• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Test Your Might VI! Cleveland, OH (July 18th)

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
It is a silly question though. Of course that's what he means, but mainly because it's so scattered throughout the state/region. Melee is fine, Brawl is fine. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Blue Rogue

Smash Ace
NNID
ValiantVyse
3DS FC
4527-9345-8740
We've got, to my knowledge, 4 people riding up who are faithful Melee players, two of which also play Brawl. Alongsie 4%, that makes up 5, just about half of the Melee attendance of TYM5, coming from one area.
Who's the other? Why are we not doing Brawl friendlies at Panera? >:[

Also, I has no doubles partner, if anyone is willing to drop money for a wildcard pickup. ;-;
I would if you didn't lose 2 stocks a minute. lrn2hold stock at least
10ts

But ya I still need some dubs, anyone up to team with the guy who got 4th in singles last time? >_>

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
If anyone is interested in getting some last minute practice before the tournament, we'll be playing in Akron Thursday night at BYAA!'s and Friday evening in Canton at Panera's.

Blue Rogue

Smash Ace
NNID
ValiantVyse
3DS FC
4527-9345-8740
It ain't happening again. >.<
So I herd Peach thinks she got da Wario matchup. All she has is being an anagram for cheap, I got dis.

If anyone is interested in getting some last minute practice before the tournament, we'll be playing in Akron Thursday night at BYAA!'s and Friday evening in Canton at Panera's.
Everyone should totally come to Panera. But, I think, we'll only have one brawl setup by ourselves(lolme).

Just a thought, any chance of ever holding a Brawl+ side event? I would definitely try to bring a setup for it

M@v

Subarashii!
$5 dollar footlongs are so good.

oh yeah, hype.

Ill be wearing a Pittsburgh shirt if you dont know who I am.

wakka444

Smash Ace
blue rogue i wouldnt mind teaming with you either lol wario-diddy is a very solid team since wario is great at killing and keeps air control while diddy takes care of the ground

you may have gotten 4th in singles but i got 2nd in dubs=P

Suyon

Smash Lord
Well...I would like to know if Jiffy is coming. It is impossible to contact him. And if so I would like a ride there if he never manages to reply back to me.

Now to disrupt melee and Brawl for a second. If anyone is interested in BlazBlue I can bring it. I have it for the PS3 and I do not have any sticks. If no one is interested in it I don't have to bother bringing the system then.

I think crews would be quite enjoyable as well...

Blue Rogue

Smash Ace
NNID
ValiantVyse
3DS FC
4527-9345-8740
Now to disrupt melee and Brawl for a second. If anyone is interested in BlazBlue I can bring it. I have it for the PS3 and I do not have any sticks. If no one is interested in it I don't have to bother bringing the system then.
I'd LOVE to play it, although I have never played it before(or even used a PS3 before ahah) and am bleh at GG(^C), the only "traditional" fighter I've played.

blue rogue i wouldnt mind teaming with you either lol wario-diddy is a very solid team since wario is great at killing and keeps air control while diddy takes care of the ground
I still need a partner... Wario + Lucario ftw?
oh noez pressure. I'm thinking I'ma go with the top tire as of nao...
Do the monkey with me! C'mon.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Well...I would like to know if Jiffy is coming. It is impossible to contact him. And if so I would like a ride there if he never manages to reply back to me.

I think crews would be quite enjoyable as well...
I'll try to contact Jiffy on Aib. However, I don't think he mentioned anything about attending this tournament even though I sent him 2 invites so I highly doubt he's coming. If you still need a ride I can talk to sole, bboy, argentstew, or the kiest and see if any of them are swinging by your neck of the woods (Which BTW, I don't know where your neck of the woods is, hit me and the others I mentioned up with an address)

So I herd Peach thinks she got da Wario matchup. All she has is being an anagram for cheap, I got dis.

Everyone should totally come to Panera. But, I think, we'll only have one brawl setup by ourselves(lolme).

Just a thought, any chance of ever holding a Brawl+ side event? I would definitely try to bring a setup for it
I can bring a wii with brawl but probly not a T.V. to panera.

I have thought about doing both crew battles and a Brawl+ side event but time is a big concern here. Usually people are running about an hour late for doubles which means the event doesn't even get started till 1. Running Brawl Doubles, a break for lunch, Brawl Singles Pools, Brawl Singles Bracket, then Melee Singles Bracket leaves absolutely no time.

Skyson

Smash Ace
Who's the other? Why are we not doing Brawl friendlies at Panera? >:[

I thought Zach was going with us. You + me + 'Drew + Zach = 4?

We were going to do Brawl friendlies but you wouldn't stop playing Brawl+ last time. <_<

I would if you didn't lose 2 stocks a minute. lrn2hold stock at least
10ts
._. I no I no, we'll play Brawl dubs and stuff and I'll learn how to actually play instead of shuttle loop suiciding all day long. <_<

I thought you and ITT were teaming, unless I got mixed up in all the horsefeathers going on.

I may not even have the moolah to enter all three events, and if it came down to two I'd cut doubles. Owellz.

Also, tomorrow Panera's in Massillon, 3:00 to 10:00, get there, yeayuhz.

Blue Rogue

Smash Ace
NNID
ValiantVyse
3DS FC
4527-9345-8740
I thought Zach was going with us. You + me + 'Drew + Zach = 4?
We were going to do Brawl friendlies but you wouldn't stop playing Brawl+ last time. <_<
I thought you and ITT were teaming, unless I got mixed up in all the horsefeathers going on.
1. I meant the "other brawl player", hence the bold text.
2.^
3. Dramaz
Also, remote.

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
Are you serious? I've been looking for a partner for how long now, and I'm hanging by a thread on like my last hope here... I've gotten rejected by almost everyone I asked... The only people who haven't said no to me are either thinking about it because he thinks Lucario is awkward with his mains or already have a first preference...

C'mon! Someone has to wanna team with me!

Suyon

Smash Lord
I'd LOVE to play it, although I have never played it before(or even used a PS3 before ahah) and am bleh at GG(^C), the only "traditional" fighter I've played.
So that's one person so far.

I'll try to contact Jiffy on Aib. However, I don't think he mentioned anything about attending this tournament even though I sent him 2 invites so I highly doubt he's coming. If you still need a ride I can talk to sole, bboy, argentstew, or the kiest and see if any of them are swinging by your neck of the woods (Which BTW, I don't know where your neck of the woods is, hit me and the others I mentioned up with an address)
Yeah you see. That's why he's hard to get. He says he goes to AiB for messages but he really never does. So you can never count on him being at AiB.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Are you serious? I've been looking for a partner for how long now, and I'm hanging by a thread on like my last hope here... I've gotten rejected by almost everyone I asked... The only people who haven't said no to me are either thinking about it because he thinks Lucario is awkward with his mains or already have a first preference...

C'mon! Someone has to wanna team with me!
it's like elementary school gym class all over again

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
I'm not even that bad a player... I took 7th here last time (came a utilt from taking 5th), and I placed in the money at the Wings and Brew Champs...

I blame King Yoshi... :p

wakka444

Smash Ace
i think youre a very good player not only compared to the other lucarios but to a lot of other players in general.

i think its just ppl dont really know how to team with him or what he brings to the team

or

it is yoshis fault...

Defqon.1

Smash Rookie
1. I meant the "other brawl player", hence the bold text.
2.^
3. Dramaz
Also, remote.
I actually might get back into Brawl. It might just be my nostalgic sentimentality, but I'll find out tomorrow at Panera's.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Alright, I'm leaving for Cedar Point now... so I won't have internet until Friday night.

I am bringing the following:
POPS
Framerate
Jokey (might not be entering)
Shugo
Me, Myself, and Irene (I like to call myself Irene)

A normal Wii
A B+ Wii.
Dazzle + Laptop
Fun

See ya guys Saturday!

M@v

Subarashii!
Ive always been confused on this. I know Lucario still gets his percent powerup in teams, but His stock powerup, does that go by the team stock compared to the other one? or the ratio? or what?

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
It gets bumped up based on everyone's stocks... If Lucario's teammate is low on stocks, then he gets a moderate aura boost (not as much as if he was low on stocks)... Aura boost works in the opposite way if his opponents are low on stocks...

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Hey guys, i was wondering if we could start melee singles earlier than 7:30 because i have to be at work in columbus at 10pm, meaning i need to leave around 7:30

there are now 2 cars form my crew coming an dim pretty sure that means 2 set ups also, do you think we could start melee around 5:30 - 6:00 on those? We could run a pool on each tv, it would make singles go a lot faster in the long run.

if not i understand!

4% APR

Smash Champion
Hey guys, i was wondering if we could start melee singles earlier than 7:30 because i have to be at work in columbus at 10pm, meaning i need to leave around 7:30

there are now 2 cars form my crew coming an dim pretty sure that means 2 set ups also, do you think we could start melee around 5:30 - 6:00 on those? We could run a pool on each tv, it would make singles go a lot faster in the long run.

if not i understand!
yeah i bet we could do this if we could get a little cooperation from brawlers. We would really only need like 3-4 tvs for melee. The only real problem would be that it would be during brawl singles and if people were doing both i could understand why they wouldnt want to switch back and forth. So i'll just ask, ITT would you have a problem with starting melee earlier for dippn? And to anyone planning on both, would this screw you switching back and forth? If it does speak up, i dont want to hurt anyone's performance.

To beegzorz-someone asked him how luco's auro power thing works in teams

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I'm bringing a tv just so ITT knows so as long as someone brings an extra Wii, we have another setup.

Top Bottom