• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion

MELTY BLOOD
A spin-off of the VN Tsukihime that (for good or bad depending of what you think) it's way more popular that his original game, starting in 2001 it has a wiiide music selection that goes from very chill tunes, ominious music, silly songs, raw rock, vocal themes, etc. Maaaybe it would be weird that the representation fo Type-Moon in terms of music is an spin off but considering that it also kinda works as their own Smash Bros I think it works.​

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
DLC music submission: Microsoft Windows

IIRC Venus has said Windows content would be allowed in non-fighter jobs, so how about we open the window? There's a wide variety of music to choose from here - the crux of the songs would be Sample Midis, but there's also installation music; game themes; and even promotional tracks. While I do doubt we could get Ninja Tuna or Highway Blues, most Windows tracks were either made for Microsoft or from Royalty Free libraries. Certain bundled and entertainment pack games are not Microsoft property - Chip's Challenge is owned by a small studio known as Niffler, while Space Cadet is owned by EA, who are already involved thanks to Crazy Dave.

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
E.V.O: Search for Eden
This game debuted in the SNES and has a lot of great soundtracks in addition to fun gameplay and lots of parts for the protagonist to evolve.

My suggested choices include starting ocean theme, Pangea desert, boss theme and Bolbox’s theme, especially the last one.

Also this game is owned by Square Enix

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Music:
1668876881898.png

For this in need of a refresher, Dark Souls is a trilogy of action RPGs developed by FromSoftware infamous for it's unforgiving difficulty. It's also famous for its grandiose boss fights, it's minimalist presentation of its deep lore and above all else, it's music. The only bit of content we have in Smash that hails from Dark Souls is an Artorias Mii Costume and a few Spirits. So let's fix that and give Dark Souls a Music Pack.

Tournament:
At The Feet of Giants

A tournament dedicated to characters who have either become massive or have had boss fights where they were massive.

Characters:
  • Mario
  • Dark Samus
  • Pikachu (Pikachu has a Gigantamax form in SwSh)
  • Jigglypuff
  • Bowser
  • Ganondorf
  • Pokemon Trainer (Charizard possesses a Gigantamax form in SwSh)
  • King Dedede
  • Rosalina & Luma
  • Little Mac
  • PAC-MAN
  • Ms. PAC-MAN
  • Inkling (One of Splatoon 1's Special Weapons could transform you into a Kraken)
  • Ridley
  • King K. Rool
  • Sephiroth (If his Safer transformation counts)
  • Medusa
  • DJ Octavio
  • Dr. Eggman
  • King Boo
Stages: All franchises involved

Items: Super Mushrooms only

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
DLC Music Submission:

Dance Dance Revolution

Dance Dance Revolution 2019 logo.png

One of the most famous musical based video game franchises, this iconic symbol of the arcade would be a great choice for a music pack and would help add to Smash's legacy of representing all corners of gaming. While the games use some licensed songs, there are also more than enough original songs throughout the series that can be compiled into a pack.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Given all the characters that have been deconfirmed, 2B seems to be one of the main frontrunners for the final job in my opinion, so I'm not sure where this perception that she is unlikely to be added comes from. And presuming that we'll be doing a full challenger pack for the final character, we can always add Nier Automata content after the final character job (I believe every Challenger Pack has come with Mii Costumes) if she isn't voted in, which would seem preferable to killing her chances entirely before the last job.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Yeah, out of all of them there seems to be some stiff competition between Ryu Hayabusa and 2B. Which one would be considered the Sora of the two, tho?

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, out of all of them there seems to be some stiff competition between Ryu Hayabusa and 2B. Which one would be considered the Sora of the two, tho?
If Smash Infinite were to have a big speulcation circle going. I'm willing to bet many people will want 2B over Hayabusa.

Along with many memes makes jokes where "SHE WILL NEVER GET IN!!!" just like Sora. She'll be the Sora/Bayonetta of Smash Infinite

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I don't really think either of them can be compared to Sora. His whole thing was that he was owned by Disney and came from a series that was 50% about Disney characters. The reason he was so notorious as a request was for how unlikely he was in the Smash fanbase's eye for that reason. 2B is owned by Square - you could've made the argument a couple years ago that they're super stingy, but after both Hero and Sephiroth that doesn't hold much weight anymore. Ryu is owned by Koei Tecmo, who doesn't yet have a fighter in Smash, but has collaborated with Nintendo on six entire games, so clearly they're not uncomfortable with negotiations. Plus, there's Fatal Frame content in SSBU. Both 2B and Ryu have a really good shot, something that was never considered with Sora who always seemed like a "when pigs fly" type deal.

If I had to guess, given that this is the closest we've gotten to non-game content with Twitter (and possibly some other stuff I'm forgetting), the speculation scene is probably rampant right now with Goku, Shrek, Spider-Man, etc. Should we add a non-game character? IDK. Could be fun, could be weird.

PastaRorroKuma

Smash Journeyman
Hayabusa and 2B would be cool and all but the thing is, they are the only characters that still would make sense other characters that could be hype (Heavy, Master Chief, Dante, Travis or Scorpion) are now basically dead in terms of chances even other alternatives like Sub-Zero or Gordon Freeman probably wouldn't get in since their genres were already repped in this season with Nightmare and DoomSlayer, while I think Hayabusa and 2B would be really cool, they are the only options unless we want to go with ****ing Rash from Battletoads or Raiden from Metal Gear.

Tourney submission:
Genre grapplers!
Theme: each fighter represents a video game genre.
Fighters:
1. Mario (Represents platformers)
2. Link (represent action-adventure games)
3. Hero (Represents RPGs)
4. Pac-Man (Represents maze games)
5. Doomguy (Represents FPS games)
6. Ryu (Represents fighting games)
7. Solid Snake (Represents stealth games)
8. Captain Falcon (Represents racing games)
9. Ahri (Represents MOBA games)
10. Duck Hunt Dog (Light gun shooter games)
11. Fox McCloud (Rail shooter games)
12. Villager (simulation games)
13. Dr. Mario (Puzzle games)
14. Olimar & Pikmin (represent real time strategy games)
15. Barista (Represent Rhythm games)
16. Reimu (represent shoot'em up game)
17. Phoenix wright (Visual novel)
18. Sami (Turn-based strategy games)
19. Sakura Shinguji (Dating sim)
20. Waluigi (Sport games I guess)
21. Crazy Dave (Tower defense)
22. Jill Valentine (Survival horror)
23. Steve (Sandbox games)
24. Zagreus (Roguelike game)
25. Agumon (Virtual pet)
26. Inkling (Third person shooter)
27. Wii Fit Trainer (Fitness game)

Stages:
1. Peach's Castle
2. Hyrule Castle
3. Yggdrasil Tree
4. Pac-Maze
5. Mars
6. Suzaku Castle
7. Shadow Moses
8. Mute City SNES
9. Summoner's rift
10. Duck Hunt (stage)
11. Corneria
12. Smashville
13. Dr. Mario (stage)
14. Distant planet
15. Night walk
16. Hakurei Shrine
17. Courtroom
18. Crosszone
19. Grand Imperial theatre
20. Baseball Kingdom
21. House
22. Raccoon City
23. Overworld
24. The Underworld
25. Digital monster LCD
26. Moray Towers
27. Megafruit paradise (party games)
28. Electroplankton (Interactive music video game)
29. Wii Fit studio

Assist trophies:
Based on those franchises + characters from unrepresented by fighter genre.

Items:
Based on the represented franchises in the tourney + Smash ball, assist trophy, fake Smash ball and anti-assist trophy.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
If we want to keep with Infinite's theme Ryu and 2B are the best ways to go, as the game is mostly about fulfilling fan requests above all else. Some other great options in that regard would be Arle (whose speculation actually might've gone way higher after Eggman's Down Smash was revealed), Raiden or Senator Armstrong (resurgence of Metal Gear Rising: Revengence memes combined with this being the longest a third-party series has gone without a second rep for Metal Gear makes it to where these guys would be huge in the speculation scene), and pretty much any character that's never had a game on Nintendo before (due to R&C opening the floodgates - Kratos, Master Chief, etc).

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps we could end with a character who has a god-like status in-universe? Arceus or something?

Goku or Shrek would be a pretty rad way to go out, end on the ultimate pipe dream and not worry about the potential floodgates.
it be more funny if the last fighter is Giygas, an eldritch abomination. I'll like to see that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Iirc witcher content was allowed to be submitted during base game. So maybe Geralt. Witcher 3 is considered one of the best modern games and pepole wouldn't be expecting him due to him originally being a book character

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Iirc witcher content was allowed to be submitted during base game. So maybe Geralt. Witcher 3 is considered one of the best modern games and pepole wouldn't be expecting him due to him originally being a book character
Didn't Persona spin-off from a game series that started as an adaptation of a book? I know Castlevania doesn't count since Dracula's public domain, but Shin Megami Tensei was based on a book, just like The Witcher, right?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Didn't Persona spin-off from a game series that started as an adaptation of a book? I know Castlevania doesn't count since Dracula's public domain, but Shin Megami Tensei was based on a book, just like The Witcher, right?
Smt is based on a book but it's more of a parasite eve situation where it just takes some themes and ideas iirc (could be wrong on this one)

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
My issue is that while 2B is my most wanted for Infinite, I’m worried of not getting any content in our game. My main desire outside of 2B being playable is getting music in Infinite. This album is beyond amazing and it’s god like. I’m sorry but this is easily the best gaming soundtrack in gaming history and that’s a fact.
NeR:Automata OST playlist

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
My issue is that while 2B is my most wanted for Infinite, I’m worried of not getting any content in our game. My main desire outside of 2B being playable is getting music in Infinite. This album is beyond amazing and it’s god like. I’m sorry but this is easily the best gaming soundtrack in gaming history and that’s a fact.
NeR:Automata OST playlist
We’ll get lots of music from that if she wins

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I guess giving the last character and how my preferred character faired previously, I worry about ensuring at least the truly defining aspect of this game gets included. That being the music obviously. I’ll come up with a decision later :)

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Smt is based on a book but it's more of a parasite eve situation where it just takes some themes and ideas iirc (could be wrong on this one)
Technically it’s a spin-off of a game that was based on a book but to my knowledge, basically yea.

also I feel like geralt needs to either be casually dropped in via spirits of music with little to no fanfare making people think “wait… he’s a book character right” or be the last character with a super hype trailer like Sora

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom