• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
He has no fire.

Or at least, his fire would hurt him too. Not to the extent of Char because of gums, but still....

PEACH MU: point is, if she uses bombs, she is going to kill everyone except maybe the sneaky climber.
I think the Ice Climbers would stay together due to them loving/liking each other.
In this case it would be a tie.
Wouldn't the fire only HURT him though? It would kill ganon no doubt but kill BOWSER? I mean, it's from his mouth not into his body.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Bowser's fire would come out in a spurt, and definatly hurt ganon more if it hits.

Also, he has very resistant skin....but not metal

payasofobia

Smash Champion
If they begin the match not knowing that Peach has bombs, and they are far enough not to be reached by the bombs (fighters usually begin in a position similar to a football camp, albeit smaller) then they would have the time to:

1) set up their plans, not knowing Peach has bombs.

2) Divide

3) popo/nana begins to distract Peach while the other one attacks from another angle

4) Peach throws bomb like a girl

5) Everyone: !

6) ???

7) "Tell me about your sibling"

" .....such a loving person, I....I can't believe .... gone...."

Ice climbers wins because one of them survived the shrapnel.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
He has no fire.

Or at least, his fire would hurt him too. Not to the extent of Char because of gums, but still....

PEACH MU: point is, if she uses bombs, she is going to kill everyone except maybe the sneaky climber.
Not all bombs have massive AOEs, the bombs themselves are far more akin to grenades.

Also, bowser presumably has a heat-resistant false pallet. It would be hurt, but serious injury is unlikely for a creature evolved to spit fire.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
That is the area of effect of a grenade....

Anyway, in the Char MU, we all realized that dragons to be able to breathe fire without probs, actually needed plated mouth insides.

Bowser does not have that in the many images he is in.

JOE!

Smash Hero
the spit fire would possibly a last-resort of sorts, a very deadly but painful to itself manuever

at least he seems more capable of doing an effective spit-fire unlike Zard

REL38

Smash Lord
LOL BOOSER VS. FAILENDORF!
I gotta check dis out...

I mean these type of comments. You post MANY posts like this.

This is one thing I dissagree with. I don't think Zelda should have a sheith due to her NOT having a sheith.
Anyway, even so, I wouldn't imagine the ICs wouldn't kill Peach in time. They should be strong due to climbing mountains a lot(daily?).

REL I need to have tru-faxs b4 I post, I'm not going to say "LOL BOOSER HAS STEEL SKIN GANON'S SWORD WONT CUT THROUGH" and just assume that's the answer. I need an answer from JOE! before I post.
Link/young link has no visible "bomb" pouch, but he was allowed usage of them. The absence of it doesn't mean Link doesn't have them.

The climbers are short. They wouldn't be that fast as the muscle they've built by climbing mountains doesn't exactly translate into leg muscles that go very fast.

Bowser's a reptile. Dino's didn't have steel-hard scales. Bowser's scales could be penetrated from a sword with enough force.

Take into consideration that women actually have the ability to greatly out-do a man in throwing balls because of their superior flexibility.

But only masculine girls that actually bothered to learn the basics at trowing and trained their muscles can do that.

And yes, but she sucks at all sports related to strenght:

http://www.mariowiki.com/Princess_Peach

Look at her Olympic games stats. Throwing is related to power.

I know, stats, but still SOMEWHAT applies.

Looking at her Olympic stats shows that she's very fast. Looking at the baseball stats, it shows that she's got a very good pitching arm.
She may lack in physical power strength, but she can throw stuff with little problem.

Besides, wouldn't tone play some role here?

payasofobia

Smash Champion
This has more to do with her brain...

Scientists suggested that the inept throwing motion of girls arises from three signature feminine motor traits: self-consciousness, inhibition, and kinetic dis-unity of the body.

It's not her body making her throw like a girl.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Ok yeah, ignore me.
anyway Boozer vs. Ganondorf
Turtle shells are made out of carotin, the stuff your fingernails are made out of.
and Ganondorf has armor all over his body (TP) and is very evasive(WW) so the TP one IDK if he'll get incinerated right away, and WW ganon can just dodge it.
OoT ganon sucks so I'm not talking about him.
Peach had bombs?

REL38

Smash Lord
This has more to do with her brain...

Scientists suggested that the inept throwing motion of girls arises from three signature feminine motor traits: self-consciousness, inhibition, and kinetic dis-unity of the body.
Please explain to me how "self-consciousness" and "inhibition" play a role here.

By "inhibition", are you referring to the physical aspect?

I don't see what you're getting at with "self-consciousness".

@Sam

Peach has bombs, but Payas says she can't throw them very far due to "mental constraints".

justaway12

Smash Master
Thing is, isn't power in baseball directed at pitching>.> sorry, I couldn't read the article, I'm very busy so I couldn't even skim and I don't know anything about baseball.

I just assumed from this:
http://neuroanthropology.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/delivery_sequence.jpg?w=375&h=86
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/25/Baseball_pitching_motion_2004.jpg

Besides, your doing her stats from the olympics, that's like comparing hammer-throw to swimming.
I heard everyone was good at the olympics.

EDIT: Paya's are you basing this on pitching?

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
That is the area of effect of a grenade....

Anyway, in the Char MU, we all realized that dragons to be able to breathe fire without probs, actually needed plated mouth insides.

Bowser does not have that in the many images he is in.
As Adum said, a heat-resistant false pallet could help reduce injury to himself when he breathes fire. Its would work similarly to that way an alligator's pallet would keep water from flooding into the lungs, except in Bowser's case it keeps fire from entering his lungs.

Bowser's skin is less like a Dinosaur and more like a Dragon. Its tougher than you give it credit for REL. The biggest weak point is his underside.

If Ganon thinks of attacking from behind, it will be like he is attacking a Spartan's shield, except it is nature-made for defense.

I think I will do this in true Deadliest Warrior Style.

Bowser's (Natural) Arsenal.

Primary Weapon: High Strength Stat.

Long Range Weapon: Fire-breathing.

Short Range Weapon: Claws.

Special Weapon: High-Density Shell.

Ganondorf's Arsenal

Primary Weapon: Strength.

Long Range Weapon: None.

Short Range Weapon: Large Greatsword.

Special Weapon: Gerudo Armor

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Please explain to me how "self-consciousness" and "inhibition" play a role here.

By "inhibition", are you referring to the physical aspect?

I don't see what you're getting at with "self-consciousness".

@Sam

Peach has bombs, but Payas says she can't throw them very far due to "mental constraints".
It's the human psychology. The way you think and work.

You may not realize it, or even may think that this is not a great deal, but the standards, the way kids are raised, the psychological locks society places on them and the way our brain makes us want to fit on groups and look good really affect our motor skills.

This has been proven by scientists in multiple tests. Thanks to these social stigmas MANY girls are underdeveloped when it comes to physical activities. Especially in throwing. Hell, throwing has been proven to be one of the most drastic differences girls have with men.

Girls can't throw for ****. Their brains, their consciousness, everything is made so that they don't throw stuff well. This difference, as shown in that article, is even more severe than the difference in math and proven solving abilities.

Physicaly, girls are programed NOT to risk their bodies or put themselves in danger. Studies have proven this to be true because boys are a LOT more likely to do dangerous stuff than girls. Why? because girls are programed to take a more passive role in our society.

That's what it means in inhibition and self consciousness. For some stupid reason, mother nature saw fit to make girls suck at throwing stuff because of their brains.

Then again, Mother nature also saw it fit to make our body act like ******** puppies in emergencies. Or make a fish that sees above him.

justaway12

Smash Master
Well, I want to know what he is talking about >.>
I didn't have time to read the article, but I want to know if he is talking about pitching.
Peach has the best pitch in Mario Baseball, since I didn't have time to read, I judged from the picture, having just now skiming it, I still think it's about baseball

payasofobia

Smash Champion
I am talking about throwing. Not just baseball.

Like Uncle said, there are different ways to throw something, and most girls suck at all of them.

Not because of their muscles, but because of their brains.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Yup, but they must first stop worrying about their femminity. In the deep way. Going to her roots and taking them all away.

In other words, Peach must act more like a man to do it.

You can see the problem here, right?

UncleSam

Smash Master
I read like over half that article.
you can't "train" yourself out of it, it's developed at an early level like walking/talking. Thing is girls don't use their bodies in strenuous ways (average woman, which peach is) and didn't develop a good connection of her brain to throw in the most optimal way.
thus proving... most girls throw like girls.
she's a princess, she spends her time in a castle, surrounded by toads. she's probably never threw a bomb until she was older, thus having no experience in throwing things.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
And that's why feminists panned super princess peach, calling it sexist by making a stereotypical no-emotional-control bimbo as the main character.

Peach is the least manly, female video game character I have ever know.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Ganondorf is like the most bad*** swordsman I ever rooted for in this thread.
If Ganon thinks of attacking from behind, it will be like he is attacking a Spartan's shield, except it is nature-made for defense.
pssh so? A spartan shield is nothing because he is a spartan

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
REL is getting on me for posting stupid yet Payas posted 2 stupid yoshi pics (that were cute) and that(don't respond to this)

Why the heck wouldn't Bowser use his fire? Yes, it will hurt, but it wont kill him. Man up, Bowser.
Ganon has armor and a sword, but overall I'd imagine Bowser would be stronger.
Bowser has claws, they look like they could do a bit of damage to Ganon, even with Armor on.
How strong is Ganondorf's armor? Is it like Brawl armor or something better?

Bowser can pick Ganondorf and throw him/slam him down into the ground (if he's huge anyway).
Can Bowser turn around quick and slice someone with his shell? Or are the spikes on the shell like the ones normal turtles >.>?

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Yes, but Bowser is almost Twice as big and strong as him.

Really, he will just hit the sword out of his hands and proceed to eat him.

UncleSam

Smash Master
any charging approach by bowser would leave him open to be stabbed in the heart/head by a big*** sword.

REL38

Smash Lord
@Beren

Except dragons don't exist. We can't base a skin resistence of an animal by which we have NO idea of their actual physical propterties.

And you can't base such things off that documentary. I watched that a few years ago as well, but all in all, it's all theory with little evidence backing it up.

We could draw the basic theory of fire breathe from that, but after applying RL aspects to it we found out that high levels of flames aren't possible.

Same can apply to Bowser. We compare his skin to that of a croc or komodo dragoon. Maybe even a dino.

@Payas

I believe you're grossly exagerating the limitations girls have when it comes to throwing.
Can the average girl throw a football over 20 feet?
Most can while others can't.

Peach is a grown woman, probably in her 20's, and plays sports such as Tennis, Baseball, Golf and Basketball.

Playing this many sports would allow for her to be above the "average girl" in performance.
Those studies apply more so to the "average girl", being one's that probably don't regularly play any form of physical activity.

True, Peach is a royal dignitary, but the fact she plays a wide variety of sports is what takes her out of the "average girl" category and allows for a performance greater than the study suggests. I'm not saying she can lift 199 lbs, but rather she can throw much better than the "average girl".

justaway12

Smash Master
And that's why feminists panned super princess peach, calling it sexist by making a stereotypical no-emotional-control bimbo as the main character.

Peach is the least manly, female video game character I have ever know.
Well, feminist's suck!

But seriously, that's not the point I'm trying to make, I'm trying to say it is possible to act like a man if she can change her personality so easily, besides, she was never faminine in the comics.

But she was a ***** there so I don't like the comic Peach

I didn't her as much at times like that, maybe it's just me, but I perfer characters so nice that they pass the point of realism =/

Top Bottom