• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the results of Echo Fighter voting!

First Party
Name3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Mienshao01 (2)02
Ninten4 (12)3 (6)220
Hsuian Zoroark1 (3)1 (2)05
Paula3 (9)0211
Dry Bowser1 (3)5 (10)316
Birdo2 (6)1 (2)19
Black Shadow3 (9)2 (4)215
Kiran0033

Third Party
Name3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Roxas/Xion05 (10)212
Metal Sonic1 (3)159
Abel1 (3)003
Roll4 (12)0315
Jeanne5 (15)5 (10)025
Big Boss3 (9)3 (6)217

Sorry everyone, I tried to do the inline spoilers but I don't have much time to do that. So, the results are in and the following characters will be appearing as our second Echo Fighter pass!

Ninten
MOTHER
Echo of Ness​
Jeanne
Bayonetta
Echo of Bayonetta​
1665432920971.png
1665432849825.png

Upcoming Ninten and Jeanne job in the new few hours

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Dude, ever since Echo Fighters were introduced, Ninten has been one of the most requested ones to be added. Is it really THAT surprising we added him here?
I'm not talking popularity, I'm talking logically - Ninten doesn't use offensive PSI and is literally only ever considered as a Ness clone because of how similar he looks - which is ultimately an even bigger reason why he should be unique (if added at all) and not an echo - what's the point of a literal identical clone?

If anything he'd probably make more sense as some kind of Link-Ness hybrid echo - keep Ness' down B, make the arrow a slingshot, have Link's Up B performed with a bat, keep Link's side B, everything else from Ness.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I dunno anything about Mother so I can't comment on that. Jaenne is nice though

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So now I'm noticing a trend with these release patterns for the Echo Packs.

Our final Echo Pack will be releasing between Doom Slayer and Ahri (Or whoever becomes the third and fourth fighters in this Season), I take?

As for the Echo picks themselves, I think those're a good selection. Didn't expect Ninten to make it, but in hindsight it was kinda obvious.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ninten and Jeanne Echo Differences

As I mentioned before, Ninten and Jeanne wwill have some differences from their base fighters. I feel that is is particualry true for Jeanne as, unless I am not mistaken. she can't utilize Madame Butterfly. For that reason, we would have to repurpose her grounded up special. The idea is that Ninten and Jeanne should remain relatively close to their base figher while changing the stats very slightly and doing about a 10% moverhaul of the movesrt that is fitting with the character. That means, changing the names of the attacks is perfectly fine while changing the properties should be down sparingly.

So....based on what, what aspects of Ninten and Jeanne should we change from their base fighters?

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
I honestly didn't really think Ninten as a echo would make some disappointed here. I thought it just be neat to have another Earthbound protag. Besides, I think Ness and Lucas borrow PSI powers from their allies in their moveset. Why can't Ninten borrow and learn from one of his allies as well for him to use some offensive PSI?

Ninten's neutral special would be either using PSI Power Up to boost his strength a little or borrow PK Freeze from Ana but it somewhat funcions like Ness's PK Flash.

His up special would allow him to use the 4D Sip to get himself back and Side special can have him borrow PK Beam from Ana or use a boomerang to hit the enemies from a distance as well.

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Ok, wtf, of all the choices made, they choose Ninten.

I am close to calling it quits, but I’m not.

I got to see this through, so I‘ll suck up this anger and get it though.

I still prefer Paula as a Ness echo thank you very much.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
For Jeanne, I could see the following:

All her specials remains the same except for the following:

When using Witch Time, Jeanne uses Moth Within. Visual and sound difference but functions ..

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So, first order of business: Jeanne. I agree with the general consensus in that her Witch Time should be tighter-timed (Not EWGF level, but somewhere close), but more potent in turn. Also, replace all Madama Butterfly references with Madama Styx.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Stats wise, here’s my idea:

Ninten has quicker frame data by a small margin compared to Ness which means hits faster and earlier in comparison. That being by said, he is a tad bit weaker with less damage potential than Ness.

Jeanne is more different to Bayonetta with than Ninten is to Ness. She requires a bit more precision to use. Stats wise, she is noticeable slower than Bayonetta in movement but with slightly more floatier mechanics. Her attack power remains the same though.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Let me see if I can work with Ninten as a Ness clone here...

PK Fire is replaced by PSI-Powered Boomerang. (Not "PSI Boomerang" or "PK Boomerang", mind you - he doesn't create the boomerang with PSI) Ninten throws a boomerang with some vague psychic energy thrown into it. If it hits on the way forwards it functions like Lucas', if it hits on the way back it functions like Ness'.

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
FWI, I was preferring Ninten as a Semi Clone, you know like Lucas. Ninten predated Ness and it made less sense for him to be a Ness echo since he came before him.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you every for discussing about these two echoes. I will consider our options and present my findings to you. Our next job is…

Submit Misc Info for Ninten and Jeanne

This includes the following content:

Taunts (4)
Entrance Animation (1)
Victory Poses (3)
Idle Poses (2)
Kirby Hat (1)
Boxing Ring Title (1)
Debut Tagline (1)
Guidance (2)
Classic Mode Route (1)

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Jeanne Entrance: Jeanne lands on the ground on her motorcycle and brakes to a halt before she enters her battle stance.

Kirby Hats:

Jeanne: Kirby gains Jeanne's hair and goggles from Bayonetta 2.

Ninten: Kirby gains Ninten's cap. To differentiate from Ness, the brim of the cap is facing forwards. Furthermore, a tuft of hair is also seen from the hat situated between Kirby's eyes.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We got very little submissions for these characters. I will keep submissions open for a little while longer.

Submit Alternate Colors for Jeanne and Ninten

For Ninten, we will just be submititng alternate colors much like how Ness as them. Please indiciate what color slot the color will be attributed to to avoid crossover and the source. For Jeanne, we will be going the Bayonetta route and allowing for an alternate costume:

Default (Bayonetta 2)
Costume 1 (Bayonetta 1)
1665595676345.png
1665595727736.png

Please indiciate what color slot goes into which costume. 6 total costumes for both.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Jeanne:
1665598740714.png

Uniformed (White Default):
An alternate color for Jeanne's default costume from Bayonetta 2.

Ninten:
1665598836635.png

Teddy (Red):
A playable party member from EarthBound Beginnings. Ninten's cap will become black with a red rim, his shirt and pants will become a solid red and yellow respectively, and the shirt will bear a sprite of a member of the Bla-Bla Gang.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Ninten alt: Plain blue shirt, cream coloured shorts, black brim on red hat. black bandanna. All colours are more dark.

References his orginal pre-localisation sprite.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hey everyone! So content for Ninten and Jeanne is at a close but that doesn’t mean that we are accepting submissions! You are always welcome to look at the front page and see what we are missing. I know I have additional content stuff that needs being added in. This saves me a lot of work plus also allows you to add something that might not be our current job.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So we will be progressing forward to our next jobs which are...

Submit a new video game series to base a Spirit Event off of
Like previous games such as Live a Live and Dead by Daylight, we will be submitting a game series to base a Spirit Event off of. This will obviously cause any newcomers from that series to not be eligible for future newcomer submissions. This series must not be within Smash yet; either as Spirits or music. Please just submit the game series and what it would make for a good event. The series must have been on a nitendo system at some point in time.

Submit Japanese-related Items for SmashSpace

We will be submitting items that are Japanese-related such dig deep into Japanese cultural and historical lore to bring forth quality submissions!

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Spirit Event:
1665711867948.png

Atelier Series
The Atelier series has become an extra-popular series thanks to the trilogy-subseries that's also on the Nintendo Switch, Atelier Ryza...and mainly because they were really, ahem, legging it. This Spirit Event will focus mainly on the protagonists that each entry in the series was inspired by, such as Sophie, Firis, Ayesha, and of course Ryza herself.

Japanese Item:
1665711517554.png

Sesshoseki
A recently-shattered legendary stone with heavy ties to one of the Three Great Beasts of Japan, the kitsune Tamamo-no-Mae. Interacting with it will create a spiritual projection of a kitsune. If you own the Legendary Riot Bundle, or are visited by a friend that owns the pack, there is also a chance that the Sesshoseki will create a spiritual projection of Ahri.

Last edited:

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
Spirit Event:
Grand Theft Auto V - IGN

Grand Theft Auto Series

Since we won't be getting an GTA rep anytime soon here. I think this is honestly the best chance they could be represented in smash in a way. Despite the game's violent nature, it's still one of the most popular western gaming franchises and has memorable characters that could be spirits for this event such as CJ, Big Smoke, Niko, Trevor, and etc.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Spirit Event

Neon White

A very well made Indie Shooter that actually debuted in an Indie World

Smash Space

Kanabo

A giant club commonly wielded by the Oni of japanese mythology

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

capsule_616x353.jpg