• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe SWF Mario Kart Events Thread [Definite Return for Mario Kart 8 :)]

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Is anyone planning on racing anytime this afternoon? I might jump online for a little bit.
I can probably join you depending on the time, I get home around 5:45 PST today.

I'm signing up. :p Anyone wanna be my partner? I'll be in the Quacker since I'm experienced in it.
Oh liek, wouldn't it be awsum if we were partnurz? Liek fo real. :woman:

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Uli needs to join this, he's good with piranha prowler iirc :o

This tourney is gonna be funny, quackers should record so we can see then get slammed around

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
Oh liek, wouldn't it be awsum if we were partnurz? Liek fo real. :woman:
are you good in the Piranha Prowler? :I

@Box: I'm not going to record this one, since I usually do like 10% worse when I record, and I don't wanna screw my partner up by sucking. :p

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Yah, I didn't think you would record
Can't you get some RCA splitters so you don't have to play through your comp screen?(I'm not sure how that stuff works lol)

Gashi should record this though :3

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
Yeah, I don't mean to sound selfish or mean, but I want my partner to be good in Karts. :p

I'm good in Karts, but not in Heavy ones... lol I do so horrible. x_x
@Box: I've been thinking of that, have to look into it. :p

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Lol, please dont, Im already aggressive enough to the point where I get bumped off while using Bowser occasionally, I dont need you guys TARGETING me when I already know Im going to be slaughtered lol.

ulises3000

Smash Ace
NNID
Ulises3000
3DS FC
1951-1622-8058
Switch FC
SW-4892-0521-2326
Signing up.
And I'll team for whoever wants me. I actually prefer to use the Kart so whoever teams with me should want to be on the bike.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
I might sign up, but idk if I'll have the laptop on the day of the tourney so I wouldn't know what courses I'd be allowed to pick if I don't have it :/

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
well if Uli wants a different name that's more creative, that's fine. It's just that name was the first thing that popped in my mind. :p

Gatlin

Would someone who has everyone, or mostly everyone added be able to substitute for me the hosting of the tournament this Sunday? I won't be able to make it by the starting time.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
This thread is kinda dying because everyone is kinda sick of Mkwii.(at least I am)
This thread should spark up again when mk7 comes out

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
This thread is kinda dying because everyone is kinda sick of Mkwii.(at least I am)
This thread should spark up again when mk7 comes out
The only thing that sucks is that it's only on the 3DS.
How many people here have a 3DS?
I might be getting one later on, but we'll see.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Everybody gets on during the times I work! That's what I get for being flexible. >(

Edit: I bought a 3DS off tips.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Well, it turns out that when I drive the mach bike with my Mii, I turn out better at racing.
I might go for this if I can get to shok at this rate.

Um...

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
I don't even have a 3DS yet :p Plus Mario Kart 7 is only 8 people, unlike MKWii where it's 12 :( And wow, this thread just reached 800 pages lol.

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
wow mkwii is not getting old. when mk7 comes out.people are still gonna play mkwii (am not exticted its on 3ds is gonna die fast)

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Well, it turns out that when I drive the mach bike with my Mii, I turn out better at racing.
I might go for this if I can get to shok at this rate.

Um...
As much as I openly hate and despise Mii's, they are pretty amazing when it comes to how good they are. I wouldnt be surprised if you've been doing better, especially if you've still been using Bowser Jr., Mii's are a HUGE step up in viability from BJ.

Gatlin

Just to get this thing in order, here is what I have down for teams:

1. Airgemini
2. Brickbox
3. BSP
4. Fluttershy
5. SuperMetroid44
6. Ulises3000
7. Kantrip
8. Link2thelost90
9. Camerino1

The ones without colors, are the ones who are still available for teaming. There is an uneven amount of players, if it is not possible to find someone to kill the uneven number, whoever is partner-less will receive some sort of compensation (2x points?) unless someone else has a possible alternative.

If you are still teamless, please team up with someone ASAP as the tournament is today.

BSP

Smash Legend
More Analyzing :bee:

The best character in each weight class is the fastest: Funky, Daisy, BDaisy/BLuigi; although BDaisy's got better MT so she's probably faster than BLuigi overall. All of these guys will catch anyone else in their weight class.

Then there's the people with minor speed boosts

L. Mii > Bpeach > toadette - Standing MT should trump Bpeach's accel advantage in anything except recovery from bananas and lightning, so L. Mii probably wins this one.

M. Mii > Peach > Luigi - Same reasoning as above

Rosa > Bowser = H. Mii - H Mii has the accel boost, but he doesn't really shoot past bowser (see below). Rosa has MT over both of them.

Everyone else with no speed boost: It's Accel + MT > MT > Accel > Neither. Like I said, standing MT should trump any accel bonuses outside of recovering from minor hits and spinouts.

For reference:

2 point speed difference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rW8LCoqkds&feature=related

3 point Acceleration difference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7YF87aYAHk

6 point Accel difference, 2 point speed difference (speed > accel) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dSAWX-n6q4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fwe9KScjzl0

Where I'm getting these "points" from: http://mkwcomparator.lozi.org/

I bet no one cares, but the analysis is kinda fun :bee: Unless you're playing to an extreme strength like Toadette on magikruiser, you'd best stick with Funky, Daisy, or BDaisy/Luigi. At the least, someone with a speed boost of some kind.

Now Light vs Medium vs Heavy in VS. races....not going into that now.

Top Bottom