• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
The sword would make him clumsy due to its weight, making it an ineffective RL weapon against Bowser.

Bowsers claws once again gore his opponent.

Now I leave you with a new avatar I made from scratch and this OHKO to DERPONDORF.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Wait which MU are we discussing? If Peach v. IC was decided then aren't we on Boozer v. Ganon? ICs would win anyway.

justaway12

Smash Master
Oh COME ON :mad:
That was an awful debate!

Please JOE!, re-do that very, VERY bad discussion >.>
Atleast leave them open for more than one post =/
(Talking about Peach vs. Ice Climbers >.>)
No offence, but when you see some people come back for a debate (especially when the discussion is that short >.>), I think you should re-do it, or atleast leave it longer.

Anyway, I forgot Bowsers stats, but if he has fire breath and is stronger, he should win.
That sword looks heavy.

REL38

Smash Lord

No offence, but when you see some people come back for a debate (especially when the discussion is that short >.>), I think you should re-do it, or atleast leave it longer.

Anyway, I forgot Bowsers stats, but if he has fire breath and is stronger, he should win.
That sword looks heavy.
Just keep talking about it as if we're still on that MU. It worked for Ivy and Shiek :p

I explained how Peach would win. A bomb is a deadly item. Most of the rounded looking bombs actually dispersed shrapnel. Throw at both of the climbers and they'll both get heavily wounded. Throw it one and that one's either dead or heavily wounded.

Peach wants to aim the bomb at Popo cuz he'd be more trouble than Nana. Popo is down for the count, Nana goes for Peach with that giant wooden mallet, she swings while Peach dodges. It's big which can make for a strong hit, but with a lot of cooldown because of the weight. Peach capitalizes by stabbing Nana's face with her crown. Stabs till Nana's dead. Takes her mallet to make Popo's face go *splat*.

"Did I win?"

GG's

@Bowser
It's been established he only has one short fire blast due to RL applications and the searing pain.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

That sword looks heavy.

The Peach VS IC's MU wasn't even discussed. Someone said, 2 vs 1, and it literally ended a minute later by JOE.

Adumb said Peach has options.

I gave a scenerio where Peach wins.

Peach should win

Expect him to not redo it, we've complained about him calling match-ups way too early many times, and he's only actually redone it once.

Remember the Zelda/sheik match-up, I love how he combined them AND all the Links without letting anyone but me discuss it with him.

tocador

Smash Lord
Ima skip the IC vs Peach and go to the boozer one.

Boozer cant spit fire, and ganon has the mother of the swords and is really strong.

I cant say anything right now, but im mostly convinced that Ganon will win this fight :D.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Gannon has this hands down even with his outrageous contraptions couldn't match the powers of the Warlock. Gannon can use his magic, strength, and swords. while Bowser only has his fire breath.

justaway12

Smash Master
^^^^^
Sephiroth, this is real life.
That sword looks to big for him, well, at least to be fast and stuff =/

@REL: I don't really know what's left to discuss, TBH, I don't know a lot about the ice climbers, but IIRC they only climber blocks and hit people, I think Peach should win this

payasofobia

Smash Champion
They are 2 very close people against one.

There are many ways in which they could position themselves to put Peach in a huge disadvantage. Not even bombs could help very much.

Just try playing against 2 people of equal skill as you in brawl, with similar characters.

It's impossible to divide our attention on two targets at the same time, and ESPECIALLY if you are an untrained princess.

One of them would distract peach while the other sneaks in some way behind her ( which wouldn't take long), use a rope to grapple her and then it is over.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
So we either:

a) keep discussing it. It worked with the Ivy MU and extended into 2 other MU's. Just keep discussing it.

b) start a riot

c) make our own thread

d) coup d'état. It'll work, I swear :D
a) Problem is, he won't change the results, unless he says we're discussing the match-up, it's irrelevant to the thread.

b) *grabs torch and pitchfork*

c) Or drop this thread entirely, it's actually better if it's determined by a panel IMO. Notice how infrequently I post here these days.

d) Every good coup has to start with an assassination!

edit: Ninja'd
They are 2 very close people against one.

There are many ways in which they could position themselves to put Peach in a huge disadvantage. Not even bombs could help very much.

Just try playing against 2 people of equal skill as you in brawl, with similar characters.

It's impossible to divide our attention on two targets at the same time, and ESPECIALLY if you are an untrained princess.

One of them would distract peach while the other sneaks in some way behind her ( which wouldn't take long), use a rope to grapple her and then it is over.
The bigger concern is that peach has an area that's effectively a dead zone for them, basically all they can do is try to approach and she's got bombs, and one hit from an explosion will maim or kill.

If they get inside together, it's all over of course, but honestly, the bombs definitely are a useful weapon.

And of course, they're short and she's rather tall, so approaching her will take a great deal of time (reletive to the time in a battle of course).

payasofobia

Smash Champion
That's a good idea.

Instead of having one guy close and choose MUs, why don't we choose a few more regular posters to help with the organization and decision making of this thread?

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Double post of necessity.

Still.....isn't it a little late to do that?

How many rounds are there going to be?

Is there going to be another TDB after this one? With more videogame characters?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Double post of necessity.

Still.....isn't it a little late to do that?

How many rounds are there going to be?

Is there going to be another TDB after this one? With more videogame characters?
You can edit your responses in, also, see edit.

There's gonna be a number of match-ups, remember, we need a number of rounds equal to every match-up between every character.

REL38

Smash Lord
The Brawl comparison isn't a good one.

IRL it isn't very difficult to keep tabs one two people. Eyes and ears tell you where they are.

A bomb is a highly effective weapon. It delivers shrapnel along with the explosion. She only needs to pursue Popo and take him out with it. If the IC's decide to stay together, it only makes a larger target. That eliminates Popo.

She can then focus her attention on Nana who would have likely been pursuing her. She dodges the sluggish mallet and crown stabs Nana till she's dead.

It doesn't take a warrior to know how to dodge an attack. She's even helped out Mario so she knows a thing or two about fighting

payasofobia

Smash Champion
You can edit your responses in, also, see edit.

There's gonna be a number of match-ups, remember, we need a number of rounds equal to every match-up between every character.
****, that will take a long time.

The bigger concern is that peach has an area that's effectively a dead zone for them, basically all they can do is try to approach and she's got bombs, and one hit from an explosion will maim or kill.

If they get inside together, it's all over of course, but honestly, the bombs definitely are a useful weapon.

And of course, they're short and she's rather tall, so approaching her will take a great deal of time (reletive to the time in a battle of course).

That's where the distraction comes into place.

They are not going to enter together.

She will kill them in a few rounds, but most of them will be won because of Peach's lack of training and her inability to keep up with 2 climbers.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Because bombs have a low effefctive range, and a high shrapnel range. (15 meters in fact), girls are psychologically hindered in their throwing ability.

Scientists suggested that the inept throwing motion of girls arises from three signature feminine motor traits: self-consciousness, inhibition, and kinetic dis-unity of the body.

"Taken together, our results therefore suggest that given a similar amount of motor training, males benefited more than females in the performance of the trained movement sequences. This effect was age dependent with the male advantage becoming significant in the post-puberty group, the 17-year-old participants. Moreover, males from all three age-groups were found to evolve significantly larger delayed (consolidation phase/between session) gains, and these were well retained for 6 weeks. Thus, the male advantage was most significant in the post-training motor consolidation and retention phase; the current results suggest therefore that males, especially after adolescence, may have an advantage, over females, in procedural memory consolidation."

justaway12

Smash Master
If it was too far, wouldn't she get closer >.>
I don't see what you mean, if she was too far she would get closer, if she was closer she throw bombs at them >.>

And how far would they be? I don't see them standing soo far.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
than his variety of swords are more than a match for this heavy turtle Gannon can just out maneuver Bowser because he is lighter (slightly but still enough) and Bowser has a giant shell on his back how fast do you think you can move with that thing?

justaway12

Smash Master
I think one sword is enough, more than one would just make a lot of them useless and wear him down.

And how fast is Ganon, he has always seemed... bulky >.>

EDIT: Oh, right this Ice Climbers vs. Peach! I almost forgot ;)

JOE!

Smash Hero
LOL BOOSER VS. FAILENDORF!
I gotta check dis out...
lrn 2 not utoob comment, n00b

anywho, sure, ill do a two-fer:

peach vs ic's is still on the table.

Boozer has short burst of fire, and is 10ft, in the area of 2 tons

ganon is around 7ft

also, next round we may as well have a panel seeing as we got a chat group

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
How hard is booser's skin?
If it's darn near metal I gotta pick boozer.
If it's skin then Failendorf no doubt.
And I am not UTube commenting.
You do that when you space every sentance.
As you can see I'm not doing that.
(Lol I just noticed I'm doing that, sorry I'll stop... next sentance)
If Boozer has strong armor how CAN'T he win this? He can kill Ganon with his claws and fire. Ganon has a couple of swords lol. Fire can kill Ganon, no matter how strong he is. It's not human-like.
And how the heck can Peach beat two mountain-climbing trained inuits?

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
With bombs
Where does she get those? She can't "pull them out of the ground".
Heck, even if she could she would need to light them up, unless they blow up by hitting the ground. And if this were the case it probobly wouldn't be powerful, or maybe TOO powerful.

justaway12

Smash Master
She should bring the stuff nessesary, that's common sense, I'm talking about the one in Super Mario RPG, not brawl.

Zelda brings a quiver for her arrows and sheth (sp?) for her sword, why wouldn't Peach bring a bomb bag (or whatever they are) for her bombs?

REL38

Smash Lord
She should bring the stuff nessesary, that's common sense, I'm talking about the one in Super Mario RPG, not brawl.

Zelda brings a quiver for her arrows and sheth (sp?) for her sword, why wouldn't Peach bring a bomb bag (or whatever they are) for her bombs?
Trufax

@Holo

JOE means your posts that are simply vocalizing your thoughts that add nothing to the discussion.

Ex. "lol that's really funny! Lol"

"you're awesome, man!"

"he just owned you!"

It adds nothing to the discussion and can be considered spam that only adds to your post count. Tbh probably half of your posts in this thread consists of this.

@Bowser

He only gets one fire blast. The potency of the fire is something I'm not entirely sure about.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski

This is one thing I dissagree with. I don't think Zelda should have a sheith due to her NOT having a sheith.
Anyway, even so, I wouldn't imagine the ICs wouldn't kill Peach in time. They should be strong due to climbing mountains a lot(daily?).

REL I need to have tru-faxs b4 I post, I'm not going to say "LOL BOOSER HAS STEEL SKIN GANON'S SWORD WONT CUT THROUGH" and just assume that's the answer. I need an answer from JOE! before I post.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
The reason why I posted that it's because bomb's shrapnel go for an effective 15 meters, so if her own body won't let her throw that far, then she could put herself in danger just by using bombs.

http://neuroanthropology.net/2009/02/01/throwing-like-a-girls-brain/

Only girls who trained themselves can out throw a man.

The difference between a man's and a woman throwing abilities are even more wide than the difference in math skills and problem solving.

Girls DO throw like.....well...girls.

justaway12

Smash Master
@HOLOpaw:They still have stubby-ish legs, they wouldn't be that fast, besides, even if they were fast enough, they won't really be that close to each other.

@Payasofbia: She is kinda sort of really atletic, she did participate in a lot of sports.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Take into consideration that women actually have the ability to greatly out-do a man in throwing balls because of their superior flexibility.

But only masculine girls that actually bothered to learn the basics at trowing and trained their muscles can do that.

And yes, but she sucks at all sports related to strenght:

http://www.mariowiki.com/Princess_Peach

Look at her Olympic games stats. Throwing is related to power.

I know, stats, but still SOMEWHAT applies.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
@HOLOpaw:They still have stubby-ish legs, they wouldn't be that fast, besides, even if they were fast enough, they won't really be that close to each other.
If they arn't close to each other, wouldn't that mean if peach kills one then she has to worry about the other?
Or is it that if one dies they both die?
Anyway, they should be able to run fast enough to stop Peach from lighting a bomb.
Peach has no weapon except a bomb, really, so if her bombs fails, she fails.
As for Bowser vs. Ganondorf, I don't think Ganon's sword could pierce through skin as hard a metal, and Bowser's heat would definatly kill Ganon. It will hit if Ganon runs up to Bowser (which is his only choice).
How hot would Bowser's fire be? 1000+ degrees?

payasofobia

Smash Champion
He has no fire.

Or at least, his fire would hurt him too. Not to the extent of Char because of gums, but still....

PEACH MU: point is, if she uses bombs, she is going to kill everyone except maybe the sneaky climber.

Top Bottom