• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF Low-Tier Tourney: Ganondorf

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Hello, all. It's me again.

Marc and I have been tossing around this idea for a while: a SWF sponsored Low Tier Tourney. It would have to take place over WiFi (which we know has it's limitations, but there is little we can do about it).

This idea stems from a lot of pros and amateurs claiming that many low tier characters are not as bad/negligible as people think; it's just that they are rarely used so their metagames aren't very developed. So, we're trying to give your character the chance to shine...just not as Fox or Falco ;)

Here are the rules we've come up with so far:

1) 64 man tourney, double elimination. Standard counterpicks apply. Matches are best of 3 with winners, losers and grand finals out of 7.
2) The only characters allowed are D Tier and below. For those that want me to list them instead of clicking the link, too bad
3) We want to make it a relatively equal distribution of characters. There are 13 characters so it won't go evenly in, but we want to avoid there being 20 Zeldas and 1 Yoshi.
4) No player can represent two different characters or take two different slots in the bracket.
5) Top 3 get some neato prize that has yet to be determined. And bragging rights.

Now, your guys' job: you need to rank your top 5 Ganons. The top 4 will automatically get a slot in the tourney with the 5th being optional depending on the input of other characters. I hope this is done civilly or somewhat democratically. Those 4/5 slots have to agree to fill the slot and have WiFi/the means to play the tourney. You can try to recruit other smashers to represent your character, but they can only play as one character so you're up against other boards in the recruiting aspect.

The bracket will also be set up so that not all 4/5 of the same character are on the same side, so you guys won't meet each other until later in the tourney.

Thoughts? Comments? Lists of players? Your feedback is more than welcome!

:034:

Smash Hero
Wait until Ganongasm II finishes and the those in Winners' and Losers' Finals go to this tourney?

I really like this idea, though. Is this being done because Premium Membership is such a success?

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Nope: it's been on the back burner for a while now. Some other things on the schedule cleared up so we decided now was the time. When is Ganongasm II scheduled to finish?

TP

Smash Master
I won't be taking part, if I was going to be getting a spot anyway (I probably was from GGII unless PK-ow is a lot better than I give him credit for). College>Wifi.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
I'd have to guess that Ray_Kalm, Swoops, and Kosk are definitely some of the people you should invite for this. Another good recommendation is Ijosh.

TP

Smash Master
Somebody should play Swoops to make sure that he's still "got it," but I agree with Salty's lineup. Those 4, and for a 5th I would choose Zhouten.

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
If all else fails I'd be happy to take a spot
but that probably won't happen

My suggested line-up is Kalm, Ijosh, Kosk if he's able, Zhouten if he's able, and perhaps Noob or breezy. This is coming at a bad time for ganons though ='[

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Somebody should play Swoops to make sure that he's still "got it," but I agree with Salty's lineup. Those 4, and for a 5th I would choose Zhouten.

Lulz, ask Salty if I still "got it." I went and "got it" all up in his face.

...I know it doesn't make sense but I like turning a phrase.

TP

Smash Master
DLA and I are IDENTICAL in terms of skill and play style. I burst out laughing while I was fighting him, we were so similar. He agreed. If you can find him, he'll be a suitable person for it.

Here's the way I see it.

Automatic, if available:

Kosk
Swoops
Kalm
IJosh

That darned 5th spot:

Zhouten?
Salty?
DLA if we can find him?
DAD if we can find him (lol)?
K_Prime?
PK-ow?

(Breezy, Noob, and Red are all a level lower than that group, sorry guys)

Salty is probably the most likely choice, but he has a pretty laggy connection and I don't know if he has any tournament experience. He lives in California and DIDN'T go to Genesis. WTF is that ****?

There is no way I am available, unless the tourney isn't until like October.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Ijosh 'might' not be able to attend this, he's going to Canada next week, there's still a possibility that he might. Zhouten was playing brawl yesterday, so I guess he should be fine to enter.

Spoiler below:
I'll win this.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
It's not that I have a bad connection. Everybody else just lives on the opposite side of the country from me!

I wasn't at Genesis because of...other things. It came right in the middle of my necessitated hiatus from Brawl, and you do not know HOW much I beat myself up over missing it.

Smash Hero
stRIP, we're being left out because we're European. It's not that we have bad internet, it's more that everybody we will have to play against is on a different continent. Which is, well, a bad idea.

I hope there will be an installment of this for Europe as well sometime.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Koskinator hasn't been on both SWF and Wifi for a while now, we really can't be sure that he'll enter this.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Ijosh 'might' not be able to attend this, he's going to Canada next week, there's still a possibility that he might. Zhouten was playing brawl yesterday, so I guess he should be fine to enter.

Spoiler below:
I'll win this.
Spoiler below:

plot twist: no you wont. I will :pimp:

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Hey guys :)

I'll gladly join, thank you for the nomination. Sorry for the lack of Ganon board posting. I've improved since I last fought anyone from SWF so I'm sure I'll do well.

TP

Smash Master
And you, silly willy.

Unless Zhouten suddenly appears and says he's in, Salty deserves a spot.

DLA, many Ganons put :034: at the end of their posts now. Do it. :)

@HomE

Smash Ace
Holy Fk..

Kalm, Swoops, IJosh, DLA, and Zhouten are all soooo beastly

I've recently played quite a few matches with Zhouten and he is a monster, and last night i had the pleasure of playing many many Dittos/matches vs DLA and he too is a monster. I think Ganon will be far in this...

Top Bottom