• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe SWF Mario Kart Events Thread [Definite Return for Mario Kart 8 :)]

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I agree that this shouldn't count for awards and that the only tourneys that should should be FFAs where people can freely pick what they want.

Also, if you're saying the top 3 people with the highest GP scores overall get awards, that's not really fair because unless you're assuming everyone is good with karts, which is false -especially with the karts we're forced in- the only winners will be people on bikes more than likely.

And if you're talking about the top 3 people getting the awards for the winning team, that makes zero sense because the teams are composed of two people. Whatever award system you're trying to implement (Peachy) is confusing.
This is what I was saying. I dont mind this tournament idea, but I dont think it should count for the Light House awards due to it forcing us into karts and such we arent used to.

If I was gonna be selfish and was only in it for the awards, I would totally be all about making this tournament have the rewards cuz I actually know how to use the Piranha Prowler and the Quacker, but I dont think it's fair cuz not everyone else does. Id be willing to bet that, for half the people entering this tournament, this will be their first time every using these vehicles lol.

I'd say, do this tournament the 13th, then do a standard tournament with the Light House awards and such on the following weekend (so the 20th). This also allows you more time to set up any things that need to be settled, and allows Gatlin time for his new Laptop to arrive which would make things much easier for him and all the people that would need to communicate or get with him on anything.

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
I'm also for not making this tourney have LH awards this time for reasons that've been mentioned by Air first and added on by Z'z.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Agreed with pretty much everything Air and Zz said. Back when F8AL first announced "official mario kart tourneys", I figured it would be nothing but FFA-anything goes, seeing as that is really the only legit way to show where people would really stand in the results. I can't really see it being fair having it with any altercations to the rules, especially with a tournament idea such as this one. For the most part, 90% of the people will be using foreign karts/bikes, both of which are the complete opposite in weight, which just will skew the results entirely. In my opinion this idea is a rather non-serious, just-for-fun idea, more of just a break from anything serious we've done (no offence to Box).

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Agreed with pretty much everything Air and Zz said. Back when F8AL first announced "official mario kart tourneys", I figured it would be nothing but FFA-anything goes, seeing as that is really the only legit way to show where people would really stand in the results. I can't really see it being fair having it with any altercations to the rules, especially with a tournament idea such as this one. For the most part, 90% of the people will be using foreign karts/bikes, both of which are the complete opposite in weight, which just will skew the results entirely. In my opinion this idea is a rather non-serious, just-for-fun idea, more of just a break from anything serious we've done (no offence to Box).
Fine with me, let me know when you wanna host a LH approved MKW tournament.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
I agree, I'm sick of FFA
I just wanted something refreshing, we can wait to implement F8als award system :)

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
I agree that this shouldn't count for awards and that the only tourneys that should should be FFAs where people can freely pick what they want.

Also, if you're saying the top 3 people with the highest GP scores overall get awards, that's not really fair because unless you're assuming everyone is good with karts, which is false -especially with the karts we're forced in- the only winners will be people on bikes more than likely.

And if you're talking about the top 3 people getting the awards for the winning team, that makes zero sense because the teams are composed of two people. Whatever award system you're trying to implement (Peachy) is confusing.
??? What the heck is confusing? This is pretty scary that you guys are getting confused at something so simple lol :p

>Quacker VS. Piranha Prowler Tourney
>Of the winning team, the Top 3 with the most overall points, get the GM prizes

What's confusing about that? If people don't want to do that, that's fine, I just don't know what's confusing.

1. It's not Quacker VS. Piranha Prowler, it's teams of 2 with each team having one person on the Quacker and the other on the Piranha Prowler
2. The teams will only be 2 people each, so your thought makes absolutely no sense at all.
3. Stfu
Wait, Since when was this a Teams of 2 tourney? :p

and you stfu. :I

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
1. It's not Quacker VS. Piranha Prowler, it's teams of 2 with each team having one person on the Quacker and the other on the Piranha Prowler
2. The teams will only be 2 people each, so your thought makes absolutely no sense at all.
3. Stfu

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
...it was? I thought he suggested a tourney where 6 people using the Quacker and 6 people using the Piranha Prowler.

lol oh. Now I see. Err, yeah... ._____.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
He did, just the two different vehicle users pair between each other.

Also, what do we do if we have more than 12 people (6 teams) sign up? Do we have 2 rooms? If so, I'll volunteer to host the second room if we need one.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I'm making/hosting a room in a few hours for LH Free night.

Those who are Interested, PLEASE PM me your MKW FC so I KNOW who is definitely going to be there.

GOGOGO.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Are we friends Tokyo? Tbh, I dont think ive ever added you, but I'll make sure I do if I havent as soon as I get on. What time are these friendlies anyway?

Gatlin

Yay my laptop's keyboard arrived ^^
And Tokyo, we should just do WW's instead of a private room, I don't think there will be enough participation for a private room to not be ***.

Smashjin

Smash Ace
Luigi Circuit is kinda jank anyway.

Good games everyone, I need to stop running into items and getting hit by random stuff, or something.

At least you guys were in the top 2 majority of the races... I feel I did terrible lol

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
No, it annoyed me the most when races get good and then all the pushing and imbalanced items & use got me so damn salty, that I might consider to send my game disk flying. :hulk:

Gatlin

Luigi Circuit is kinda jank anyway.
LCircuit is one of those luck courses, where anything can happen last second to change the outcome of the placements. It's either my least favorite or close-to my least favorite course in the game.

Top Bottom