• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF Low-Tier Tourney: Ganondorf

:034:

Smash Hero
Lolwut? I've never played Brawl+ once in my life.

Oh and... sorry, but now that Im back and still able to beat Kalm and Ijosh half the time, I do believe if they are in this, I deserve to be as well.
Then who was it? Btw, you should try it ;D

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
I think it's universally agreed that two things need to happen:

1) Epic Footage
2) Ganon winning

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I'm not looking forward to fighting the best Samuses (Sami?), Jiggz, and Yoshis on SWF. At least Sheik barely missed low tier :D

Zhouten

Smash Apprentice
Ike, really? I've fought 2 of the best Ike's SAN and Renegade. I lost to SAN a bit badly.... but beat Renegade, even with a few mistakes by me. I guess it's different for everyone, I find Samus to be a difficult matchup.

Ijosh

Smash Apprentice
ive played 2 great ike's as well ryko and renegade. i was pretty much 50/50 with ryko. renegade beat me 2-1 with ike but the matches were close so ike isnt too much of a concern for me. Yoshi is probably my worse matchup followed by samus

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
ive played 2 great ike's as well ryko and renegade. i was pretty much 50/50 with ryko. renegade beat me 2-1 with ike but the matches were close so ike isnt too much of a concern for me. Yoshi is probably my worse matchup followed by samus
Their aren't going to be much Samus who have Ganon experience like Yoh does.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
I need to play some good Ikes offline. I'm having some trouble with them online :p. Yoshi and Diddy are probably my personal worst match ups right now.

...and yet my favorite two match ups right now are Olimar and Marth. Been playing some pretty good olimars lately...it's fun as hell.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
^^^Lol do they camp like crazy? Olimar is no fun when played that way. Marth's that go on the offensive are pretty fun though.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
^^^Lol do they camp like crazy? Olimar is no fun when played that way. Marth's that go on the offensive are pretty fun though.
Yea actually, pretty much grab and u-smash like there's no tomorrow. But there's nothing quite like killing every single pikmin at once, stalling a stomp on a pikmin, or gerudo>f-tilt>edgehog for the win at like 60%. Not to mention gerudo>d-smash is always fun.

Slipsystem13

Smash Cadet
I wish had videos. I've been playing ganon and jiggz obseseively for no reason other than they are the only nice feeling characters to me and I think i could represent either decently. GOD **** need a cam.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Yea actually, pretty much grab and u-smash like there's no tomorrow. But there's nothing quite like killing every single pikmin at once, stalling a stomp on a pikmin, or gerudo>f-tilt>edgehog for the win at like 60%. Not to mention gerudo>d-smash is always fun.
How do you kill all of them at once aside from killing Olimar?

I like how Wizkick floats over his grabs. Also up taunting over them is hilarious.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I wish had videos. I've been playing ganon and jiggz obseseively for no reason other than they are the only nice feeling characters to me and I think i could represent either decently. GOD **** need a cam.
ANOTHER Jiggs/Ganon user.

Unrelated post; go on and discuss your top 5 victims choices.

:031:

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
How do you kill all of them at once aside from killing Olimar?

I like how Wizkick floats over his grabs. Also up taunting over them is hilarious.
Wizkick works surprisingly well in the match up. Can be punished easily if the olimar is really careful, but if you hit once with it it helps shift the momentum quite a bit.

Well...you do have do get all of them on you >.>.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
I'm assuming Sheik will be in this tourney so I guess this isn't too off-topic. How is Ganon vs Sheik 90:10 or whatever. Is the Ftilt lock like 0-150 or something? I can't think of any reason she would be worse than MK or Marth.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Ftilt lock is like 1-78% or something... Sheik's moveset completely ***** Ganon's though. For example, Sheik can pick Battlefield and dangle her whip over one of the lower platforms facing the middle of the stage, and it completely outprioritizes anything Ganon can do.

I've personally never fought a Sheik that I go 5:95 against, so who knows

:034: (yes I'm starting it up)

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Ftilt lock is like 1-78% or something... Sheik's moveset completely ***** Ganon's though. For example, Sheik can pick Battlefield and dangle her whip over one of the lower platforms facing the middle of the stage, and it completely outprioritizes anything Ganon can do.

I've personally never fought a Sheik that I go 5:95 against, so who knows

:034: (yes I'm starting it up)
Couldn't you just roll or SHAD past the dangling chain instead of trying to outprioritize it? You could also try and jump over her from the top platform right? I guess you could just ban BF or ask a TO to DQ her for stalling if you really can't stop it.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Well I don't mean literally dangliing, but she can flail it over the edge and if she does it right then it outranges/outprioitizes all of Ganon's moves. The only way he can approach is if Sheik makes a mistake or he hops to the top platform, which is very punishable.

I've never actually had this done to me in a match but I've tested it with a Sheik main (who doesn't do it because it's cheap)

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I fought Zhouten and literally had no Ganon experience. He beat me and my Sheik senseless lol. I certainly hope he shows up to another Gigs so we can play again because I won't look so hopeless as I played. I learned so many things lol.

BTW, if Ganon spits on Sheik the wrong way, Sheik is gonna die. Otherwise, the matchup is really bad unless the Sheik player (me) does not know how to play the matchup.

Zhouten=BEAST!!!

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
All right, deadline for the roster is September 1st. You guys just send me a PM with the names (ranked in order, preferably. You can even go to past 5 if you want). Just pick one person here to send it to me so I don't get 4 repeated lists. If you have any problems with the roster and cry foul, I'll read through the entire thread and see if it's valid.

Zhouten

Smash Apprentice
I fought Zhouten and literally had no Ganon experience. He beat me and my Sheik senseless lol. I certainly hope he shows up to another Gigs so we can play again because I won't look so hopeless as I played. I learned so many things lol.

BTW, if Ganon spits on Sheik the wrong way, Sheik is gonna die. Otherwise, the matchup is really bad unless the Sheik player (me) does not know how to play the matchup.

Zhouten=BEAST!!!
Lol, see you at the next Gigs. Maybe we can team or something. Whenever I think I get a teammate for it, they cancel last minute.

TP

Smash Master
1) IJosh
2) Ray_Kalm
3) Swoops
4) Zhouten
5) DLA

The order is alphabetical, except DLA is fifth because if they choose to only have 4 Ganon spots open, DLA is going to be the odd man out. :ohwell:

Any disagreement, or are we done here?

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
1) Kalm
2) IJosh
3) Swoops
4) Zhouten
5) DLA

The order is alphabetical, except DLA is fifth because if they choose to only have 4 Ganon spots open, DLA is going to be the odd man out. :ohwell:

Any disagreement, or are we done here?

I comes before K, so I don't know what you mean by alphabetical.

TP

Smash Master
Son of a *****. I worked in a library shelving books for TWO YEARS. You would think I know the alphabet by now. >_>

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
All right, deadline for the roster is September 1st. You guys just send me a PM with the names (ranked in order, preferably. You can even go to past 5 if you want). Just pick one person here to send it to me so I don't get 4 repeated lists. If you have any problems with the roster and cry foul, I'll read through the entire thread and see if it's valid.
Use the list the Twilight Prince posted below you.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Lol, see you at the next Gigs. Maybe we can team or something. Whenever I think I get a teammate for it, they cancel last minute.
Alritey, sounds fun. I might be teaming with Polmex23 if he ever decides to get tournament happy again, but we'll definitely team, and I'll play much better than when I first played ya :laugh:

Ijosh

Smash Apprentice
zhoutens wii broke so he's probly gona forfiet 1st round. he said he'l try 2 get it fixed b4 then but if not then Dq'd. as for me. im not as active in brawl cuz of school related sht but il try my best

Zhouten

Smash Apprentice
Hang on lol. At least gimme some time, Im just starting to try to get this fixed. I'll just need a few days to see if I can make it in time, there's still 8 days left before the 1st round ends. So please, give me a short bit of time.

Top Bottom