• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

IrisKong

Smash Lord
What do you think the turnout is going to be like at the AA Aug. 1st tourney? I didn't know whether or not to go there or take a little trip down to SMYM 10.
Unless they...

1, moved
2, expanded
3. have multiple locations...one being one I have not been to

Then the place is pretty darn small and im actually curious as to how they expect to fit a bunch of people there.

anthony000

Smash Journeyman
What do you think the turnout is going to be like at the AA Aug. 1st tourney? I didn't know whether or not to go there or take a little trip down to SMYM 10.
If you go to the Ann Arbor tourney, could I get a ride with you? I can pitch in for gas, and I'm thinking I'm on your way according to your location. I really wanna go to this tourney. For melee. Everyone should go to this tourney so we can pick the in state tourney scene back up. Like MarkLoo said, support the in state ish!

Arc_Revived

Smash Journeyman
If you go to the Ann Arbor tourney, could I get a ride with you? I can pitch in for gas, and I'm thinking I'm on your way according to your location. I really wanna go to this tourney. For melee. Everyone should go to this tourney so we can pick the in state tourney scene back up. Like MarkLoo said, support the in state ish!
Yeah, I think I can help you out! I'm coming from Mt. Pleasant so it shouldn't be too much of a hassle. hit me up on AIM and we'll work something out ^_^

Severest

Smash Cadet
I'm gonna be there if I can get the day off of work.

Anthony you should try to be there, we'll have an East Lansing reunion of some sort.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'm coming. Are Tremor, 1der, and the rest of y'all's squad gonna be there? Somebody should try to get Tyler there too.
1der I don't remember who that was. I played a kid named 1der at the West Bloomfield tourny but he was from Ohio and I just met him. I dono if I'm going because I start working at a new job tomorrow and they might schedule me the 1st. Tyler is not employed and 70-80 miles from Ann Arbor. The other Doc and his twin live in Cali.

We are going to get wrecked again. Oh boy. :psycho:

anthony000

Smash Journeyman
Well, one of y'all that night in Brody signed up as "1der" lol. Welp, hopefully ur not scheduled then. Wish Tyler could make it somehow, and just WOW on the twins. Had no idea they were from Cali.

Vayseth

Smash Master
I just played brawl+ all day and I must say it's freaking awesome. I suggest everyone to get on that ****.

BTW, I'll probably never see ya'll again, but if you have Brawl+ I'll have you over to play some games =)

Sukai

Smash Champion
I tried to intoduce B+ to everyone at Cactuarz Smashfest back in June.

No one went for it, but you got a supporter right here.

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
I just played brawl+ all day and I must say it's freaking awesome. I suggest everyone to get on that ****.

BTW, I'll probably never see ya'll again, but if you have Brawl+ I'll have you over to play some games =)
its not fair i couldnt go to ur smashfest to play you.i want to play ATKEAST one more time

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
condemned, need gas moneys for the AA tourney on the 1'st? pick me up =p
ill see what i can do cactuarz im going to see if i can borrow someones car which should be easy.....let the force be with you

well if i do end up going ill have to pick up knux, omega, and cactuarz. The pressure is on lol jk

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
^_^; it's more about timing than anything knux, you tried to get me to play B+ after i was annoyed at playing brawl... I don't like brawl and was getting annoyed by it and wanted to play melee.

Also i love you michigan <3

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
lol vay we played at omni's and you called it a stupid game (because i know everything dumb about it)

i'll play it no problem. I like smash in general.

But my pit/snake/squirtle are broke as hell.

Toadster5

Smash Journeyman
Brawl+ is pretty fun. My gripe with it is that it seems like nothing more than Melee without wavedashing or pretty much any other tech. It's definitely leagues beyond Brawl but still a few steps behind Melee.

Toadster5

Smash Journeyman
How so? 64 had high hitstun, L-cancels that removed all lag, aerials had very little start-up lag, spammable grabs, powerful throws, no up or down throw, no wall or ceiling techs, zero-to-deaths with basically every character, no side-B attacks, etc. At the most it is a balance between the two but it's definitely not far, far closer to SSB64 with airdodging and DI.

Toadster5

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, this. People who say that Brawl+ is just Melee without wavedashing or anything like that haven't played the game enough.
How is it not though? What makes Brawl+ so much different than Melee besides the tech differences? I have played Brawl+ and that's the impression that I got.

Also, you guys need to revisit SSB64 if you think it's like either of these two games when played at a reasonably high level lol.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
The absence of the Melee airdodge does actually make a big difference - movement is far less affected by platforms, and the extent of footsies are dashdancing and jumping around.

The hitstun amount is dumb. Like, ridiculously so. Combos in Brawl are essentially upward-moving repetition of aerials because there's too much hitstun to actually escape it. That's somewhat okay in Melee when that kind of comboing was limited to about three characters and needed fast enough reaction to followup before histun ran out, but it's become the primary means of dealing damage in Brawl+.

In fact, most of the disadvantages of shielding something or getting hit have been rather heavily exaggerated.

Toadster5

Smash Journeyman
Oh I see what you're saying. Kind of like Captain Falcon's u-air combos in 64?

Brawl+ removes the necessary caution of following up in Brawl and the precision required to follow up in Melee. It makes combos way too easy.

Top Bottom