• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe SWF Mario Kart Events Thread [Definite Return for Mario Kart 8 :)]

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
private rooms are usually pretty bad unless we actually get a decent amount of people. I'd rather go for WW's.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Sorry guys, I can't host the tourney today because of my nephew's birthday. :c

If any of you were to host today for the game nights, it would be very appreciating to do so. :)

Gatlin

It's beginning to be expected :/ this thread is dying ;(

Well I'll still be online for anyone who would like to still participate, it'll still count towards the LH game nights and such.

BSP

Smash Legend
I think he already did

Also, Peachy is a ****. You never fail to go out of your way to hit me lol

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
It's beginning to be expected :/ this thread is dying ;(
It's more like, all the nubs who are still in school are at the end of their semester and are trying to cram at the end for their grades. As soon as that semester actually ends, everyone will have time again lol.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Exacty, and tourneys are what keeps this thread going imo, btw we need to start sign ups

BSP

Smash Legend
Oh please, don't you give me that nonsense lol You and Uli were out to get me all the time. :rolleyes:
I'm talking like on Koopa Cape, you had a star and could've gone through the patch of grass at the beginning after the first large jump, but instead, you came to hit me even though I was on the slowest turn possible for that part lol

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Peachy does that to everyone though, she he just likes to be an *******.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
I got scared yesterday of Peachy because I think I bumped Peachy off on Mushroom Gorge when I was boosting, idk if it was lag :p Anyways, enough about Peachy, I despise Rainbow Dash Road, I swear, people ALWAYS push me off at the beginning and I fall off too many times there :glare:

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
Oh OK, so when I go out of my way to hit someone once (and the person is actually screwing me up and making me mad) I'm considered the biggest ******* ever. But if someone here does it, regardless of the reason; it's perfectly fine and normal, right?

Yeah. :rolleyes:

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
It's because you do it the most out of everyone and you do it to anyone that makes you mad. Even if it's over the tiniest thing. It's like you take things a bit too personal. I don't know. I always just thought it was because you're young and prone to get angry at videogames.

I used to hate you when I first started racing you. Because you would always try to hit someone, which is fine since no one says we all have to hold hands in this thread and whatnot, but when you do it constantly it just makes people not like you and turn against you. Yes, the game is about hitting people, but if you go after people no matter who it is, you're going to piss them off. Which is what I think happened and why I used to try to hit you when I could because you deserved it.

But ever since we stopped hitting each other things have been great. :p

kinghippo99

Smash Lord
I'd like to make a special shout-out to brickbox for always being a bully to me.
but I still love you <3

BSP

Smash Legend
Oh OK, so when I go out of my way to hit someone once (and the person is actually screwing me up and making me mad) I'm considered the biggest ******* ever. But if someone here does it, regardless of the reason; it's perfectly fine and normal, right?

Yeah. :rolleyes:
I'll put it this way. If I'm in the way of the the shortest path from point A to point B, I really don't mind you hitting me, and I'd expect it, since I'd hit anyone in the quickest way to the finish and wasn't smart enough to gtfo

But if I'm clearly turning off the shortest path to get out of the way but you still follow me or if you ignore a substantial shortcut with hitting me in mind, that's when it gets annoying and makes me rage a bit. It's not just you though. If anyone does it, it annoys me

I'll get over it though and just try to not be in the back of the pack anyway though

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I'll put it this way. If I'm in the way of the the shortest path from point A to point B, I really don't mind you hitting me, and I'd expect it, since I'd hit anyone in the quickest way to the finish and wasn't smart enough to gtfo

But if I'm clearly turning off the shortest path to get out of the way but you still follow me or if you ignore a substantial shortcut with hitting me in mind, that's when it gets annoying and makes me rage a bit. It's not just you though. If anyone does it, it annoys me

I'll get over it though and just try to not be in the back of the pack anyway though
This so much. I might be like 'AW MAN, WHAT THE HELL ______, YOU HIT ME GEEEEEZZZZZ' when Im hit, but I dont go and try get revenge every time it happens because most of the time, its due to them trying to go the quickest way possible, and i was in their way. When you Peachy hit me under these circumstances, I might complain a bit, but I always do that and wont hold it against you. HOWEVER, when im hit by you and I clearly went out of my way to leave the better path and avoid you, you (and it seems like its only you) almost ALWAYS still follow and try to hit me, and THATS what makes me mad.

The reason we all get pissed off at you exclusively is because you do **** like that not just once in a while, but ALL THE TIME. After a while we just get sick of it because its uncalled for, you're purposefully slowing yourself down just to screw others over when you dont even need to. Now, I'd understand going out of your way to hit someone with a Mega Shroom because they are holding a Red Shell behind them and you dont want to be hit, but most of the time you just do it for the hell of it or for ****s and giggles and its annoying as hell.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
It's because you do it the most out of everyone and you do it to anyone that makes you mad. Even if it's over the tiniest thing. It's like you take things a bit too personal.
"Tiny thing"? If someone screws me over (meaning, making me lose the race), yes, I'm going to get mad. BSP screwed me over one race by knocking me off the course (it could of been lag, idk, but it looks like he purposely pushed me), soooooo, when we go on to the next course, I swerve to hit him with a star; cuz yes, I was mad, ANYONE WOULD OF BEEN MAD if someone makes you lose. But when I specifically do it (AND ONCE), people exaggerate and make me look horrible.

you're purposefully slowing yourself down just to screw others over when you dont even need to.
What are you even talking about? You haven't been racing me out all if you still think I "stop" to hit others. This is what I'm talking about, people exaggerating.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Slowing yourself down includes taking the corners wide because there are people there, while you could move faster while hugging that corner.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
Slowing yourself down includes taking the corners wide because there are people there, while you could move faster while hugging that corner.
When have I done that? Not taking a short-cut and hitting people isn't "slowing down". And a lot of people I know have done that to me and I don't consider them *******s at all.

Gatlin

This is all pretty silly. I used to stop to hit Peachy back in April and May or so, video. Mainly because everyone had like 7 or 8k vr, and I thought it was funny, as a way to just mess around. If you got last or so, you lost like 50 vr, so it wasn't that big of a deal. Now, as I have told Peachy, being in the 9k's, getting last place is the last thing I want. I'd rather not stop and wait and stop and wait just to be a pain and end up losing like 300 VR.

If I do end up hitting you, it is for reasons stated by others, you are in my way.

We should all just get along <3 Lol

Gatlin

Tournament Details said:
Type: 2-Person Team Tournament

Date: Sunday, November 13th

Time: 6:00 PM EST (Room open 15 minutes prior)

Rules: There will be x-amount of teams of 2 people for this tournament. It is free choice in who you team up with. One team member must use a Light-Weight character as well as the Quacker bike. The other team member must use a Heavy-Weight character as well as the Piranha Prowler kart. Assuming we have 12 racers entered in this tournament, this will mean 6 will be the lightest option available, while the other 6 will be the heaviest option. We will be playing through 16 races (4 Grands Prix), and the team with the most accumulated total at the end will be the winner.

How stage selection will work:

1. Everyone will choose whatever stage they'd like
2. Peachy chooses GCN Peach Beach and it is chosen
3. Seeing as Peach Beach has now been played, it won't be allowed to be chosen again for the remainder of the tournament
4. We will continue with free selection until a total of 16 races have been played, and the tournament comes to a close

There will be a list provided and updated after each race so we can keep track of the courses we have played.

Vehicle Choice: Quacker / Piranha Prowler

Character Choice: Any light or heavy character is allowed

Transmission: Any transmission is allowed

Disconnections: In the case of someone disconnecting, it will be dependent on how far we were in the cup to determine the points you receive. If you disconnect on the first race, you will receive a 10-point bonus. Any race after that, your average points-per-race will be added onto your total.

Wrong Course Selection: In the case of a wrong stage-choice, the room will immediately be closed, and we will continue where we left off on the correct course. All recorded scores will be kept the same.
↯ Sign-Up List ↯
--------------------------------------
1. Gatlin
2. Kantrip
3. Airgemini
4. Brickbox
5. SuperMetroid44
6. BSP
7. Fluttershy
8. Link2thelost90
9. Ulises3000
10. Camerino1