumble came out. I wish we touched base before the night was over. Let me send you my latest code and see if it is different then what you played on.

Revven

FrankerZ
Ohio is where its at, how did singles go?
Attendance wasn't as high as it could've been, but, I placed 4th in singles.

leafgreen386 said:
Good to know the problems didn't affect B+'s reception. That stuff shouldn't be happening, though, period (well I guess besides the hold direction after a match glitch which we still haven't fixed... we need to fix that). This is why we have official betas... to make sure that when we're showing off brawl+ to people they don't get the experience ruined by some glitch in the codeset. Luckily that didn't happen with you, but it could easily happen to someone else. This really needs to be looked into before we release 3.3. Because afaik 3.2 didn't have the stage loading problem.
Yeah, I think it was my Wii but idk. Could someone test it please to make sure it's not in the beta 3.3 that shanus has? Thanks.

kupo15 said:
What? Lucas shouldn't have FFed. I actually forget when I gave you that code and what exactly I gave you tbh so it might have been before the fixed FF in tumble came out. I wish we touched base before the night was over. Let me send you my latest code and see if it is different then what you played on.
Unfortunately, I still need to use this code set to record the replays (which I have yet yo do). You may send the code set to me, but, before that I will double check to make sure the loading thing is actually what I think it is. I just told people not to play Lucas when we found out about it. B+ was received very well and I think it will start to spread in Ohio soon enough.

Matches will be up this week, DOUBLES MATCHES GUYS!!!! MAD HYPE!!!

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Also, I actually finally got the black screen of death that Trojanpooh was complaining about. Certainly doesn't happen that often though I think one of the players was holding a direction when I died I guess.
So I just replicated the black screen glitch just as someone described it in the thread a while ago. I held down after a match...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom