• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Test Your Might VI! Cleveland, OH (July 18th)

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Ah I see...It's all good then pimpin....Guess The God Kais Will be taking an official break for a week...KI here we Come.... BTW The God Kais Will be hosting a Tournament in Cincinnati at the beginning of September....Prepare to have some God Kai Fun.....More Details will be giving out later though....hehehe
Test Your Might VII! will be on September 12th. Don't make yours the same day plz.

Only if you can find housing or another ride back. I'm planning on going up there and then coming back to Columbus to stay at a friend's house rather than driving the whole way back to Cincy in one night. He doesn't have room for all of us.
If you want you can head up here Thursday or Friday night and we can provide housing. Thursday night we're having a smashfest in Akron.

If you want to team with me then tell me so for sure because I'd have to talk with my ride (DippnDots) about it, since he doesn't intend to come for doubles.
Are you up in MI? Is DippnDots up in MI? Is DippnDots grabbin anyone else from MI? Can you convince vayseth to come to this? Will I ever stop asking questions?

ChamP_SlayZ

Smash Apprentice
Nicely said keist! About melee. Its old and people need to just move on and grow up x) haha like I said before...
MELEE iZ! DEAD!
@King beef,yeah it was the biggest melee tourney ever and you know Y? Bc ppl rly came to play brawl and melee was there so ppl played.

M@v

Subarashii!
Melee is not dead, lol. The largest melee tounrey EVER happened Sunday. I should really learn how to play it right (All the tech stuff).

PS Im still up for Brawl money matches, almost any kind as long as I'm using a character I play.

ChamP_SlayZ

Smash Apprentice
Melee is not dead, lol. The largest melee tounrey EVER happened Sunday.
I knew this would happen...u clearly didn't read the rest of the comment. All u saw was melee is dead in big bold letters n jumped the gun huh? K now the biggest melee tourney EVER u say? Y were they all there??? TO PLAY BRAWL!!! It wasn't a Hey! Let's have a melee tourney n have brawl on the side. It was a brawl tourney that had melee on the side. Melee is dead its just a side game anymore get over it.

jokey665

Smash Ace
I knew this would happen...u clearly didn't read the rest of the comment. All u saw was melee is dead in big bold letters n jumped the gun huh? K now the biggest melee tourney EVER u say? Y were they all there??? TO PLAY BRAWL!!! It wasn't a Hey! Let's have a melee tourney n have brawl on the side. It was a brawl tourney that had melee on the side. Melee is dead its just a side game anymore get over it.
You obviously weren't actually paying attention to Genesis. The official thread has hundreds of pages of Melee hype, and at the event when they were going to put Brawl on the projector everyone boo'd and said brawl sucks so the TO kept Melee up. Armada v Mango is possibly the most epic thing that has happened in Smash, period.

ChamP_SlayZ

Smash Apprentice
Omg seriously? Yeah ppl r gonna boo brawl bc its different and ppl don't like change. I'm originally a halo player I know exactly how u and others feel about melee I'm the same about halo2. H3 sucks I agree but I still play I still wish H2 had tounreys but H2 is dead as well as melee. Get over it.
H2 is dead
Melee is dead
U can still play these games I'm not bashing u for that but as far as tourneys for these games?! Nope!

I like melee but I don't care about tourneys for it, bc I want some thing new that's y u ppl even started playin brawl bc u too wanted something new otherwise u wouldn't have even played at all.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Neither Brawl nor Melee was a side event at Genesis. There were 292 entrants for Brawl and 290 entrants for Melee. Maybe about 40 people there entered for both games. It's quite hard to say Melee is dead when more people entered it than any other Melee tournaments in the past two years, and it even drew international attention (Armada from Europe).

Talk all you want about Melee being dead, it's denying facts about as harshly as people claiming Brawl+ is strictly better than Brawl.

Are you up in MI? Is DippnDots up in MI? Is DippnDots grabbin anyone else from MI? Can you convince vayseth to come to this? Will I ever stop asking questions?
DippnDots is in Ohio. I will be in Columbus from Thursday night until Sunday sometime.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Melee is intense.

edit: the housing issue is for saturday night, not friday night. I don't want to deal with driving all the way back to Cincinnati after gaming all day, especially if things run late. My friend in Columbus is housing me at his apartment.

Ankoku, I PM'd you about teams. You in?

Framerate

Smash Lord
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah H3 sucks blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah .
blah blah
blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
Wait, what? Maybe I'm just not a Halo entrepreneur but I thought it was pretty fun.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Melee is intense.

edit: the housing issue is for saturday night, not friday night. I don't want to deal with driving all the way back to Cincinnati after gaming all day, especially if things run late. My friend in Columbus is housing me at his apartment.

Ankoku, I PM'd you about teams. You in?
Dippn never got back to me, so it's probably a no. No idea, though.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Melee is intense.

I can house people Saturday night as well if you want. I'm like 40 minutes from the venue. You should grab the God Kais and head up Saturday.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I'll have to see ITT. My friend in Columbus is thinking he wants to bring his friend and stay at his place saturday night in Columbus in which case I don't have enough room for the God Kais in my car and stuff. It's confusing. My OSU friend gets first call since I don't see him much and I go to tourneys all the time with the GK. I'll see what I can do but unless Overswarm decides to come in a second car, I probably won't be able to bring the GK.

If Ankoku can't team, would you be up for it Argent?

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
Its cool, we would have to be home Saturday round 3 am anyways cause KY crew are coming up and staying at 64's house and we leaving in the morning for Kings Island

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Don't worry, I'm playing with Texas players and i'll come back better!
Tell them all about Robert and Jim from Ireland. Those crazy guys visit the midwest and do awesome in doubles, and no one knows where they came from!

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Nicely said keist! About melee. Its old and people need to just move on and grow up x) haha like I said before...
MELEE iZ! DEAD!
@King beef,yeah it was the biggest melee tourney ever and you know Y? Bc ppl rly came to play brawl and melee was there so ppl played.
Right. That's why a majority of the Brawl players there stopped watching the Winners/Losers finals for their game to watch Melee GFs. I have good sources that kept me updated on Genesis. Melee isn't dead and it won't be for a long time.

GGs. You're not trolling well enough. :)

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
I just wanna find a partner before I walk in the door on Saturday... I'd definitely be up for it, Tyr...

@Bboy or OS: Either of you interested in teaming? I'll still need a partner if Ankoku and Tyr team up...

ChamP_SlayZ

Smash Apprentice
I would too. Melee is flashy and fun to watch I still watch melee videos. But that's not a reason y melee is "coming back" no1 is telling me anything new that I already didn't know b4 i said melee was dead. Bc I went n watched melee doesn't its making a come back. U all r acting as if I've never played melee before and that I'm talkin with no knowledge of the game.
Its a fun game its fun to watch, but that doesn't mean its makin a come back sorryZ =)

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Nah....Melee is Just Like Michael Jordan. I was good when it was in its prime...It retired by being out to long...Tried To come back but in the end it's to old and needs to GTFO...And the only reason The Melee tournament was big is because of the Genesis Hype. I can guarantee that there will not be anymore big Melee Tournaments....It's All about Brawl. And I could Understand if everyone wants to go back to Melee Since the God Kais are taking over Brawl...No hard feelings....GOD KAIS!!!

wakka444

Smash Ace
meh you show me more melee tournaments like what just happened and i may believe you guys but 1 big tournament doesnt really compare to the Several large tournaments brawl has had each year

i love melee, much more than brawl mind you, but im not convinced=(

either way champ is just arguing for the sake of arguing come on guys you know better than to entertain him=P

**** well put ybm, you can like relate MJ to any situation haha

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Nah....Melee is Just Like Michael Jordan. I was good when it was in its prime...It retired by being out to long...Tried To come back but in the end it's to old and needs to GTFO...And the only reason The Melee tournament was big is because of the Genesis Hype. I can guarantee that there will not be anymore big Melee Tournaments....It's All about Brawl. And I could Understand if everyone wants to go back to Melee Since the God Kais are taking over Brawl...No hard feelings....GOD KAIS!!!
Not if I can help it. Just watch, I'll stir something big up in due time and we'll see if the game is dead. ;)

@ Champ- Stop. We get it. You think Melee is dead, good for you. You don't need to continuously reiterate your point every time a bit of Melee hype pops up. At this point you are just trolling though so please stop.

Now then, Melee vs. Brawl topic over with. We don't need that trash in this thread. Stay hyped for the mixed tournament ahead. :)

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
What qualifies a game as "dead" anyway?

Melee's metagame is still evolving and it still has tournaments with a turnout of over 200 people.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
The fact that it just had THE BIGGEST TOURNAMENT IT HAS EVER HAD this past weekend does, however, mean it is making a come back.
While I love melee and have travelled and played more of that game than most people in this thread ever have or ever will, one of the reason's genesis was so huge is because there AREN'T big tournaments anymore.

Kind of like if we held one and only one Brawl tournament for the next 3 months and hyped it up. It'd be HUGE.

ChamP_SlayZ

Smash Apprentice
Its dead when a new version of the game comes out. When more ppl play the new game than the old one. When majority of tourneys r for the new game and not for the old one. Need I say more?

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Its dead when a new version of the game comes out. When more ppl play the new game than the old one. When majority of tourneys r for the new game and not for the old one. Need I say more?
Played less frequently =/= dead. Your terminology is both misused and exaggerated.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
So, Street Fighter 2 Super Turbo, Guilty Gear XX /\C, and Marvel vs Capcom 2 are all dead games?

ChamP_SlayZ

Smash Apprentice
My terminology? There's no terminology jus facts quite honestly. Why r u ppl thinking that by sayin a game is dead that's this is a bad thing? Melee was a great game it had its time but its time to change. As far as those other games I will not comment cuz I have no knowledge of those game.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
****, a set of games on life support got picked over Brawl for EVO's official lineup? That's kinda depressing... :(

Saying a game is dead is saying that it's no longer being played competitively.... at all. I can't see how you can look at tournaments like SMYM, Revival of Melee, and Genesis and state that Melee being dead is fact.

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
I have to agree with Champ on some of that... Melee was great, but I moved on... I know everyone does do that though... When you have a great series such as the Smash series, people will stick to whichever game they like best... Honestly, I'd tell some of them to get with the times, but it's a useless argument... It's like asking someone to choose between red cherry and black cherry (God) pies... :p

What does determine whether or not a game is dead or not? Community size? Tournament frequency? Something else? A mix? And what number is the borderline? The argument could go on forever...

Top Bottom