• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

lain

Smash Master
****'s going down at vayseth?

well... i'm gonna pass the **** out in like... 2 hours. i'll sleep until AT LEAST 8pm. you sure you won't be playing laterz?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
well... i'm gonna pass the **** out in like... 2 hours. i'll sleep until AT LEAST 8pm. you sure you won't be playing laterz?
I have similar plans. Any chance you could make it go a little later into the night? For your fellow Dededes?

Sukai

Smash Champion
Condemned and I should be coming, but condemned is gonna sleep.

EDIT: Hey guys, am I wrong on this?
If so, please go in the thread and get it right.
Melee discussion by the way...

Fox can be played at a high level without a huge amount of technical skill
That's it, I'm done, it's over.

Technical skill is THE biggest factor in high level play, it's the biggest factor in any level of play, because mindgames, mix ups, tech chasing, all that is solely dependent on your tech skill, because you can't get anything done right unless you know how to move your character exactly the way you need them to be.
Game over, I'm out, this thread is bull if arguments like these are considered valid.

MarkLoo

Smash Ace
sounds like his definition of "high" tech skill is different then yours. to play fox at a high level you need to be able to control him perfectly, which does take a certain level of tech skill. whether you consider this high or not is opinion. however i'd most likely agree with you that the tech skill required to play fox is relatively high

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I don't understand the argument because you "refuted" his statement that Fox doesn't need a huge amount of tech skill at a high level with "everyone needs tech skill to play." Uhh, yeah? Still don't need a huge amount.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
i couldn't tell you at really high levels of play, but back before brawl came out, when me, jcav, and dogma used to play, i could keep pace with them pretty well without wavedashing and all that, because I used Fox. They'd use a decent amount of tech skill, I wouldn't.

just my two cents

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
tech skill can overwhelm an opponent, but as for beating someone with very little with fox, try beating falco marth or even falcon with no tech skill.

Shaeden

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand this whole tech skill thing. I mean I realize that without it I wouldn't win.. but look at dope. Dope is slow as hell. Sometimes I wonder if he even knows how to l-cancel or if he just presses buttons.

If you aren't more technical than dope.. try a little harder.

anthony000

Smash Journeyman
You know what's sad? Consistently typing all you guys' locations into google and figuring out that everyone is located on the eastern part of the state and that I'm all alone over here.

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
well i always thought that dope just knew what moves left opening and took advantage of them. I see what your saying shaeden. I didnt notice that while i was watching dope play as falco. It seems like he L-cancel when it really matter. which is how how wins his matches. overall.....Dope should be considered epic

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
You know what's sad? Consistently typing all you guys' locations into google and figuring out that everyone is located on the eastern part of the state and that I'm all alone over here.
If you play melee you aren't alone at all in East Lansing.

If you play brawl, then I don't feel bad for you. :p

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Something I learned today:

Omnomnomni's not kidding, he really does hate all of us.

:colorful:

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
I like you gates. Everyone else is on my **** list though ;) lol ESPECIALLY SAMURAI PANDA YEAH I PUT A SPACE IN YOUR NAME WHAT NOW ;) haha

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, Omniswell let everyone know how much he hates us.
Yeah, he pretty much yelled about stuff the whole time.

I also hit Ankoku with 2 Dededecides and an fsmash kill in the same match.

Good times. :colorful:

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Once on each side of the stage, if I'm not mistaken.

*picks Falco*
"I've just lost all respect for you."
*randoms FD*
"Okay, I take that back. Now I've lost all respect for you."

lolol

Omni: ITG @ Oakland on Friday? Scala might be able to make it too

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I can do either, really, but AFC at Oakland closes at 10PM on Friday, while Jeepers closes at 9.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Thank you all who came out tonight. It was short, but a good time!

I'll be in Ann Arbor tomorrow from about 2 pm until around 9 pm. If you want anything of mine, this is probably your last chance!

BUY STUFF PLZ

anthony000

Smash Journeyman
I did. But I was horrible then. :urg:. Still horrible compared to trail, but I can take you son!

Livin in Chandler next year.
Good ****. I assume you're talking about chandler's crossing? I'll have to hit you up and get at that sheik. I really wanna play SOMEBODY- I'm bored out of my mind over here. Are you in East Lansing right now in the summer or no?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'll pick Peach next time <3

I just wanted to cycle through my characters.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Good ****. I assume you're talking about chandler's crossing? I'll have to hit you up and get at that sheik. I really wanna play SOMEBODY- I'm bored out of my mind over here. Are you in East Lansing right now in the summer or no?
Yeah Chandler Crossing the club. I got sheik, marth, and falcon all waiting for you! But yeah, I don't move in until the 28th or 29th of August.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Alright cool. I don't move into Capitol Villa till the 28th either. You staying with some of your boys who were at the tourney with you last year? Like that **** Peach.
Not living with them - but they are mostly all living in chandler too. The other Doc is living in Abbot. Haha <3 Sam's peach. We went to the West Bloomfield tourney and Mikey 4 stocked him in peach dittos (he would have me too if I played him I'm sure), and with new Armada videos he's gonna improve drastically.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
lol, are you talking about Severest? It must've been traumatic getting 4-stocked in both winners' and losers' brackets.

STUNNING REALIZATION

SAME PERSON?!?!

Top Bottom