• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Gates

Banned via Warnings
In Japan, Tager is bad because almost everyone in the game can do 5K combos on him that either end in a super or get you 40+ heat.

In America, Tager is good because even though you can still do those combos, nobody finishes them because Americans can't finish combos.

X the Derp

Smash Apprentice
Well, even with those nerfs, H-man looked like he was doing regular damge (4C only does like 800 and nerfs the **** out of combos on CH). And 2D is the new j.D. 2D --> 5C --> BnB.

Only complaints would be can't combo off of throw and CAN'T COMBO OFF FATAL HOTARU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I think they were referring to how the original arcade version of Continuum Shift didn't have a specific Astral Finish song. It wasn't until the home console release that the first opening theme was used for them.

Wondering if it's different in Continuum Shift II or if they don't have one like the previous arcade version.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
You know, this makes me think of something that I actually haven't thought about before since I don't use Bang. Does the Bang Install theme play when Bang uses his Astral? I know it's for the Distortion, but by gawd it'd be awesome.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Even the best DOA4 player in the world admits that DOA4 is a terrible, terrible game.
He should be **** on because DOA4 is great D=. I want a sequel ;_;

Anyway, since this is the Blazblue thread... Is Rachel any good now or is she still ****? Not gonna get this if she sucks cause she's the most fun by far Dx

:052:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I am really liking the changes made with Ragna so far; and we've yet to fully discover what works and what doesn't.

His fighting style looks so fun. Loving the use of Dead Spike.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
stunedge on dustloop said:
in my point, i think it's more fun to play compared to CS1.
Most characters requires more skills to play and there is not character easy like CS1 Bang and Ragna, needs more thinking.
Entire combo damage nerf in the mid-screen requires players to think more about how to handle the general situation.

In addition, though I put some characters in C tier, but I feel nobody is really bad in CS2. Everybody has chance and possibility,
so not surprised to see Mu or Platinum go up a lot.
Just making sure people here see this.

P.S. I love that even though Arakune is looking like he is easily the strongest, the game is still looking really balanced. Also I am pretty happy that Makoto is looking to be one of the better characters so far.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Also, I just realized why they are not releasing CS2 on consoles yet. It is not just to give more time for it to be a arcade exclusive, but also because ASW is also doing the console port of Arcana Heart 3 and they don't want either game to overshadow the other.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
Also, I just realized why they are not releasing CS2 on consoles yet. It is not just to give more time for it to be a arcade exclusive, but also because ASW is also doing the console port of Arcana Heart 3 and they don't want either game to overshadow the other.

Arcana Heart 3 looks sooooo ****, and yea about the CS2 console delay.

I just hope they dont release CS2 as a standalone game cause thats wut it looks like right now.

X the Derp

Smash Apprentice
That Makoto looks darn fine, Tsubaki actually does damage, and Lambda looks like she will be very annoying with how fast her blades are.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Oh god, Tsubaki.
I don't think I care how badly Tao ends up now, a Tsubaki that doesn't look like complete crap makes happy.

I do sub Tsubaki by the way, my gamertag only has Tao.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Lambda's still the funnest to watch in my opinion.
Hopefully she's still as fun to play. Or more fun ideally.

I was planning out what games I was going to buy next year from January to May and I wanted to know when Arcana Heart 3 was coming out so that I could plan around getting it.

Then I found out that it's still not slated for an American release.

:(

I just hope they dont release CS2 as a standalone game cause thats wut it looks like right now.
That actually sounds more like something Capcom would do for SSFIV:AE.

I think ArcSys is going to release it as DLC. They'll only make another disc-based BlazBlue for continuation of the story.

However, I absolutely loathe the new announcer. :mad:
The CS1 announcer wasn't much better.

Arc, please, just re-use the CT announcer voice for all future games.

Has anyone else noticed that on 40 ppp, we're on the 100th page?
I just saw that actually.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, I hate to be yet another Noel main on SWF, but if she ends up being better than Bang in CS2 I might pick her up.

Thino

Smash Master
sticking with Lambda even though , as weird as it may sound for a Lambda main , Im bad with zoning , and seems like CS2 Lamby needs more of that

may Tsubaki more too , because its nice have a character I play getting buffed

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I only saw one Rachel match, but I'm liking how Rachel is turning out. I still don't like that 5CC change.
I relied on that for my oki pressure.

Anyway, BBCS2 is looking better than I thought it would.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
As long as I get to keep my Jin announcer, IDGAF what it is, it'll just annoy me on youtube vids.

sai_:)

Smash Ace
Has anyone seen any CS2 vids of tao yet? ive been searching and searching but still no luck :/

Octave

Smash Ace
Do you guys have any suggestions on how to really start playing this game? I feel like trying to learn bnbs just isn't helping me.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Do you guys have any suggestions on how to really start playing this game? I feel like trying to learn bnbs just isn't helping me.
Unless you're one of those people that can really comprehend and apply things they read to their games directly (and that's very rare) then the only way to really start playing this game is to play as many human opponents as possible (online if you have to, but offline is way better unless you live in Japan or something) and learn how to apply advantages and negate disadvantages.

That's kind of a confusing sentence. In short, play people. A lot.

Im upset with the CSII Ragna atm.
I actually agree with this. I don't play Ragna and I hate playing against Ragna, and there's still a possibility that he'll be super good down the road as they find new stuff. But anyway, and in short, if an opponent isn't scary to fight against then it isn't really fun to play against that character (at least for me).

Jin is looking scary to me right now.

Top Bottom