• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
id come WTP but my parents are hesitant still about me going OoS D: but im low on cash anyway X(

Boxxy

Smash Lord
i MIGHT be able to get a ride if there is room

I dont get out of school until 3:20, then have to take a 30 min car ride home to get my stuff and then take a 50-60 min car ride to AA >_>

fZk

Smash Lord
I'm 90% sure I'm going, but as others said I have class on Friday morning, so a smashfest Thursday is out of the question for me unless I can be back home that same day.

Sliq

Smash Master
So, who is going to the MWCE in Ohio and have extra car room? I'm in Stevensville and would fancy a ride something mighty.

Boxxy

Smash Lord
parents dont think i'm mature enough and think you guys would kill me when driving

Boxxy

Smash Lord
anyone who lives around waterford/clarkston want to come over to my house on saturday if my parents say yes?

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
ok i know we have a minute before this tourney starts but who is going to pound 4. I want to go and I would like to ride with someone there.

and i kind of want to MM Boss in mario dittos ^_^

Arc_Revived

Smash Journeyman
We'd get back long before 12 noon. 6 AM at the latest.

And I'd like to know exactly how many people can fit in this van. We have 7 for sure right now, which is your basic minivan, and then 3 potentially going people. The bed comment makes this van seem large enough to fit even those 3.

Also, regardless of car situation, I vote we (Or as many as can go) gather at someones place for a Smashfest on Thursday which carries over into Friday and then we leave. For one, it's a smashfest, and two it puts people in the same place cutting down on time before we have to head to Ohio.

Edit - And two reminders to people going to Pound 4. You have to pre-reg by Nov. 1, and I'm flying so no car from me.
I can take the Van. there is a passengers, two large comfy seats in the middle and a bed that folds up into a back seat area that could easily fit 2-3. So that's what I can fit. WTP. let me know about the Smashfest, etc. I can be reached at arcrevived on AIM almost 24/7 as well as my cell number (989)560-1990 let me know kk?

Sliq

Smash Master
Ok, so is anyone near Stevensville or going through Stevensville to go to the MWCE? If not I'll have to drive, and if so, would anyone want a ride?

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Hm... with my current schedule I could possibly make a Smashfest on Friday... Anybody got any plans?

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Hey guys, Me and OS or Kel were talking and he said this
AllyOrNotAlly (02:49:26): not rlly
AllyOrNotAlly (02:49:29): almost every pro
AllyOrNotAlly (02:49:33): cept from Texas
AllyOrNotAlly (02:49:35): and Midwest.
papayas own (02:49:43): midwest has pros?
AllyOrNotAlly (02:49:53): LOL so why would I come then?
papayas own (02:49:59): who is a MW pro?
papayas own (02:50:04): easy money

Apparently MW has no pros? I dont get it light me up on this one

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Michigan doesn't count as MW. Didn't you see OS's post about his "Midwest" Circuit? It's Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky. And Mew2King hasn't expressed interest in going to any of those events, either.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Calling someone a "professional gamer" or a "pro" is controversial. People like Kel and OS like playing with semantics a lot, so they are probably trying to point out that there are no "professional" gamers that can make a living off of Smash that are in the MW.

Otherwise, they're just being pricks. M2K, MI top 3, Shugo, Hunger, and possibly AZ are all top level players from the MW.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Oh, lol, forgot that AZ's in the Midwest again.
Yeah no idea what Kel was talking about then.

(I can see them making arguments regarding Shugo, and Hunger is not part of the "Midwest")

M2K's going to the circuit event? First I heard of this :o

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
hmm id say michigan top 4, if were talking just midwest, top 2 for mi at a national level. hunger and shugo are not national level players.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I have no confidence in myself or my ability as of late. I've been taking a hiatus from the competitive scene for the most part due to medical school, so until I can work out a schedule for keeping up with classes and stuff, I don't think I can dedicate the time to improve (or even stay at the same level) for a little while. Trying to balance med school with a social life that revolves around gaming is ridiculously difficult and frustrating. Hell, Gideon (the guy who MADE smashboards) sold the site to MLG because he was going to med school. He made the smart move and severed all connections. Thats what I should do, but I'm trying not to (although from what I hear, 2nd year is going to be 10x worse than 1st year, so I may really have to quit for awhile next year).

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
That's too bad Panda, good luck with your school. =(

also in regards to the trip to Ohio this weekend for a tourney. Though I initially planned to try going, I don't think I will because of Midterms next week. Good luck to everyone that goes though. Represent Michigan. n_n

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
As much as I hate reading that, Panda, I can support you for having to do what you need to for your education. I really hope that it doesn't come down to that, but as long as we all get to see you whenever you have the time, it's fine with me. And don't be so down on yourself. You are great and you'll succeed in whatever you want to do. ^_^

In other news, I have the day off as well as later on on Saturday(part of the reason I'm not going with the others to Ohio). If something is going on, lemme know through here, AIM, or on my phone(CALLING, no texts!). Hope to see you guys later on today.

And Kel and OS shouldn't be so mean with their remarks. I know the top of MI here could definitely do well enough to be 'pro' in the rest of the nation, too. Maybe not people like me, but eh. Maybe someday.

Suyon

Smash Lord
Lol at this. I think I read somewhere saying that Smash is OS "Job" No part time or nothing just smash. L you disappoint me gravely. Always need to make excuses. This is the 3rd failure attempt now. I'm hoping to go to AA soon and get ***** there than Cincy <_<

Xyless

Smash Master
I have no confidence in myself or my ability as of late. I've been taking a hiatus from the competitive scene for the most part due to medical school, so until I can work out a schedule for keeping up with classes and stuff, I don't think I can dedicate the time to improve (or even stay at the same level) for a little while. Trying to balance med school with a social life that revolves around gaming is ridiculously difficult and frustrating. Hell, Gideon (the guy who MADE smashboards) sold the site to MLG because he was going to med school. He made the smart move and severed all connections. Thats what I should do, but I'm trying not to (although from what I hear, 2nd year is going to be 10x worse than 1st year, so I may really have to quit for awhile next year).
From what I've heard from my dad and my best friend's parents, 2nd year is the worst year of your life...in any medical school.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
from what i hear from anyone, finishing med school and getting a job gets you lotsa $$$$$$

also, ive always wondered, did gideon actually play smash(melee)? like on a high level?

Top Bottom