• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

MarkLoo

Smash Ace
what do you michigan to's think about putting kongo jungle on random for melee
and stage striking
since they did it at genesis

personally im not a fan of the stage strike system

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Kongo Jungle is a pretty silly random. Stagestriking makes sense in Brawl because of how much any little thing can affect matchups in that game, but I really don't think it's that necessary in Melee.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
People, I have some bad news. I'm leaving Ann Arbor permanently coming this Sunday when I get back from Chicago. Ann Arbor Pandafests where everyone is invited will cease to exist as we knew them. I'll be moving to a nicer place in Royal Oak right across from the Detroit Zoo, and smashfests will continue to happen. But because the place is much more expensive (and the fact I own it rather than rent it) these smashfests will be invite-only, where only the usual people who came over to my old apartment are invited. Of course, there will be significantly fewer smashfests due to me being in medical school.

Sorry to disappoint ya'll. Maybe someone else in Ann Arbor can take the torch I'm passing on.

IrisKong

Smash Lord
People, I have some bad news. I'm leaving Ann Arbor permanently coming this Sunday when I get back from Chicago. Ann Arbor Pandafests where everyone is invited will cease to exist as we knew them. I'll be moving to a nicer place in Royal Oak right across from the Detroit Zoo, and smashfests will continue to happen. But because the place is much more expensive (and the fact I own it rather than rent it) these smashfests will be invite-only, where only the usual people who came over to my old apartment are invited. Of course, there will be significantly fewer smashfests due to me being in medical school.

Sorry to disappoint ya'll. Maybe someone else in Ann Arbor can take the torch I'm passing on.
I hope I will still be invited... :/

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'm like one of those people that gets invited sometimes and shows up for 30 minutes.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Panda coming to Royal Oak? Cool, now I won't have to drive an hour to see him.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Panda.
What happened?
Panda!
PANDAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

Since you live closer to Detroit now, can condemned and I has invites?
Please?
:3

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
So I'm not really sure who even plays brawl in Ann Arbor anymore, but I'll be in town from like Saturday to Tuesday for college orientation. I should have some down time, so if anyone wants to play let me know.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
From what I remember invites have historically only gone to tournament regulars (lain, judge, Anther, Bowyer, Iris, WTP, etc.).

IrisKong

Smash Lord
No!! Theres a tourney this weekend. That means no one is gonna be in Ann Arbor when I come :(. WACK!!
I will still be here :p

Couldnt go to the tourny due to work, although today (saterday) I have work (duh) and then I have to go downtown to promote...tomorrow Im free though.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
hey guys im leaving michigan at around 5.. sorry i couldn't get together with any of you guys for tourney/smashfest =\ aunt doesn't like me being around strangers.. thinks one of you is gonna drug me and ****/kidnap me lmao sorry guys lol ill be in contact with justkindaboreuknow and will probably play online with him lol so yeah just here to say my goodbyes... somewhat haha. well yeah. bye michigan, took me a hella lot of work to find this thread lol... cya guys

Sukai

Smash Champion
From what I remember invites have historically only gone to tournament regulars (lain, judge, Anther, Bowyer, Iris, WTP, etc.).
To the tourneys then!!!

If Soul is able to use a car on August 1st, we can make it to that --forgot city-- tournament.
I'm gonna try and enter for Melee, but either way, Ankoky said he'd pay for my Brawl entry and I'd hate to put such generosity for someone he barely knows to waste.
^___^

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yeah, I give help when I feel someone deserves it. In your case I thought you did because you told me Cactuarz was forcing you to enter Melee (which turned out to be false). Now you're still misspelling my name. If you don't want my "generosity" to be served in pennies "donated" at 50 meters per second, it's advisable to not press your luck.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Yeah, I give help when I feel someone deserves it. In your case I thought you did because you told me Cactuarz was forcing you to enter Melee (which turned out to be false). Now you're still misspelling my name. If you don't want my "generosity" to be served in pennies "donated" at 50 meters per second, it's advisable to not press your luck.
But 'Ankoky' has a ring to it!
n.n|

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
To you, maybe. All I see is some guy repeatedly failing to hit the U key just the right of the Y key.

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
August 1'st Ann Arbor tourney, I need a ride, can pitch in gas. Who wants to take me? I have the night before and night of off so I can go a day early if we have a place to stay or stay a day, all is cleared as long as i'm home by 9:00 PM the day after =)

Severest

Smash Cadet
I do feel a bit bad that I came across so mean at the tournament. I was hoping to get some laughs from Severest while we were playing, but I guess it only served to leave him with a bad impression... For that, I'm really sorry.

Trail told me something pretty interesting, though, about his reaction. I still don't know how to completely feel about it, since I didn't hear it from Severest himself. If it helps, I do apologize for anything I did that made him or anyone else in your crew upset, Tr3MoR. It was really, REALLY not intentional.
Hey, I think that Tremor got it right. I came to that tourney not knowing about the melee scene in MI and I just got my **** stomped on. Kudos to you, it really opened my eyes about how much more room for improvement I have. Your apology isn't necessary though, I guess I must of came off a little bad too. But I have to let you know, next time you won't be 4-stocking me so easily! I hope atleast. :)

Now that that is aside, there is a tourney in Ann Arbor August 1st? Where at? I am actually living in Ann Arbor right now until the end of the summer and I would be glad to smash with anyone around here.

Arc_Revived

Smash Journeyman
What do you think the turnout is going to be like at the AA Aug. 1st tourney? I didn't know whether or not to go there or take a little trip down to SMYM 10.

Top Bottom