• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Octave

Smash Ace
Unless you're one of those people that can really comprehend and apply things they read to their games directly (and that's very rare) then the only way to really start playing this game is to play as many human opponents as possible (online if you have to, but offline is way better unless you live in Japan or something) and learn how to apply advantages and negate disadvantages.

That's kind of a confusing sentence. In short, play people. A lot.
I guess I'll have to do online since there is nobody around here who plays. My friend tries playing but his pad is a piece of **** (*** didn't take care of it).

Do most people play this on pad or stick? I'm thinking I want to start using a stick personally.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
I guess I'll have to do online since there is nobody around here who plays. My friend tries playing but his pad is a piece of **** (*** didn't take care of it).

Do most people play this on pad or stick? I'm thinking I want to start using a stick personally.
It depends I dont see how any1 can play tager on a stick rather than a pad. I seem it rather difficult. Or i just suck at 360 Grab with him on stick..

Octave

Smash Ace
I can't see how anyone can play Tager at all, but then I'm just a scrub at fighting games in general anyway.

Who wants to play the scrub? x: PSN: Octavize

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I'll play you in a bit Octave if you're still on.

I play pad; I've tried playing with stick but I really don't enjoy it for BB.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I tried using a pad, but I find it awkward using only one finger for four buttons. I tried WASD for movement and JKL; for attacking, but it felt more natural to use the arrow keys and ASDF for attacks. Which is sort of weird, I guess, since most sticks have buttons on the right...

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'd be on, but I have to get some stuff done for exams and all that. I'm pretty sure after Thursday I'll be on a lot more for the next couple of weeks.

Octave

Smash Ace
I'll play you in a bit Octave if you're still on.

I play pad; I've tried playing with stick but I really don't enjoy it for BB.
I'm still on, just sitting in challenge mode doing nothing. I cant have both my comp and my PS3 hooked up to the internet at the same time (two ethernet ports, my roommate is using the other).

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
found a vid of tager vs bang and bang FINALLY got what was coming to him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lsb7W_2jsH0#t=11m55s

man that's sexy. now if i can find one with litchi
Oh no this tremendously buffed character against a tremendously nerfed character day 3 of a new game, wtf did you think was gonna happen.

lol play me in real life after CS2 and see who gets what.

That Bang didn't really look like he knew what he was doing Just sayin.

It's nice to know that Bang's BnB damage got nerfed though.
While most def nerfed, should the Japanese BBS numbers be true, Bang gets over 2.5k midscreen (not horrible for this game) probably a bit less than 4k with a super ending, and can get 5-6kish in the corner with meter, about 3.5k I wanna say without. It's not bad, it's just the vids we've seen are little indication of what Bang can do already in the game.

I'm sure in a week or 2 we'll see Bang's perform better in vids.

My least favorite nerf is barrier pushback hurts Bang more. Ug that **** was annoying in CT, it's not like this character has a ton of range....

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
<3 Platinum Reading that link and watching videos makes me want to play her so much. Please, please, let this be a character I can truly get behind.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
While most def nerfed, should the Japanese BBS numbers be true, Bang gets over 2.5k midscreen (not horrible for this game) probably a bit less than 4k with a super ending, and can get 5-6kish in the corner with meter, about 3.5k I wanna say without. It's not bad, it's just the vids we've seen are little indication of what Bang can do already in the game.
I'm not saying that Bang is bad. He's definitely still threatening. I'm just glad that now his damage is reasonably good instead of meterless midscreen 5A 4.3K.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
i just bought the game a month ago and really like bang, is it worth it to get good with him now after the nerfing thats gonna come later?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
If you actually enjoy playing the character, yes.

If you just wanna tier *****, no.

And knowing you, it's definitely the former. ;)

Gates

Banned via Warnings
BlazBlue has 18 characters.

Brawl has 40.

The tier differences are going to be much larger.

Didn't I write an essay on this somewhere?

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
Any info if this will be a standalone game or a DLC update? by this i mean bbcs2 cheaaa

Right now it's looking like a standalone game considering the new intro and all

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Nope. That's the arcade intro. Maybe it'll be possible to view on console but who knows.

The balance + Platinum release patch for BBCSII is due for Spring 2011 as DLC.

See dustloop.com's forums for more info.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Any changes to Haku-men?
I've heard quite a bit, but they haven't translated any of his changes yet.

Blazblue is the only game I feel I can play the characters I like and stand a reasonable chance at winning.

Unlike Brawl where everyone until C tier is stupid and boring to play as. =\
Well, yeah.

Also, didn't you play Noel/Nu in CT? :I

SuSa

Banned via Administration
It was a coincidence that Nu happened to **** in CT. :C But yes. I played Noel/Nu and I also played Ragna a bit when my cousin was picking him up. (My cousin plays Nu/Ragna...his nickname for that is "The Lovers" haha)

So long as my character isn't Ganon Tier bad. I'll play them. Except in Brawl where everyone below a certain point in Mid Tier may as well be in Ganon Tier.

X the Derp

Smash Apprentice
It was a coincidence that Nu happened to **** in CT. :C
It was a coincidence that Haku-men was terrible in CT. :C

So far from what I see, Hotaru fatal does not combo (unless cancel into Tsubaki?) because they get knocked to the other side of the screen, slightly weaker due to general damage nerf to everyone, but no more combos off of throws and j.D. will hurt a lot, and his meter builds up slightly slower, but it is still faster than CT.

4C and 5A are air unblockable, and 4C is now magatama move cancelable (i.e. 4C--> Enma Hades works), 6C property has changed (makes them slide on the ground), and combos off of every counter again will be nice.

New counter assault too (if Haku mains ever use one): from 6D in CSI to 6A in CSII.

That's about all I have seen from those videos that have Haku-men.

Top Bottom