• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vilt

Smash Lord
xD Samus missiles, maybe be back to normal speed and add just more Knockback?

And I don't know if anyone one else had this problem but Wolf's second jump takes forever to come out. Might have just been me, but when I would be offstage, after doing an U-air, I would be off screen at the bottom before I could jump again and Up-B to come back and then I would make it barely.

matt4300

Smash Ace
Alright guys....

I'm not trying to provoke a separation of the community but I hope you guys take a look at this code set I made and see if there is anything that you find interesting to add in the BrawlPlusery.

I tried to make the set as balanced as possible.

http://www.codecrater.com/brawlplus/USA/muba/
Balanced as in char tweaks? or everything eles?

EDIT: @o@ awsome, is there a list or do I just gotta figure it out lol

Man wow, I can't belive how fun bowser is now. What all did you do to him? Also Samus sh double missle =@_@' (<<<awsome) but why does she get an uber standing grab, and link gets his slow *** old claw shot?
From what ive seen this is really good, and I hope they do to bowser whatever it is you did.

Clever_Sleazoid

Smash Apprentice
Quite frankly I myself am STILL having a hard time figuring out why the Brawlplusery set was chosen to be the "official" one. It just seems so much less fun, and the characters hop in such an odd "clunky" fashion. How is this better than Kupo's, Mookie's, or Muba's?

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
And I don't know if anyone one else had this problem but Wolf's second jump takes forever to come out. Might have just been me, but when I would be offstage, after doing an U-air, I would be off screen at the bottom before I could jump again and Up-B to come back and then I would make it barely.
Q4alsohavingthisproblem

And nobody should ever have to go through what i went through to get the Twilight Hack and Homebrew up and running. I should make a tutorial, cuz Makkun's is waaay outdated

And what's the logic for killing the buffer? There should be at least a 3-5 frame buffer, regardless of whether or not it's a perfect code.

Revven

FrankerZ
Quite frankly I myself am STILL having a hard time figuring out why the Brawlplusery set was chosen to be the "official" one. It just seems so much less fun, and the characters hop in such an odd "clunky" fashion. How is this better than Kupo's, Mookie's, or Muba's?
There's several reasons.

It's mostly because it is a set decided by the B+ backroom with people like shanus, Cape, MookieRah, and etc. back there working to balance the game as best as possible. If we went with kupo's set, we wouldn't have enough space to make these changes (IIRC, he had used up about 190 lines or so). Next, it is the "official" one because most everybody agrees on it. The B+ broomers always ask for input, thus it isn't really just THEM making it. It is the community, in a sense, helping out and making this unified code set.

It may feel slow at first but, you HAVE to play actual people in order to feel the speed. Watch some of my matches, then maybe you'll see the potential this set has.

www.youtube.com/user/smk2

lamelikemike

Smash Cadet
There's several reasons.

It's mostly because it is a set decided by the B+ backroom with people like shanus, Cape, MookieRah, and etc. back there working to balance the game as best as possible. If we went with kupo's set, we wouldn't have enough space to make these changes (IIRC, he had used up about 190 lines or so). Next, it is the "official" one because most everybody agrees on it. The B+ broomers always ask for input, thus it isn't really just THEM making it. It is the community, in a sense, helping out and making this unified code set.

It may feel slow at first but, you HAVE to play actual people in order to feel the speed. Watch some of my matches, then maybe you'll see the potential this set has.

www.youtube.com/user/smk2
Also you have to remember several things.

1. It still isn't finished.
2. It is becoming easily twice as balanced as the other code sets with global codes.
3. The way this code set is made characters can be buff/nerfed at any time the community thinks it should be.
4. Way more fun doesn't neccasarily mean way more competitive. yes it is fun to be able to easily get **** combos that lead to 0%deaths. but if you play someone that can do the same to you, you will wish that you had a way of avioding them.

Adapt

Smash Lord
Wait... updated feb 22nd?

what was changed between today's updates and the codeset introduced on the 20th?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
We had a another Brawl+ tournament this weekend in NC.

1st place was a Marth
2nd place was a Snake
3rd place was a Wolf
4th place was a Pikachu

Out of all of those, I was the only person to pick up a new character specifically for Brawl+ <_<. All well. (I was Wolf btw)

Brawl+ is definitely 100x better then normal Brawl. I really wish this would become a tournament standard.

Revven

FrankerZ

1st place was a Marth
2nd place was a Snake
3rd place was a Wolf
4th place was a Pikachu

Out of all of those, I was the only person to pick up a new character specifically for Brawl+ <_<. All well. (I was Wolf btw)

Brawl+ is definitely 100x better then normal Brawl. I really wish this would become a tournament standard.
Wow, that's some different standings than what a vBrawl tourney would be like. No MK in sight! That's a refresher. Snake is still showing to be pretty good, that's okay though. Good to see Wolf place third though, I <3 the dude.

Any vids to be expected?

Almas

Smash Lord
Unfortunately, no. I'm waiting on seeing Paprika online - if I know his progress I can take over for him, since it seems he doesn't have enough time to work on the project at this point in time.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Yeah, what is the difference here...?
I think I read a page back something to do with Samus? She can SH double missile now.. if I can remember correctly.

1st place was a Marth
2nd place was a Snake
3rd place was a Wolf
4th place was a Pikachu

Good to see that the B+ tourney didn't come up with the usual MK players as winners.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only

1st place was a Marth
2nd place was a Snake
3rd place was a Wolf
4th place was a Pikachu

Vidzordidn't happen.

Seriously, though, did you guys happen to save any replays?

kupo15

Smash Hero
We should consider the universal size mod code. Things feel less crowded and more *right* if you know what I mean. The proportion feels good now

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
First, were these minor bug fixes related to the crashing when you hold down on the joy stick as the match ends?

Second. I really think we should incorporate the universal size mod in the final project, so we should all start testing to find out where/ if we need to compensate for the smaller size and if there are any glitches. Here's the code set to 93%

04AD76C0 3F6E147B

shanus

Smash Hero
First, were these minor bug fixes related to the crashing when you hold down on the joy stick as the match ends?

Second. I really think we should incorporate the universal size mod in the final project, so we should all start testing to find out where/ if we need to compensate for the smaller size and if there are any glitches. Here's the code set to 93%

04AD76C0 3F6E147B
It increases the amount required to kill characters to the boundaries.

As tested by Kupo, metaknights kill percent vertically increased by 2%.

I'm against this as its unnecessary and increases character survivability for no reason other than cosmetics.

storm92

Smash Ace
We should consider the universal size mod code. Things feel less crowded and more *right* if you know what I mean. The proportion feels good now
I agree, and also helps out defense slightly. I don't mean I encourage campiness (as if the metagame right now does, anyways) but it helps balance out defense and offense more, and I've seen plenty complain about the lopsided nature right now towards attacking.

kupo15

Smash Hero
It increases the amount required to kill characters to the boundaries.

As tested by Kupo, metaknights kill percent vertically increased by 2%.

I'm against this as its unnecessary and increases character survivability for no reason other than cosmetics.
Its not just cosmetic. If you actually played with it before bashing it you would know.

shanus

Smash Hero
I agree, and also helps out defense slightly. I don't mean I encourage campiness (as if the metagame right now does, anyways) but it helps balance out defense and offense more, and I've seen plenty complain about the lopsided nature right now towards attacking.
That is just not true at all. It is easy to be defensive and successful in Brawl+, and is easily not heavy attack biased right now. Furthermore, these momentum codes especially allow more defensive options for characters with projectiles, further promoting defensive gameplay (its pretty **** easy to camp now with momentum). So what your saying is your giving players more room to be defensive AND also making it so you need to damage your opponents more now than previously to get a KO. Overall, doesn't seem worth it to me to worry about this for FFAs & team battles....

Kupo, I don't need to play it before I bash it. You provided me with the numbers right there, it increases kill %s.

I'm only one person, but post it in the back room for a vote & lay out all the details there. Things like that don't get decided in here.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Kupo, I don't need to play it before I bash it. You provided me with the numbers right there, it increases kill %s.
You know what, we should have scrapped gravity mods of any kind long ago. On paper it increases survivability also so its a bad code. Might as well scrap it now.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
So we're going to ditch team battles just because a 7% size difference? How much could that possibly effect the deaths so much that its not worth it. As it is right now, a team battle with all big characters is more like an orgy because the entire stage is occupied by the characters. A little size reduction helps here way more than it hurts 1 on 1. Just try it, and if everyone agrees that it messes thing up, we drop it. Its that simple

kupo15

Smash Hero
So we're going to ditch team battles just because a 7% size difference? How much could that possibly effect the deaths so much that its not worth it. As it is right now, a team battle with all big characters is more like an orgy because the entire stage is occupied by the characters. A little size reduction helps here way more than it hurts 1 on 1. Just try it, and if everyone agrees that it messes thing up, we drop it. Its that simple
2%. That is his justification for not using the code that does so much for the game

shanus

Smash Hero
Read my post above again, the very end.

And gravity had a lot more implications for character balance and functionality, which was the critical reason it was implemented. This just increases stage proportions with a negative impact on kill percentage.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Read MY post above again.

Smaller characters greatly helps the flow of team battles (and less importantly here, FFA's).

storm92

Smash Ace
Read MY post above again.

Smaller characters greatly helps the flow of team battles (and less importantly here, FFA's).
While I support the code, I have to say that singles does take priority over team battles, and especially FFAs. That said, it barely changes functionality and adds to these two type of games, and IMO also to singles by giving more room for spacing, combos, etc.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Gonna repost what I said on the code agenda thread.

Now, the character size mod. I'm gonna be honest, here. A while ago, I would've thought this was just silly. But hey, it's actually really nice. Stages feel more spacious, without that cramped feeling I seem to get on every stage in brawl, rather than just a few select small stages. It feels more natural when you're comboing someone across the stage, too. Also, team matches finally feel less like you're in a mall of crowded school girls. It doesn't really screw with anything, either. I thought I would have spacing problems when I first saw it, but it was actually really easy to adjust to. I think we should give this code a shot. It definitely makes team matches more enjoyable, and it helps singles, too.
I don't see a big problem with characters surviving slightly longer because of the code. We've done so much that already influences kill percents that smaller character sizes should be no more than a drop in the bucket. The character to stage ratio feels a lot more appropriate, and I think it helps the game more than it hurts it.

shanus

Smash Hero
Exactly. While the importance does go 1v1, Team, FFA; all three are important.
I was saying read my post again to Kupo asking him to post in the back room about it where decisions are made, not here. Also, remember we are going for game balance here, not FFA shenanigans. I'm still going to test it out later on, but its weaknesses should remain known.

shanus

Smash Hero
Which, I know you're aware of shanus, have a big pull for tourneys.
You always see singles and doubles.
No I know, I just was asking for it to be posted in the back room for a vote! lol

I'm also going to be testing it out tonight. its not like I'm ruling here with an iron fist lol, if its a good change for the game, I'm all for it (as all of you have mentioned so far, which seems promising). I just was asking for things to try and follow certain protocol which we have been recently trying to establish in the BR.

storm92

Smash Ace
No I know, I just was asking for it to be posted in the back room for a vote! lol

I'm also going to be testing it out tonight. its not like I'm ruling here with an iron fist lol, if its a good change for the game, I'm all for it (as all of you have mentioned so far, which seems promising). I just was asking for things to try and follow certain protocol which we have been recently trying to establish in the BR.
Haha no worries, I'm just arguing my case. :laugh:

kupo15

Smash Hero
dont forget shanus. .93 might be a tad too small which means killing difference could be 1%. If we use it, I think a range from .93-.95 would be nice.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Glad that the arguing is becoming more like debating, we were starting to get a bit agresive. Am I right in assuming that the back room is exclusive (hence the name back room), so I won't be able to go and vote? If it will be possible, can you direct me in the right direction? Thanks.

storm92

Smash Ace
Glad that the arguing is becoming more like debating, we were starting to get a bit agresive. Am I right in assuming that the back room is exclusive (hence the name back room), so I won't be able to go and vote? If it will be possible, can you direct me in the right direction? Thanks.
Private and exclusive, like the other Brooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom