• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ok, at risk of not getting NeiR content, I am submitting....

1668995534355.png

Killer Instinct

For those who don't know, Killer Instinct is a lgeacy franchise that first got its footing on the SNES and, despite having lackluster unimginative characters (Oh boy, an ice alien! A fire man! A cyborg! A plain skeleton! A raptor!); it was a commercial success spawned a multigame franchise. The game went on hiatus after Rare went to Microsoft but was brought back for XBox in 2013. The game is nearing it's decade mark but it still manages to deliver and still sees a tremendous following. Rumors are abound that a new game is in the works and is being headed up by none other than Bandai Namco who has taken helm of making Smash since 4. The soundtrack is particualr infamous as it was created by Mick Gordon. The soundtrack manages to take the themes and inspirations of each character and creates a bounding soundscape which defines and illustrates those traits. From the Tibetan chants and temple-like atmosphere of Jago's theme to it's darker, hevay metal counterpart Shadow Jago's Theme (complete with those chants!), the rave-party-in-the-jungle which represents Maya, to sci-fi/horror themes surrounding Glacius, to the in-your-face-curb-stomp-your-ass tour de force of B Orchid's Theme and, of course, the ever important theme song The Instinct. I am doing a lot by sacrificing a huge portion of what I love about NeiR Automata in hopes we get 2B in.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are our submissions for the DLC Music! Thank you to everyone for submitting them!

MELTY BLOOD
A spin-off of the VN Tsukihime that (for good or bad depending of what you think) it's way more popular that his original game, starting in 2001 it has a wiiide music selection that goes from very chill tunes, ominious music, silly songs, raw rock, vocal themes, etc. Maaaybe it would be weird that the representation fo Type-Moon in terms of music is an spin off but considering that it also kinda works as their own Smash Bros I think it works.​

Rivals of Aether
The best Smash alternative out there, has an amazing soundtrack that could fit well into Smash since both are Platform Fighters.
DLC music submission: Microsoft Windows

IIRC Venus has said Windows content would be allowed in non-fighter jobs, so how about we open the window? There's a wide variety of music to choose from here - the crux of the songs would be Sample Midis, but there's also installation music; game themes; and even promotional tracks. While I do doubt we could get Ninja Tuna or Highway Blues, most Windows tracks were either made for Microsoft or from Royalty Free libraries. Certain bundled and entertainment pack games are not Microsoft property - Chip's Challenge is owned by a small studio known as Niffler, while Space Cadet is owned by EA, who are already involved thanks to Crazy Dave.
E.V.O: Search for Eden
This game debuted in the SNES and has a lot of great soundtracks in addition to fun gameplay and lots of parts for the protagonist to evolve.

My suggested choices include starting ocean theme, Pangea desert, boss theme and Bolbox’s theme, especially the last one.

Also this game is owned by Square Enix

Halo
With Master Chief being reduced to a mii costume. I think Halo as a whole deserves more love by adding some of its amazing OST into Smash. Some of the songs can fit well with the some of the fights to get the hype going.
Music:
View attachment 363944
For this in need of a refresher, Dark Souls is a trilogy of action RPGs developed by FromSoftware infamous for it's unforgiving difficulty. It's also famous for its grandiose boss fights, it's minimalist presentation of its deep lore and above all else, it's music. The only bit of content we have in Smash that hails from Dark Souls is an Artorias Mii Costume and a few Spirits. So let's fix that and give Dark Souls a Music Pack.

Tournament:
At The Feet of Giants

A tournament dedicated to characters who have either become massive or have had boss fights where they were massive.

Characters:
  • Mario
  • Dark Samus
  • Pikachu (Pikachu has a Gigantamax form in SwSh)
  • Jigglypuff
  • Bowser
  • Ganondorf
  • Pokemon Trainer (Charizard possesses a Gigantamax form in SwSh)
  • King Dedede
  • Rosalina & Luma
  • Little Mac
  • PAC-MAN
  • Ms. PAC-MAN
  • Inkling (One of Splatoon 1's Special Weapons could transform you into a Kraken)
  • Ridley
  • King K. Rool
  • Sephiroth (If his Safer transformation counts)
  • Medusa
  • DJ Octavio
  • Dr. Eggman
  • King Boo
Stages: All franchises involved

Items: Super Mushrooms only
DLC Music Submission:

Dance Dance Revolution

Dance Dance Revolution 2019 logo.png

One of the most famous musical based video game franchises, this iconic symbol of the arcade would be a great choice for a music pack and would help add to Smash's legacy of representing all corners of gaming. While the games use some licensed songs, there are also more than enough original songs throughout the series that can be compiled into a pack.
DLC Music

Neon White

A game with a fantastic soundtrack by Machine Girl
Ok, at risk of not getting NeiR content, I am submitting....

View attachment 364015
Killer Instinct

For those who don't know, Killer Instinct is a lgeacy franchise that first got its footing on the SNES and, despite having lackluster unimginative characters (Oh boy, an ice alien! A fire man! A cyborg! A plain skeleton! A raptor!); it was a commercial success spawned a multigame franchise. The game went on hiatus after Rare went to Microsoft but was brought back for XBox in 2013. The game is nearing it's decade mark but it still manages to deliver and still sees a tremendous following. Rumors are abound that a new game is in the works and is being headed up by none other than Bandai Namco who has taken helm of making Smash since 4. The soundtrack is particualr infamous as it was created by Mick Gordon. The soundtrack manages to take the themes and inspirations of each character and creates a bounding soundscape which defines and illustrates those traits. From the Tibetan chants and temple-like atmosphere of Jago's theme to it's darker, hevay metal counterpart Shadow Jago's Theme (complete with those chants!), the rave-party-in-the-jungle which represents Maya, to sci-fi/horror themes surrounding Glacius, to the in-your-face-curb-stomp-your-ass tour de force of B Orchid's Theme and, of course, the ever important theme song The Instinct. I am doing a lot by sacrificing a huge portion of what I love about NeiR Automata in hopes we get 2B in.
In listed form:

• Melty Blood
  • Rivals of Aether
  • Microsoft
  • E.V.O. Search for Eden
  • Halo
  • Dark Souls
  • Dance Dance Revolution
  • Neon White
  • Killer Instinct
In addition, I am accepting both Genre Grapplers and At the Feet of Giants as Tournaments and will be inserted into our DLC rollout.

HERE IS THE LDC MUSIC VOTING LINK

Thank you everyone!

Here are the results of our Spirit Event voting. We will comence into Spirit submissions once this commences

Name3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Back in Black1 (3)1 (2)16
Celebration of Gaming6 (18)1 (2)121
Goons, At the Call02 (4)15
Hardcore Hardware02 (4)26
Armed and Dangerous1 (3)3 (6)413
One Hit Wonders2 (6)1 (2)210

The clear winner is

Celebration of Gaming

We already have quite a lot of Spirits showcasing history of gaming but we will be including more new Spirits in this event and ecapsulates gaming history and celebrates it. Spirits games that never appeared on a Nintendo console is allowed. If you inlclude prevoiously included SPirits, only include Launch ones. You can fidn them ehre

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Bertie the Brain
Bertie the Brain
Legend support - two extra stocks, 3 slots

Stage: Hazards-Off Pac-Maze
Song: Mario Bros.
Opponents: white Kirby x Infinite; White Mr. Game & Watch x Infinite
Rules: If you first hit a Kirby, you will be disqualified if you as much as hit or get hit by a Game & Watch, and vice versa. Survive 2 minutes

Spirit submission:
1669033185949.png
Bill Rizer (Contra)
(Artwork: Contra returns)
Class: Ace :starman::starman::starman:
Type: Primary attack, 1 slot
Effect: Super Scope equipped

• Puppet Fighter: Ryu (default), Ike (Default; reinforcement)
  • Stage: Kongo Falls
  • Music Track: Napalm man stage - Mega man 5
  • Match: Stock
  • Conditions:
  • - Defeat 2 opponents to win.
  • - Certain items will appear in large numbers (Shooting type weapons).
  • - The enemy & reinforcement start with super scope item.
Contra (1987) was considered as one of greatest video games of all time due to it's notorious difficulty.

Attachments

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Bertie the Brain
Bertie the Brain
Legend support - two extra stocks, 3 slots

Stage: Hazards-Off Pac-Maze
Song: Mario Bros.
Opponents: white Kirby x Infinite; White Mr. Game & Watch x Infinite
Rules: If you first hit a Kirby, you will be disqualified if you as much as hit or get hit by a Game & Watch, and vice versa. Survive 2 minutes
While I understand that this was technically one of the first computer games, this is inelligible as it's also a hardware. We are only accepting characters. Thank you for the submission though,

PastaRorroKuma

Smash Journeyman
1669046668347.png
Gordon Freeman (Half-Life)
Class: Ace
Type: Primary Neutral, 3slot
Effect: Beam Sword equipped

• Puppet Fighter: Ryu (orange), Zelda (Twilight Recolor; reinforcement)
  • Stage: Smashville
  • Music Track: Mega Man 2 Medley
  • Match: Stock
  • Conditions:
  • - Defeat the main opponent to win.
  • - The enemy starts with a Beam Sword.
  • - The reinforcement starts with a Ray Gun.

Half-Life is one of the most important franchises of the late 90's and 2000's, so yeah he's important

GolisoPower

Smash Master
1669079869558.png
Tennis For Two
Class: Legend
Type: Support Neutral, 1 Slot
Effect: Special Move Power ++
Stage: Night Walk
Opponent: :ultjokeralt:
Music: Flat Zone 2
Match: Stock
Rules:
  • The enemy has an Assist Trophy (Color TV-Game 15)
  • The enemy likes to avoid conflict
  • Bob-Ombs occasionally drop
I don't think I have to elaborate on why the first video game ever invented is so important.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Dangerous Dave
Novice
Extra jump power, 1 slot

Stage: Mushroomy Kingdom
Song: Super Mario Bros 3 Medley
Opponents: Mario (ray gun), Doomslayer (Samus appears if DLC is not purchased)
Rules: Stage will occasionally scroll faster
Created by John Romero, developer of Doom, Dangerous Dave ended up inspiring a lot of his own future work. He starred in an unreleased bootleg of Super Mario Bros. 3 called “Dangerous Dave in Copyright Infringement” which was monumental in establishing screen-scrolling techniques later used in games like Doom. That alone makes this character deserving of this list IMO

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
The Sims
The Sims Series
Class: Ace
Type: Primary Neutral, 2 slot
Effect: They spawn with all sorts of items

Puppet Fighter: Villager (Male), Isebelle (Female)
Stage: Mystery Island
Music: Title Theme - Animal Crossing
Rules:
  • Defeat about 30 fighters to win
  • A time limit of 5 minutes
  • Items are dropped all over the stage
Perhaps the most popular and known life simulation video game series and one of the best-selling gaming franchises as well

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
View attachment 364041William Alfred Higinbotham
Rules:
I don't think I have to elaborate on why the man who invented video games is so important. Before you object to this, though, do keep in mind that Dr. Kawashima is also a real-life human and is a Spirit in Smash.
Thank you for the submission but we are only accepting characters. Dr. Kawashima is indeed a real person but his gaming person is that of a video game character so it's not exactly the same situation.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Thank you for the submission but we are only accepting characters. Dr. Kawashima is indeed a real person but his gaming person is that of a video game character so it's not exactly the same situation.
Huh.

Then I got nothin', cuz.

EDIT: Wait, I think I got it, just give me a second

EDIT 2: Here we go!

View attachment 364064Tennis For Two
Rules:
I don't think I have to elaborate on why the first video game ever invented is so important.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So we have have several submissions that didn't get passed. Here are a feel things to remember:

1) It can be from any game but must be warranted within "celebration of gaming". It can't be just some random joe schmo from some game that debutted years ago but never took off but you only included cause you liked it.
2) Only video game characters
3)This celebration of gaming includes everything from the beginning of gaming to the console era of NES all the way up to our current era.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Arthas (Warcraft)
Class: Ace (Evolves into Legendary)
Type: Primary Neutral 1 Slot
Effect: Evolves into The Lich King
  • Puppet Fighter: Ike and then Ganondorf
  • Stage: Icicle Mountain
  • Music Track: Scala Ad Caelum
  • Match: One Stock
  • Conditions:
    • Freezing Floor
    • Pokeball Pokemon: Gogoat
    • The opponent's sword attacks are stronger
    • The opponent has super armor
    • The opponent like to use Smash Attacks
The Lich King (Warcraft)
Effect: Smash Attack Super Armor

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I feel we have enough votes to make a call and to do a combination of both Spirit and Music submissions.

Name3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Melty Blood2 (6)1 (2)19
Rivals of Aether01 (2)24
Microsoft2 (6)1 (2)19
EVO01 (2)02
Halo4 (12)3 (6)321
Dark Souls2 (6)1 (2)213
DDR2 (6)2 (4)18
Neon White01 (2)13
Killer Instinct2 (6)3 (6)315

It is pretty evident that the series, Halo, will be included as a DLC Music Bundle. Remember that we do have Halo repped as a Mii Costume which was included in Season 2 which appeared when Lara Crofy was revealed.

In additon to submitting Spirits, we will be submitting for Halo music.

I don't have any requirements for Halo music so games that fall under the series are open for inclusion.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I'm not sure if that means "if more people want to join they can" or "if you've already submitted you can post another" but here goes...
Boing Ball
Amiga
Legend class primary - speed up - Defense

Song: Beach (Plok)
Stage: Omega PictoChat
Opponent: Piranha Plant
Rules: Foe favours Neutral special, Nintendog ATs will spawn, you and the foe will simultaniously grow or shrink at random times

And a Halo song
One Final Effort

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
It's been little over an hour. I feel we have had a number of Spirits submittied. Please keep in mind that there will be a limited number of new Spirits.

We will begin moving to adding our last.....and final Character.

PLEASE READ THIS POST FULLY AS IT HAS IMPORTANT INFO

FINAL CHARACTER SUBMISSION DISCUSSION

Yes, we are there folks. Our last character for Smash Infinite. In there spirit of the submission process, I am technically allowing any character to be submitted as long as the character fulfills one of the below requirements:

1. Doesn't appear as a Launch or DLC Assist Trophy, Item, Pokeball Pokemon, Boss, or Mii Costume
    1. Now, if you feel the character you want to submit may be from a series that is repped by one of these above items but isn't featured as an assist trophy/mii costume/etc, then we can work around that. Please see Section 2.1 below for more info.
  2. 4th Party can be allowed BUT IF AND ONLY IF THAT CHARACTER IS HEAVILY AND I MEAN HEAVILY AFFILIATED WITH VIDEO GAMING.
    1. This is something I went back and forth on. No, and I mean no that characters like Ariana Grande, Shrek, Big Bird, and Scott the Woz are not allowed. I chose from the selection of characters that I feel best fits this category. Now, if you feel a character fits in with this category and I did not list them, you may bring it up to me. Please see Section 2.2 below.
      1. Goku (more games than you can shake a stick at)
      2. Spider-man (has numerous games under his belt with some of them being huge ones)
      3. Batman (same as above) <- Removed due to crossover with Multiversus. See Section 2.3
      4. Naruto (has tons of games much like Goku.)
      5. James Bond (While not entirely affiliated with gaming, Goldeneye and subsequent James Bond games have heavily shaped the FPS genre.)
        1. Spongebob was originally inlcuded but I removed due to avoid NASBR crossover. This NOT a debatable point
        2. DO NOT MAKE ME REGRET THIS!!!!!!
  3. Isn't from the following franchises: Elder Scrolls, Portal, Monster Hunter, Space Invaders, Chibi-Robo, Mappy, Blazblue, Final Fantasy, Halo, GTA, Project Diva, Chrono Trigger, Dead by Daylight, Halo, Overwatch)
    1. The reason I chose these are because either 1) it is a downloadable stage and/or 2) Downloadable music. We don't need a second downloadable stage and/or music for a series. The above situation for #1 doesn't apply to these above franchises.

Now, I know that in that past that some people forget about this buuuuuuuuuut......

WE ARE CURRENTLY IN DISCUSSION MODE!!!!!!!!

We won't so submission mode until 8 hours from now. When you consider your submissions, please keep in mind the following above information. If you have any questions, PLEASE PING ME so I can provide a quick answer as I will be on Smashboards more often today than before.

Section 2.1: If you have a character that might be from a series, say like Five Nights at Freddy, but it's not Freddy who is a Mii Costume; please bring that idea forward so I may consider it. I will provide my ruling for it and that ruling can't be contested.

Section 2.2: If you have a question regarding a character for #2, please ping and ask me. However, if I decline on that character and rule them as ineligible; that ruling can't be contested. So please do not try to debate with me about the potential of that character or why they can be inc;uded. I gave 5 characters out but I am BEING VERY STRICT on this section.

Section 2.3: I removed Batman due to not wanting to have a crossover between Multiversus which is, currently in the game world, a rival platform fighter. we want to avoid intersecting these as much as possible.

As this is the final character, there are things to consider:

#1: This character should create a huge buzz. Bayonetta did back in Smash 4 and Sora certainly did with Ultimate. This shouldn't be a dud and should generally illicit hype-inducing reception.
#2: This character should be visible enough that most players know who it is.
#3: This character and it's relevant bundle should bring in revenue for the game.
#4: Please no joke characters.
#5: We have had a number of series confirmed or deconfirmed in Infinite. Please always check the front page. It's not 100% up to date so PING me for any questions rgearding eligibility.

Again, we are in discussion mode. I want to encourage you to bring potential characters you are interested in submitting based on the above requirements and to ask me questions (or the thread at large) about if that character qualifiies. This is a discussion so you can all chime in on potential submissions, ideas, or even ask one another what they think of "x character" as a submission. That being said, this is not a time for submissions. This is just a time for brainstorming, discussion, and community.

LET"S GET DISCUSSING!!!!!

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I think 2B ticks all the marks for being a cap-off character. She's been a major pick for a lot of the third-party jobs of this entire thread, a lot of people know who she is be it through the game, the memes, or from a very understandable lust, Nier: Automata is on Switch right now, and goddammit we need Venus to have some vindication in the perfect send-off.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
To be fair, a conclusion character is a subject that is interesting to me...

I have an idea for a perfect 4th party character to conclude the DLC...

Darth Revan (KOTOR)

maxresdefault.jpg

This is not a submission but just an overall discussion point but...Star Wars has had a LONG history with video games, Darth Revan is a video game character first introduced in Knights of the Old Republic. He is canon in the main Star Wars universe but KOTOR is noted to be one of the top 100/200 video games of all time. It's also on the Switch as well so there's that.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The thing about adding a fourth party character is that we shouldn’t even add one unless it’s Goku IMO. I would love to have Batman or Spider-Man, but there’s really no point if it’s not Goku.
I agree. That is why I am severely limiting it. If people also agree to limit it to just Goku, we can do so. I did it more so that people wouldn't complain why Goku should be given all of the glory in terms of 4th party character status.

I may revist this ruling before we start the submission process.

Last edited:

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
A 4th party is sounds crazy but quite controversial.

I personally would think it should be saved for the definitive edition along with Master Hand.

But honestly, with how it limited with big gaming charatcers that would create a buzz with only possibly 2B, Hasabusa, Fornite, and a few more I may forgot for this final fighter job. Perhaps this is fine by me.

If you ask me to pick between 2B and Goku however, I'll pick Goku any day.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Outside of memes, I feel there are better fourth party characters with ties to video games outside of Goku.

Popeye, Godzilla, Darth Revan/a Star Wars rep, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, even Mickey Mouse. I don't think we should limit fourth parties to just Goku in my opinion.
Popeye: Not popular in Japan. Popeye as a game was only pivotal in early gaming but has gradually lost steam. This wouldn't be a good pick.
Godzilla: TOHO is incredibly stingy with their IPs. Plus, Ridley dilemma
Revan: My issue is that most might see a lack of Darth Vader and instantly get let down while a very small population of people would get excited.
TMNT: Want to avoid NASBR crossover
Mickey Mouse: This is a possibility

For now, it's limited solely to the following:

Goku
Naruto
Spider-man
James Bond

I decided to remove Batman due to crossover with Multiversus. I think this is an understandbale platform as we want to avoid having potential rival playformer fighting games to crossover. We did it before with Ratchet and Clank of PSASBR is long since dead.

Last edited:

PastaRorroKuma

Smash Journeyman
2B would fit as a final DLC but I think throwing off guard with something more unexpected like an Elden Ring character, Sub-Zero, Jonesy or a 4th party would be way cooler.
Not to mention Hayabusa is also there

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
Other then Goku, I like to believe Mickey Mouse also fits for being the first 4th party rep as well. Easily one of the most regonizeable characters ever and Disney is already techinally in Smash in the form of Kingdom Hearts.

With Mickey Mouse being in, the Disney side of KH will be included like some others wanted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom