• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
And keep in mind that these one specifically doesn't have any official art just yet, so it's sorry to say that please refrain from submitting battle for these 3 specifically (oh and also Fecto Forgo which might need to be replaced)
I wouldn’t mind just taking our renders that we have an making a png for it. I have no issues with this.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Then how come you weren't willing to make PNGs for my Get it Together spirits?
What was that one? I have no idea what it is.

Nevermind. I just looked them up. I had no idea what they were. That being said, that was during the launch portion of the game so there was a bit more discrepancy with what was allowed and wasn’t. Considering we are doing a Spirit event, in order to encourage involvement, I’m a bit more lenient on what could constitute as artwork.

I will be making an announcement concerning Infinite in the next few hours/once we finish this current job.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Actually, from looking at the submitted Spirits, I feel we have a good amount. Thank you everyone!!

Elfilin
Gorimomdo
Fecto Forgo
Caged Waddle Dees
Morpho Knight
Leongar
Mouthful Mode

I will also be submitting the following:
Awoofy
Crawloline

This will give us a nine total Spirits which I think is fitting for a Spirit Event.

Both Tales of Symphonia content submissions as well as Kirby and the Forgotten Land Spirit submissions are now closed.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will be conducting a new job in a couple more hours but I do want to do a discussion round. This is because it will take a little bit to get it ready to present to everyone as I needed to do some background work on it.

What three characters do you feel should be included in our Season 2?

We have thus far included Ratchet & Clank and Lloyd Irving. We will be including three more. What three characters do you think should be included in our Season 2 DLC? Putting forth three character doesn't mean that they will be included but does give me the general feeling that people have on how to round off our Season 2.

Please keep in the mind the following when thinking of a character. It doesn't mean that you have to use them as a benchmark on which characters you want to see. Just merely recommendations (except for the last one lol):
  • We need to sell DLC
  • We need to generate interest/hype for our product
  • Smash expectations
  • Keep it fun and engaging
  • Balance out our season 2 while keeping in mind we have Ratchet (a gimmick heavy projectile fighter from an IP) and Lloyd (a dual wielding stance fighter from a JRPG made by Namco)
  • Sony and Namco are out of the running

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I feel like we need another character who's from a company not yet represented in Smash.

Sony was a surprise to be sure, but I feel we need just one more. Here are some options among a sea of others:
  • MARVELOUS: Creators of franchises such as Senran Kagura, Daemon X Machina, and Rune Factory, Marvelous is a name to remember one way or another.
  • KOEI-TECMO: The lack of a playable character from this character is a flat-out anomaly. There are so many to pick from and yet none of them are playable in the slightest. We have Ryu Hayabusa, Kasumi, and Zhao Yun, among others. Koei-Tecmo has got a lot to pick from.
  • ARC SYSTEM WORKS: We have a lot of fighting game characters in Smash, and Sol Badguy was a popular-enough pick for that job that the only character that managed to beat him for the base game was Iori. After that, this thread agreed that he's a shoe-in for DLC. If he's submitted, then it's over. Pack your things because he's in, I guarantee you.
  • TYPE-MOON: Type-MOON has a metric ton of franchises that are interconnected in some manner or another. For the obvious, we have Saber, the face of the entire Fate Series. Despite its rather...erogenous beginnings, Fate's become a multimedia GIANT, with several popular anime shows, movies, and games. On the opposite end of the spectrum, we have Arcueid Brunestud, one of the main girls of Tsukhime and a playable character in the recent breakout title Melty Blood. Now obviously you'd be hard-pressed to pick Arcueid over Saber, but she's still got her own level of popularity.
  • RIOT GAMES: Say what you will about its mainstay franchise League of Legends, but that game was a godsend for the games industry: none of us would ever have eSports or streaming in the mainstream today. Now obviously there's a metric ton of characters to pick from but out of all of them, I'd say Ahri would be our best pick. I dunno if another Western company is out of the running, but Riot should be in the running thanks to Ruined King.
  • VALVE: Heavy was surprisingly a very popular pick for Smash, and Gabe Newell himself said he would be fine with any of them. But as of right now, I feel like Chell is our most likely pick thanks to Portal: Companion Collection blindsiding the entire gaming community by being announced for Switch in a Nintendo Direct 2 months ago. Again, dunno if Western companies are out for the season.

PastaRorroKuma

Smash Journeyman
I think two eastern reps that are decently requested (since most of the requested third parties at this point and that haven't been included here already are western) like Sol, Laharl, Professor Layton, Pyramid Head, Ryu Hayabusa or Lara Croft (I don't know if Lara counts considering she was created in the UK but is owned by a japanese company), I can see the western character in two ways, a western rep that isn't super big like Chell, Conker, Spyro, Scorpion, CJ or Gordon Freeman, or a big deal to end the pass like Master Chief or Rayman, the problem with adding a western character as fighter #3 or #4 is that there isn't any eastern characters left that will get to the level of Master Chief or Rayman (Correct me if I'm wrong with this last point btw).

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Angry Birds or Bad Piggies (preferably the latter) I think would be pretty cool.

We're really lacking in early 80s/pre-NES content, only really having Ms. Pac-Man. It'd be cool to get Space Invaders; a Midway game; Frogger; a 3rd Pac-Man/Namco Museum rep; Pitfall Harry; something like that. I'd say Q*Bert but he's Sony, and it seems Atari rep is disconfirmed by the Spirit Event.

Tetromino seems like the strangest exclusion currently from a "gaming history" perspective. Deserves much more than just a stage - the second Tetris stage could ge the Kremlin or a rocket.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Since there are plans for another Western character, a Valve rep or even something like a Midway rep would be a great choice. Angry Birds will also sell pretty well. Also, I think we planned on having a Nintendo character for this season so maybe something out of left field like Diskun , Daitoryo or the Mini Kangaroo.

For another Japanese character, Ryu Hayabusa for his place in the video game world plus a legit ninja fighter, Billy and Jimmy Lee (we do not have beat 'em ups really represented), Sol Badguy (for anime fighters), etc.

The 3 characters I want to see:
- Master Chief - Look, basically everyone wants Master Chief and he could fit in FPS character job.

- A 3rd Retro character - Yes, Retro character like Bill Rizer or frogger would actually fit in the season. Keep in mind that I want Bill and Frogger to be in Smash.

- A new Nintendo character - Yup, it would be unrepresented or represented one like Ring Fit Trainee or etc. We need a Nintendo DLC Character, since we haven't got a one in Smash Infinite (Not counting King Boo anyways).

D

Deleted member

Sol would be cool. We do have a lot of fighting game characters but I think he stands well enough on his own. Scorpion would also be pretty big.

Some way argue Saber is a little niche but I actualy kind of like the idea.

I don't care about League but it would make a splash and would be a huge get. As would a Valve rep. Personally I feel like it should be Freeman.

Koei is long overdue. Hyabusa would be both a legacy and a "oh finally." pick but we could go for a DW rep or something.

Dante is one of my most wanted. A MH rep could be cool. Is Travis out of the running?

I like the idea of something retro like Frogger but there's also appeal in something super modern like a Genshin character imo

we're doing the fps promnt, right? Is it finally time for Doomguy? MS wise if we wanna go with an unrepped genre a Warcraft person could be neat. I kind of like the idea of Fulgore though Sol or Scorpion make more sense.

Honestly a character from a third party franchise already in our game might be cool. I struggle to think who that could be though. Chun-Li? Tails? A third FF rep?

And there's always first parties

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
the Kremlin
Bad timing to say something like this

My thoughts?

ArcSys deserves a rep, and I'd argue either Sol or Kunio would make a great choice

Falcom and Type Moon also have hugely known franchises (in the case of the latter) or a long legacy of content (in the case of the former, though it's almost entirely JRPGS)

Hayabusa has no excuse not to be here. He really needs a spot.

Dante would be the hype ticket.

I still think Crash without Spyro is weird.

I'd say Hayabusa/Spyro or Dante/ArcSys Rep would be my preference

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
My top picks

Spyro (Just seems unnatural with Crash in the roster, plus Skylanders has had a big impact on Bintendo systems)

Virtual Boy (Just seems like a good joke/half serious pick, plus would continue the lineage of nintendo peripherals getting reps with Game and Watch and later ROB)

Paper Mario (Just would be pure hype for me persoanly)

Teddy (we have Mother 2 and 3 reps and he seems to be the most remembered party member of Mother 1)

More Mii classes (Want a Mii Mage and Mii Archer, maybe a Mii class pack)

Dark Lord (If we include that Mii pack idea we also need to include the Dark Lord)

Also a Eropean Video Game Character as we mainly have western and eastern characters, despite europe having some popular picks as well.

Tell me your opnion of these personal picks?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
My top picks

Spyro (Just seems unnatural with Crash in the roster, plus Skylanders has had a big impact on Bintendo systems)

Virtual Boy (Just seems like a good joke/half serious pick, plus would continue the lineage of nintendo peripherals getting reps with Game and Watch and later ROB)

Paper Mario (Just would be pure hype for me persoanly)

Teddy (we have Mother 2 and 3 reps and he seems to be the most remembered party member of Mother 1)

More Mii classes (Want a Mii Mage and Mii Archer, maybe a Mii class pack)

Dark Lord (If we include that Mii pack idea we also need to include the Dark Lord)

Also a Eropean Video Game Character as we mainly have western and eastern characters, despite europe having some popular picks as well.

Tell me your opnion of these personal picks?
Both Paper Mario and Dark Lord are out. Also, Europe is considered part of “the West”.

D

Deleted member

That's okay, but still we need some europe born video game characters. Rayman, Assasins Creed, Angry Birds, Witcher, Prince of Persia, a lot of great franchises
I'd be down with Witcher but it was a book first so it's out of the running. Rayman or AC would be fun picks though. Just realised we don't have an ubisoft rep yet

Last edited by a moderator:
Why cant costumes and characters exist at the same time, if Pyra and Min Min can will themselves from existence then why not Rayman
Dude, Mii Costumes deconfirm fighters.
(I don't want to be offensive)

And also Pythra and MinMin were spirits, so spirits can become fighters, but Miis can't.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
All the information is on the front page. Save for minor jobs here and there, anything you may want to know is on the front page.
Okay good, dont really care who gets it, just think having a european video game character would be a priority to add some variety

EDIT: RATMAN COSTUME EXISTS

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
As for me,

I struggle with what sort of first party dlc fighters that can could be included. The best bets we have are Xeno3 protag, C/S rep, Ring Fit, Fire Emblem, and Nintendo Switch sports or if we were to bring back a game that doesn’t have a rep yet and have it be like “submit a new game in the series” thing. It would have to be an actual character though, not an OC for consistency sake. Doshin, Fossil Fighters, The Last Story sequel/Pandora’s Tower sequel, etc come to mind. Even then though, the problem of creating a stage based on a no existing game with images to support that becomes problematic.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
As for me,

I struggle with what sort of first party dlc fighters that can could be included. The best bets we have are Xeno3 protag, C/S rep, Ring Fit, Fire Emblem, and Nintendo Switch sports or if we were to bring back a game that doesn’t have a rep yet and have it be like “submit a new game in the series” thing. It would have to be an actual character though, not an OC for consistency sake. Doshin, Fossil Fighters, The Last Story sequel/Pandora’s Tower sequel, etc come to mind. Even then though, the problem of creating a stage based on a no existing game with images to support that becomes problematic.
Would Daitoryo or Tengu be eligible? Smash Bros is just as much a celebration of Nintendo history as it is gaming history, and hanafuda was the literal first product they ever sold. Yeah, they're not video game characters, but R.O.B.'s literally a toy accessory for the NES and he's playable. As for the stage, it could be based on this building that doesn't exist anymore:
1650738846966.png

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Would Daitoryo or Tengu be eligible? Smash Bros is just as much a celebration of Nintendo history as it is gaming history, and hanafuda was the literal first product they ever sold. Yeah, they're not video game characters, but R.O.B.'s literally a toy accessory for the NES and he's playable. As for the stage, it could be based on this building that doesn't exist anymore:
View attachment 351050
Is that Nintendo’s yakuza building? Lol

If we could find Daitoryo artwork or a render, then I would be more ok. That’s why Crazy Dave was a bit tough as well as Barista as a strobe to keep out character renders fairly consistent.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Is that Nintendo’s yakuza building? Lol

If we could find Daitoryo artwork or a render, then I would be more ok. That’s why Crazy Dave was a bit tough as well as Barista as a strobe to keep out character renders fairly consistent.
Way ahead of you:

It's not much, but it's something.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I love fighting games, any character from a fighting game would be cool to see! (especially Sol Badguy or Ragna the Bloodedge).

Characters from Koei Tecmo would be cool to see, Ryu Hayabusa and Kasumi are the natural choices.

Another indie pick wouldn't be bad, Sunny/Omori from Omori would be interesing, making use of the emotion mechanic.

Of course a first party game could also be in, and I think someone from Metroid would be cool, like Raven Beak. XC3 is also in the way, but I think it would be better to wait to the release of the game.

Visual Novels are represented with Phoenix Wright, but another representation of the genre wouldn't be bad, someone from any Type-Moon work (Saber is the most obvious pick but maybe there is chance of another character like Arcueid Brunestud or even Aoko Aozaki since her game got a rerelease in Switch) or Danganronpa would be nice (maybe a multiple character like Hero, using the MCs of each game has skins).

Elden Ring gives once again more recognition to From Software, not matter if is the Elden Ring avatar (I don't known their name), Sekiro, the Hunter, any of the Dark Souls avatar (most likely the first one, the Chosen Undead) or even Artorias or Solaire are good picks.

FPS are another genre that lacks representation, so either Master Chief, the Doom Slayer or the more underground pick of William J. Blazkowicz would be some of my ideas.

And finally for my super bias pick, Dante, Dante is one of my favs and in general was one of the most solicited characters from Ultimate, so I think he is another good choice (another Hack n' Slash character in general would be cool tbh).

Edit: After thinking it more, some other cool ideas would be Marvelous rep (Travis or either Yumi or Asuka), someone from Ubisoft (an Assassin or Prince of Persia would be my choices, but of course most people would think in Rayman) and a more retro character (Final Fight, Shinobi or Street of Rage would be cool, also could be reps of the Beat em Up genre)

Last edited:
Eh, I wouldn't go that far. Daitoryo's kind of a special case here, as Nintendo's been selling hanafuda for literally over 100 years. It probably won't mean that Nintendo will be asking Wizards of the Coast to add Jace as a playable character.
Oh, right...
But still, Daitoryo is based on real Napoleon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom