• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TA Presents: *Pound* V 2 DAYS !Pools Posted at www.vgbootcamp.com BRING SETUPS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTL17

Smash Lord
I assume 2/4 make it out?
What of the the ones of size 5? 2/5 or 3/5?
Edit: forget it, I saw on page 467. It's 3/5.

Also, Pool 47 is 3 MD/VA, two of which went to the same university, and then Vectorman.

Cobalt

Smash Journeyman
Huh, looking at pools, a friend of mine who registered isn't shown in a pool. His tag is Laudandus, and he's shown as registered for both singles and doubles in the OP, but he hasn't been given a pool.

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
i have no idea who any of these people are (except for rayneX)

Pool 17

Darklite
Malfunkshun
Raynex
Steamedfish
tafokints

Bones0

Smash Legend
I assume 2/4 make it out?
What of the the ones of size 5? 2/5 or 3/5?
Edit: forget it, I saw on page 467. It's 3/5.
Voodoo says it's top 3 (that's what Brawl is, so I figured that anyway), and the pools of 4 will probably just have players added who register at the venue.

Laijin

Smash Hero
MD/VA has almost 70 people going though. With 48 pools, almost everyone in MD/VA is going to have another local in their pool. If you are just talking in general then I would agree. Like the pool with 3 people from NC just seems weird. It doesn't seem like it'd be THAT hard to at least take one of them and swap them with a player from another pool of relatively equal skill.
I mean yea MD/VA is understandable. But thats not the biggest issue there. There are a ton of pools with like..2-3 people from the same region and I'm sure they don't have enough players coming from those regions to fill all the pools up.
I mean dividing the pools up by skill is important, but dividing them up by region is even more important.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
wow, all these no name bad people like roneblaster entering melee. money match bad kid?

If somebody doesnt show up to their pool can I take their spot? Either that or somebody gimme 20 bucks to enter melee, Im pretty sure Ill get out of 1st round pools.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
I haven't looked through the thread to see if anyone said this yet, mostly because this thread moves to freaking fast, BUT!

if you have any matches you want to be recorded from pools, then you probably should say something on VGbootcamp.com

Especially for those of you who aren't going, and think certain matches will be worth recording etc. [lol fragment] >_<

They have up a recording sched, and I'm sure they will be willing to change it if some matches generate enough interest [HDL v UUAA is currently one hopefully being Added]

Bones0

Smash Legend
By the time you're done reading this, this thread will have at least 2 more pages.[/QUOTE]

I applaud your trolling efforts, good sir. Luckily for me, I had seen that email convo before so I just skimmed to remember it. I pity the poor souls that attempt to stay current on this thread after you thoroughly demolished their attention span.

Also, I still wanted to make sure:
The Samus player 3 = III = knihT, right? >_>
[color=#1d1d1d]dat research![/color]

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
hey guys, don't forget to make an account on the VGBootCamp site! Thanks!

Pandu!

Smash Cadet
Dang, so hyped! My first ever big smash event and i'm fighting hungrybox in melee and mew2king in brawl.
...i'm gonna get ***** lol

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
"Nicknyte says that Bolt, Poehlcat, and Gear will lose and have an early ticket home.

HOWEVER.

I challenge Unknown522 to PICHU DITTOS!" - Nicknyte

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
With the help of the guys running Pound 5 and some of the entrants, I'd like to start recording the data/history/metagame of Project M from its origin (which starts right now).

I recently wrote this series on my blog about metagames.
http://critical-gaming.squarespace.com/blog/2011/1/28/metagame-meditations-pt1.html

I want to put a solid effort into being Project M's historian, but I can't do it alone.

If vids are recorded of the Project M tournament (as many as possible) that would be very helpful. In the meantime, I can have the online surveys and data-dumping system in place by the weekend.

Thanks.

Hack

Smash Journeyman
Armada just left the building to take the bus to Arlanda (swedish main airport). Me and leffen have given him all the training he needs to win this =)
If he plays like he did today (night), he's sure to make people vomit, throw their controllers and quit smash.

rhan

Smash Hero
Yeah that's pretty lame. Plus it would kinda make things a little unfair cuz they could possibly rig the pool to where they'd all make it to second round (not saying they would but it's another convincing way to move them around).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom