• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Glad that the arguing is becoming more like debating, we were starting to get a bit agresive. Am I right in assuming that the back room is exclusive (hence the name back room), so I won't be able to go and vote? If it will be possible, can you direct me in the right direction? Thanks.
The B+ broom is invite only and is hidden from other users. You will not be able to vote on this, although if enough support is shown from the community, it will greatly influence the broom's decision.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Okay. I trust them, I was just curious about whether or not I would have to go vote, or if it was out of my hands now.

Rikana

Smash Champion
I'm all up for changes of size as well. Melee/N64 wasn't all about singles. Doubles should definitely be focused on as well. But it might be hard though. Everything might need to be adjusted again in order for it to work well. Stage changes should've probably been brought up first before character modifications. But it's too late now.

Hope all goes well though.

kupo15

Smash Hero
stage changes are not possible. This is the only way and its great that its a universal size change and not just character. Voices are unaffected also

shanus

Smash Hero
I mean it certainly doesn't hurt when all of you show your enthusiasm for it. I mean, it sounds great and so far it seems likely to be incorporated. Now its about finding the right value, etc.

storm92

Smash Ace
any way to increase Link's chain for aerial recovery?
I was actually thinking something along those lines.
I saw the "You Must Recover" Melee vid yesterday, and at one point where Link used his chain it seemed much longer than Brawl's version.
Was it just that it seemed longer, or is it shorter in Brawl?
And would it be worth it to increase the range slightly, if we even need to anymore with Link's buffed recovery?

Vilt

Smash Lord
Wow, that's some different standings than what a vBrawl tourney would be like. No MK in sight! That's a refresher. Snake is still showing to be pretty good, that's okay though. Good to see Wolf place third though, I <3 the dude.

Any vids to be expected?
xD Reason behind no Mks up there is cause no one really plays MK in NC. xD I think we did a whole TV recording Brawl+ for like the whole tourney.

Eight 52

Smash Journeyman
I was actually thinking something along those lines.
I saw the "You Must Recover" Melee vid yesterday, and at one point where Link used his chain it seemed much longer than Brawl's version.
Was it just that it seemed longer, or is it shorter in Brawl?
And would it be worth it to increase the range slightly, if we even need to anymore with Link's buffed recovery?
It's much shorter, but it doesn't need a buff. Clearly Link was supposed to have a sub par recovery in Brawl. The changes were made just so he could actually recover as opposed to dieing at like 10%.

Clever_Sleazoid

Smash Apprentice
Personally, I am not in favor of the size change at all. However, my opinion could always change after trying it.

Just wanted to put that out there.

It just seems like we are trying to match Melee way too much at this point in time for me...

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
I don't see the correlation between Melee and un-cramped battlefields. The value's we are experimenting with are because the Melee stages should feel like they did in Melee. That value is around 93%. Then, once we decide if we will use size mods, we will move the values around a bit to find a good size for Brawl.

Clever_Sleazoid

Smash Apprentice
Alright, I guess that makes sense. I should just go ahead and try this out and then see what my feelings are. If Kupo is backing it that provides a high chance of me actually liking it, as I was happy with almost all changes he has done before in his codesets.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
That's the spirit, and sorry if my last post sounded a little rude, after reading it again, it sounds really aggressive to me.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Alright, I guess that makes sense. I should just go ahead and try this out and then see what my feelings are. If Kupo is backing it that provides a high chance of me actually liking it, as I was happy with almost all changes he has done before in his codesets.
I'm liking .95 atm. Its a little weird at first but its really neat. I won't have a full idea until tuesday night when I bring it to gamers but ****, things feel fine atm

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
I know that this is not going to be popular opinion, but I really really like 90%. I only played one or two matches, but if felt great. Its a shame we can't just bring the boundary closer, then everyone would win. And to anyone who may say that it doesn't feel natural, keep in mind that if this became an official code, the gravity values would all be tweaked till if feels right.

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad to see you guys are considering the character size mod again. I've always been for it, and basically reaffirm everyone's reasoning, especially now that we have character specific tweaking to make it perfect.

Please, before you bash it, just try it.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I'm glad to see you guys are considering the character size mod again. I've always been for it, and basically reaffirm everyone's reasoning, especially now that we have character specific tweaking to make it perfect.

Please, before you bash it, just try it.
The only reason we are considering it is because this one doesn't affect voices and stuff. Its a universal size mod instead of just a character. I am really liking .95 atm

Rikana

Smash Champion
Kupo, do you have a capture card? I'm very anxious to play Brawl+ but I can't until midterms are done for me.

I'd love to see some videos of .95 B+ characters in action. Even vs. CPU is fine for me.

storm92

Smash Ace
Tested .93 char size and 1 momentum atm, and I seriously have never had more fun playing Brawl+.
Anywhere between 90-95 seems perfect for the char size code, and the momentum code is just amazing. It feels great, everything is much more natural, and as far as I could see no chars received or didn't receive a disproportionate amount of momentum.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
I really like .9 and if we were only concerned with the right character size, that would be the way to go. Unfortunately, we also have to worry about the stuff that was brought up in the last few pages, so I agree with storm. Anywhere between .9 and .95 but as close to .9 as possible.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Kupo, do you have a capture card? I'm very anxious to play Brawl+ but I can't until midterms are done for me.

I'd love to see some videos of .95 B+ characters in action. Even vs. CPU is fine for me.
I do. I can get a human match maybe tonight. It won't be that great because of my roomate, but I can get great matches up Wednesday. And shanus should be having my settings for his broadcast tonight also

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Oh. As I said once, I only played a couple matches and as I think about it none of the stages really had platforms (FD, Corneria, SMW). I guess we'll need to go a bit bigger.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Increases Link's zair would require changes to hitboxes "not possible at this point"

I think falcon could use a tad less momentum. He freakin fly's far

I haven't noticed because I like never tried but can we do ff zairs? if not we should add that to the code

Personally I feel like changing character stage ratio's would really hurt disjointed characters and there ability to abuse their disjointed attacks through platforms.

I hope you'll reconsider

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
What still needs to be done to the momentum code before it is ready to be an official part of the plusery codeset? Also, I have a request, until the extra lines are needed, can the official set us the Zelda icon code? It is:

046900E8 60000000

I just think it looks a lot better. I always use it myself, and I really think that everyone, even those who don't think they care enough to put it in their selves, should be able to enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom