• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Test Your Might VI! Cleveland, OH (July 18th)

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
STOP HIJACKIN MAH THREAD!!

If you guys see anything of Vayseth's that he's selling that you may be interested in plz post on his thread and tell him to bring those things to TYM VI! I told him I'd take 25 bucks worth of stuff to use as door prizes and give him free entry into the tourney. He said he still needs to sell more stuff to make the trip though, so if you guys can buy some stuff from him it'll convince MI to bring a car to this.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=223359

Also hype.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
My terminology? There's no terminology jus facts quite honestly. Why r u ppl thinking that by sayin a game is dead that's this is a bad thing? Melee was a great game it had its time but its time to change. As far as those other games I will not comment cuz I have no knowledge of those game.
Lol, says who? You? Forever the misguided optimist I see. Is there a problem with trying to have both games coexist in a competitive environment?

Do we have to stop playing all of the other Final Fantasy titles just because XIII is coming out? Do we have to watch Dragonball GT instead of Dragonball Z? Or how about a new pair of shoes versus what I already have on?

Your logic is fit for sports; like if a superstar in basketball were to grow old, then there would be no turning back because the player doesn't have a choice in the matter. Video games are not people, they are eternal (in a sense) as long as they are maintained by the owner. You can always, ALWAYS go back and play the last entry for as long as you want. The next entry does not instill an obligation to play the next and only the next. I would have thought you to already know something like that. :ohwell:

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings

If you guys see anything of Vayseth's that he's selling that you may be interested in plz post on his thread and tell him to bring those things to TYM VI! I told him I'd take 25 bucks worth of stuff to use as door prizes and give him free entry into the tourney. He said he still needs to sell more stuff to make the trip though, so if you guys can buy some stuff from him it'll convince MI to bring a car to this.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=223359

Also hype.

MY TOURNEY IS HAVING BOTH GAMES SO STOP IT!!

srsly.

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
ITT, why don't you get those Wavebirds off Vayseth? Didn't you have some idea for a side tourney involving those or something?

wakka444

Smash Ace
eh dragonball kai kinda dissapointed me seeing as the only "new" animation is in the intros and such and the the only new stuff is the voices and "better quality"

altho, i like the major filler outtakes

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Comparing the Final Fantastys to a "fake fighter" like Melee and Brawl is kinda dumb.

Most of the FFs focus on story telling and party management aka meant to be played alone.

Melee and Brawl are much more fun as a multiplayer game where progression in the game is done by the players, not the game itself. (Honestly, do Melee people play the 1 player mode anymore?) Like most FPSs, all fighters, and half RTSs. (And of course MMOs)

I consider a multiplayer game dead when no one play it competitively. In this case... Melee isn't dead and won't be for a long time, I just won't be playing it.

@ITT: There is going to be a "brawl" over this melee discussion outside of the venue during this. SHARKS!!! er uh BRAWL!!!

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Comparing the Final Fantastys to a "fake fighter" like Melee and Brawl is kinda dumb.

Most of the FFs focus on story telling and party management aka meant to be played alone.

Melee and Brawl are much more fun as a multiplayer game where progression in the game is done by the players, not the game itself. (Honestly, do Melee people play the 1 player mode anymore?) Like most FPSs, all fighters, and half RTSs. (And of course MMOs)

I consider a multiplayer game dead when no one play it competitively. In this case... Melee isn't dead and won't be for a long time, I just won't be playing it.

@ITT: There is going to be a "brawl" over this melee discussion outside of the venue during this. SHARKS!!! er uh BRAWL!!!
No, it's not, at least not in this case. You took my example too literally. I was addressing a point about a non-existing obligation to play the sequal/continuation of a game and only that entry. What I used as my example is irrelevant because I did not mention any comparison between the gameplay of each genre nor did I mention anything regarding Melee's single player mode. My main point is that when it comes to video games, we are not obligated to stick with whatever comes out next, which is very well what Champ implied.

QUIVO

Smash Master
I'd go back to melee if people actually played it and there were tournaments to go to. Not just 12 person tournaments either like TYM V...

Seriously though, Ohio's Melee scene is pretty close to dead. Game Junkie used to hold them once a season, but then closed. Then there was Middle of the Ohio tournaments, but what happened to them? I don't think there's anyone in Cincy that plays frequently, and Columbus there's Soap + Ajj playing once a week. CoK from my understanding rarely plays outside of tournaments. Northern Ohio has like 4% and them but I'm not sure if they play often anymore. I'm not sure how often Big D and Juke play either

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
By the way, I just want to point out we're going to have at least one international player here (My bro's French).

No real reason, just wanted to point that out.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Chipotle is dog food if your own family cooks Spanish food. Wendys is where it's at, son. Crispy chicken fo sho.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
This man has taste. =P

So Ybm, we've played on wifi and stuff, when will we get to play irl??????(question mark)???

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Hehehe....You gotta come to some Further away tournaments and Ride down with ITT To some Events....I would have came this weekend but the ride situation is kinda crazy and I'm going to Kings Island....But We'll play Soon....

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'd go back to melee if people actually played it and there were tournaments to go to. Not just 12 person tournaments either like TYM V...

Seriously though, Ohio's Melee scene is pretty close to dead. Game Junkie used to hold them once a season, but then closed. Then there was Middle of the Ohio tournaments, but what happened to them? I don't think there's anyone in Cincy that plays frequently, and Columbus there's Soap + Ajj playing once a week. CoK from my understanding rarely plays outside of tournaments. Northern Ohio has like 4% and them but I'm not sure if they play often anymore. I'm not sure how often Big D and Juke play either
Melee is at the halo 1 stage. Everyone will play it, everyone loves it, but no one wants to drive for it or pay money for it. It's just an old, but awesome, game.

That said, I am unsure if I can go or not. :(

Champ I will find out as soon as I can, but about a dozen things have come up all at once and I am unsure if I can spend the weekend out of town. One of my friends is leaving the country for over a year and is having the final get together this weekend, and I'd be kind of a jerk not to show up. >_>

Kel

Smash Master
Dragonball kai is AMAZING. It's like watching DBZ how it should have been done in the first place. All the voice actors returned and they cut out all of the unnecessary stuff. The show's been running for almost 4 months now, but in the original series it took them over a year to get where the series is at now in Kai. That's a LOT of filler they took out

It's awesome watching it in Japanese, it its raw form, because that's how it was supposed to be. The scenes make more sense and you notice little things.

And just so you guys know, they translated "over NINETHOUSANDDDDD!!!!" wrong.
vegeta says:
”八千以上だーーー!”
Which, sadly, means "it's over EIGHT thousand"

The internet will NOT be happy about this...

=P.

Smash Apprentice
:D im at the top of registered players yayayayayayay i feel special i cantz wait fer melee im gonna beat godvoice :p

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Last call for melee mms, i won't be accepting any at the venue because i have this horrific monstrosity plaguing my existence... also known as a budget.

Framerate

Smash Lord
Draft Crews plox.

Also, ITT don't forget your sonic papercraft. I should have it done by Back to School tourney, if you're going to that.

BYAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Smash Rookie
I must say this is looking like it will be the best TYM since the series started....IM SO HYPED!!!!! Also Smash in Akron tonight....ask ITT for details lol

Skyson

Smash Ace
Melee is at the halo 1 stage. Everyone will play it, everyone loves it, but no one wants to drive for it or pay money for it. It's just an old, but awesome, game.

That said, I am unsure if I can go or not. :(

Champ I will find out as soon as I can, but about a dozen things have come up all at once and I am unsure if I can spend the weekend out of town. One of my friends is leaving the country for over a year and is having the final get together this weekend, and I'd be kind of a jerk not to show up. >_>

Seriously though, Ohio's Melee scene is pretty close to dead. Game Junkie used to hold them once a season, but then closed. Then there was Middle of the Ohio tournaments, but what happened to them? I don't think there's anyone in Cincy that plays frequently, and Columbus there's Soap + Ajj playing once a week. CoK from my understanding rarely plays outside of tournaments.
D:

Northern Ohio has like 4% and them but I'm not sure if they play often anymore. I'm not sure how often Big D and Juke play either
We've got, to my knowledge, 4 people riding up who are faithful Melee players, two of which also play Brawl. Alongsie 4%, that makes up 5, just about half of the Melee attendance of TYM5, coming from one area.

I'd die for another Middle of Ohio Melee, that is where attendance for Melee skyrocketed and that's still my favorite Smash tournament of all time [despite getting last place at MoM6, I still got to play Swift round one! 8D].

I can't pinpoint an obvious reason, but maybe there was just enough Brawl hyping for the Melee players that don't like Brawl to not be interested. I didn't want to go to TYM4 because I thought it was all about Brawl. I sort of shed off my ideals since then, since I'm flexible enough to play both now. Still, I can't speak for everyone.

In my opinion, Ohio Melee isn't dead, it's just scattered all the ****ing way throughout Ohio. <_<;

Skyson

Smash Ace
I don't even know what you're talking about, really. Melee is too good and trolling is pretty lame. xD

Also, I has no doubles partner, if anyone is willing to drop money for a wildcard pickup. ;-;

Top Bottom