• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Equi

Smash Ace
Wrong, it isn't a decent fighting game.

If Brawl is truly to be a decent fighting game, we'll have to do it ourselves.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=200084

~lalala~

For everyone that spends 'effort' playing brawl, almost every single one of you called Brawl out as NOT the better game.

>.< Does that not imply that we should all be playing Melee?

While the majority of the community play Brawl, and while the majority of the community call Melee the better game, there is EVERY REASON TO CALL OUT BRAWL'S FAULTS.

Yes, I have to agree. Camping makes the best fighting game ever. oh wait....

Renth had every right to make this thread. Zoro had every right to make his kick*** posts. Sure, you have every right to say you don't agree with his points, but you fell into the trap that everyone else falls for. You're all playing a noticeably worse game than its predecessor. As far as I can tell, the majority of winning brawl players aren't wholly satisfied with the games they play. They win money and leave empty-handed.

LoL at tournament standings being "all that mattered" at the end of the day. What kind of bull**** is that?

The REAL Smash community that I knew was one that held emphasis on the excitement of an experience, not a rank. It's absurd to think that all that matters to you is a top ten placement. >.<
I would rather enjoy the experience of a SMASH COMMUNITY.

The community that existed before barwl gasped for breath not out of what it takes to win money but for the oxygen of friendships and enjoyments and the dedication to improve. Melee takes effort - real effort of time and practicing. We all agree on that.

But what I see is the decadence of not only Smash, but of how we come together to play it. It's hard for me to understand how winning is all that matters - especially for a game that almost all of us agree is INFERIOR!

While we sit here agreeing on which is the better game, I see no reason for the argument to cease.

**** Barwl. Viva la Melee! Zoro rules.
Way to completely miss my point. It's dumbfoundingly obvious by now, as we've nailed it like a cross into the ridiculous crucifixion that this thread has become that we all hail Melee as the superior game. A good majority of us that go to Brawl tournaments still play and prefer Melee. You can call out N64's faults when comparing it to Melee, or any predessessor you prefer. It's irrelevent, no game can compare to the previous game. Brawl is an entirely different game and must be treated how it is. If you treat how it is, though it has its limitations, it has its enjoyabilities as well because it's an ENTIRELY different metagame.

Many of you fail to realize that as Brawl progresses, it's not becoming more campier. Camping is being founded around, I use to camp with Wolf quite a bit, and although I do still camp randomly in the match as a mindgame (and then switch back to aggro to mix it up.) Camping against higher level Snakes (Chops and Afro) DOES NOT WORK. Thanks to the power shield and the fact that generally playing defensive campy DOES NOT WIN, top level players such as Afro and others that have consistently won have even told me that "Brawl is generally a more aggressive game" than it leads off to.

There aren't combos in Brawl, such as Melee, where it's automatic xyz situation in this situation automatic combo button pressing this wins. I'm not saying Melee isn't more complex, it is, and it's way more beautiful. But Brawl's peak of the metagame is different, instead of combos, we have logical though connections, like a web, logical continuations such as walling, to stop walling, to dthrow, to run up shield Rock Paper Scissors react spot dodge, to a single jab mixup games. As the metagame progresses I'm realizing there's more options in Brawl than people realize, mix up jabs, and just a simpler version of Melee.

Don't get me wrong, Melee wins. But Brawl's simpler elements are still good and different when viewed as its own game. And yeah, you can insult Brawl all day. And I can defend it all day. I don't give a ****, and I'm not insulting anyone either. And once again, way to misunderstand my post. I'm not placing a high importance on tournament rankings, I'm claiming that consistent victors shows signs of a learning curve and progression and LEARNING (all that Melee had, prove me otherwise) that the community would experience if didn't have the same high expectations they did for Melee. Melee tournaments will recommence sooner or later, anyway.

lmao what trap? A trap that where I already had prior knowledge that Melee was already better? So the **** what? Deny the fact that there's learning curves in the inferior game regardless, the view of it as being strictly campy is also a common illusion, as camping no longer persists as the dominating strategy. Brawl still requires spacing and intelligence of mixup, and reading, no matter how you look at it. Your or anyone else's counter post of it being less complex than Melee is generally correct bu useless in the discussion, as they are still two separate games with some separate elements regardless.

Toobz

Smash Journeyman
This is what noobs say:

"Brawl sucks lol melee is awesome but brawl is fun lol."

Anyone who says that is a noob. str8 ^

Frames

DI
hmm well you just said it so.....:p

btw did you go to the game night toobz? was there melee there? does anyone even play ssbm at valencia west campus???

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
There aren't combos in Brawl, such as Melee, where it's automatic xyz situation in this situation automatic combo button pressing this wins..
and we all know thats the biggest and beautifulest of all situations ;)

Zoro

Smash Champion
I said my falco is top 8 but i said im a scrubby link player that will never win
That is also an exaggeration though because the top 8 players really are much better than me. When i say that i mean if i igot a good bracket i could make it to top 8 in a tourney but im not top 8 in state or anything.
Im not johning some matchups im much better with link but i cant beat fox with link its really hard.

Zoro

Smash Champion
Everyone should really stop *****ing about Brawl. It's like kicking a ******** kid after tricking him into eating dog poo. Everyone knows it's not a great game, but it still produces a turnout and people play it. It is what it is. So PLEASE stop stating the obvious.

Also, Zoro, your arguments are ridiculous. You john like a pro and spout random egotistical bull**** without any sort of backup or evidence. I'm not saying you're completely wrong, but you say a lot of things that just make you look worse.

dramadramadrama
Shut up noob ill own u again
Im not egotistical the only thing that matters is who beats who and i beat you so shaddup.

I dont even have to try and make myself look worse. I tryed hard to keep a good image for a while its not worth it when i know who my real friends are and who the real brawl scrubs are.If i ever talk smack its online anyone that knows me knows that i barely say a word in real life and i am respectful to all players face to face even afro an money who i had quarrels with in the past. So yah

Kagesekan

Smash Journeyman
Shut up noob ill own u again
Im not egotistical the only thing that matters is who beats who and i beat you so shaddup.

I dont even have to try and make myself look worse. I tryed hard to keep a good image for a while its not worth it when i know who my real friends are and who the real brawl scrubs are.If i ever talk smack its online anyone that knows me knows that i barely say a word in real life and i am respectful to all players face to face even afro an money who i had quarrels with in the past. So yah
oh lawl, you're so silly. You barely beat me and that was when I was new to the scene. you know that was my first tourney in my life right? at the last Gigs I almost beat Danny in a 1v1. He had to counterpick against my ROB with MK and it was still only a one stock high % victory from him.

Basically what you're saying is that you're an internet tough guy. Funny ****. I've been to two real tourneys now and I'm probably better than you. If you really think you can own me again, MM me. But when you lose, you may as well quit talking about the game altogether because losing to a newb like me would be inexcusable on your part.

Zoro

Smash Champion
wat im sayin is i have no problems with anyone but i complain alot about brawl and then defend my skill when other people say i have no right to criticize it because i suck at both games much like u are now.

btw it was a teams match where both me and my gf were too busy arguing to give a **** about u. Try harder noob.

Egotistical much?

1000$ mm

Kagesekan

Smash Journeyman
wat im sayin is i have no problems with anyone but i complain alot about brawl and then defend my skill when other people say i have no right to criticize it because i suck at both games much like u are now.

btw it was a teams match where both me and my gf were too busy arguing to give a **** about u. Try harder noob.

Egotistical much?

1000$ mm
It's not that you don't have a right, it is a flawed game. But you're only stating and repeating the obvious and it's annoying.

Was she begging you to feed her?

No ego.
I know you don't have $1000 because your allowance can't be nearly that high.

Zoro

Smash Champion
I work for my money

now shut up and stop being a noob
Yah i got a curfew that makes me somehow a child now alright lol.

Thanks for jumping on the bandwagon and finding any possible thing u can to insult me because u cant possibly say anything else. It just shows how much of a scrub u really are.

I dont repeat the obvious i bash brawl maybe once a month thats one post that you can skip over. You are annoying everyone is already tired of all of you and your defense of a horrid game. ALLISBRAWL exists for noobs like you. Your posting in a brawl bashing thread you think ur not gonna get bashed urself? I wouldnt have to post so much if u just SHUT UP about me! If u stfu then i will also stfu so STFU.

WOW im slow lol
i just got that lol

**** you dude
What a noob you are.

Im glad u remember what we look like though the image of us ownin u musta been burned into ur retinas. Sorry i dont know what u look like as soon as i own noobs like you i forget they exist.lol i used the word noob alot today. btw i wasnt even TRYING against you i was like ****in around because i knew it wouldnt take much to own a noob.So your good now huh? hurry up and play me

Your just further proving that the new brawlers are the gayest cockiest dumbest idiotic people on the planet

Renth

Smash Hero
so far i've gotten.

Equi = Brawl scrub and nobody reads his posts anyway.

Zoro = The Man

Nes Noob = Good at pointing out the obvious as in Brawl sucks.

Everlasting Yayuhh = The best song writer period.

Me = The D!ck head that started all of this.

:) Barwl sucks. anyway, if anything i'd love to know how people who have recent join dates act like they know everything get the right to argue with people who have been in the Smash Community for many years. By all means, I was like that once. I was the most arrogant smash player ever until I met The Cape and UmbreonMow who put me in my place. That's what we need someone to take all these kids who think they know what they're talking about. Grab some duct tape, super glue and put it over their mouths.

Note: i'm making it a point to not have an intelligent discussion about this. Barwl is junk

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
It's not that you don't have a right, it is a flawed game. But you're only stating and repeating the obvious and it's annoying.

Was she begging you to feed her?

No ego.
I know you don't have $1000 because your allowance can't be nearly that high.

OUCH loooooooow bloooooooow

random rob kid throwing out the big guns

Kagesekan

Smash Journeyman
I work for my money

now shut up and stop being a noob
Yah i got a curfew that makes me somehow a child now alright lol.

Thanks for jumping on the bandwagon and finding any possible thing u can to insult me because u cant possibly say anything else. It just shows how much of a scrub u really are.

I dont repeat the obvious i bash brawl maybe once a month thats one post that you can skip over. You are annoying everyone is already tired of all of you and your defense of a horrid game. ALLISBRAWL exists for noobs like you. Your posting in a brawl bashing thread you think ur not gonna get bashed urself? I wouldnt have to post so much if u just SHUT UP about me! If u stfu then i will also stfu so STFU.

WOW im slow lol
i just got that lol

**** you dude
What a noob you are.

Im glad u remember what we look like though the image of us ownin u musta been burned into ur retinas. Sorry i dont know what u look like as soon as i own noobs like you i forget they exist.lol i used the word noob alot today. btw i wasnt even TRYING against you i was like ****in around because i knew it wouldnt take much to own a noob.So your good now huh? hurry up and play me

Your just further proving that the new brawlers are the gayest cockiest dumbest idiotic people on the planet
I'm sure you've worked many street corners. I don't want to hear about it.

Call me a noob all you want, it doesn't phase me or make it true. If it makes you feel better about being low-tier at life, go for it.

There's no bandwagon here. I'm attacking you for being an idiot, bigot, and overall f@g. I realize a lot of people don't like you, I'm only doing this because it entertains me and you make it so easy.

finding any possible thing u can to insult me because u cant possibly say anything else
depending on what you meant by that, you either failed in logic or grammar.

You bash brawl far more than once a month. In fact, I'd say you do it at least 8 times a week (see what i did there?). and then when people confront you, you either john like a champ or spout nonsense. your second sentence there is extremely hard to translate, but I'm not defending Brawl. Yeah, it's a pretty bad game. But don't complain about the bad smell when you live in Africa.

you think ur not gonna get bashed urself? I wouldnt have to post so much if u just SHUT UP about me!
I don't care about the backlash, it doesn't bother me. Your trolling is far inferior to mine.
And I'll shut up when you admit that you're...

WOW im slow lol
i just got that lol

...just plain slow. My apologies to Marin though, that was unfair to her. I have to use all I can against you though because your butthurt cries of failure please me so.

i don't remember what you look like. All I remember about Marin is that I was afraid of breaking her fingers when I shook her hand and she has black hair.
Maybe you weren't trying, but you always say that. Regardless, I'd never played competitively before and you guys only one stocked me in a 2v1 match (my idiot teammate lost all 3 of his stocks to SDs in the first minute). You didn't own me at all, you barely managed to beat me. I'll take you on ASAP. I won't even make you give up money if you don't want to. My next Gigs will be January, feel free to drop by Jax any time before that.

I'm proving that even the new players can point out a whiny ***got

-Chad-

Slackerator
Brawl players: We don't care that you guys bash brawl, it's old news etc etc etc but we will still come argue about it for some unknown reason even though we will state that it's useless to do such.

Melee players: We wish Brawl were actually good cause we waited years and years on the new smash game and now that it's out and it's terrible as a competative fighting game we feel the need to vent here.

Kagesekan

Smash Journeyman
Brawl players: We don't care that you guys bash brawl, it's old news etc etc etc but we will still come argue about it for some unknown reason even though we will state that it's useless to do such.

Melee players: We wish Brawl were actually good cause we waited years and years on the new smash game and now that it's out and it's terrible as a competative fighting game we feel the need to vent here.
I bash Brawl even as I play it, even though it's extremely old news that it's a bad competitive game. I was disappointed when it came out as well (I sold it to a friend for $30 after a week of owning it). I just have problems with people who constantly jump in threads and whine, then john about their skill in the game they just bashed when confronted.

mkGmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL (for
I'm Zoro... noob scrub noob noob noob scrub scrub noob scrub noob scrub scrub scrub noob ***** noob noob

I just find your overuse of these words delightfully hilarious. MELEE and Brawl are just games at the end of the day. I find it funny that you have to prove yourself so much in either.

Oh, anyone that takes what Kris says seriously is a moron. I guess you're not too bright if you take what I say seriously either. The boards is just a humor mechanism a lot of the times.

lamugi

Smash Lord
Edit:

so far i've gotten.

Lamugi = the most bad *** person in the world!!!! I <3 Lamugi

Zoro = The Man

:) Barwl sucks. anyway, if anything i'd love to know how people who have recent join dates act like they know everything get the right to argue with people who have been in the Smash Community for many years. By all means, I was like that once. I was the most arrogant smash player ever until I met The Cape and UmbreonMow who put me in my place. That's what we need someone to take all these kids who think they know what they're talking about. Grab some duct tape, super glue and put it over their mouths.

Note: i'm making it a point to not have an intelligent discussion about this. Barwl is junk
there ya go i fixed it

Blatt Blvd

Smash Ace
Your arguement about Brawl having some sort of skill is logical. But here comes the auto come back.

lol u play barwl.
LOLOLOLOL.

Lol, win.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
I'm sure you've worked many street corners. I don't want to hear about it.

Call me a noob all you want, it doesn't phase me or make it true. If it makes you feel better about being low-tier at life, go for it.

There's no bandwagon here. I'm attacking you for being an idiot, bigot, and overall f@g. I realize a lot of people don't like you, I'm only doing this because it entertains me and you make it so easy.

finding any possible thing u can to insult me because u cant possibly say anything else
depending on what you meant by that, you either failed in logic or grammar.

You bash brawl far more than once a month. In fact, I'd say you do it at least 8 times a week (see what i did there?). and then when people confront you, you either john like a champ or spout nonsense. your second sentence there is extremely hard to translate, but I'm not defending Brawl. Yeah, it's a pretty bad game. But don't complain about the bad smell when you live in Africa.

you think ur not gonna get bashed urself? I wouldnt have to post so much if u just SHUT UP about me!
I don't care about the backlash, it doesn't bother me. Your trolling is far inferior to mine.
And I'll shut up when you admit that you're...

WOW im slow lol
i just got that lol

...just plain slow. My apologies to Marin though, that was unfair to her. I have to use all I can against you though because your butthurt cries of failure please me so.

i don't remember what you look like. All I remember about Marin is that I was afraid of breaking her fingers when I shook her hand and she has black hair.
Maybe you weren't trying, but you always say that. Regardless, I'd never played competitively before and you guys only one stocked me in a 2v1 match (my idiot teammate lost all 3 of his stocks to SDs in the first minute). You didn't own me at all, you barely managed to beat me. I'll take you on ASAP. I won't even make you give up money if you don't want to. My next Gigs will be January, feel free to drop by Jax any time before that.

I'm proving that even the new players can point out a whiny ***got
Wow all of that seems quite pointless. If you think he johns so much then what makes you think he shall stop? Some of you people here make everything people say completely sound worse than it should be. Why cant people just except the fact that both games are ok. It just takes less tech skill for brawl. I think it does take brains though. Call it a day people. And yes name calling is very cool. Gosh people annoy me. Just play the game and enjoy it. Ether one of them. The Pharaoh is done.:)

SynikaL

Smash Lord
Brawl players really do have a point regarding Melee players b1tching and these threads being vitriolic and absolutely pointless.

The nonsensical shrilling keeps perpetuating itself on ideological grounds, and a community full of young people makes it hard for them to realize this root cause.

It's clearly a case of bruised egos from being essentially marginalized in the community, that could very well be mitigated by Melee players quitting the b1tching, refusing to play Brawl and hosting more Melee tournaments.

-Kye

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Brawl players really do have a point regarding Melee players b1tching and these threads being vitriolic and absolutely pointless.

The nonsensical shrilling keeps perpetuating itself on ideological grounds, and a community full of young people makes it hard for them to realize this root cause.

It's clearly a case of bruised egos from being essentially marginalized in the community, that could very well be mitigated by Melee players quitting the b1tching, refusing to play Brawl and hosting more Melee tournaments.

-Kye
diddy kong approves this message.

we get that you dont like the game. just dont play it and go host a melee tourney. thats what linguini does, and no one is mad at him

SynikaL

Smash Lord
thats what linguini does, and no one is mad at him
I mean, seriously. I talked to people at Gigs that enthused "This is great! I think I might host my own tourney!".

Where are you? This is simply a case of the FL Melee community digging its own grave through a failure to act.

-Kye

Finch

Smash Lord
lol @ kageskan. Clearly he is gmoney's apprentice in being a d!ckhead that no one will ever like.

Also I find it hilarious that gmoney would make fun of zoro having a curfew when he can't even drive.

Equi

Smash Ace
so far i've gotten.

Zoro = The Man

Teach me your ways, Elder Renth.

wtf do you guys think smash is? The military?

And yes, I suppose it was foolish of me to partake in intelligent discussion in a thread where clearly no marks of constructive debate exists, which is fine. And is anyone in this thread going to FlatSoda's tomorrow, I'd like to play you in Melee.

Equi

Smash Ace

-Kye
Precisely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom