• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

jv3x3

Smash Champion
Man Michiagn has been around a long time, came a long way (I mean dang we have the largest topic on the boards). We even have quite a hit list of major names. Yours truly jv3x3 has beaten characters such as Azen (fc1), Isai (fc3), IK_GOST (fc3), and Captain Jack (money match after mlg seattle). Dope who has taken out some of the best like chillindude (fc3), Eddie (fc1), Vidjo (tnot), has won the last 3 tourneys hes been to, and placed very well at fc3 (9th) and says funny lines like when people ask him what he wants at Wendys he will say " ill have a medium". Needle of Junath who took 3rd at the low tier tourney at FC and took out isai (who was probably the favorite at the time) in it, as well as placing 5th in MLG Chicago.
So yeah in comes this topic. We can talk about whatever concerning smash in good ol MI. We have a regular group of smashers that come to smashfest every week pretty much. That said we could use some new smashers/characters. I think we could use a peach, jiggly, doc, saums, y.link, gannon, dk, pika, and luigi and to a lesser degree kirby. For info on the smashfest just check right below

Current Smashfests

For Southfield
At Novas apartment. Contact him for info

Midland, MI
ACRO's.....Wends & Sat....at 9pm on wen....and usually around 2pm on saturday if not posted otherwise. Contact acro for more information

Current MI Badasses

Southeast (SE) MI
3===D (Waterford, Gannon)
Lipton (Warren, Mario)
Dope (AHills, falco)
John (Ahills, gannon)
Needle of Junath (ahills, gw/sheik)
Nar (Ahills, Falcon)
Montross (Sterling heights, marth/fox)
Tehownage (Sterling heights, sheik)
Jv3x3 (SCS, ics/sheik)
Dave R (Grand blanc, Zelda/Luigi)
Supadef (Detroit, ics/luigi)
Topichu (Detroit, pichu/falco)
Naturo (Southfield?, ness)
Andrewpierce (Detroit, jiggly?)
D_B_S (detroit, fox/ylink/mario)
Shardz (West Bloomfield, Peach)

Midland Area
Arco (Midland, fox/mewtwo)
ASMoney (Midland, Marth)
Shibby (Midland, Doc)
**** (midland, Falco/GW)
The Game (Midland) Mr.G&W/Ganon
Mikey (CMU, peach)

Retired MI Badasses

Dave C. (Luigi)
Qinipio (Ness)

Top Tier MI Moms

Arcos Mom (Breakfast, top tier partying allowed... too good)

Retired not so much badasses who still owe me money for winning their tourney

GreatEvilKing (gannon)

A.Hills.Finest

Smash Journeyman

Is phil the dude who was playin peach?

Also, I think james has Falco/Doc, but he better step it up cause I took him in falco dittos today 7 times in a row with 2 and 3 stocks left with low percents =/ Also I believe that joel is overshadowing james, in the better doc category.

If justin wants to get them IC's down I can help him, I'm good with them but I dont like them enuf to call them my chars, so he can have them.

Joe, I'll hit u and adam up tomarrow when I wake up, u *****es better be up too cause im hoping it'll be around like 12:00 or so, we are definitly in the smashing mood =P

smash name? -Tiers- The Ironically Excellent Radical/Ruthless Smashers , I'm sure adam can think if a better one, he did say a long and hillarious name is the way to go.

Maybe the top 3 or the top 4 can have a couple of understudies, like a couple people that they help out alot, and work with them on thier games, doesnt really matter if we do that or not, we could just have the good old fashioned all help all thing goin on.

edit* I don't think it really matters since we will be playing tomarrow, but I think that its closer to a tie between me joe and joel, we were all playing ****ty but still...he took out vidjo in the tourney.

jv3x3

Smash Champion
frickin a, i just right a reply and now it gone.... im trying to get to sleep here

james, yeah thats why i put those 2 last, as in most unimportant. but u are right, he needs to step it up some, but we all do 2 some degree. he is good with them for not having a cube, for sure though

understudies, good idea

smash, good im up for it

joel... dont think he has ever beat u or me in a tourney set (or set period that i know of). meanwhile u and me are exactley even not counting the MM (if we are im up 2 fo :) ). but ur right my matches with him are always real close, and the mofo was the only one 2 beat vidjo, so yeap up there.

names off the top of my head:

Top Dogz
Taking Stock
Bear Market
MDO (Modern day ownage)

Outta those, i think i like taking stock best, ill think of more though

P.S. Yeah phil is the peach...

DBGTSSJ4FoxMc

Smash Cadet
hmm a crew name eh...
7h3 l337 d4wg5?
Hm.. Hm??!

ya maybe not..

i like the MDO one thats nice :) MmmmM Ownage..

Anyways! ya ...

The Smexy Smashers ? :D

i dunno i gotta think more about it

vidjogamer

Smash Master
yeah, im liking sexual smashers.

well, ill give joel that, he beat me, but i could've taken him, if only i used peach, i would've won

but, as for taking characters on, well, i think its a good idea, except with it comes arguement, but oh well... good luck

Liptonbuddy

Smash Lord
****it! I hate the ICs! Such a rediculously different playing style....Fine, FINE! But I'll warn you, It's gonna take time, and lots of it. Well, I know of one sure fire way that'll make me sit down and play smash by myself (which I hate doing, but oh well) in training mode for hours on end....

It's Thursday, 9:30am, and I suppose I'd be down for a smash fest. I say "suppose" because Nar and Joel got me sick as ****, the jerks! hehehe If the smash fest does happen today at my house, just don't get scared when I go into a coughing frenzy that lasts like 15 seconds.

As for clan names....Top Dogz? Bear Market? What are you smoking Joe? I told you to lay off that crack!

I'm not sure about names, but whatever it becomes, we'll need a motto. How about: "We'll sleep with your wife, steal your fortune, and kick your *** in smash!" If you want to change wife to woman, since alot of smashers don't have wives yet, that's cool. Is that not the best insult ever, though? Come on, your woman likes us more, you have no money because we took it, and we're better at smash.

Y.Linkpwnsurmom

Smash Journeyman
Well today eh? Depends on what time my good man, you all could probally come to my usual friday nigth party tommorow, theres a new kid hosting with a gigantic basement. Unfortuantly for me, I have t3h school tommorow, and stuff till 7:30 befor that, so I could only really do that for like 8:00 till 10:00...

Council is a sexual idea, I'll just have to hall arses at the nest get tougher to be on it i guess.

Crew name? Sexual smasher sound totally sexual. Or "They came from the glove" I dont know why, but theres something cool about a state that can ***** slap.

As for other chars, well Ya'll know I gots da Roy n Y.Link...I'll head up Link too, I got some exp with him, and hey I already got too other mid tiers (you high tiers can go **** yourselfs, the mid tier is so much more sexual). Don't expect any miracles anytime soon(my boy Roy took me bout a year n a half), people that start new chars should probally train with eachother dont'cha think?

P.S. Joe, Nar, you dude are like my sensay's (sp? O_o) I learned so much sexual stuff from ya'll, oh, and a few SSBM things to.

vidjogamer

Smash Master
Originally posted by Liptonbuddy

I'm not sure about names, but whatever it becomes, we'll need a motto. How about: "We'll sleep with your wife, steal your fortune, and kick your *** in smash!" If you want to change wife to woman, since alot of smashers don't have wives yet, that's cool. Is that not the best insult ever, though? Come on, your woman likes us more, you have no money because we took it, and we're better at smash.
**** YEAH!!!!

and yeah, jv must've been on crack when he came up with those names. haha

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
[color=0080ff]Just thought I'd stick my head in here and see what's up. Holding down the motherland there, Joe? I see you got yourself a nice sized crew here, and **** if they ain't crazier than Jade and all them. Well, you have fun with all that, and if I'm ever up visiting the family, I'll let you know so we can maybe hook something up. Peace.[/color]

D

Deleted member

I think I could play as Marth and Fox... Those characters aren't taken by anyone are they? ;)

Seriously, I have been working on Samus like you said Joe. I used her in RR of the March 6th tourney and went 2-2 with losses to your Ganon and Bob's Young Link. I beat Dave C's Ganon and DBGTSSJ4FoxMc (I think)'s Fox. I agree that she is good, but I just need some practice against all you guys. After that though, I had to play Joel in the first round and then Justin in the loser's bracket. After losing to Joel, I was all messed up. My match with Justin was so bad. We were both playing like ****. He ended up winning. Heh, it's all a conspiracy I tell ya... 2-2 in RR and I get Joel (MI rank: 1,2, or 3) first round and then Justin (MI rank: 4) in the loser's bracket. :( :chuckle:

I feel like I could easily be higher on the list, but instead of listing reasons why, I'm just going to do better in the next tourney to prove myself.

jv3x3

Smash Champion
motross that what i like 2 hear get them back next time, as for marth and fox i think shadow glare has them.... dont know of anyone else that plays a decent marth or fox. So yeah stick with samus. You just gotta start making it out to more smashfests. I have all kinds of new samus tricks to show you.

Yeroc, whats up hommie... yeah MI smash is alive and well. If you are ever up here we will hold a big old smashfest for ya.

Vidjo, lol, get off the names. At least i didnt come up with anything like the gamer guild, zing

Lipton, 4:30/5... that cool for some smash. Ill tryn make it over them. Nar what happened to my call at 12, u are prolly still sleeping

vidjogamer

Smash Master
haha, ok *drops names*

well, the gamer guild wasnt self-given
it kinda just came upon us, and people started calling us that, so we go by it now

jv3x3

Smash Champion
justin im going out 2 nars g-pas place in like 10 minutes... if u want me to pick me up call the cell. ill pm u the #

p.s. motross, post up if u wanna come out... its in a.hills

tystatic21

Smash Rookie
Yo, I don't post too much here but I've noticed the Michigan scene as well. My friends and I hail from Bay City and we're "pretty" good. Anyways, a place opened up in the mall called Gamer's Lounge and the people running it said they would be more than happy to have smash tourneys. There are tons of T.V.s, a big screen with a projector, and very comfortable seating. Would anyone here travel (Up for most of you, around 2 hours) to a tourney here? I can get around ten people to play as it is, and there's crews or teams in Midland and Pinconning that would probably like to join as long as they knew in advance. Worth a shot.

Liptonbuddy

Smash Lord
If we drove to Ohio for 3 hours, I'm sure some of us could do 2 hours. Although, I don't have a car myself, so it's not my say.

PiMacleod

Smash Cadet
Tell ya what, if we had advance notice ('advance' meaning, more than 3 weeks -- some of us gotta let our jobs know ahead of time, ya know!), I'm sure most of us could do that. I'm happy with driving -- heck, I'd give Lipton a ride up to something like that if he needed a ride. It'd probably be Toppercool, Lipton, and myself in the same car to head on up there, theoretically.

I'm honored to be on the top 20 list. seriously! I'm still keeping my Ness up as much as possible, with all other hobbies and work and life-in-general.

For a MI name, how about 'Smash Corps'? You could use military-style rankings from there, to give each person involved in our 'army' an actual title, such as 'general', 'colonel', 'private', etc.

Hmm, that's about it. One last suggestion though, just for THIS topic only, how about a link to each current tournament topic that's in our area whenever a topic as such gets created? That way, people just come HERE to check on the MI scene, and they can see the current MI~ish tourneys just by looking at the last few posts. :D

DBGTSSJ4FoxMc

Smash Cadet
Originally posted by jv3x3
motross that what i like 2 hear get them back next time, as for marth and fox i think shadow glare has them.... dont know of anyone else that plays a decent marth or fox. So yeah stick with samus. You just gotta start making it out to more smashfests. I have all kinds of new samus tricks to show you.
I play fox as well go figure.. been my main char since i got the game so ya i think i have him and am improving alot :)

am i not at least "decent" :rolleyes:

Y.Linkpwnsurmom

Smash Journeyman
dam I hate skool functions argg

Well you guys up for tounight? Check my topic for some info, cause If I dont see you guys at this smashfest well... I'll come looking for ya'll and it wont be pretty...

D

Deleted member

I thought Jv had the Fox thing. His Fox is really good. Same with Marth, but I was more impressed with the Fox personally.

3===D

Smash Lord
I think the whole FOx arguemnt was sarcastic, even though Jv's Fox Fin blows i dont think anyones going to fight him for it, wink wink.

But seriously, tonight will be sweet, ill be moving up a few spots on that BS list you made Joe, Y.Linkiajsbdkja your going down, I mean when the F ahve you ever beat me, but whatever im not hating, just congregating, as well as those 2 Rochester kids if they come around anymore, winky winky.

Yeah ill paste that one council post in here, I htink it would be a sweet thing to do, but its more based on your particiaption in the progression of the scene and so forth than skill.

3===D

Smash Lord
Hey, I was just kidding about the High Council of smash thing, but I think its a good idea to get some organization and direction in Michigan smashing, plus it would be sweet, everyone on the boards could be assigned a status and you could work your way up through the ranks and stuff, ive already got the council members worked out.

The council member seats would would be given in accordance to Skill and knowledge of the game, How long youve been in the Michigan smash scene and how active you are in it ie: # of tournaments participated in and # of tourneys youve hosted, perhaps somehting like how relevant your posts are, stuff like that.

Seat #1- Jv3x3: Hes like the father of Michigan smashing, hes argueably the best in michigan, knows his stuff and is a totally smart guy.

Seat #2-Me (3===D): Ive been on the scene since the beggining, have been to the second most tournaments and throwna few myself, and am pretty good and pretty much know the game. (plus im kick***)\

Seat #3- LiptonBuddy: Hes thrown a ton of tournaments, has traveled for smash, is really good and he knows his stuff, although i dont know if starting the whoel "sexual" revolution is a good thing or not.

Seat #4- A.Hills Finest (Nar): Been to a few tournaments and has traveled, Currently best in Michigan in tournament ranking, him and Jv are CLOSE, and he knows his stuff hardcore.

Seat #5- NeedleofJuntah: Been to a few tournaments, went to Ohio twice and plays a terrifying sheik and a mean game of smash overall. . . but is a total doushce, NO COMMENT !

Now James is also really active but isnt on the boards so he SOL, and the PhatAssesRock (the daves) dont go to enough tournaments ie: wussed out about Ohio, plus i like never see him post like ever, probably cause hes doing more important things but still.

What does everyone think about that list, personally I think its bad ***, if not i wouldnt have spent FOREEVR on it, and if your naems not on it dont be a baby, youll work your way up, and f everyone thinks it would be cool and fun to do somehting well give out rankings and stuff to everyone, and you can put them in your signature and stuff, it will be sweet, BUT only Council memebers will ahve say in the direction of Michigan Smashing, imput is welcome but you cant come to secret meetings (doubt there will be secret meetings).

jv3x3

Smash Champion
Originally posted by Needle of Juntah
WTF joe

Needle of Junath ??? who the **** is that guy ^^

heh i have no comment on this whole crew thing yet :/
u should play that guy sometime, he is pretty darn good... beat me in a sheik ditto series, although mines will get him next time, just rusty. hes kinda wierd though, i heard he likes to wear dresses and sing mary poppins songs

fox/marth, yeah i was joking. thanks for the support though, we got around 4 or 5 foxes and more than a few marths 2. I hold the crown when it comes 2 them though.

bay city, yeah a week or so notice and im down. there would be an entry fee/prizes right? it would be a good way to play some new michigan people... sounds like you guys gotta a decent size crew. And based on the results we could get you in the michigan rankings, and maybe next time you could come down here for one of our tourneys or somethin

Pyrogamer

Smash Journeyman
heehee someone is gonna try to take up Ice Climbers, gotta stick around for this...

Who is Phil?

vidjo, its sensei*

Liptonbuddy

Smash Lord
I know we talked approximately for 5-10 seconds about this at Nar's grandparents house, but is anyone from MI planning on going to Flame of Bowser 2?

Pyro - Joe has been on my case like a Swedish ***** trying to get me to take up the ICs. I'll admit, I hate the way they feel when I play them. Totally different style than any other character. Just lots of grab combos and CCed smashes. One of these days I'm gonna sit down and spend a few hours practicing. I'm no where near having them down to face anybody in a friendly, much less a tourney. ****, I even lost a few times to a level 9 computer.....The shame. Hopefully you'll come to The SSA tournwey here in MI, and maybe by then I'll have them down a little better, and we can do an IC ditto. I've never heard or seen of an IC ditto before. I'm sure it would make for either a really interesting, or really dumb match. Either way, we'll still have to do it.

D

Deleted member

Originally posted by Liptonbuddy
IPyro - Joe has been on my case like a Swedish ***** trying to get me to take up the ICs. I'll admit, I hate the way they feel when I play them. Totally different style than any other character. Just lots of grab combos and CCed smashes.
Which is different from Mario how?? Oh yeah that's right, Mario has a better up air, a cape, and alot less enemies.

Liptonbuddy

Smash Lord
Cool?!?!?! Just cool????? He's the ****ing best!

If anyone says otherwise, I'll sleep with their wife and steal their fortune!

D

Deleted member

Lipton, I have some bad news: I'm much better with Doc than Mario.

I'm sorry, it just wasn't meant to be.

phatassesrock

Smash Apprentice
Now James is also really active but isnt on the boards so he SOL, and the PhatAssesRock (the daves) dont go to enough tournaments ie: wussed out about Ohio, plus i like never see him post like ever, probably cause hes doing more important things but still.
*****.... we didnt wuss out. Clingans ***** *** had to work. You know i would have taken 1st place anyways. But hey, thanks for the thought of having me on the council.

Joe (smash grandfather) this is definitely a good idea. Getting things a lot more organized is defintiely somethin we need to do. We should actually schedule a place and time like maybe in AHills because its the middle for everyone, to play and practice.

And yea, 3==========D <----- elephantitis ..... i do have better things to do once and a while (like graduating from college) but i would rather play smash all day anyway.

Joe ... also I play a decent link, but it seems like against some ppl. He just sucks ***. But anyway, lets try to play soon.

Liptonbuddy

Smash Lord
Joe mentioned he wanted to have a smashfest at my place sometime next week if anyone's interested. I forgot what days Joe said he was busy, but who gives a **** about that *******? He's such a *****!

By the way Joe, did you drink that shot for me? If you didn't.......I might just have to call you fabulous.

Y.Linkpwnsurmom

Smash Journeyman
Smashfest any week is sexual, hopefully the weekend tho....blasted skool, don't they know I have super smash to play? If its gonna be on a weekday then can it please be after 3?

Speaking of smashfest don't forget about the one at my house this weekend. If anyone has like a lava lamp or disco ball or something along those lines, bring it cause I pimp out my loft every friday and you can add to the groove.

And today I finnaly get my fabeled lisences! So I'll be moblie and ya'll better watch out (f'in pedestrians don't get the right away n' my book). Limpton you wanna do something this week? I know where your place is so I could drive over and we could do some smashing.

Liptonbuddy

Smash Lord
Yeah, that's cool with me. Just give me a date and time so I make sure I'm awake. I have a bad habit of sometimes sleepin in till 5 in the afternoon.

Y.Linkpwnsurmom

Smash Journeyman
What you up to Wednesday or Thursday? I gots a half day wednesday so that wold defenitly be a sexual day.

jv3x3

Smash Champion
Phil plays peach. Came in 3rd behind me and nar at one of our tourneys. But him/his bro havent posted in awhile. Speak up *****es!!!

Fob2... probably. I dunno yet for certain though, but yeah probably.

Smashfests. Wensday at justins. Hows this work for everyone? A.hills can make it, talked 2 them. Y.link can make it. I can make it. Motross has got ft that day, so he just needs to get there.

Also, this friday Y.Link is having a smashfest, so be on the look out for that.

Peace, and also. I was thinking in terms of rankings, its gonna be awhile until there is a tourney, unless this bay city thing goes down (so speak up bay city kid), so you can challenge people for their spots in a best of 3 set. Only thing is you must beat 2 people higher than you to move up more than a spot. So yeah. Im gonna edit based on our last smashfest.

Edit: Oh yeah, start the smashfest around 3 or something. imo, and yeah i drank a shot for ya

D

Deleted member

Wednesday works for me... but I would need a ride (please :cool: ) Also, do you think we could get some pizza or something. I'd pay for it and I'll pay whoever goes a little for gas money. If we did this, I would be able to stay until around 8 or 9 which would be sweet. I'll check with my parents to make sure this is ok. If anyone can give me a ride, I'll pay for gas money if you want so let me know. I could call my dad and have him pick me up so if someone gives me a ride there, they probably wouldn't have to drive me back. (I live at about 17 mile and Dequindre. If you can drive me there, post here or PM me or whatever and I'll send you my address.)

Top Bottom