• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I'm sorry if I missed this, but where are all the generic Smashspace items listed? I checked the front page under "Game Modes" and I could only find items associated with series, but not for the generic Smashspace items, such as the Japanese themed stuff we're currently submitting (or the Smashspace items for Summer and Fall). I also checked the wiki but couldn't find anything.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom I'm gonna resubmit Crush Crush:

I... can't think of much for this, mostly because I haven't been keeping up with which franchises have been repped so far. As such, I'm just gonna go with something I personally enjoy:

Spirit Event: Spirit Board - CRUSHED! (Crush Crush)
View attachment 349512
Crush Crush is a free-to-play idle dating sim that was ported to Switch earlier this year. As is typical of the genre, you play as a faceless protagonist who goes around and starts dating every female they see... even a literal bear. As for who would be added, there's not only the lovely ladies seen above, but also a whole bunch more, which you can find here:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you everyone for the submissions!

Here are our current lists:

Spirit Event:
View attachment 362212
Atelier Series
The Atelier series has become an extra-popular series thanks to the trilogy-subseries that's also on the Nintendo Switch, Atelier Ryza...and mainly because they were really, ahem, legging it. This Spirit Event will focus mainly on the protagonists that each entry in the series was inspired by, such as Sophie, Firis, Ayesha, and of course Ryza herself.

Japanese Item:
View attachment 362211
Sesshoseki
A recently-shattered legendary stone with heavy ties to one of the Three Great Beasts of Japan, the kitsune Tamamo-no-Mae. Interacting with it will create a spiritual projection of a kitsune. If you own the Legendary Riot Bundle, or are visited by a friend that owns the pack, there is also a chance that the Sesshoseki will create a spiritual projection of Ahri.
Spirit Event:
Grand Theft Auto V - IGN

Grand Theft Auto Series

Since we won't be getting an GTA rep anytime soon here. I think this is honestly the best chance they could be represented in smash in a way. Despite the game's violent nature, it's still one of the most popular western gaming franchises and has memorable characters that could be spirits for this event such as CJ, Big Smoke, Niko, Trevor, and etc.
Spirit Event

Neon White

A very well made Indie Shooter that actually debuted in an Indie World

Smash Space

Kanabo

A giant club commonly wielded by the Oni of japanese mythology
View attachment 362253
Disgaea

A popular RPG series with plenty of fun characters to make spirits
Spirit event: Fraymakers

Coming soon to Switch, this assist set would itself consist of crossovers - a character and an assist from two different games, packed into one!
Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom I'm gonna resubmit Crush Crush:
I will also submit Ark Survival Evolved
1665842603788.jpeg

Unlike the above games, spirits that could be submitted would be creatures like Rexes, Raptors, Triceratops along with both prehistoric mammals like Mammoths, Gigantopethicus and fantasy creatures like the ice mammal dragon Managamr and the gliding platypus Maewing.

Please use this link to vote

I'm sorry if I missed this, but where are all the generic Smashspace items listed? I checked the front page under "Game Modes" and I could only find items associated with series, but not for the generic Smashspace items, such as the Japanese themed stuff we're currently submitting (or the Smashspace items for Summer and Fall). I also checked the wiki but couldn't find anything.
I’m backlogged on everything. I’m more or less several months behind on cataloging our content.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
It’s been fixed.

So while we wait for votes to be submitted, we will start to brainstorm for our second to last character submission. Remember that this isn’t the second time last character as we will rearrange season 3 except for the last character who will remain as the last character.

Our next newcomer submission round after we submit Spirits for the Spirit Event will be a first party character. With that being said, which first party character do you think would be appropriate for our season 3 pass. Remember, this character will be bringing in additional content with them that is from their series such as a stage, spirits, music, etc. We already have lots of content from first party franchises so we have to be careful on what sort of character we include. Mario Bros. is the one series that won’t be allowed due to King Boo and Geno. Pokemon is ok. That being said, Zelda and Kirby will also be denied for having both a new fighter in the launch game plus having an echo.

We aren’t doing submissions. Just brainstorming for now. We will submit characters after our spirit event spirit submissions so probably in. A few days.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Alrighty, I know we just got EarthBound stuff with Ninten, but I just wanna throw out that we have all 3 protagonists...and not a single antagonist. Whether it's Giygas or Porky, I feel like an EarthBound villain would really put us full circle. I don't think we should do Porky because we already got Octavio and Eggman, so I think we should stick with Giygas. And before you ask, yes he actually does have a physical body in EarthBound Beginnings:
1665853165944.png

We could use this to our advantage here!

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Alrighty, I know we just got EarthBound stuff with Ninten, but I just wanna throw out that we have all 3 protagonists...and not a single antagonist. Whether it's Giygas or Porky, I feel like an EarthBound villain would really put us full circle. I don't think we should do Porky because we already got Octavio and Eggman, so I think we should stick with Giygas. And before you ask, yes he actually does have a physical body in EarthBound Beginnings:
View attachment 362285
We could use this to our advantage here!
I HAVE seen Giygas suggested as a Mewtwo Echo, but I don't know enough about Earthbound to know how accurate that would be...

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
maybe another Pokemon?

We only had one new Pokemon rep in this thread. So I think we could have another Pokemon rep.

Realistically, I also think maybe another Fire Emblem rep since its almost a tradition at this point.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
This is definitely gonna be the Xenoblade 3 guy. Let's be honest
Honestly, I've seen stuff about how "oh, it's gonna be Noah" and "No, it's gonna be Mio", and you know what I say to that? "Why not both?" The major gimmick to the game, the Ouroboros, demands that both sides work together to activate Interlinking, so it would make sense for Noah AND Mio to share the same slot like Pyra & Mythra before them.

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
Thank you everyone for the submissions!

Here are our current lists:

I will also submit Ark Survival Evolved
View attachment 362275
Unlike the above games, spirits that could be submitted would be creatures like Rexes, Raptors, Triceratops along with both prehistoric mammals like Mammoths, Gigantopethicus and fantasy creatures like the ice mammal dragon Managamr and the gliding platypus Maewing.

Please use this link to vote

I’m backlogged on everything. I’m more or less several months behind on cataloging our content.
You forgot to add Mass Effect btw

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Technically we have 2 new Pokémon reps, and one is our first mythical Pokémon in the game.

But yes, we totally need a new Pokémo.

I was hoping something from Unova or Galar (I would go with Lugia, but sadly that Pokémon and much of the Galar squad is ineligible)

But the Paldea ones are good too. Grafaiai and Cetitan are my main choices.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Maybe Ayumi Tachibana? Assuming she hasn't already been deconfirmed.
Assist trophied.

my best bet goes to:

Legends Arceus or Scarlet and Indigo rep
Xenoblade chronicles 3 rep
Ring fit trainer (we could even create a new game for it)
Colgate Fire Emblem rep

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I think another “nintendo history” rep that isn’t very represented would be good, maybe a virtual boy rep or someone like sukapon? We haven’t really had characters like that so far
Well, let's see...

Excite Biker is technically out due to being an assist
As is Sukapon but Sukapon is also a Mii Costume. Double Jeopardy
Mach Rider is a promotional Mii Costume
Mike Jones is an assist trophy
Ayumi Tachibana is an assist trophy
Balloon Fight is already a stage

Any ideas on what other "history fighters" that would bring in content that would make sense to be within a bundle?

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I think we ought to stick with "retro NES character" as a general prompt and see where we go from there.
Which characters would be eligible then? We won’t be doing any sort of promotions and, based on my knowledge, it’s a very small barrel.

No, we will probably keep the submission net open wide to allow for varied entries.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Yeah, considering almost all the decently well known retro characters that would fit for the job are ineligible because of Assist Trophy/Mii Costume shenanigans, limiting the pool to retro characters seems pretty silly and counterintuitive. As it stands now, if we aren't promoting anyone, the best choices seem to be the relatively modern characters.

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
Well, let's see...

Excite Biker is technically out due to being an assist
As is Sukapon but Sukapon is also a Mii Costume. Double Jeopardy
Mach Rider is a promotional Mii Costume
Mike Jones is an assist trophy
Ayumi Tachibana is an assist trophy
Balloon Fight is already a stage

Any ideas on what other "history fighters" that would bring in content that would make sense to be within a bundle?
9-Volt from Warioware?

The kid's a big Nintendo fan and his moveset can assoicated with nintendo history itself

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
9-Volt from Warioware?

The kid's a big Nintendo fan and his moveset can assoicated with nintendo history itself
We already have WarioWare content including Ashley in the game. Can we warrant a DLC bundle, which we need to sell, to be based on WarioWare?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the results of the Spirit Event voting!

Name3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Atlier1 (3)2 (4)29
GTA1 (3)2 (4)310
Neon White1 (3)2 (4)06
Disgaea1 (3)2 (4)512
Fraymakers6 (18)1 (2)020
CrushCrush01 (2)02
Ark1 (3)1 (2)16

Fraymakers wont he Spirit Event voting! So we will be submitting Spirits based on Fraymakers-only content. Please check our Spirit content to make sure there ins't an overlap, such as Riavls of Aether Spirits.

Follwing Spirit submissions, sometime tomorrow, we will be opening submissions for first-party character.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The Watcher & Peppino
Slay the Spire and Pizza Tower
Advanced class support - fog immunity

Opponents: Medusa colour Palutena, blue plumber Wario
Stage: Arena Ferox
Song: Midna's Lament (Ultimate)
Rules: Stamina, Palutena will randomly become either lighter or more powerful. Blue Wario will spawn as a reinforcemet when Palutena is at high damage, Wario favours grabs, Wario has lower stamina than Palutena, defeat Palutena to win
Chose these two for the juxtaposition points.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The Watcher & Peppino
Slay the Spire and Pizza Tower
Advanced class support - fog immunity

Opponents: Medusa colour Palutena, blue plumber Wario
Stage: Arena Ferox
Song: Midna's Lament (Ultimate)
Rules: Stamina, Palutena will randomly become either lighter or more powerful. Blue Wario will spawn as a reinforcemet when Palutena is at high damage, Wario favours grabs, Wario has lower stamina than Palutena, defeat Palutena to win
Chose these two for the juxtaposition points.
Please note to choose one or the other. In the past, we have allowed for dual submissions like Live a Live. But that was only because we decided to go that route as it made the most sense. Unless we decide to go that way for this Spirit Event (which I don't see happening), we will go with just single character submissions. The Spirit Event needs uniformality; not Spirits that espouse different themeings because of personal preferences.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Please note to choose one or the other. In the past, we have allowed for dual submissions like Live a Live. But that was only because we decided to go that route as it made the most sense. Unless we decide to go that way for this Spirit Event (which I don't see happening), we will go with just single character submissions. The Spirit Event needs uniformality; not Spirits that espouse different themeings because of personal preferences.
In that case, I would like the event to be revoked as I submitted it with the intention of the Spirits being 2-in-1, which I made very clear, as Fraymakers revolves around assists.
Spirit event: Fraymakers

Coming soon to Switch, this assist set would itself consist of crossovers - a character and an assist from two different games, packed into one!
If you plan to make changes to my submissions like this in future, inform me before voting starts.

Additionally, Peppino is an assist and not playable so he wouldn't make sense as a solo spirit.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Also, to everyone, please note that Orcane is already a Spirit. We won't have duplicates of the character. In addition, due to the game having characters from multiple crossovers series, the spirit count will be less than in previous game Spirit Events to account for "localization and liscencing".

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
In that case, I would like the event to be revoked as I submitted it with the intention of the Spirits being 2-in-1, which I made very clear, as Fraymakers revolves around assists.

If you plan to make changes to my submissions like this in future, inform me before voting starts.

Additionally, Peppino is an assist and not playable so he wouldn't make sense as a solo spirit.
The Spirit Event is already in progress. I won't be revoking it. I wasn't super invested on this current submission process as I have been busy and will continue to be busy. My attention to this project, as of late, has greatly diminished. Not due to a lack of interets but due to a lack of time. I am afraid to say but, more often than not, I post a ne wjob and results and don't check this until the next round. I am just short on time due to work and family.

As for the Spirit Event, if we do a dual Spirit submission, then EVERYONE will have to keep with this ruling.

That leaves besides the Watcher....

Octodad
Ultra Fishbunjin
Welltaro

Both Octane and CommanderVideo are Spirits and we won't have duplicate submissions (one for launch and the other for this Spirit Event)

So a total of three fighters who will be paired up with an assist for each submission.

So technically 6 more characters left.

3 actual fighters + 3 assists teams

Last edited:

PastaRorroKuma

Smash Journeyman
1665929725558.png

1665929753525.png
Ultra Fishbunjin 3000 & Captain Viridian
Ittle Dew/Slap City & VVVVVV
Primary Attack
Class: :starman::starman::starman:

Opponent: Incineroar (Blue) + Greninja
Stage: Mushroomy Kingdom (Battlefield)
Song: Menu 2 - Melee

Rules: Incineroar is stronger, Greninja is small and has more jump.
Chose these two since not only are they blue but also Ittle Dew and VVVVVV were published by Nicalis.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I will be out traveling and won't be home for a few more hours. From there, I have to go to work until late tonight. I will be a bit more free in the morning but not much. I will try to keep us updated on the upcoming jobs.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
1665932940200.png
1665932966125.png
Octodad & Diogenes (Octodad & Getting Over It With Bennett Foddy)
Defense Support
:starman: :starman:
Spirit Effect: Easier Dodging
Opponents: Octoling (Male), :ultmorton:
Stage: House (Backyard)
Song: Petal Glider
Rules:
  • Reinforcements will occasionally arrive (Morton)
  • The enemy has an easier time dodging
  • Periodic earthquakes will shake the stage
  • Defeat the main fighter to win (Octoling)
They're source materials are both rage games, so it'd make sense lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom