• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters

Andydark

Smash Journeyman
Bourbonnais IL||I consider myself competent. AIM:
My team in Pokemon HG is my manly Shuckle led army! I typically go for an abnormal team set up...

Shuckle
Dunsparce
Magmar
Bayleef
Doduo
Yanma

Also, just played my first game with a gay kiss in it. Fragile. It's an interestingly atmospheric game. Though the gameplay itself is clunky and unintuitive at times.

Nicole

Smash Champion
My team is (thus far):
Quagsire
Typhlosion
Weepinbell
Murkrow
Raticate
..and whatever I need to be my HM slave, so probably the red Gyarados.

I agree with Xeylode, 6 pokemon spreads the experience out too much and no one levels up fast enough. I'll probably drop my Raticate once it stops being useful (which should be sometime kinda soon...Raticate is such a terrible pokemon). My guys (they're all boys...I don't know how this happened) are at lv 34 or so, I'm just about to fight Team Rocket in Mahogany town.

Are me and Andy the only ones NOT using a Mareep/Flaffy/Ampharos?

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
every one of my pkm teams always has a pidgeot cuz he's so amazing.
agreed. i just got soul silver though xD and im playing it the i love cute pokemon way but so far I have pidgeot and bayleef...i have others but i mean....i have to actually level them up and stuff and be proud of them <3 pokemons though gonna catch em all ;)

Nicole

Smash Champion
I was roaming through the Oli boards and they have this SPECTACULAR thread called 'The Impact Site'. We should make one, since it is well, IMO, extremely useful for the community.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=269590
Yes! I just looked at it today too, it's awesome. The only bad thing is that it takes quite a bit of effort from whoever's doing the write-up to make sure it's as thorough as can be. But I think we could get over that.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
i actually have some stuff written up just for myself to remember from recent tourney sets but then i got lazy after tourneys and stopped doing it. XD

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
i feel so behind in playing SS cause i only got my first badge yesterday D:
You're not the only one, my SS just came in :D. Wanted HG but amazon had SS for a buck less, I'm happy anyways though because nasty plot ninetails looks.... NASTY LOL.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
My SoulSilver team consists solely of my Dunsparce.

He's broken and amazing and adorable. <3

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
i feel so behind in playing SS cause i only got my first badge yesterday D:
xD dont worry i got my first badge yesterday morning as well xD i love my bayleef tho :3 and i got geodude for the first to gyms since its flying and bug....soooo yeah xD didnt need geodude tho since my bayleef was at such a high lvl xD

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
I use too when I was like 10-12 years old. Not anymore. the last one I played was red version. I got bored of pokemanz. I like true rpg games. Not this.
-gasp- i feels the hate!!!!!!! thhhheeeeeennnnn play FFIV orrrrrrr..............fire emblem ? :D i has those but yeah......................POKEMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!! :3 its sexy xD you know you like them pokemons and their awesome moves :D

I use too when I was like 10-12 years old. Not anymore. the last one I played was red version. I got bored of pokemanz. I like true rpg games. Not this.
I play pkmn for the strategy aspect of it. If you ever try to look at pokemon competitively, there are almost limitless combinations and a counter to every situation. However, that somewhat stales the game when you have to do stuff like spent hours at a time to get the right moves, EVs, nature, etc.

I would use shoddy, but it is much more satisfying to know I did spent a lot of time to get something that turned out good instead of randomly using shoddy. I swear, Shoddy haxs more than the game itself.

It's difficult to find the right kind of RPG for me these days. The last good one I played was probably Star Ocean Second Evolution. <3 Metroid Prime is not quite cutting it with me right now. More time spent roaming around than hearing about the story.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
omg omg omg you play on shoddy?!?!?! i dooooooooooooo you must tell me what your name is :3 ill show you my awesome amazing team :3

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
I guess some people get lucky in life Loli. I wish I could recieve a ton of free stuff too. :/

Pokemon is really just a good time killer. Bring that GBC and Blue version on an hour train ride or if you're getting a ride to an oos tournament and you're at your destination in no time.

I personally think competitive Pokemon is dumb, because Pokemon is all about luck. Moves have certain percentages of hitting, certain moves have a certain chance of extra effects, etc. I HATE luck in competitive anything, because I believe it should all come down to skill whether it is physical domination or mental domination of your opponent. Not some dumb random chance factor nobody has control over.

omg omg omg you play on shoddy?!?!?! i dooooooooooooo you must tell me what your name is :3 ill show you my awesome amazing team :3
The other reason I do not use shoddy is because shoddy is shot on my snotty computer :mad: For some reason, it will not load the servers. I can generate teams, but I cannot get to play on the servers.

I guess some people get lucky in life Loli. I wish I could recieve a ton of free stuff too. :/

Pokemon is really just a good time killer. Bring that GBC and Blue version on an hour train ride or if you're getting a ride to an oos tournament and you're at your destination in no time.

I personally think competitive Pokemon is dumb, because Pokemon is all about luck. Moves have certain percentages of hitting, certain moves have a certain chance of extra effects, etc. I HATE luck in competitive anything, because I believe it should all come down to skill whether it is physical domination or mental domination of your opponent. Not some dumb random chance factor nobody has control over.
Umm... There is hardly any stuff on there that is luck a lot of the time. Most of the moves only carry a 10% chance of doing something. And a 5% chance of critical hits most of the time. And a lot of moves if you choose them right will do 100% accuracy with good power. It's more of prediction than anything.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
but....my competitive anything deals with my awesome skill called luck

@xeylode: oh =[ that sucks =[ oh wells i guess if it ever does work though let me know ^_^

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I play pkmn for the strategy aspect of it. If you ever try to look at pokemon competitively, there are almost limitless combinations and a counter to every situation. However, that somewhat stales the game when you have to do stuff like spent hours at a time to get the right moves, EVs, nature, etc.

I would use shoddy, but it is much more satisfying to know I did spent a lot of time to get something that turned out good instead of randomly using shoddy. I swear, Shoddy haxs more than the game itself.

It's difficult to find the right kind of RPG for me these days. The last good one I played was probably Star Ocean Second Evolution. <3 Metroid Prime is not quite cutting it with me right now. More time spent roaming around than hearing about the story.
You need to start play the "Tales" games. Those RPG own so hard.

You need to start play the "Tales" games. Those RPG own so hard.
I have and I love them. But, I am trying to look for something new right now. I mean, I played Tales of Symphonia so many times and transferred over the data, that now one of my devil arms does 10,000+ damage per swing. Talk about beating Mithos in under 10 seconds.

Then, I played tales of the abyss, phantasia (never beat the final boss ever xD even after 5 playthroughs). After that there was the ToS2, but I never finished it for some reason. I always forget to start on it again. Evil Emil for the win.

I want to play Tales of Vesperia, but I got no 360.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
One of my favorite games is No More Heroes. That's a pretty good RPG, althought it's a bit more action than RPG.

I haven't tried NMH2, so no spoilers! XD

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
that's cuz you're still a kid ;P people born far before pokemon existed will think of dragon quest or final fantasy when hearing the term RPG. final fantasy is more successful. there's been 43 final fantasy titles released in the united states - counting remakes and re releases - and they've sold succesfully on at least 10 different systems spanning 20 years. suck that pokemon ;)

Kidding aside, I could never get into Pokemon but I can see why people like it. I just play my RPGs for different reasons. I like having a good strategy battle system like the one in Pokemon, but I also want great storyline and characters...which it doesn't have.

I hate to admit it, but I whole heartedly agree with dark peach

btw Xeylode, star ocean 2 is sooooo awesome

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
that's cuz you're still a kid ;P people born far before pokemon existed will think of dragon quest or final fantasy when hearing the term RPG. final fantasy is more successful. there's been 43 final fantasy titles released in the united states - counting remakes and re releases - and they've sold succesfully on at least 10 different systems spanning 20 years. suck that pokemon ;)

Kidding aside, I could never get into Pokemon but I can see why people like it. I just play my RPGs for different reasons. I like having a good strategy battle system like the one in Pokemon, but I also want great storyline and characters...which it doesn't have.

I hate to admit it, but I whole heartedly agree with dark peach

btw Xeylode, star ocean 2 is sooooo awesome
when i think of RPG i think of FF as well as Dragon quest and fire emblem but i think of pokemon too xD Its true the game doesnt really have a great story line or characters but...i play it cuz i like cute pokemon...if I played it for what you want in a game i would get bored and just stop :3 so i guess id agree with dark pch....but...i dont wanna cuz...cute things :3

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
when i think of RPG i think of FF as well as Dragon quest and fire emblem but i think of pokemon too xD Its true the game doesnt really have a great story line or characters but...i play it cuz i like cute pokemon...if I played it for what you want in a game i would get bored and just stop :3 so i guess id agree with dark pch....but...i dont wanna cuz...cute things :3
It's comfirmed. You are gay. Am I right? Ether that or you are a female.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Lol Edrees you old fart :p

Pokemon was the first video game I ever had (I think I was 5?). The storylines aren't too great but they don't have as much to work with as final fantasy does. They're limited to specific characters with specific plotlines (there can't be any deaths since the audience intended is children) with anything too mature.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Pokemon is a down graded RPG. Japan Ran out of money to make a kick *** RPG game so they had to think of something simple ignoring the epic stuff that makes an RPG great.

And Yea, I missed it. I just noticed her sig too. I knew something was wierd in her typing. Least I know I still got it by just seeing how people type.

Top Bottom