• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Okay guys so I need to ask something.

The get-up-from-the-ledge-instantly-by-jumping-and-floating-trick.

I've always done it by grabbing the ledge, pressing and holding jump and down, then releasing jump once I'm on the stage. Then I release down and perform whatever action I want.

There's always a human element of delay in this, or I mess up my inputs because I'm trying to do it too fast. I see Kie using this to a lot greater effect- I never actually attempted to implement it in real games. Is there a trick to inputting this in a more practical way to go straight to an attack while still invulnerable?

Zanx8

Smash Journeyman
I got fast fingers too, but that doesn't help that I'm predictable with landing. <_<

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Thats the way I do it.

Using it to it's full effect is knowing the timing to use it from the ledge so u get to keep someone of the invincibility frames. If u do it to late when u grab the ledge then ur opponent can hit u. U get a few invincibility frames when u do this trick from the ledge as fast as u can without messing up.

Sometimes I do this and then nair right after.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Thats the way I do it.

Using it to it's full effect is knowing the timing to use it from the ledge so u get to keep someone of the invincibility frames. If u do it to late when u grab the ledge then ur opponent can hit u. U get a few invincibility frames when u do this trick from the ledge as fast as u can without messing up.

Sometimes I do this and then nair right after.
Okay, so you're saying no buffering? Buffer the float and then release the down and manually nair once you see you have floated? And Kie just has amazing timing/dexterity?

See 0:15.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDAcZkzTawA

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
I think this AT is called L.I.F.T

Actually IDK bout buffering. I never realize whether I buffer it or not. I just know u can't do the AT right when u get to the ledge, u have to wait a bit and then u can do it. Kie was doing it the way I try to do it.

Nairing from the AT is an option u have. U can do that, or u can shield or land and buffer a spot dodge(if u think ur opponent is going to grab u).

The timing for it is kind of strict. U have to wait like a split second when u grab the ledge then hold jump and down and release and follow up. U have to do it right when u get on the ledge u can't just sit there and do it cause u loose ur invincibility. Well u could if ur opponent is away as like a fast way to get up the ledge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4p02ktYEZQ

If u look in this vid this guy is doing it 2 different ways. One with invincibility and without. Sometimes when he does it peach has that invincibility glow and other times she dosen't.

U can see what I mean if u get one person to hold a jab (like snake) in front of the edge of the stage as u do the technique. If u do it and successfully (Shield grab, nair, or bair) snake then u did it with invincibility, if u get hit then u didn't do LIFT fast enough.

EDIT: I just realized I didn't really answer ur ? Um yea I think holding jump then down on joystiq is the best/only? way to do it. As I said in all this crap u have to be quick. Practice with the snake jab idea I said.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Thanks, but I already know how to do LIFT...I was just wondering if there's a better way to do it because I can't do it as fast as Kie does without screwing up the input.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
My GC controller is just to ancient that the buttons don't work at times and the control stick and C-Stick have been through so much they almost tilt all over the place. I have to learn how to function with the Class controller for now. So re-learning all the ATs with a different remote will require work but once I get use to the inputs and feels of a different remote I'll be fine. Well during this 3+ month boat cruise, I'm sure they are some sailors that know how to play or will try and get better so I'm not too rusty. Of course I'm sure I'll be playing more full free for all than 1 on 1 matches. XD It is sad how fast those 3 weeks gone by upon getting back to Japan.

Oh man we're hitting some awesome ports this time for winter cruise so that is the only thing that keeps me in good spirit.

Nordal

Smash Lord
Okay guys so I need to ask something.

The get-up-from-the-ledge-instantly-by-jumping-and-floating-trick.

I've always done it by grabbing the ledge, pressing and holding jump and down, then releasing jump once I'm on the stage. Then I release down and perform whatever action I want.

There's always a human element of delay in this, or I mess up my inputs because I'm trying to do it too fast. I see Kie using this to a lot greater effect- I never actually attempted to implement it in real games. Is there a trick to inputting this in a more practical way to go straight to an attack while still invulnerable?
OMQ shut up Praxis this thread is for people who still play brawl. Kbai

Also I'm pretty sure Kie just has godly timing.

D

Deleted member

Wow, Brawl tactical discussion in this thread. Thought I'd never see the day.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Maybe I should drag it back down to the standard everyone is used to.

****s, boys, sex, booze , drugs.

There we go. :D

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
this thread is ****ed up.

What would Peach say?

Also I wish they would have given her sounds from Sunshine. She says the weirdest **** in sunshine :/

Zanx8

Smash Journeyman
She wouldn't be saying anything, she's too busy sucking ****s.
Also this thread is ****ed up. That's the Peach social for you.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Vaginas are probably one of the biggest love-hate relationships I have in life. On one hand...they attract my attention, I love the smell/taste (of a freshly clean one, mind you), I love the way it feels, and a nicely shaved or trimmed up one does wonders for me.

Then on the other hand...when I'm completely drained of drive (and "white fuel") they aren't nearly as attractive anymore, any little mishap (bad smell, bad taste, etc.) can temporarily traumatize me from doing mouthwork/being as interested in talking to the girl/etc. until they either find a solution to those issues or I meet a new (hotter) prospect, and yeah...periods...always a bane.

Then again, I might sheathe my Falchion for a while. There's another one of these girls in my life now gentlemen, one of those who legit make me smile...I want to see where this goes.

P.S. Fat chicks suck, black guys have horrible taste.

P.S.S. Shapely curvy chicks (NOT those fatass feminists trying to change the definition of "curvy" to fit their appearance) are the best. Ever.

P.S.S.S. Most hilarious bang I've had was with my sister's best friend at the time. Super awkward for them since my sis knew and her friend had to own it, ****ing awesome for me because I got to laugh my *** off and her friend was the best looking (and tasting, for that matter) I've had up until this point.

P.S.S.S.S. If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm extremely open about where I put my **** and when, unless that someone really means something to me.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Buttholes are probably one of the biggest love-hate relationships I have in life. On one hand...they attract my attention, I love the smell/taste (of a freshly clean one, mind you), I love the way it feels, and a nicely shaved or trimmed up one does wonders for me.

Then on the other hand...when I'm completely drained of drive (and "semen") they aren't nearly as attractive anymore, any little mishap (bad smell, bad taste, etc.) can temporarily traumatize me from doing mouthwork/being as interested in talking to the boy/etc. until they either find a solution to those issues or I meet a new (hotter) prospect, and yeah... diarrhea...always a bane.

I'm in a little summer romance right now. I don't think I can hold these things down for too long, but at least this little bit before leaving back to school was kinda magical.

P.S. Fat guys suck. Never doin that again lololololol

P.S.S. Hunky average sized guys (bears who've embraced their size are HOT too) are the best ever.

P.S.S.S. Craziest off-the-cuff experience was this random guy coming up to me at a pride event. Sitting alone, he asks to take a seat and we hit it off! Cute, smart, grad student - invites me to his place later. We fool around, ignore a movie, scramble off each other when his mom shows up. @___@

P.S.S.S.S.

Top Bottom