• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Today makes my 6 year anniversary in the smash community. Man it's been this long already. I need to celebrate somehow.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Do you not realize alot of people have no life? People will **** for hours and hours at end learning these death combos. it's to a point where they are more common. I use to love UMVC3 But after all the crap I seen from top level play and these 1 touch kills, The hype for that game is dead to me and totally lost interest in the game. That game is seriously unbalanced. Lots of fighting games are broken as well, like sfxt. but if you get comboed, it does not equal your life. and the more hits in the combo, the weaker it gets to a point your health bar does not even look like it is going down. So combos are to be more stratigic and thought out. You at least get a few tries after you screw up and get comboed in sfxT. UMVC3 does not give you that.

That damage scalling in UMVC3 hardly makes a difference with some of the stuff you can do in there. That game is only good for casual play with your friends.

MVC2>UMVC3

RoanYagyu

Smash Journeyman
Yeah but the death combos are difficult to do mostly.

Also you still have 2 more characters left even if 1 dies. :p
Depending on the char, death combos arent that hard to do. And the 2 other chars have the potential to be completely irrelevant after the first one dies because of how absurd it is to try to block incoming mixups (especially against chars like strider with ourborus, dark phoenix, Zero with any lockdown assist typically dante jam session tho, viper unblockable etc.) The games pretty fun, but taking it competitively can be rather frustrating when you can lose the entire match/set do to some random hit :X (tho its pretty funny when you get that random hit at the start of the round and win cause of it)

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Eh, I mean umvc3 has its problems but it's not a bad game. It's just got a lot of stupid ****, haha idk I love it since all the characters I love in it are god like. :p

:phone:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I like UMvC3 simply because I can be good with half of the cast and they're fun to use, which is probably why I like Brawl a lot more than Melee.
OMFGULIKEBRAWLOVERMELEEDIE

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
I love Viola. I mained her at release when she was considered poop. I love the fact that my girl is now good~

MK has Sonya <3. They kinda made her a bit ugly in 9 but, she is still pretty attractive.

Jade and Skarlet also are <3

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Although Netherrealm did a good job of improving the overall game, MK still feels too stiff to me.

UMvC3 has a lot of death touch combos, sure, but it's still a highly entertaining game. <3 MarlinPie.

The Soul series has always been high on my list of preferred fighters, and V is no exception. It is fantastic, fun to play, has a robust character creator, smooth-as-hell online play, just...amazing all around.

Skullgirls was entertaining for about a week. The roster is just too. damn. small. to maintain my interest. It's balanced and all that, but who cares? The game will live the typical lifespan of an anime fighter in America, if that.

MvC2 is dead.

Street Fighter is campier than Brawl.

Brawl is alright, not terrible, not brilliant; still doesn't deserve the sudden backlash that the quitters are giving it. You all know who you are.

Melee is fun, but ancient. I support the Project M endeavor, it is fun stuff.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Same here. It's gotten to the point where the games I play/buy have to be managed like everything else in life. xD

Top Bottom