• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

JOE!

Smash Hero
as for the backdraft protector:

has anyone seen inside his mouth when he breathes fire?

we have no proof that he doesnt have on either >_>

as we mentioned earlier, a creature evolved to spit fire would have stuff like this...

also: could his metal arm bands block a sword? :p

Rialdospaldacht

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure his freaking skin/scales could block a sword well enough.

Also, yes, given the maneuverability and thought to do so, I don't see why he couldn't block it with his arm bands.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I'm pretty sure his freaking skin/scales could block a sword well enough.

Also, yes, given the maneuverability and thought to do so, I don't see why he couldn't block it with his arm bands.
true his scales are tough. but I don't see them not being cut up by a sword your making Bowser out to be invincible

Edit: sorry for double post and I took off all my sigs

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I have a question. Why is Bowser allowed his fire, while Ganon's not allowed his magic?

justaway12

Smash Master
Because we don't know what Bowser,there is no such thing as koopas, beside, his fire isn't a last resort, we can atleast compare Ganon to a human... or a pig (or so I've heard), but that would also be impossible

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Because we don't know what Bowser,there is no such thing as koopas, beside, his fire isn't a last resort, we can atleast compare Ganon to a human... or a pig~ (or so I've heard), even though that's still impossible
There's no such things as Warlords either. If Bowser's allowed his fire just because you guys think "there's no such thing as koopas" then that same rule should apply for Ganon's magic as well.

UncleSam

Smash Master
well magic is an unexplainable phenomenon, fire is more realistic, though the chances of an animal being able to reproduce fire at will is slim to none it's still more plausible than magic.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
First off, If we go by the sword he had in OoT, The sword is as almost as big as him. For him to swing it as swiftly as one may think isn't so real. TP Ganon has a weak sword; Bowser would use it as a toothpick. Only WW Ganon has a chance with his swords. Next, Bowser doesn't have to just rely on his fire breath. His claws, teeth, and horns all will kill easily. Also, Bowser>Ganon in strength. Add his scales (he's 10 ft; imagine the armor on a turtle and make it 10 ft) will be very resistant to the sword(s). And all Ganon has going for him is his sword. which leads me to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU_YCZqgcOc

This is roughly what will happen if Ganon tries to use it against him. Bowser is also strong enough to snap his sword and his arm. Armor or no armor, Bowser can just knock his sword out of the way, grab him, and own Ganon with any variety of attacks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEH0IB-dflI&feature=PlayList&p=A7BBC8B0F76CBC47&index=92
This is the only way Ganon would defeat Bowser.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkChf63Q0aQ&feature=PlayList&p=A7BBC8B0F76CBC47&index=97
This is what Bowser will do to Ganon in RL.

As far as Peach v. ICs, ICs have hammers and their rope. They also scale mountains together and lift each other so it's safe to say they both are in shape. With these, they can split up, overwhelm Peach and her bombs, tie her up, and cleat her face, beat her w/ hammers, ect. Peach also has on gloves, a dress (bigger than Zeldas), and heels. She also doesn't have the muscle to throw long range nor the CQC skills to fight at least one IC.

REL38

Smash Lord
There's no such things as Warlords either. If Bowser's allowed his fire just because you guys think "there's no such thing as koopas" than that same rule should apply for Ganon's magic as well.
There was this scientific documentary about, "What if Dragons Existed!?"

That explained what dragons would be like. It also gave a reasoning about breathing fire.

That reasoning was broken down for the Charizard MU, but it was found that Charizard can't really breathe fire.

Too much heat would kill him from the inside. Same applies to Bowser.

It has to do with this extra bladder or w/e, but there is some scientific reasoning behind it.

Magic has no scientific reasoning behind it, especially when it varies greatly in all aspects of it.

@Nova

Those hammers are huge. The climbers are probably 3 ft. in height. They can probably lift it, but swinging it would be sluggish with plenty of cooldown lag leaving them very open.

Peach underhand throws/rolls/spins and tosses the bomb to Popo and he dies. She dodges Nana's easily dodgible hammer and stabs her face repeatively.

The IC's are strong, but their height hinders muscle development to allow for them to weild the hammer with much use.

It's like Peach is fighting two ******* with oversized mallets while she has some bombs.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
There was this scientific documentary about, "What if Dragons Existed!?"

That explained what dragons would be like. It also gave a reasoning about breathing fire.

That reasoning was broken down for the Charizard MU, but it was found that Charizard can't really breathe fire.

Too much heat would kill him from the inside. Same applies to Bowser.

It has to do with this extra bladder or w/e, but there is some scientific reasoning behind it.

Magic has no scientific reasoning behind it, especially when it varies greatly in all aspects of it.
I'm quite sure that there's some scientific reasoning behind magic as there is behind dragons.

And, Bowser is a dragon how? Too me he looks somewhat like a giant alligator with spikes, which doesn't at all resemble dragons.

Edit: Didn't mean to double post.

justaway12

Smash Master
@Nova: Peach has more than a dress, she has been shown to be an amazing pitcher, and change her mood, she can act manly enough to throw well, if the IC's split she can just target one of them, and then the other, and wouldn't a bigger dress mean more room? Not that it matters, since she has been known to change

@Ray_Kalm:Isn't human Ganon's race? Bowser is a Koopa, nobody knows what Koopas are.

REL38

Smash Lord
@Ray

Let me give you an example:

The process of magic is too vastly different.
To create a flame, enchantation is required.
To create a flame, fancy hand movements is required.
To create a flame, you "focus" and it appears.
To create a flame, you need a "mystical" item.
To create a flame, you're "born" with the ability.
To create a flame, you just stand there and it appears.

There is no scientific way that magic can work because it works in the most BS of ways sometimes.

Ganon is no exception.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
@Nova: Peach has more than a dress, she has been shown to be an amazing pitcher, and change her mood, she can act manly enough to throw well, if the IC's split she can just target one of them, and then the other, and wouldn't a bigger dress mean more room? Not that it matters, since she has been known to change
So what? Peach isn't a fighter and she it trying to kill someone, not throw a fastball. And even if we entertain the fact she's C.C. Sabathia, she will not be able to throw a bomb at two moving targets. And if you claim she'll follow one of them then she's a fool. They have cleats while she has heels. How effective is she going to be while running in a ballroom dress? And I've been in many cotillions; a ballroom dress limits what you can do greatly as far as maneuverability. If she follows then the other IC can follow and club her with the hammer.

Ganon won't be an idol trophy in RL.
I know that. But all of that would still happen once Ganon loses his sword.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
@Ray_Kalm:Isn't human Ganon's race? Bowser is a Koopa, nobody knows what Koopas are.
No. Ganon's a gerudo, and the only male in his race. http://www.zeldawiki.org/Gerudo

@Ray

Let me give you an example:

The process of magic is too vastly different.
To create a flame, enchantation is required.
To create a flame, fancy hand movements is required.
To create a flame, you "focus" and it appears.
To create a flame, you need a "mystical" item.
To create a flame, you're "born" with the ability.
To create a flame, you just stand there and it appears.

There is no scientific way that magic can work because it works in the most BS of ways sometimes.

Ganon is no exception.
True enough, but you didn't answer the bottom part of my question.

How is Bowser a dragon? To me he looks somewhat like a giant alligator who has a shell with spikes, which doesn't resemble dragons at all.

justaway12

Smash Master
So what? Peach isn't a fighter and she it trying to kill someone, not throw a fastball. And even if we entertain the fact she's C.C. Sabathia, she will not be able to throw a bomb at two moving targets. And if you claim she'll follow one of them then she's a fool. They have cleats while she has heels. How effective is she going to be while running in a ballroom dress? And I've been in many cotillions; a ballroom dress limits what you can do greatly as far as maneuverability. If she follows then the other IC can follow and club her with the hammer.
You said she can't throw a bomb. I said she could
She has more than one bomb.
And she doesn't have to be in her Brawl dress, she could be in her sports/strickers outfit.
Peach has been shown to be either fast or technical/skillful in her games, I'm sure she could run away from little kids

Oh and Ice climbers fought less times than Peach.
They fought in one game, she fought in four

UncleSam

Smash Master
And she doesn't have to be in her Brawl dress, she could be in her sports/strickers outfit.
Peach has been shown to be either fast or technical/skillful in her games, I'm sure she could run away from little kids
how can she carry more than one bomb? without somewhere to hold them?

payasofobia

Smash Champion
No. Ganon's a gerudo, and the only male in his race. http://www.zeldawiki.org/Gerudo

True enough, but you didn't answer the bottom part of my question.

He can breathe fire in his games, and a documentary explained how it could work IRL.

But why argue about fire if the only think bowser can do without harming himself is to blind Ganon for a short time....short enough to rush him while he is defenseless, blind person without monkey rage to help him...

Really, what will fire do?

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Ok so she can come out in what she has in your avatar. She still cannot take on two people simultaneously. And she cannot throw bombs well; that's what I meant to put. She can be technical all she wants but numbers account for themselves. Heck, In sports teamwork beats talent all the time. Now account the fact that ICs demonstrate teamwork like no other in Smash and the low curtain in talent Peach has and there's your verdict.

REL38

Smash Lord
Bowser's not a dragoon, per say, but since he's a reptile and also happens to breathe fire.

The concept of Bowser breathing fire was, at first, ignored. But it was brought up during the Round 3 Charizard MU. The concept given by the documentary was taken and broken down to see if it could actually work. It was found out that Charizard could breathe fire, but only one short blash due to the searing pain it would cause him.

The same applies to Bowser as the same concept can be given to him only because he's:

1. A reptile

2. Breathes fire in his games

If Bowser lacked any of the two, then he'd have no way of doing so.

@Nova

******'s with oversized hammers

VS

Tall blonde girl with bombs

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Anyway, this MU is taking a little too long.

We said Bowser was 10 ft high, and that ganon was 6 ft high.

The size difference is quite large....

justaway12

Smash Master
Ok so she can come out in what she has in your avatar. She still cannot take on two people simultaneously. And she cannot throw bombs well; that's what I meant to put. She can be technical all she wants but numbers account for themselves. Heck, In sports teamwork beats talent all the time. Now account the fact that ICs demonstrate teamwork like no other in Smash and the low curtain in talent Peach has and there's your verdict.
My avatar is Toadette o_O
she could take one of them out, as REL said, their hammers are bigger than them, they could carry it, but not be as quick.

I only added that technical bit because I didn't want someone to correct me.

Your right, the ICs show sooo much teamwork (Even though I'm pretty sure they never did in their games), they are so close, if one of them dies, the other is sure to get angry and lose all common sense.

And why can't she throw the bombs well? She has to aim and throw right? Like baseball?

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Bowser's not a dragoon, per say, but since he's a reptile and also happens to breathe fire.

The concept of Bowser breathing fire was, at first, ignored. But it was brought up during the Round 3 Charizard MU. The concept given by the documentary was taken and broken down to see if it could actually work. It was found out that Charizard could breathe fire, but only one short blash due to the searing pain it would cause him.

The same applies to Bowser as the same concept can be given to him only because he's:

1. A reptile

2. Breathes fire in his games

If Bowser lacked any of the two, then he'd have no way of doing so.

@Nova

******'s with oversized hammers

VS

Tall blonde girl with bombs
Where has any reptile, aside from dragons (assuming dragons are reptiles if they were real), breathe fire before? Nowhere.

It was found out that Charizard could breathe fire, but only one short blash due to the searing pain it would cause him.

That would mean he'd barely be able to breathe fire (if it were to be true), thus not affecting the match-up as much.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
she could take one of them out, as REL said, their hammers are bigger than them, they could carry it, but not be as quick.

Your right, the ICs show sooo much teamwork (Even though I'm pretty sure they never did in their games), they are so close, if one of them dies, the other is sure to get angry and lose all common sense.

And why can't she throw the bombs well? She has to aim and throw right? Like baseball?
Because of feminity.

Anyway, you are confusing sledgehammers:

http://rentlaw.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/sledgehammer.jpg

With mallets:

http://isaacsondesign.biz/acme/images/products/thumbs/mallet.jpg

Wooden mallets weight 1250 grams. That's less than 3 pounds, some even less.

REL38

Smash Lord
@Ray

Neither are there giant turtle/dino/Komodo Dragoon IRL.
It's something that's allowed for the soul factor that he can in both aspects of the word.

1. He can in his games

2. He can because there's scientific reasoning behind it.

Bowser would only do so in a close range, but it'd cause him great pain which is why he would only do so in close range (like 3-4 feet, at best).

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
The Peach Vs. Ice Climbers discussion is over, Joe has already put up the winner, so stop debating.

Nova9000

Smash Lord

Lol. I meant the thing in your signature. We can give Peach that but she still won't throw them well. Bombs are not grenades. Actually, let me break it down:
Peach would have to a. Light the bomb. b. Aim at two moving targets. c. Aim at one of them. d. watch her back the entire time for the other IC. e. Get rid of the bomb before it explodes. f. Throw at the IC. g. Light another bomb.

She has to do a lot of these simultaneously. Unlike Zelda or ZSS, who have experience of fighting under stressful situations, Peach only gets kidnapped under stress. She lacks the experience and the mental toughness to keep both ICs at bay, manage how the bombs detonate, aim at the IC effectively, and manage not to get tired. It will not happen.

justaway12

Smash Master
Because of feminity
If she can change her emotions so willy-nilly in Super Princess Peach, It's perfectly possible for her to act manly, besides she isn't always feminine =/, she was all action-y in the comics, not feminine at all, but she was a ***** so I didn't like her.

With mallets:

How big are the IC's and how big is that mallet?

@Nova: That wouldn't take that much time, except for lighting it, second she wouldn't have to aim at to moving targets, she can just concentrate on one, third, the ICs have quite stubby legs, I doubt they could run that fast, the IC aren't some super-duper plotting machines! They're just kids, if she gets one, because they have amazing teamwork (as you said yourself) adding to the fact they're just kids, they probably wouldn't handle the loss and get emotional and stuff.

@Ray: He said it could go on, Peach vs. ICs that is

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
1. He can in his games

2. He can because there's scientific reasoning behind it.
So wait, Ganon's immortal in his games, does that mean that he's immortal in RL? No, it doesn't.

Dragons, especially those who could breathe fire, are science fiction creatures, meaning that they DO NOT exist. Same thing goes for beings with immortality.

REL38

Smash Lord
Because of feminity.

With mallets:

Too bad those things are also the size of normal tool hammers.
IC's have two giant wooden mallets. Not two little wooden hammers.

@Nova

******* with oversized hammers is a greater hinderance if you ask me.
They start off a good distance away. Peach lights a bomb and aims at Popo.
You know how they toss those metal balls/disks in the Olympics?

Peach can do the same manuever to increase distance. The Olympic game said she has a good amount of skill which can explain how she has the know how to do so.

@Ray

Immortality has no scientific reasoning behind it.
Breathing fire does.

Deal with it.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546

@Ray

Immortality has no scientific reasoning behind it.
Breathing fire does.

Deal with it.
Dragons breathing fire has a scientific reasoning behind it. Other reptiles breathing fire does not. Also, is religious reasoning allowed here? If so, then Ganon is a immortal. I don't see why it shouldn't be allowed. It's alot like scientific reasoning, it provides you the proof of existence.

I want to see what Joe says about this.

Top Bottom