• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TA Presents: *Pound* V 2 DAYS !Pools Posted at www.vgbootcamp.com BRING SETUPS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
would people read the god damn thread?

each stream would cost around $300. it's not an issue of quality, it's an issue of money.
A few (hundred) posts back now.... I was actually offering/asking... if anyone wanted it... I have those internet cards that let me stream....on an estimate.. it would cost me around $150 for a stream on my laptop using my card... since it uses about 4mb per minute for stream....

of course though NEARLY everyone ignored me/the post... so I didn't know what to do.... I wanted to know what Plaink's thoughts were.. (and still do) but if it's not even gonna be worth it.. or if i'm just gonna be ignored again.. there's really no point...

Im just tryna help those of you who sadly can't attend.....nothin more.. :_:

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
So if Plank is that adamant about not having a livestream (why not livestream and record btw? It's not like that's revolutionary, lots of tournaments have done this). Why did Tant specify which pools you would like to see livestreamed? Gets me confused.

Also If this is about video quality I say don't bother. I don't know anyone who actually makes a point about a brawl match not being available in HD.
Because I was going to stream via my phone, but plank has some obligations and can't let me atm.

So we'll do what we can. I wasn't aware I couldn't do this until today, so that's why i made that post.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
A few (hundred) posts back now.... I was actually offering/asking... if anyone wanted it... I have those internet cards that let me stream....on an estimate.. it would cost me around $150 for a stream on my laptop using my card... since it uses about 4mb per minute for stream....

of course though NEARLY everyone ignored me/the post... so I didn't know what to do.... I wanted to know what Plaink's thoughts were.. (and still do) but if it's not even gonna be worth it.. or if i'm just gonna be ignored again.. there's really no point...

Earlier post:

Originally Posted by V3ctorMan View Post
Here it's this thing...

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...ndingMethod=rr

I'm obviously not using it right now.. because prepaid ones come with a set amount... of data... I'm able to use....also... connection will depend variant on location....

It's 3G for sure... but it's pretty good....n_n;

Ummmm yeah.. lol so i can't tell what the speed is now... but w/these specs does it qualify?

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0

well if it makes you feel better, I read your post about that.

<3

EDIT:: in retrospect, I recall plank saying that stream rights are reserved for VGBC and it's up to them if they want to stream.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro

Earlier post:
I bet most people just didn't feel it was there place to respond to it, like I did.
I hope they take you up on your offer if it's simply too much to pay for wifi... Though i am confused as to why all these people paying for hotel rooms wouldn't have access to the wifi for a trivial price/free.

And wow, that's a lot of money... I think if we/you got that money, it should go towards the stream fund anyway.
But really, this is bull**** that people paying for rooms, much less the person PAYING FOR THE VENUE do not have access to the wifi.

Be cool if we made an event out of it, though. MMing for donations lol

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
@ESAM: My main's Mario.

@Pool23: (My pool) Let's get mad fun games in, generate hype & be on the new ****.

Shout-outs to all the Mario mains going & everyone else going!

Honestly, I appreciate all the help I can get (NAKAT, Will, Jtls, Kirin just to name a few) but if I lose it's my fault (no one else) so I'll correct my mistakes & come back even better. Let's go!
letsa goooooooooo

rhan

Smash Hero
would people read the god damn thread?

each stream would cost around $300. it's not an issue of quality, it's an issue of money.
A donation of 2 dollars from every Melee player in the building would cover that easy.

Also why the hell do we have to rely on VGBC for our stream? Why DO they actualy matter if people FROM the community are going to offer to do it themselves? That fact infuriates me.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Don't know about you guys, but over here you can get 16Mbit/s 3G with unlimited traffic for $40 (per month, but you wouldn't need it longer than that).
While the upspeed may go as low as 0.5Mbit/s in practise, it will handle a stream.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
A donation of 2 dollars from every Melee player in the building would cover that easy.

Also why the hell do we have to rely on VGBC for our stream? Why DO they actualy matter if people FROM the community are going to offer to do it themselves? That fact infuriates me.
I couldn't agree more.

idea

Smash Master
meh, if vectorman is allowed to stream then i'll pitch in for that, otherwise i guess not.

the pound 4 video thread is still stickied. that's pretty cool.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Only thing i care about atm... are these hotel parties.

HAPPENING OR NAH?

ANTi_

Smash Hero
dude its a good *** hotel, no party, unless you wanna get kicked out of course.

I guess after Pound, it wouldnt matter ;)
Ally been WhiteKnighting lately.

We partied at the Hyatt at Apex, relax with ya white knighting ***.

WE OUT

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Don't know about you guys, but over here you can get 16Mbit/s 3G with unlimited traffic for $40 (per month, but you wouldn't need it longer than that).
While the upspeed may go as low as 0.5Mbit/s in practise, it will handle a stream.
^ which is EXACTLY why I was offering to do something like this... ><; cuz i can get it very cheap... or at least cheaper than the asked 300 ><

rhan

Smash Hero
I'm willing to chip in for V-Man. I don't think anyone should have the right to stop you either if it's YOUR equipment.

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
My gurl ramona flowers? lmaoooo.

all i know is people needa bring hand sanitizers, disinfectant, vitamins or w/e cuz entirely way too many ppl got like deathly ill last time lol.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
speaking of apex, what was the attendance count for melee and brawl?
like 265-272 Brawl

200-210 melee.

Attendance seems to shift between Apex and Pound for Melee and BRawl, it's funny

They did at Genesis.

They did at Apex if I remember, lots of drunk smashers were walking around yelling and making noises so the cops were called and everybody friggin ran into rooms lmao! one room had like 30 ppl I was like DANG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom