• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
At least no one can say you don't have balls, taking MK on like that.

*giggles childishly*
Yoshi main coming back just to say, I think you're one of my new favorite people :)

I noticed that too, and I hoped that someone would say it.

Thank you for making my day :)

Xyless

Smash Master
Freaking Yaaay. You've pulled me slightly back to my first love, the WiiChuck.

After trying it again, now with the correct controls (C as Jump, D-Pad as smashes), it's not as difficult, even though I'm still having mental blocks with having shield as my middle finger. I feel like I might be able to get over that, though. If I can, you know, there's nothing preventing the WiiChuck from working anymore. And I spent about a year with it, so I still feel more at home with it (even though I hate to admit it).

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
i make music too :>

http://www.myspace.com/wavdash

and i agree, you do need a better cam :p
Oh? cool this is pretty sweet.

I think you're my new favorite Peach main, seeing how Meta has betrayed us and all.

Also, Dark, what tourney in Jersey are you attending?

There is no tourny in NJ. I'm going to an EC regional tournament. it's three days:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=208490

I'm about to head out and be driven to the hotel in MA. Time Dark.Pch step his game up and start a revolution.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces

You and the other Peach players go on about if Meta plays gay there is no option or anything Peach can do about it. I Have told people like Inui and NL to play me as gay as hell with meta. any gay crap meta can do to do it to me. I will admit it is a pain in the azz and hard to deal. But I deal with it and find ways around it with. Do I always get the job done? No. Do I always fail? No. And I testes and proved my point like I said I would at the tournament in NJ.

The problem is, you get annoyed by meta too much. This is the same reason I can't deal with lucario. I know the mach up and know what to do. But he annoys me so much and I hate this character with a passion. A beginner could beat me with lucario. It's that serious. It's Not the character problem in this cause. it is your personal problem.

For a while I been hearing if meta does this and that or meta could have done this and that, it just ends Peach. And sorry but I call BS on that. Name any gay thing from meta and I been through it and dealt with it. You guys let meta get to you too hard. if Praxis is here just beating you and the other boys by spamming with meta, then sorry but that is just weak and shows you seriously let him get to you or you just can't deal with meta as well as you want/think.

Also I'll go out my way and say it's how you boys play meta. it's time to pack it up and do something new or else expect defeat from basic spamm.
If this were true you'd have a point. However, when I actually fight Meta, I have the exact same mentality you do. I only have this mentality when posting about it and analyzing the situations that occurred in the past. When playing an actual match, I have the mentality that I'm going to **** the MK player and that I gotta work hard to do it and I can definitely win even if it's M2K. So I'm not sure where you are going with this, as it's not a personal problem since I don't have this mentality when playing the actual game. Why can't you understand that someone can think a matchup is heavily disadvantaged but still give it their all and work really hard at it?

I do NOT get annoyed playing against Meta. I have fun with the matchup. I'm not sure where you got that idea either.

The matchup in my view is 70-30. I do not get annoyed playing vs Meta, and I don’t give up by any stretch of the imagination against the character. And yes, I think it’s 70-30 still.

the problem is you think I'm you. For you, when you think something is heavily disadvantaged, or a 70-30 matchup and nearly unwinnable, you probably get mad or upset and play worse. You have to understand that I AM NOT YOU and I play my best under these types of conditions. I have stated it a million times, but I would not be nearly the player I am right now if I thought that Peach was viable in tournament. I have to take the approach that I must be farrrr better than everyone else in order to even have a chance. I am not you guys, so don't assume that my mentality facing the game is hurting me, as it's doing quite the opposite.

IRONICALLY, THE REASON I LOST TO PRAXIS META IS BECAUSE I THOUGHT I COULD BEAT IT. I didn't give his MK respect, so I wasn't careful, and I wasn't playing smart enough. If I thought his Metaknight was unbeatable, I probably would have beat him! This is just how I work. Accept that others are different from you.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
IRONICALLY, THE REASON I LOST TO PRAXIS META IS BECAUSE I THOUGHT I COULD BEAT IT. I didn't give his MK respect, so I wasn't careful, and I wasn't playing smart enough. If I thought his Metaknight was unbeatable, I probably would have beat him! This is just how I work. Accept that others are different from you.
This.

Dark, you need to understand that for me, and for Edrees as well, fearing MK helps us.

In my case, if I go into a match confident, I play aggressive, I chase, I take risks because I assume that, hey, I have the advantage. When I go in fearful, or worried I might lose, I make constant safe choices in every situation, and am much more likely to win.

Even against Olimar. Weruop here locally knows the Peach matchup super well. There was a period of time where he was beating me consistently in all friendlies, because I played sloppy knowing I had an advantage. The fact that he was beating the crap out of me made me view him as a thread, and when we played in tournament, I gave it my all and calculated every decision making constant safe choices, and won.

Frankly, I almost prefer playing against disadvantaged matchups xD It forces me to play perfect. (Except Olimar, I love fighting him :3 )

inb4Weruopfindsthispost

Metatitan

Smash Master
This.

Dark, you need to understand that for me, and for Edrees as well, fearing MK helps us.

In my case, if I go into a match confident, I play aggressive, I chase, I take risks because I assume that, hey, I have the advantage. When I go in fearful, or worried I might lose, I make constant safe choices in every situation, and am much more likely to win.

Even against Olimar. Weruop here locally knows the Peach matchup super well. There was a period of time where he was beating me consistently in all friendlies, because I played sloppy knowing I had an advantage. The fact that he was beating the crap out of me made me view him as a thread, and when we played in tournament, I gave it my all and calculated every decision making constant safe choices, and won.

Frankly, I almost prefer playing against disadvantaged matchups xD It forces me to play perfect. (Except Olimar, I love fighting him :3 )

inb4Weruopfindsthispost
I always go in expecting to lose so that I don't get nervous and choke.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I can't wait for the Peach 2010 Awards.
Only if I get a prize :) Anyway, 2010 awards are 3 months ahead :O

Freaking Yaaay. You've pulled me slightly back to my first love, the WiiChuck.

After trying it again, now with the correct controls (C as Jump, D-Pad as smashes), it's not as difficult, even though I'm still having mental blocks with having shield as my middle finger. I feel like I might be able to get over that, though. If I can, you know, there's nothing preventing the WiiChuck from working anymore. And I spent about a year with it, so I still feel more at home with it (even though I hate to admit it).
You use your middle finger for shield? I normally use my index finger for both shield and jump.

Xyless

Smash Master
I'm trying to make middle finger shield, because I want a finger covering each at any given time, just in case. Normally it's covered by the index, but I didn't have C as jump until just before giving up on the WiiChuck, as down Dpad was the jump button before I switched the DPad to smash only.

I'm getting it down though. Best thing will be that I won't need shake smash anymore (finally). Worst thing will be having to use both A+B to grab. Might make things difficult with CG'ing.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
the free pull done by foxtrot + turnip pull as animation ends + hitting forward.

so yeah, u slide 'n stuff. Bone found it months ago so it's Bone-Walking.

hiROI

Smash Lord
I do this by counting xD
Also, I mastered this by first looking at my fingers, THEN Peach. I made sure my fingers are doing the right motion, and i would look where i would start, and after looking at my fingers, i look at the screen. Fail? TRY AGAIN~ Win? TRY AGAIN~
It worked for me :D

Top Bottom