• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I dont think ronnie is completely random.

I think that it works like this.

At the start of the match, x = 0, as time progress, y = y +1, when y = z, x = 1

When x = 1, Ronnie is active. Thusly when the characters are at certain co-ordinates in the stage (x,y), Ronnie pops up and saves them. Because if you havnt noticed, Ronnie only pops up on the side that is near the co-ordinates of a character that falls within the range of co-ordinates that cause Ronnie to pop up.

Do you get me?

I dont think I've ever seen Ronnie pop up on the opposite side of a stage while no one is there.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Still messing with the 4/26/09 setup, and seeing as this codeset is going to be the one used for an upcoming tournament this Saturday, I want to experiment more with it before I reach any conclusion. Liking it so far, though.

I'm really posting to say this... please be careful about these stage modifications. Intentional or not, alterations and hazard removals further homogenize the overall game, which I'm sure we agree we don't want. There's balance, and then there's diversity.

That said, I've always considered YI to be more of a counterpick stage, even in regular brawl. Its unique floor and edge layout give it the qualities of most counterpicks; it gives considerable advantages and disadvantages to certain characters. Why not instead move it to the CP list? We now have other stages that are viable contenders for "neutral" status (e.g PS2, Mansion, PS1), and it'd be an important addition to the overall lacking area of counterpick stages commonly used in tournaments.

Eaode

Smash Champion
possibly a simple psychological effect, the same with people that thought the klap trap in JJ only popped up when people down there. You only notice it when people are there so you think there's a connection with their location and its appearance.

further research needs to be done to fully determine how Ronnie works. If we find he does follow a pattern, that'd be great, we just learned something about the game. If we find out he's just random, well, that's another thing to look into modifying..

Also yes, upcoming LI B+ tourney. Hopefully we'll get sum raep vids up.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I seriously think Ronnie isnt random. He activates when a character goes into a certain zone set by Brawl. Which is why that state is really famous (or infamous) for a large amount of stages.

And he doesnt pop up for a certain amount of time.

When have you ever seen him pop up on where there are no characters?

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
How much testing has bee done though? It just doesnt seem completely random with all those saves the stages does on a normal basis.
And yet you've seen that you don't need to be anywhere close to it for it to pop up. Why wouldn't it seem completely random with all the saves it does on a regular basis? What does that prove about anything? That just shows that it randomly saves people fairly often.

lol!!!!!!!!!!!
Because that's not spam or anything.

It likely appears to save people more often because you don't actually see it due to Brawl's camera. You won't often even notice "Ronnie" unless there is serious offstage game going on, at which point it popping up at all would be a "save".

Though isn't removing them a bit much? Isn't there a way to put them on a timer instead? I'd hate to lose that little part of the stage's variety.

It honestly isn't that drastic of an interference. It's just annoying as all hell when it costs you a kill from a well placed spike or cape.

If we can put a timer on it, let's do it. If we can't, then put it in Neutral/Counter and leave the TOs to decide.

I'm honestly more worried about the Pirate Ship than this.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
It honestly isn't that drastic of an interference. It's just annoying as all hell when it costs you a kill from a well placed spike or cape.

If we can put a timer on it, let's do it. If we can't, then put it in Neutral/Counter and leave the TOs to decide.

Difference between yoshi's and pirate is that yoshi's is on neutral right now. It's a neutral that can screw you over and cheat you out of a kill on pure random chance. How does that quality even fit a neutral?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Either put it on a timer or remove it entirely. We shouldn't have random fricking elements on a neutral fricking stage, especially ones that can drastically interfere with the match.

I wouldnt call YI without Ronnie a neutral. It more neutral/CP, leaning towards CP in my opinion because of the uneven level and the shy guys (they do impact the match at random intervals) and the shifting platform.

IC3R

Smash Lord

Cannon shots, temporary gravity altercations, ship-spikes, catapult KOs...

Yeah, I can see how that would be a problem...

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
If Yoshi's Island becomes a CP, I DEMAND that Lylat Cruise become a CP as well. Last I checked, it was still a neutral, and the costant tilting of the stage, not to mention the horrendously distracting background, really don't make this a neutral. The background bit may be personal problems, though, but it really gets hard to ignore with all the flashes and awesome space combat and ****.

Difference between yoshi's and pirate is that yoshi's is on neutral right now. It's a neutral that can screw you over and cheat you out of a kill on pure random chance. How does that quality even fit a neutral?
Slap it in Neutral/CP and let the Organizers decide.

It can easily work as a neutral, especially with the stage strike that most TOs are going with. However, it does posses a few qualities that would make it lean towards a Counter.
The stage strike should ensure that you never have to play an unfavorable stage off of the neutral pick anyway though, so it doesn't hit me as a huge issue.

Still. Timer. Do we know if it can be done?

On another note, Lylat really never bothered me, but putting it in Counter/Neutral would be a wise move with all of the complaints that the stage gets.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Slap it in Neutral/CP and let the Organizers decide.

It can easily work as a neutral, especially with the stage strike that most TOs are going with. However, it does posses a few qualities that would make it lean towards a Counter.
The stage strike should ensure that you never have to play an unfavorable stage off of the neutral pick anyway though, so it doesn't hit me as a huge issue.

Still. Timer. Do we know if it can be done?

On another note, Lylat really never bothered me, but putting it in Counter/Neutral would be a wise move with all of the complaints that the stage gets.
Lylat Cruise is pretty neutral as it is. The timer could be done, but we don't have as many hackers as we did before. At least for a while.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Lylat is a CP. That stage should not be neutral because of the rotating ledges and the fact that attacks can go through the stage from the ledge more effectively than any other stage.

Magus420

Smash Master
Having a good sized list of 'neutral' stages with stage striking in mind always seemed a bit silly to me. I don't even remember the last time a stage strike resulted in the 1st match being played on a stage that wasn't either Smashville, Battlefield, or occasionally on FD. Almost seems pointless to have the 'less' neutral and borderline counterpick stages like Lylat and such thrown in for 'variety' when they are almost always the very 1st ones to go, lol.

Same deal with Warioware and Luigi's Mansion. They're neat additions, but in a stage striking system I can see them almost always either canceling each other out or simply being struck over one of the main ones. Player A strikes WW because Player A's character dies a little too easily -> Player B strikes LM because Player A's character lives too long, or perhaps Player A strikes LM because Player B's character has too much room to run around -> Player B strikes WW because Player B's character doesn't have enough room to run around. When it doesn't really matter, either SV or BF if not both are also fine and they almost always strike in favor of one of those anyway.

With stage striking it might as well just be SV/BF/PS2/FD for neutrals in B+, since I can't really see all of those stages getting struck before the others.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I agree with Magus on the neutral stages.

Also, I'm pretty sure Ronnie's timing is somewhat random, but for what it's worth, he never appears on the same side twice in a row. When you're edgeguarding someone, you should always anticipate Ronnie saving them, so you can adjust accordingly if it does happen. Definitely more neutral than Lylat.

Sukai

Smash Champion
DI (especially SDI) is really easy in Brawl and this is no different in Brawl+. I can react just fine.
That's nice to hear, but can other people? Can you vouch for that?

I agree with Magus on the neutral stages.

Also, I'm pretty sure Ronnie's timing is somewhat random, but for what it's worth, he never appears on the same side twice in a row. When you're edgeguarding someone, you should always anticipate Ronnie saving them, so you can adjust accordingly if it does happen. Definitely more neutral than Lylat.
This.
It's neutral because both players are on equal standing without hazards to get in the way of their individual play.
"Ronnie" doesn't put any player in a disadvantageous position, it's just fine as it.

GreatFalco

Smash Apprentice
To paprika killer,
could you post the Brawl+ 4.1 codes that you have ported to PAL?
Post them or upload a txt file please.

I'd like to have these codes to add texture hacks.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Im pretty sure Ronnie has popped up on the same side twice when I was expecting him to pop up on the other. Since when have you heard of a neutral stage have some sort of randomness that might influence the match? Ronnie definitely works different than the cloud in melee

If we want to remove the support ghosts without freezing we can just expand the stage it covers them because the support ghosts are not affected with the size mod. You would have to increase by about 16% I think

jokey665

Smash Ace
Im pretty sure Ronnie has popped up on the same side twice when I was expecting him to pop up on the other. Since when have you heard of a neutral stage have some sort of randomness that might influence the match? Ronnie definitely works different than the cloud in melee

If we want to remove the support ghosts without freezing we can just expand the stage it covers them because the support ghosts are not affected with the size mod. You would have to increase by about 16% I think
This kind of stuff is what's making me shy away from Brawl+ more. Just because a stage isn't an exact clone of FD/Battlefield doesn't mean it needs to be made as close to one of them as we can make it (Pictochat being turned into FD with walls instead of a lip). I'm all for reversing/whatever stages with no competitive merit (Warioware), but I'm even against Pokemon Stadium 2 being made how it is. PS2 is a great counterpick. Now the same thing is being done to Yoshi's? Yoshi's is my absolute favourite neutral stage, and any change to it will just piss me off when I try to play on it. Leave neutrals/counterpicks how they are.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I agree that Yoshi's should not be touched.

I disagree that PS2 was a good stage before though...

shanus

Smash Hero
i feel that Yoshi's is fine as well. If anything I think Yoshi's is a better neutral than lylat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom