• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters

Niko_K

Smash Master
People should switch to melee and understand the true depth of smash and WHY it's so popular. Brawl is a joke!

Which is why I play a GAY DIDDY.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Hmm....I would have made it out if the lazy person who was running the tournament did not cheat me out to get in brackets. But w/e, that tourny was balls to care much about at this present time.
Lol, I specifically remember when making the rules...

Hmmm.... how can I make it so Dark Peach won't make it into brackets? Mwuahahaha

Cactuar made it out of pools beating Santi while at it at his first and only Brawl tourney. Get *****.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Does anyone else b-reverse Toad when returning to the stage to replace fair with bair?

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
God **** it! I'd just typed responses to Yaay's quote... and my internet crashed. :mad::mad: Looks like I'll have to do it again.

You are probably one of the only ones. I heavily disagree with Peach being lower than 19th, especially if you consider that I already find 19th way too low for her.

It's fine that you think she should be lower, especially since you've said why you find that. Expect some *******s, nobody'll flame you. Especially not on the Peach boards. Ok, we have loads of drama, but I think we're a nice board. Don't laugh.

Nah, I like you guys. Everyone else is too harsh on you lot IMO.

However, I find that your arguments have huge flaws.
Her aerial defense is seriously not that bad, not even on Wi-fi. It is below average, probably, but that won't affect her so much, because she has many options to make up for. Her second jump is an excellent evading tool. Her aerials are extremely quick. She can float. Toad and Parasol help her and...
The problem is that she gets juggled too easily, which means that characters normally adept at it anyway can have a field day with her. Take MK, for example. If he's Uairing you, you can't airdodge due to the huge lag, you can't use Dair to trade hits because it's too slow, and you can't second jump away because he can simply use one of his five mid-air jumps to catch up to you. Your only safe bet is to SDI away, at which point, he can up B you. See what I mean? Her second jump only really works when evading horizontally. If your opponent is approaching from behind (which they shouldn't be), Bair slices through most attacks, but if they're approaching from the front, since Fair is kind of slow, they can usually outspeed us. Don't get me wrong, Fair is a great move; just not defensive wise.

You know, not so long time ago, Dark Pch made a post about how he always could come back to the stage. However, he said that he could not explain it. I found that strange and I was surprised as Dark Pch almost always has hunderds of arguments and explanations. But now I'm in the same situation ;p It's hard to explain. My tip is: Expiriment more. Look what helps you in coming back to the stage. Also, be unpredictable and don't always rely on one option. Sometimes do this, sometimes do that... Don't limit your options. And last, don't be too aggressive too hit. Do that when you have come back on the stage. First, return safely.

I can't see why her recovery is bad. Her horizontal recovery is very long, her vertical one is hard to edgeguard. If you don't have your float, try your best to use Parasol as late as possible. If you are getting edgehogged, you can stall with 2nd jump/Toad. Im actually surprised you've mentioned this. I haven't seen any flaws in her recovery o.o
If your float is intact, her recovery is fine. But if you're ever forced to use her parasol (i.e. if you need vertical distance or you've lost your float), you're in trouble because you can't attack out of it, and you fall like a feather. As for Toad, yes it can stall, but a good opponent can wait out the counter frames and attack during the cooldown. Or better yet, hit with a Dair from above, and have you fall helplessly while Toad spurts out spores. Unless you sweetspot the ledge, parasol puts you in a bad situation.

Meh... IMO the tourney results are what holds her back on the tier list. They are pretty low. However, we're getting better resuls, which means we're improving :D Besides, Peach is one of the hardest - if not, the hardest - character(s) in the game. Currently, she is just fine where she is, but I think she will eventually be higher.

Peach4HighTier YOU'LL SEE!
To each his own, I guess.

Oh, and another problem is that she doesn't survive long enough. We all know she's fairly light, and her momentum cancelling isn't anything special (unless you have a turnip, in which case it's fantastic). Against characters like Snake that can live to 200%+, this is a problem. This couples with her killing problems because she can't kill reliably until around 150% or so on average (unless you land a surprise USmash), during which time she'll be taking damage and coming closer to beign KO'd.

Plus her matchups could be a tad better...

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Yeah, I don't play Brawl, but Peach is really easy to be good with. You just have to be willing to slap the other ******* like 400 times a match. *shrug*

Niko_K

Smash Master
so u still playing Brawl or what guy?
For sure but Canadas brawl scene sucks big ****. I started seconding Diddy and we play tons of melee now, where I main Peach/Fox/Falco xD.

Remember our set vs Inui and Atomsk at COT4? xD

Metatitan

Smash Master
I like melee but its so difficult to find a way to consistently play it, so tech skill and the feeling for the buffer leave you if you don't practice it often. Brawl you can always play and take huge breaks from because the physics are well.... easier.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
I like melee but its so difficult to find a way to consistently play it, so tech skill and the feeling for the buffer leave you if you don't practice it often. Brawl you can always play and take huge breaks from because the physics are well.... easier.
And that is the reason why people play brawl. Melee is nasty! Im super lazy in melee though. I play Peach there too. Since Hungrybox is in my crew WATO i wanted to learn Puff. But then Mango wuld hate me and not play yugioh with me anymore........=(

hova

Smash Champion
For sure but Canadas brawl scene sucks big ****. I started seconding Diddy and we play tons of melee now, where I main Peach/Fox/Falco xD.

yeah i remember. it was a friendly and they didn't use their mains; stop bringing it up all the time. Drk Pch and I held down a teams tv for over an hour with just double Peach, you don't see us talking about it anytime someone mentions double Peach

Melee is tight. i usually play at least every other week if not more, but i got too bored with it to play competitively anymore

additionally, crouch canceling is the gheyist piece of **** in history

Orion*

Smash Researcher

Hmmm.... how can I make it so Dark Peach won't make it into brackets? Mwuahahaha

Cactuar made it out of pools beating Santi while at it at his first and only Brawl tourney. Get *****.
allow norfair and metaknight again please :laugh:

Peach's novelty is slowly wearing off. I'm surprised people still aren't SDI'ing and nairing out of our dair. It's kind of pathetic.
how do you do this.... LOL a nice 19% with mk seems hilarious XD

Niko_K

Smash Master
Hova Id figure youd understand the amount of trolling that I do on this board. I bring up that one match for that exact reason lmfao.

CC'ing is actually amazing, best dynamic ever. Melee > Brawl.

Whoever can figure this post out wins a cookie.

But in all seriousness, Peach gets away with way more than she should in Brawl. WAY too much.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Yeah, that's why, you know, we had those funny threads during Feb. 2008 lol

and CC is peach's dress best friend.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I have fun playing gay :(

The amount of fun I have directly correlates to the levels of annoyance radiating off of my opponent.
It's because you are a lesbian. All you think about.

Ok. First brawl tourny I ever beeen 2 was in meta knight country. And I got 9th. And oh, A big tourny on the WC and I get.....wait what.........13th out of.....141.........I think that is right. I noticed you always butt riding someone. But when it comes to you, you run away from a debate or have someone fight your battles. And Talk stuff you know nothing about. Now you come here and think you are the big man around here (and I don't use that term lighty.)

Oh and Santi? He is balls. Jash is the truth. There is no TL better than him. So keep hyping ine things up. Now why don't you go back from the cave you crawled out of and get hype over NinjaLinks Robs. Who don't even main Rob and is a better ROB than you. Get *****. Muwahahahahaha!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In general I was playing melee atthe tourny on saturday, that was so much fun. I got the tech skills back and everything. I just need to remember some match ups. I can't tell with Falco I rather fight. melee or Brawl Falco. But ether way I had a blast playing. Mutiple wavelands with Peach on battle field is sick. I'm gonna start watching some Mike G and Armarda Videos.

I Also got this intership that pays. I started today. All I have to do is **** in an office and scan stuff.Thats it. One of the most easiest things to do. And they will give you a beast reference. Also have this other job interview 2morrow at a resturant.

Took a GED test Last week and have to wait like 4-6 weeks for the results. If I pass, I have a college waiting for me to get in. So finally got that out the way.

Now I have this curse. when something good happens, something bad always follows. Like after my placement at SNES, I had someone come indo my room in this independent living program and take my stuff and lost something special a good friend gave to me. Like in the summer when I first got my job. Good thing was that I got a job. Then the bad thing was I had this Freaky dream about my parents that really hit me hard and I could hardly sleep or speak to anyone. Think I got into a fight that week.

But now good stuff is happening again. So now I am just gonna sit back and wait for something bad to happen.

Metatitan

Smash Master
But now good stuff is happening again. So now I am just gonna sit back and wait for something bad to happen.[/COLOR]
Or you could be optimistic and have the attitude that will keep having good news coming :)

And why do you always call praxis a lesbian? If you're trying to be funny it's not working :(

-KB

Smash Rookie
Lol this board gets more ******** every time I read through it. Absolutely love it. xD

Think about it, The Peach board a very diverse board. We've got emotional people, angry people, emotionally angry people, trolls, elitists, aimless douchebags, overly-happy people, black people, mexicans, stubborn b-sticking players, Niko, lesbians (apparently), illiterate people, scrubs, pros, people who think they're pros, other mains who laugh at this board, and the incredible awesomeness that is myself. We've got everything!

Xyless

Smash Master

Diddy: the NEW Peach.

I've picked him up as my secondary, I believe Praxis has as well.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Keeps us all entertained for a while does it not? Its like a drug. You have to come back to the peach boards for more! I wanna second pika and or falco.

sorry about that double post. Sidekick johns. =(

Top Bottom