• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

TheMann

Smash Ace
Okay somebody tell me something is going on in Ann Arbor on Saturday. I should be in town for a party that day and I want to see some of my smash buddies. Hit Me up!!

Toadster5

Smash Journeyman
Rusty?! I think I'm missin somethin.
Rusty is RJ. I think he played over at Emmons once but not for very long.

I could ask the same question about where I go to school.
We should do more of those $1 tourneys, that was tight lol. I'm sure people would be willing to help out, myself included. I'm Tyler by the way, I played C. Falcon and DK at your tournament.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
lol, are you talking about Severest? It must've been traumatic getting 4-stocked in both winners' and losers' brackets.

STUNNING REALIZATION

SAME PERSON?!?!
OH MY GOD!!!

YOU, SIR, ARE A GENIUS!!!

I respect you again now.

I'm going to use red Arakune from now on. Too good.

anthony000

Smash Journeyman
Oh ****! NOW everybody wants to come out the woodwork! Tyler, Tremor, Severest's name was mentioned, RJ was just mentioned. Yeah, I definitely plan on holding another tournament this year. Was gonna bump entry up to $3 though haha. I hope that's not a deal breaker.

Toadster5

Smash Journeyman
Haha, $3 is good. As far as Melee is concerned I think Lansing is one of the better places to be in Michigan. Trail is really good and he goes to MSU, and I think Dope lives pretty close to Lansing. I haven't had the chance to play Dope yet though.

anthony000

Smash Journeyman
I haven't got to play Trail or Dope or anyone really. Barely got any friendlies at my tourney in March, and I didn't even know about you guys over in Brody until that point. That must be rectified this upcoming year.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
lol, are you talking about Severest? It must've been traumatic getting 4-stocked in both winners' and losers' brackets.
Yup. Made us all realize that we blow and is making us practice harder. Effin mikey. Who did he play in winners...was it you?

I saw your sheik there..and that was my motivation. Sick sheik man.

Rusty is RJ. I think he played over at Emmons once but not for very long.
Ah I remember him now. He played in my room a couple times.

Haha, $3 is good. As far as Melee is concerned I think Lansing is one of the better places to be in Michigan. Trail is really good and he goes to MSU, and I think Dope lives pretty close to Lansing. I haven't had the chance to play Dope yet though.
We'll play with Dope this year for sure. He gets his license...this month. Probably has it already. He lives in Owosso.

As for our crew strat...take out as many stocks, and then send out trail to do the business. Anthony you could have played with him - but you didn't let him play in the tourny.

This year we'll have an even better scene for sure.

anthony000

Smash Journeyman
WOW, So that's Trail. The dude that showed up day of?! Had no idea. Ah well, hopefully we'll get to play some more this year. By the way, RJ got 4th at the tourney last year.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yup. Made us all realize that we blow and is making us practice harder. Effin mikey. Who did he play in winners...was it you?

I saw your sheik there..and that was my motivation. Sick sheik man.
Mikey 4-stocked him Peach vs Peach and Peach vs ICs in winners' brackets, then I eliminated him Sheik vs Peach and Peach vs Peach in losers' brackets.

Haha, thanks, though I can't remember me using Sheik that much.... who were you watching me play?

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Mikey 4-stocked him Peach vs Peach and Peach vs ICs in winners' brackets, then I eliminated him Sheik vs Peach and Peach vs Peach in losers' brackets.

Haha, thanks, though I can't remember me using Sheik that much.... who were you watching me play?
I only watched the one game where you played Sheik vs him. And I was like :eek: :love: the entire time. I had never seen anyone use the platforms like that IRL before that game. I main sheik and he, another guy there and I play every day that isn't summer, so it taught me a lot very quick.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Wasn't aware it's possible to get rusty at that game, but I guess anything can happen.

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
I do feel a bit bad that I came across so mean at the tournament. I was hoping to get some laughs from Severest while we were playing, but I guess it only served to leave him with a bad impression... For that, I'm really sorry.

Trail told me something pretty interesting, though, about his reaction. I still don't know how to completely feel about it, since I didn't hear it from Severest himself. If it helps, I do apologize for anything I did that made him or anyone else in your crew upset, Tr3MoR. It was really, REALLY not intentional.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Wow, where the hell did all these EL people come from? Nothing against you guys, but everyone knows that Ann Arbor dominates not only the conversations in this thread, but Michigan smash in general.

That, and would be a high contender in that Big Ten crew battle idea.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
who does MSU even have for a melee crew? You've got trail, and we've got an Ankoku for that, and then what do you have after that? We've still got a me, bowyer, bot, and brainjack. Since Dope, nor shaeden, nor mikey, nor bigy, nor Anther, nor lain go to MSU, I think we've got the rest of MI's upper meleers.

MarkLoo

Smash Ace
im gettin on that list nukka
scotu im trying to split a 30 minute 1 gig video up
so i used vdub and tried to save the first 8 minutes as an avi
but for some reason the expected file size is 3 gigs
i stopped it early and checked the quality and the quality is still the same
so thats not the issue
and suggestions?

i wasnt having this issue yesterday

critique please?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxD_NHVeFac

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
I do feel a bit bad that I came across so mean at the tournament. I was hoping to get some laughs from Severest while we were playing, but I guess it only served to leave him with a bad impression... For that, I'm really sorry.

Trail told me something pretty interesting, though, about his reaction. I still don't know how to completely feel about it, since I didn't hear it from Severest himself. If it helps, I do apologize for anything I did that made him or anyone else in your crew upset, Tr3MoR. It was really, REALLY not intentional.
Ha - no worries man. I didn't see the matches because I was playing myself. Basically, he thought you were more serious than you were because...he wasn't taking getting destroyed very well. He was trying his best, so had his game face and seriousness on and it was obvious you were messing around with him so he didn't like that.

No worries Mikey, we both just ripped on him afterwords and chilled out. It wasn't taken that seriously, well by me at least. I'm playing smash today with Severest and I'm sure he'll say the same. It just shook him up at the time lol. With that though, and new Armada videos, he's gonna improve quickly.

Wow, where the hell did all these EL people come from? Nothing against you guys, but everyone knows that Ann Arbor dominates not only the conversations in this thread, but Michigan smash in general.

That, and would be a high contender in that Big Ten crew battle idea.
No arguments there man. We know it. Still would be fun though to do because after we get destroyed we could do plenty of friendlies and whatnot. Plus, we gotta talk ****, its just nature.

who does MSU even have for a melee crew? You've got trail, and we've got an Ankoku for that, and then what do you have after that? We've still got a me, bowyer, bot, and brainjack. Since Dope, nor shaeden, nor mikey, nor bigy, nor Anther, nor lain go to MSU, I think we've got the rest of MI's upper meleers.
Yup. There's a lot of melee'ers but none cept trail on the level of you guys. Come second semester I think the gap will be quite a bit smaller though.

Top Bottom