• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
@REL

Funny you mention canines since they can be trained to stand on two legs as part of trick. Lucario could have learned to try and balance himself on two feet on his own if it was the best way for him to fight.

In the absence of this, there are still his "fist-ppikes" he has that he could use to maybe backhand Yoshi in the head with after a lunge. Hell, that one on his chest could be dangerous if all of them are sharpened in some way. With a grinding stone of some type.

No Aura for Lucario, that I am in agreement with...or am I? World History really does come in handy when you have an interesting teacher.

He showed us something having to do with a person's spiritual aura (I did this on my brother and it actually worked! He is many times stronger than I am!).

What you do is have a person put their arms out as if standing like a cross. Then tell them to resist you as you try to push them down. They do so. Now take your hand cut them in half with it all the way down to the feet down the middle.

Tell your subject to put their arms out. Low and behold, they cannot resist you pushing your arms down.

So perhaps Lucario having the ability to disrupt an opponent's spiritual aura isn't as far-fetched as it sounds?
That's biology, specifically osteology and neurology.

Both account for a great deal of the spiritual aura in the world.

Honestly, take every martial arts concept from ninja magic (any of the various types attributed to ninjas) to manipulating other people's chi and I can explain it in raw scientific terms.

Great ideas, and amazing that a lot of these things were so consistent, but their explanation was total BS.

REL38

Smash Lord

Crap.

Body has the same weight as the head.

x_______x

Oh well.

Yoshi can't move. Done and done.

New MU.

@Beren

Aura wouldn't work. You control something that doesn't exist. It's just something made up to teach a philosophy.

Chi, mana, power level. All the same made up stuff.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
It was a hard-fought battle.
REL was putting up a fight.
She's good at debating. Other then the fact she doesn't listen!

JOE!

Smash Hero
according to Myamoto, Mario is originally supposed to be 4'11", that is why Wario was stated being 5'3"ish.

the original art for an adult yoshi

the one in brawl is very cartoony

(just putting this out there)

EDIT:

1) do not ask where I am in this thread, i will then purposley LURK SLOWER.

You can allways look me up, and check my status to see if Im readin previous pages, etc

2) HOLO, stop posting youtube comment quality posts

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Every Yoshi supporter gave up.
End this JOE!, there isn't anyone debating anymore.

I don't know what gender REL38 is.
She has these girly avatars and such........ I was figuring she has female..... right?

JOE!

Smash Hero
truth, yoshis arent known for fighting really.

Anyways, yoshi is alot bigger than what we've said here

(going back to :yoshi: vs :ivysaur:, we concluded he was like 6ft 200lbs? o_O)

JOE!

Smash Hero
That's one of the reasons.

But just in case we are flexible: Wait.
yeah, the reason Luc couldnt kick Wario's *** was due to size...and while he may not be heavier...he is -bigger- than wario <.<

EDIT:

Holo, learn to add somethign constructive instead of these Youtube quality posts :mad:

Hell, even TOC dissed you for it, and thats TOC!

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789
Wait. Yoshi is 6ft. 200 lbs? That either makes him a monster compared to lucario and breathes new life into the MU, or makes his head an anchor.

Random: Yoshi is looking at mario like herbert from family guy looks at chris.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
yeah, the reason Luc couldnt kick Wario's *** was due to size...and while he may not be heavier...he is -bigger- than wario <.<

EDIT:

Holo, learn to add somethign constructive instead of these Youtube quality posts :mad:

Hell, even TOC dissed you for it, and thats TOC!

Yoshi really doesn't have any means of fighting against Luke.

His mouth is way too small to eat Lucario, lacks teeth, lacks claws, lacks muscles etc.

In short, he has no means to defend himself besides body slams, and Luke's moves can go around this.

Yoshi sucks.

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789

His mouth is way too small to eat Lucario, lacks teeth, lacks claws, lacks muscles etc.

In short, he has no means to defend himself besides body slams, and Luke's moves can go around this.

Yoshi sucks.
Yoshi may suck, but it really depends how his weight is divided. If it allows him to move his head, if he gets lucky he could head-slam lucario from with a much heavier head and potentially crush him.
Still don't think it's gonna happen, though.

EDIT: Joe wants to sig that...I feel special.:******:

JOE!

Smash Hero
oh, also:

yoshi from sunshine is a hatchling

But, regardless, i dont see him putting up much of a fight against something as agressive as Luc.

time to call it folks?

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace

Yoshi sucks.
Wait, what about Yoshi's tongue? That is physically possible in real life. He logically have a tongue similar to that of a chameleon, since it is the only reptile (that I know of) that shares that trait with Yoshi.

REL38

Smash Lord
sweet, Rel is lesbian
You guys are so dense.

You honestlly think a chick would be able to stick around these MU's for the last 600 pages?
No girl would bother with something like this. Not even a lesbian.

The last avatar was cuz I joined a user group. The rest are cuz she's my favourite animated character. Period.

Admit it, this avatar is pimp.

@Beren

The tongue wouldn't do anything useful.

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789
Wait, what about Yoshi's tongue? That is physically possible in real life. He logically have a tongue similar to that of a chameleon, since it is the only reptile (that I know of) that shares that trait with Yoshi.
A tongue. Rawr. I'll lick you to death.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
@Beren

Aura wouldn't work. You control something that doesn't exist. It's just something made up to teach a philosophy.

Chi, mana, power level. All the same made up stuff.[/COLOR]
Why do I get the feeling my posts aren't being read...

They're not made up so much as bad explanations for actual observable testable phenomena. An interesting point is that they actual provide a rather reasonably consistent explanation for circumstances the majority of the time.

The thing is, the processes which they're supposed to control are more readily explained via biology and they're not applicable outside their field.

You guys are so dense.

You honestlly think a chick would be able to stick around these MU's for the last 600 pages?
No girl would bother with something like this. Not even a lesbian.

The last avatar was cuz I joined a user group. The rest are cuz she's my favourite animated character. Period.

Admit it, this avatar is pimp.
Yay sexism!

payasofobia

Smash Champion
These are 2 mountain climbers vs a princess in a frilly dress who has NEVER used anything more than a parasol as a weapon.

No questions asked, ICs win.

Bowser, Ganon, Squirtle, Pichu, Mewtwo and Falco.

None of these people are comparable to Bowser, except perphaps Falco if we follow my Sniper advice. Pichu can't fight with squirtle because we already did that. Mewtwo sucks bullocks,

Anyway, my mini-tier list:

Uber:
Bowser
Falco (sniper)

High:
Falco(buffed laser)
Ganon

Low:
Mewtwo
Falco(no sniper and real laser)

****:
Squirtle
Pichu

Anyway, these last MUs are going to be a series of big jokes. And I just hope we don't solve this with yet another canon match.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Pichu and Squirtle were axed due to not having anyone else to fight but themselves again, and new MU soon....and yeah, there is gonna be a traditional canon MU :lick:

payasofobia

Smash Champion
If you are gonna do another canon MU, don't choose Mewtwo.

Really, none of these guys are a match against him in a canon match. They will just get *****. Same for Falco, although at a much smaller scale.

Bowser vs Ganon is the best option considering:

Canon: Mewtwo>>>>>>>>Falco>>>>>>>Ganon?Bowser.

Anyway, regarding this MU, I think they will all agree with me. Peach has no chance against ANYONE.....except Sonic and the puffballs.

JOE!

Smash Hero
peach allready lost, we're on Ganon vs Bowser

and if you look at the OP, the only MU left is Mewtwo vs Falco....but falco gets some help ;)

Rialdospaldacht

Smash Journeyman
Bah.

No amount of my fanboyism for Ganondorf will convince me he'll win in this fight.

Wasn't Boozer decided to be immune to friggin' firearms with his scales? He's about a foot taller, a crapload wider, and a lot stronger and more durable. Besides the people with guns, Bowser's like the only opponent Ganondorf can't beat.

Eh, at least it was to Bowser. If he doesn't win TDB, there's something wrong with Joe.

On a related note, if Ganondorf places below anyone who doesn't have a gun, isn't Bowser, or isn't a gorilla, I'm gonna be mad.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
These are 2 mountain climbers vs a princess in a frilly dress who has NEVER used anything more than a parasol as a weapon.
Peach has bombs, and impromptu weapons.

Her major issue is lack of training.

Anyway, regarding this MU, I think they will all agree with me. Peach has no chance against ANYONE.....except Sonic and the puffballs.
Nah, with her psycho bombs (basically, well... bombs), she should be able to beat out characters that don't really have ranged options.

peach allready lost, we're on Ganon vs Bowser

and if you look at the OP, the only MU left is Mewtwo vs Falco....but falco gets some help ;)
There you go again, deciding match-ups WAY too fast.

Peach has options, it's worth some consideration before giving ICs the win, since ICs, while fit, aren't particularly skilled fighters.

REL38

Smash Lord
Throw bomb at Popo resulting in his death or serious injury. Nana will close in for attack for vendeta which clouds judgement. Nana swings while Peach dodges and overpowers Nana. Takes off crown to stab away at Nana's face, thusly killing her. Takes Nana's mallet to masacre Nana's head and does the same to Popo to guarantee a victory.

"This was fun"

GG's

Top Bottom