• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team

Welltaro & Tankman
(Downwell & Newgrounds)

Attack Primary
:starman::starman:
Effect: NA
Opponents: :ultwiifittrainerm:, Sami
Stage:
Song:
Rules:

• Reinforcements will occasionally arrive (Sami)
  • The opponent (Sami) prefers Neutral Specials
  • The opponent (WFT) prefers down aerials
  • The opponent (WFT) is equipped with a jetpack
  • Defeat the main fighter (WFT) to win

Last edited:

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
Can’t I just submit three sprits that is only the assets? It doesn’t sound fair when you currently have way more assets then there are actual playable characters.

It seems forceful to do 2 in 1 when it has tons of characters in general..

Last edited:

PastaRorroKuma

Smash Journeyman
damn it i'll get my rock boy in somehow

Welltaro & Kragg
(Downwell & Rivals of Aether)

Attack Primary
:starman::starman::starman:
Effect: Extra Jump
Opponents: :ultwiifittrainerm:, :ultsteve:
Stage: Final Destination
Song: Opening (Melee)
Rules:

• Reinforcements will occasionally arrive (Steve)
  • The opponent (Steve) prefers Neutral Specials
  • The opponent (WFT) prefers down aerials
  • The opponent (WFT) is equipped with a jetpack
  • Defeat the main fighter (WFT) to win
Platform fighters is the theme for this pair-up!
If Orcane couldn't get a spirit I don't think Kragg could

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
If Orcane couldn't get a spirit I don't think Kragg could
It’s because Orcane already has a spirit.

Can’t I just submit three sprits that is only the assets? It doesn’t sound fair when you currently have way more assets then there are actual playable characters.

It seems forceful to do 2 in 1 when it has tons of characters in general..
Considering we have three spirits already plus three additional ones, that makes six

To offset the lack of the two playable characters currently in Fraymakers…just this one time…

I will allow just two assist who will be Support Spirits in our Spirit Event.

Please submit just one.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
It’s because Orcane already has a spirit.

Considering we have three spirits already plus three additional ones, that makes six

To offset the lack of the two playable characters currently in Fraymakers…just this one time…

I will allow just two assist who will be Support Spirits in our Spirit Event.

Please submit just one.
There have already been support spirits of duos submitted. Also, this defeats the point of my submission since at that point they'd no longer be Fraymakers spirits.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Seriously this is all annoying. I could really care less. People want more spirits. People want their things to stay the same. It’s really all annoying.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Look everyone. I’m out with my family and trying to enjoy what
But there's a spirit for every element in RoA
View attachment 362324
But there's a spirit for every element in RoA
View attachment 362324
little free time I have. I’m done with this mess. Krage is I eligible Janx_uwu Janx_uwu as it’s already a spirit. So choose something else please

I have limited internet. Right now.

Since Wario3 made the event, I’m going to honor his request and deny other assists on their own to be submitted.

I’m busy so so expect the the next job tomorrow. I. Done

Last edited:

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
Sorry. I just sorta assume we can get to submit three characters in general from the game?

I understand that they wouldn't be from Freymakers otherwise but in that case. We can't just use the Freymakers artwork then? I'm kinda confused by the limits of this job.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
This is a little bit different as…

1) Wario3 made specific rules for this job that limits it to an extent. I want to honor those rules.

2) I never read through the rules and made assumptions before starting it.

3) We got spirits from the remaining playable characters plus an assist. Janx_uwu Janx_uwu needs to replace Kragg with another assist as wel already have Kragg spirit in Launch.

4) I had no idea what Fraymakers was before this started. Had I know what it was, I would have denied the submission as it’s a crossover and not an original series with original characters. That’s my own fault though for not keeping up with submissions. I’m simply too busy and too distracted to keep up with the project nowadays.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Considering we have all of the required spirits. We will move to our next job. Once I get home, I will get us started on it. I called off my night job (not that it affects anything. It’s instacart lol) so we will be able to start it. I need to explain things first before getting into it

Another thing, I am sorry for dropping the ball on this submission. I didn’t know what fraymakers was (but I don’t do indie games nor do I care for them really. Not my cup of tea) but I should of properly read the submission description to ensure I knew how it would be done. That being said, in the future, things like spirit event submissions can’t dictate how the spirit submissions or subsequent submissions will be conducted.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Sorry if the thread annoyed you on your day off. Hope you were still able to enjoy the time with your family.
No, it’s ok. I’m just…I’ve been under a lot of stress lately. I probably should be just more “it’s my way or the Highway, sorry” but I try to make everyone happy and to adjust it for everyone. People say I also have issues when someone asks me “did you do this?”; I instantly think I need to take care of it ASAP and drop everything I am doing. That applies for this thread but also on a different level as it’s a current discussion so I feel more I need to stop what I am doing and address things as people are waiting for me to do it.

It's something that has affected my relationships with people and how I conduct myself. It's worsened over the years.

Here are our spirit submissions:

• The Watcher & Peppino
  • Ultra Fishbunjin 3000 & Captain Viridan
  • Octodad & Diogenes
  • Welltaro & ?
That gives us a total of 8 characters which is a nice number.

We are waiting for Janx_uwu Janx_uwu to finetune this submission as Kragg has already been submitted a while back. If one isn't made, I will add the assist there. Maybe Tankman would be more appropriate?

So, without further waiting....

Submit a Nintendo DLC Newcomer

We will begin submitting Nintendo characters for our second to last submission character. Please keep in mind that this character technically won't be placed second to last for our character lineup as we will be rearranging everything BUT the last character. So, I have been doing a lot of thinking about this and, while a Nintendo character seems a bit....lackluster as apart of our third season DLC. I was thinking of ways that we can "enhance" speculation for future Smash games. Third party characters obviously influenced how speculation was conducted with Snake and Sonic opening the floodgates but characters like Mega Man, Cloud, Bayonetta, Joker, Banjo, Sephiroth, and Sora really opened things up to what is acceptable.

"Do third party characters only from games that appear on Nintendo consoles count?" It did but Joker technically stopped this line of thinking (well, we eventually DID get a game.)
"Can we get third party villains?" The answer was a tentative yes but always with "as long as a protag comes before". Usher in Sephiroth and Kazya.
"Sora can never get in cause of Disney." Cue last Ultimate character.
"Microsoft would rather use Chief or Steve to represent MS." Not only did we get Steve but Banjo preceeded him.

The only characters that gave us a feel definitive answers was Piranha Plant (generic enemies being playable), Min-Min (Spirit promotion), and Pyra/Mythra (same reasoning for Min-min). None of the launch characters answered questions that long echoed in Speculation.

Remember, this is in a pack that includes:

• Someone like Nightmare from SoulCalibur. Well, he didn't break any rules but is still a "villain before the protag" thing
  • Someone like Red who probably exploded a few minds here and there because of 1) indie and 2) Angry Birds
  • Someone like Doom Slayer who was considered as playable but deemed too violent. Broke the "too violent for Smash"rule
  • Someone like Ahri who is from an insanely popular franchise but also is technically a PC rep.

So I want our first party fighter to break a certain expectation. So, probably against my better judgement and probably opening myself to further headaches.

The first party character we are submitting must:

• Bring in content that will fill up a bundle which people are paying for. This includes a new stage. It would be wierd to have two new Galar stages so....
    • Sword/Shield rep ineligible (Galar Wild Area)
    • Metroid Dread rep is ineligible (Burenia)
    • Donkey Kong rep is ineligible (Sawmill Thrill and Dixie Kong)
    • Crafted World rep is ineligible (Crafted World)
    • New Horizons rep is ineligible (Mystery Island)
    • Punch-Out Rep is ineliglbe (Doc Louis Training Warehouse)
    • Xenoblade Chronicles X rep is ineliligible (New Los Angeles)
    • Chibi-Robo is ineligible (Sandersons House)
    • Any new 1st party series are also ineligible
  • Zelda, Kirby, and Mario are ineligible due to Marin, Impa, Bandana Dee, Galcta Knight, Waluigi, King Boo, and Geno
However, to smash those expectations and answer speculations long running question...

Assist Trophy and Mii Costume Promotions are allowed

Now, there is a catch. Thise only applies to Assist Trophy AND Mii Costume that were in the launch version of Infinite. In addition, character who have both a Mii Costume AND an Assist Trophy regardless if it appears in either Smash 4, Ultimate, or Infinite together are also not allowed. This includes characters like Saki, Sukapon, and more. That is the reason why your character you want to submit isn;t included. Fur

• Chibi-Robo
  • Hedlok
  • Ninjara
  • Wonder Red
  • Team Rocket Grunt
  • Marie & Callie
  • Paper Mario
  • Muddy Mole
  • Mach Rider
  • Kumatora (due to Ninten echo reveal)

So, aside from our submissions that don't fall into the "entirely new to Smash" field, here is what is acceptable:

• Ayumi Tachibana
  • Eggplant Wizard
  • Elite Beat Agents
  • Euden
  • Jody Summers
  • Mike Jones
  • Nintendog
  • Pyoro
  • Seteth
  • Zeke & Pandora
  • Andross
  • Devil
  • Dillon
  • Dr. Kawashima
  • Jill
  • Kat & Ana
  • Krystal
  • Lyn
  • Nikki
  • Phosphora
  • Sable Prince
  • Samurai Goroh
  • Sheriff
  • Starfy
  • Dunban
  • Lip
  • Ribbon Girl
  • Rex
  • Viridi
  • Primid
  • Catain Syrup

As always, please ping me and ask if this character submittable. Also, before you guys erupt with excitement, please please pelase for my own sanity....keep these in mind...

If you submit a character, please makre sure that the content that comes with it ensures that:

• stage
  • good amount of Spirits that we don't have yet
  • good amount of music that we don't have yet
  • related Mii Costumes
  • related additional content

As well as, while yo umight be 100% cool with buying this pack, do you think everyone else would be on board. Would this pack make us or lose us money?

So before you are like "YES!!! I WANT VIRIDI!!!!"

We already have Kid Icarus stages, spirits, music, etc. Do we need more of it? Actually think of what we might need and/or what would make a good bundle instead of your own wishes and desires. If you don't see a character that should be technically there, please ping me. If there is a character that you think should be there but I disagree, my ruling should be accepted without complaint.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Small question, but would Pokeball Pokémon promotions qualify?

If not, then I’ll do my research on something.
No they don't. I meant to include that but it escaped me. There wasn't a lot to cover.

Hisuian Zoroark won't count torwrds this though. Hsuian Zoroark is eligible.

The only Pokemon we will accept are ither from Legends Acreus or from the new game.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
SSBU_spirit_Ayumi_Tachibana.png

AYUMI TACHIBANA

Who is she?

Ayumi îs a major character in the Famicom Detective Club series.

In the original games, she is one of the main characters who helps out the main protagonist during the story. In the first game, The Missing Heir, she is an assistant of a detective agency and she finds the protagonist laying down on the ground in the middle of investigating a murder. In the prequel The Girl Who Stands Behind, she is a high school student who is part of a detective club and becomes a person of interest when her friend Yoko Kojima is murdered.

Why Ayumi?
Ayumi was originally considered as a playable character for Melee, but was relegated to a trophy due to "lack of familiarity abroad" and because "fighting doesn't embody the spirit of her series". However, we live in a vastly different world than we did at the time of Melee nearly over two decades ago. While not necessarily the most likely retro pick, nowadays if Sakurai put her in a Smash game, there wouldn't be too much of a problem.

How would she play?
I imagine she would be somewhat like Phoenix, but no so much she comes across as a clone. Maybe instead of the wacky courtroom hijinx of Phoenix, Ayumi would play more patiently and methodically. Assuming she made it to Melee I could probably see her being a semi-clone of Peach and Zelda.

What would she come with?
She would primarily come with songs and Spirits from the FDC series that aren't already in the game. As for her stage...that's honestly a tough one for me. Ushimitsu High School could work, but I'll leave that one up to you guys.​

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
EUDEN
1665969672007.png

Who Is He?
Euden is the main protagonist of the game Dragalia Lost, an IP made in collaboration between Nintendo and CyGames. One of eight children in the Alberian Royal Family, Euden is an inheritor of the dragonblood, which allows him to form pacts with Dragons, forces of nature that govern the balance of the world. After going into the woods to make a pact with the dragon Midgardsormr, Euden discovers the Mistholt and has a dreaded encounter with his father, who had been possessed by dark forces. In that encounter Euden finds himself separated from his sister Zethia, and has been framed for her kidnapping. Now branded a traitor to the nation, Euden teams up with a team of heroes to fight against the Dyrenell Empire, which consist of the paladyn Elisanne, the mercenary Ranzal, the Mistholt's caretaker Cleo and the sylvan trickster Luca to gain the power of the Greatwyrms and save his sister.

Why Euden?
Euden is from a game that saw surprising success for an all-original mobile IP from Nintendo, and though the service is, unfortunately, ending at the end of this November, once cannot deny the mark it has made along the way, collaborating with the likes of Princess Connect, Persona, Monster Hunter and Mega Man during its lifetime. Furthermore, the Pact system that Euden possesses is a unique take on transforming into a Dragon, a trait only found in Corrin. On top of that, in addition to Euden's dragon transformation, we could also give Euden a Special similar to Duck Hunt's Wild Gunman in the sense that he can summon one of his allies to attack alongside him, but I believe it could be more akin to how it's done with Captain Ginyu in Dragon Ball FighterZ.

How Would He Play?
Simple: though he possesses a sword, and as such would put off a lot of people, his previously-mentioned traits can be his saving graces. He has a Pact meter that functions similarly to Sol's Tension Gauge in the sense that it only fills up by being aggressive. Not to mention he would have some attacks that give him some good burst damage as well. If he uses an attack while the meter is full, he can transform into his Pactbound Dragon, Midgardsormr! In comparison, Midgardsormr would be a super-heavyweight character who loves tanking hits and is exceptionally great at killing his foes. He wouldn't be a separate fighter like with Pyra & Mythra, but Midgardsormr would still play a vital role in Euden's set regardless.

To summarize, Euden would be a very mobile, combo-heavy character who prioritizes rushing down on his foes to build up attack power, then calling upon Midgardsormr's power for the killing blow.

What Would He Come With?
As far as content's concerned, there's a lot to pull from. There are many memorable places that you explore in Dragalia Lost, but the most memorable is the Mistholt, your base of operations. With Spirits, you could have major story characters which involve the combat android Laxi, the former antagonistic assassin Alex and the Agito, a band of superbosses in the game. The game also has several good boss candidates to choose from, such as Phraeganoth, a mountain-sized volcano turtle, Sabnock, a dream demon, and Chronos, a time-manipulating fusion of the Greatwyrms. Furthermore, Dragalia Lost possesses a wide variety of memorable music, such as Bokurano Network, Overture, and A Frenzied Rage. various Mii Costumes can also include characters such as the Agito, the Alberian Royal Family, and various characters you encounter throughout the story.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Noah (Xenoblade Chronicles)

Noah is the main character of Xenoblade Chronicles 3.

Noah would be a swordfighter and also has access to the many different classes in Xenoblade 3

EUDEN
View attachment 362346
Who Is He?
Euden is the main protagonist of the game Dragalia Lost, an IP made in collaboration between Nintendo and CyGames. One of eight children in the Alberian Royal Family, Euden is an inheritor of the dragonblood, which allows him to form pacts with Dragons, forces of nature that govern the balance of the world. After going into the woods to make a pact with the dragon Midgardsormr, Euden discovers the Mistholt and has a dreaded encounter with his father, who had been possessed by dark forces. In that encounter Euden finds himself separated from his sister Zethia, and has been framed for her kidnapping. Now branded a traitor to the nation, Euden teams up with a team of heroes to fight against the Dyrenell Empire, which consist of the paladyn Elisanne, the mercenary Ranzal, the Mistholt's caretaker Cleo and the sylvan trickster Luca to gain the power of the Five Greatwyrms and save his sister.

Why Euden?
Euden is from a game that saw surprising success for an all-original mobile IP from Nintendo, and though the service is, unfortunately, ending at the end of this November, once cannot deny the mark it has made along the way, collaborating with the likes of Princess Connect, Persona, Monster Hunter and Mega Man during its lifetime. Furthermore, the Pact system that Euden possesses is a unique take on transforming into a Dragon, a trait only found in Corrin. On top of that, in addition to Euden's dragon transformation, we could also give Euden a Special similar to Duck Hunt's Wild Gunman in the sense that he can summon one of his allies to attack alongside him, but I believe it could be more akin to how it's done with Captain Ginyu in Dragon Ball FighterZ.

How Would He Play?
Simple: though he possesses a sword, and as such would put off a lot of people, his previously-mentioned traits can be his saving graces. He has a Pact meter that functions similarly to Sol's Tension Gauge in the sense that it only fills up by being aggressive. Not to mention he would have some attacks that give him some good burst damage as well. If he uses an attack while the meter is full, he can transform into his Pactbound Dragon, Midgardsormr! In comparison, Midgardsormr would be a super-heavyweight character who loves tanking hits and is exceptionally great at killing his foes. He wouldn't be a separate fighter like with Pyra & Mythra, but Midgardsormr would still play a vital role in Euden's set regardless.

To summarize, Euden would be a very mobile, combo-heavy character who prioritizes rushing down on his foes to build up attack power, then calling upon Midgardsormr's power for the killing blow.
I hope in this universe and especially our universe we get Dragalia Lost Re:Dive : (

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
In that case. I shall use Adrianette Bromide's writeup from the last first-party job for this one.

Hisuian Pokemon Trainer?

View attachment 354411

The first canonical player character to actually be able to fight other Pokémon in a mainline Pokémon, it's the main character of Legends: Arceus, officially named Rei and Akari. Thus, I think it would be okay for them to fight on the battlefield chucking balms, smoke bombs, rocks, etc... while getting assisted help from Hisuian exclusive Pokémon like Wyrdeer, H-Braviary and Sneasler. It would be another Trainer character but would be totally different from the Pokemon Trainer introduced in Brawl.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Ok, I have decided on something

Cetitan
Cetitan is an ice type Pokémon from gen 9. So far there was no playable ice types, so Cetitan would be an interesting choice. This Pokémon is also a land Whale and that would make that Pokémon unique amount the Pokémon cast.

Plus we can get Palmer area spirits. That should help promote the game a bit.

Overall, this is why Cetitan should be playable, and I considered Grafaiai, I think Cetitan would give out unique abilities and being a non starter.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
1666016522319.png

Amarogue and Ceruledge

Amarogue and Ceruledge were revealed in a Direct and new pokemon to Scarlet and Violet. They both focus on two aspects of combat with Amarogue utilizing both defense and firepower to unleash powerful energy blasts while Ceruledge is a mixture of speed and melee attacks that focuses on cutting up opponnets. In terms of combat, it would be similiar to Pyra and Myhra with the ability to switch them out but in the same vein with the Pokemon Trainer where Pokeballs are casted out. However, unlike Pyra and Myhra who focused mostly on one aspect of fighting which was via swords; these two utilizes two different types of fighting: swords and firepower. This would give the character even more variety on how they attack and damage the opponent. This doesn't even take into account of thier alternate typings which is Fire/Psychic and Fire/Ghost.

So, what about the content related to this character? Scarlet and Violet is due to come out on November 18th so in less than one month. If this character is voted in, I would make a recommendation we hold off any content until this game actually comes out. That being said, I would totally be all for creating a moveset (except for the Specials) based on moves we think these two could have. We could also work on Spirits based on the Pokemon we currently have revealed with more added later.

PastaRorroKuma

Smash Journeyman
1666019272029.png

Grafaiai - Pokemon Scarlet & Violet
One of the most well recieved Pokemons from the 9th gen with quite a unique design that would be very cool, it would be really neat to get a character with ink attacks that doesn't come from Splatoon.
The content Cetitan could bring to the game would come from Scarlet & Violet which has a lot of Pokemons with a good design + the stage would be amazing since S&V actually look good, perhaps we could get 2/3 new Pokeball summons as extra content.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Can I submit Tingle as a Tingle rep instead of a Zelda rep?
No. Not only that but Tingle is also a Mii Costume and an Assist Trophy so that's an automatic out. Characters who have both are ineligible. One or the other.

In regards to the last job, why don't we just not let people come up with specific rules in the first place.
The requirements for our last newcomer will be revealed then

Would Diver from Endless Ocean be allowed for this job?
Yes

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
If we're breaking fan rules here, I think I know the rule to demolish...

"NO MEME CHARACTERS."

Lechonk brings home the bacon!

The heccin' heftiest chonker to ever grace the world of Pokémon, Lechonk is a viral sensation thanks, in whole and not part, to his wholesome 100 name (likely) inspired by le Reddit slang.

From a gameplay perspective, I can imagine this big ol' chungus being a small bodied ultraheavyweight. His power, size and chonkiness makes up for the slow speed and short range caused by his stubby little legs - after all, that's muscle and not fat.

As Lechonk's movelist hasn't been revealed yet, we may have to get creative, which is always a plus.

Lechonk would, of course, break the rule of "no meme characters" in the most literal sense - this isn't just a funny pick, it's an actual meme - but he would also break the repetitive pattern Pokémon reps have always followed and even Sceptile didn't really break, as route 1 EXP fodder rather than a starter; mascot; or legendary.

Lechonk's content would most likely come with Scarlet & Violet content, though we could divert from expectation and include content based on other iconic Poképigs like Spoink and Tepig.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
In any case, I will be resubmitting The Diver.

The Diver (Endless Ocean)

1280x720.jpg

The Diver is the generic avatar character from Endless Ocean (aka Forever Blue in Japan). Endless Ocean was a game developed by Arika and published by Nintendo. The series only had 2 games but it is an underrated classic from the 2000s. Endless Ocean surprisingly has not received any content in any Smash game. That needs to change. Therefore, I feel The Diver can have a very unique play style being a heavy to represent it being underwater as well as an exploring gimmick. An overall solid pick to represent a nostalgic era of video games for Nintendo and what not.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Ring Fit Trainer (Ring Fit)

SSBU spirit Ring Fit Trainees.png

Ring Fit Adventure is one of the best selling games on the Nintendo Switch (it's actually in the Top 10, which is incredibly impressive for a brand new IP and is the only game from an IP that debuted on the Switch in the Top 10) and has favorable reviews from critics and fans alike, even being nominated for several game awards. The Ring Fit Trainer would bring an exercise based moveset, which would make it the second character in the game after Wii Fit Trainer with this distinction. I feel Ring Fit Trainer would be a great pick to represent the casual base of Nintendo which has expanded greatly in the Wii and Switch eras. Much like Wii Fit Trainer, the female would be the default costume since she's the more prominent one in the marketing, while the male would be an alternate, with both genders taking 6 slots each. The game itself would be a brand new combination of genres to be represented in Smash, specifically the combination of an exercise game and an RPG. Overall, I think this is a perfect opportunity to add one of the most successful modern Nintendo franchises still not represented by a playable character to Infinite.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I personally liked the Noah and Mio being a duo fighter idea presented earlier, however as someone already submitted solo Noah as a fighter, I didn't think it was a good idea to submit a separate duo fighter submission and potentially split the vote. My question is that if we do vote in Noah/XB3 in the general election, would there be a possibility of doing what we did for Sami and Andy back in the base game and voting on whether we want solo Noah or a duo with both Noah and Mio afterwards?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I personally liked the Noah and Mio being a duo fighter idea presented earlier, however as someone already submitted solo Noah as a fighter, I didn't think it was a good idea to submit a separate duo fighter submission and potentially split the vote. My question is that if we do vote in Noah/XB3 in the general election, would there be a possibility of doing what we did for Sami and Andy back in the base game and voting on whether we want solo Noah or a duo with both Noah and Mio afterwards?
Yea that what would happen.

Here are our submission everyone! Remember, this isn’t our second to last fighter as we will rearrange the season.

View attachment 362347
AYUMI TACHIBANA

Who is she?

Ayumi îs a major character in the Famicom Detective Club series.

In the original games, she is one of the main characters who helps out the main protagonist during the story. In the first game, The Missing Heir, she is an assistant of a detective agency and she finds the protagonist laying down on the ground in the middle of investigating a murder. In the prequel The Girl Who Stands Behind, she is a high school student who is part of a detective club and becomes a person of interest when her friend Yoko Kojima is murdered.

Why Ayumi?
Ayumi was originally considered as a playable character for Melee, but was relegated to a trophy due to "lack of familiarity abroad" and because "fighting doesn't embody the spirit of her series". However, we live in a vastly different world than we did at the time of Melee nearly over two decades ago. While not necessarily the most likely retro pick, nowadays if Sakurai put her in a Smash game, there wouldn't be too much of a problem.

How would she play?
I imagine she would be somewhat like Phoenix, but no so much she comes across as a clone. Maybe instead of the wacky courtroom hijinx of Phoenix, Ayumi would play more patiently and methodically. Assuming she made it to Melee I could probably see her being a semi-clone of Peach and Zelda.

What would she come with?
She would primarily come with songs and Spirits from the FDC series that aren't already in the game. As for her stage...that's honestly a tough one for me. Ushimitsu High School could work, but I'll leave that one up to you guys.​
EUDEN
View attachment 362346
Who Is He?
Euden is the main protagonist of the game Dragalia Lost, an IP made in collaboration between Nintendo and CyGames. One of eight children in the Alberian Royal Family, Euden is an inheritor of the dragonblood, which allows him to form pacts with Dragons, forces of nature that govern the balance of the world. After going into the woods to make a pact with the dragon Midgardsormr, Euden discovers the Mistholt and has a dreaded encounter with his father, who had been possessed by dark forces. In that encounter Euden finds himself separated from his sister Zethia, and has been framed for her kidnapping. Now branded a traitor to the nation, Euden teams up with a team of heroes to fight against the Dyrenell Empire, which consist of the paladyn Elisanne, the mercenary Ranzal, the Mistholt's caretaker Cleo and the sylvan trickster Luca to gain the power of the Greatwyrms and save his sister.

Why Euden?

How Would He Play?

What Would He Come With?
As far as content's concerned, there's a lot to pull from. There are many memorable places that you explore in Dragalia Lost, but the most memorable is the Mistholt, your base of operations. With Spirits, you could have major story characters which involve the combat android Laxi, the former antagonistic assassin Alex and the Agito, a band of superbosses in the game. The game also has several good boss candidates to choose from, such as Phraeganoth, a mountain-sized volcano turtle, Sabnock, a dream demon, and Chronos, a time-manipulating fusion of the Greatwyrms. Furthermore, Dragalia Lost possesses a wide variety of memorable music, such as Bokurano Network, Overture, and A Frenzied Rage. various Mii Costumes can also include characters such as the Agito, the Alberian Royal Family, and various characters you encounter throughout the story.
Noah (Xenoblade Chronicles)

Noah is the main character of Xenoblade Chronicles 3.

Noah would be a swordfighter and also has access to the many different classes in Xenoblade 3

I hope in this universe and especially our universe we get Dragalia Lost Re:Dive : (
I have a previous writeup somewhere but it needs no introduction.

MASTER HAND

(I dont even know how eligible this is but I've bided in silence for this long enough.)View attachment 362348
In that case. I shall use Adrianette Bromide's writeup from the last first-party job for this one.
Ok, I have decided on something

Cetitan
Cetitan is an ice type Pokémon from gen 9. So far there was no playable ice types, so Cetitan would be an interesting choice. This Pokémon is also a land Whale and that would make that Pokémon unique amount the Pokémon cast.

Plus we can get Palmer area spirits. That should help promote the game a bit.

Overall, this is why Cetitan should be playable, and I considered Grafaiai, I think Cetitan would give out unique abilities and being a non starter.
View attachment 362356
Amarogue and Ceruledge

Amarogue and Ceruledge were revealed in a Direct and new pokemon to Scarlet and Violet. They both focus on two aspects of combat with Amarogue utilizing both defense and firepower to unleash powerful energy blasts while Ceruledge is a mixture of speed and melee attacks that focuses on cutting up opponnets. In terms of combat, it would be similiar to Pyra and Myhra with the ability to switch them out but in the same vein with the Pokemon Trainer where Pokeballs are casted out. However, unlike Pyra and Myhra who focused mostly on one aspect of fighting which was via swords; these two utilizes two different types of fighting: swords and firepower. This would give the character even more variety on how they attack and damage the opponent. This doesn't even take into account of thier alternate typings which is Fire/Psychic and Fire/Ghost.

So, what about the content related to this character? Scarlet and Violet is due to come out on November 18th so in less than one month. If this character is voted in, I would make a recommendation we hold off any content until this game actually comes out. That being said, I would totally be all for creating a moveset (except for the Specials) based on moves we think these two could have. We could also work on Spirits based on the Pokemon we currently have revealed with more added later.
View attachment 362363
Grafaiai - Pokemon Scarlet & Violet
One of the most well recieved Pokemons from the 9th gen with quite a unique design that would be very cool, it would be really neat to get a character with ink attacks that doesn't come from Splatoon.
The content Cetitan could bring to the game would come from Scarlet & Violet which has a lot of Pokemons with a good design + the stage would be amazing since S&V actually look good, perhaps we could get 2/3 new Pokeball summons as extra content.
If we're breaking fan rules here, I think I know the rule to demolish...

"NO MEME CHARACTERS."

Lechonk brings home the bacon!

The heccin' heftiest chonker to ever grace the world of Pokémon, Lechonk is a viral sensation thanks, in whole and not part, to his wholesome 100 name (likely) inspired by le Reddit slang.

From a gameplay perspective, I can imagine this big ol' chungus being a small bodied ultraheavyweight. His power, size and chonkiness makes up for the slow speed and short range caused by his stubby little legs - after all, that's muscle and not fat.

As Lechonk's movelist hasn't been revealed yet, we may have to get creative, which is always a plus.

Lechonk would, of course, break the rule of "no meme characters" in the most literal sense - this isn't just a funny pick, it's an actual meme - but he would also break the repetitive pattern Pokémon reps have always followed and even Sceptile didn't really break, as route 1 EXP fodder rather than a starter; mascot; or legendary.

Lechonk's content would most likely come with Scarlet & Violet content, though we could divert from expectation and include content based on other iconic Poképigs like Spoink and Tepig.
In any case, I will be resubmitting The Diver.

The Diver (Endless Ocean)

1280x720.jpg

The Diver is the generic avatar character from Endless Ocean (aka Forever Blue in Japan). Endless Ocean was a game developed by Arika and published by Nintendo. The series only had 2 games but it is an underrated classic from the 2000s. Endless Ocean surprisingly has not received any content in any Smash game. That needs to change. Therefore, I feel The Diver can have a very unique play style being a heavy to represent it being underwater as well as an exploring gimmick. An overall solid pick to represent a nostalgic era of video games for Nintendo and what not.
Ring Fit Trainer (Ring Fit)

SSBU spirit Ring Fit Trainees.png

Ring Fit Adventure is one of the best selling games on the Nintendo Switch (it's actually in the Top 10, which is incredibly impressive for a brand new IP and is the only game from an IP that debuted on the Switch in the Top 10) and has favorable reviews from critics and fans alike, even being nominated for several game awards. The Ring Fit Trainer would bring an exercise based moveset, which would make it the second character in the game after Wii Fit Trainer with this distinction. I feel Ring Fit Trainer would be a great pick to represent the casual base of Nintendo which has expanded greatly in the Wii and Switch eras. Much like Wii Fit Trainer, the female would be the default costume since she's the more prominent one in the marketing, while the male would be an alternate, with both genders taking 6 slots each. The game itself would be a brand new combination of genres to be represented in Smash, specifically the combination of an exercise game and an RPG. Overall, I think this is a perfect opportunity to add one of the most successful modern Nintendo franchises still not represented by a playable character to Infinite.
Sorry, I don’t have any time too put them into list form. Please vote for which first party character that seems would fit best in a season 3 bundle. Remember that not only will be working on movesets and additional content for this character but will also include things such as stages, spirits, and music. We had a number of S/I content so we can postpone this should we vote one of these characters in.

Here is the voting link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom