• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Oh. Guess you were the only one to notice
I forgot to add that to the poll title. Laziness and ignorance on my part. If I put the option to vote for 2, I will make sure to let the thread know. I thought it would alert people to vote for two if they tried submitting votes.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Submit a Third Party Mii Costume

This is sort of like the Travis Touchdown appearing in the same wave as Steve, Doomguy with Sora, Altair with Byleth, Dragonborn and Dante with Heihachi. This would be a hard deconfirm for character but shouldn't have any sort of connection to Tomb Raider or anything related to it. This includes genre, company, or even crossovers (wait...Heihachi and Dante did crossover that one time...) The character should be popular as to be a "oh noooooo" type deconfirmation.

We will also be including a veteran poll in a little bit.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I'm tempted to submit Bubsy, but I feel he needs to be spaced out from Gex for his inclusion to be truly rewarding. His reveal also strikes me as more of a Sans "did they just-" than a Dante "oh noooooooo"

Tetromino Heads

These outright replace your Mii's head with a Tetromino
  1. Light Blue = I Block Vertical
  2. Black = I Block Horizontal (Light Blue)
  3. Orange = L Block
  4. Dark Blue = J Block
  5. Brown = Horizontal L Block (Orange)
  6. Green = S Block
  7. Red = Z Block
  8. Olive = Vertical S Block (Green)
  9. Purple = T Block
  10. White = Sideways T block (Purple)
  11. Pink = Upsidedown T block (Purple)
  12. Yellow = O Block
For heads that go outside the hitbox (the I block in particular), the parts that aren't hittable are slightly transparent.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
1654131852138.png

Akira Tadokoro (Mii Gunner)
The protagonist of the Flow scenario of the cult-classic RPG and upcoming HD-2D remake Live A Live, Akira Tadokoro is an orphan with psychic powers who lives with his sister in the Chibikko House in the near future. In Smash Bros, Akira's costume would consist of two components: his spiky hair as a wig, and his signature biker gear that he wears throughout the story. For the actual Gunner part of the costume, Akira uses a glowing purple hand that's constantly emitting smoke.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Maybe not a "oh nooooo" situation for a lot of people, but this would make me sad.

MOMOHIME (MURAMASA THE DEMON BLADE) :ultswordfighter:
Momohime is one of the two main protagonists and playable characters of the RPG/Beat em' Up game Muramasa The Demon Blade, developed by Vanillaware and being at the start a Wii exclusive game being later released for the Vita has a remaster. Her costume would be a wig with her hairstyle and the rest of the otufit, of course being edited to fit the Mii's body having a longer kimono. Has I said there are two protagonists but Momohime is the most recognizable face between the two. At least we would still have Gwendolyn from Odin Sphere....right?

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Master
Writing Team
Well, I was going to submit someone like 2B but for this job, I feel its necessary to stick with things we personally like so we aren't caught up in the mindset of 'I don't want this character and they're popular'. That's just something I've personally suffered from in past disconfirm jobs. Anyways...

Shadow (:ultbrawler:/:ultgunner:)

Shadow The Hedgehog is one of the most popular characters in the Sonic The Hedgehog franchise, dating back to 2001's Sonic Adventure 2. He equaled Sonic in their abilities, had a tragic and somewhat complicated backstory, and a special connection with Chaos energy. Shadow became such a fan-favorite that he got his own game just four years later, which was named after him. In said game is where the Ultimate Life Form earned his reputation of being an edgy "by all means neccessary" type who didn't mind using guns, as little sense as that makes. Still, the personality stuck, and Shadow remains today, Edgy the Hedgy.

In Infinite, the Shadow costume would have the same composition as the ones for Tails, Knuckles and Amy. His Mii Gunner costume is armed with The Shadow Rifle, an uber-powerful handgun that is recieved upon seeing all endings of Shadow The Hedgehog (the game). Shadow is included with a Mii Brawler option, however. This is due to many fans of the character disagreeing with the character's current depiction and usage of heavy artillery.

Now forget everything I just said and go vote for Tetromino Heads

PastaRorroKuma

Smash Journeyman
latest (1).png

Laharl from Disgaea (:ultswordfighter:)
He definetly comes from a popular franchise and he is decently requested.
In terms of the costume, his hair would be the headwear for this costume and his body, clothes and scarf would serve as the body of the costume and his big sword would be the weapon, but smaller obviously.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
While I am fine with having a general Call of Duty Soldier, having a names character I think would be far more appealing. Captain Price is the de facto character of Call of Dury: Modern Warfare and , I had considered basing the model off early CoD soldiers but seeing as how Smash is technically a Japanese game and seeing an American soldier fight Japanese made characters might be controversial. So I opted for the fictional universe of Modern Warfare. For the character I chose…

Ghost
Ghost is a Mii Gunner who has a distinct outfit that would be appealing on a Mii Fighter costume. In terms of design, it would cover most of the Mii Fighter which includes the mask. This would be an “oh noooo” moment for many since CoD is a massive series but also because CoD would be apart of Smash canon and it’s shared universe.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Just to let people know following this, we will do our Deluxe job. This one will be a bit different comapred to our last ones we had: Big Daddy, Shovel Knight, and Earthworm Jim.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
View attachment 353821
Akira Tadokoro (Mii Gunner)
The protagonist of the Flow scenario of the cult-classic RPG and upcoming HD-2D remake Live A Live, Akira Tadokoro is an orphan with psychic powers who lives with his sister in the Chibikko House in the near future. In Smash Bros, Akira's costume would consist of two components: his spiky hair as a wig, and his signature biker gear that he wears throughout the story. For the actual Gunner part of the costume, Akira uses a glowing purple hand that's constantly emitting smoke.
Maybe not a "oh nooooo" situation for a lot of people, but this would make me sad.

MOMOHIME (MURAMASA THE DEMON BLADE) :ultswordfighter:
Momohime is one of the two main protagonists and playable characters of the RPG/Beat em' Up game Muramasa The Demon Blade, developed by Vanillaware and being at the start a Wii exclusive game being later released for the Vita has a remaster. Her costume would be a wig with her hairstyle and the rest of the otufit, of course being edited to fit the Mii's body having a longer kimono. Has I said there are two protagonists but Momohime is the most recognizable face between the two. At least we would still have Gwendolyn from Odin Sphere....right?
One of my jobs in this world is enrage my cousin, so I will propose the other character he wanted playable >: )

I submit Gwendoly from Odin Sphere, she would be a Swordfighter adjusting her spear making it shorter to resemble the Mii's sword.

These characters are exactly "popular" nor are they the type of "oh noooo" deconfirmation aside from just personal bias. We are looking to illicit an industry wide response.

You are free to resubmit somehting else OR provide further explanaition why you think these characters are within the same category as the likes of Dante, Travis Touchdone, Doomslayer, Shantae, etc. Popular characters who were deconfirmed.

This would be "Oh noooo" moment mii costume for smash...

Third Party costume submission:
CJ (GTA) (Mii Brawler/Gunner/Swordfighter)
1654190186441.png
Carl Johnson, aka CJ is main protagonist of GTA San Andreas and he is a second in-command of Los Santos-based street gang in San Andreas named "Grove street families". He is Sean Johnson's older brother and Big Smoke's and Ryder's childhood friend as it was shown in game.
Like in his game, he does his business like commiting several crimes like stealing money or people's cars.
CJ is one of most known GTA characters and he would deserve a mii costume in game. GTA is very popular series and we could disconfirm it with Mii costume. He would be multi-role Mii costume.

The costume consists of:
Headgear: His black hair wig.
Outfit: White tank top alongside blue jeans and black shoes.
Fists: His bare hands
Blaster: His assault rifle
Sword: Knife from San Andres

I nominate CJ, because GTA is very popular series and it deserves a representation in Smash. Also if he would be mii costume, then it would be "Oh noooo!" moment for those, who wanted CJ or GTA rep in smash.
Also he would be another multi-role mii costume after Frank West mii costume.

Attachments

NanayaGaming

Smash Journeyman
Ok then I guess I will nominate uh.......the Fortnite guy/girl, would be like the Rocket Grunts who would have a male and female variant in the same skin. And of course is a gunner.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Well, schiet. Time to make a new costume, then.
1654194323648.png

Chell (Portal)
Portal is one of the most popular game series on the planet, and if Chell couldn't be a playable fighter, then we can settle with the next-best thing: a Mii Gunner costume. In Smash, the Mii Gunner will be sporting Chell's brown ponytail for a wig and the Aperture Science tanktop with orange pants, as well as the anti-fall-damage shoes. For the Gunner part, Chell uses the famed Portal Gun.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
View attachment 353866
Chell (Portal)
Portal is one of the most popular game series on the planet, and if Chell couldn't be a playable fighter, then we can settle with the next-best thing: a Mii Gunner costume. In Smash, the Mii Gunner will be sporting Chell's brown ponytail for a wig and the Aperture Science tanktop with orange pants, as well as the anti-fall-damage shoes. For the Gunner part, Chell uses the famed Portal Gun.
Not to disqualify this but I do want to bring up how we do have a Portal stage.

Would having a Portal DLC stage in the first season followed by a Portal Mii costume in season 2 be strange? This question is open to everyone.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Not to disqualify this but I do want to bring up how we do have a Portal stage.

Would having a Portal DLC stage in the first season followed by a Portal Mii costume in season 2 be strange? This question is open to everyone.
Would be no stranger than having a Heihachi costume followed by Kazuya in Fighter Pass 2.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Would be no stranger than having a Heihachi costume followed by Kazuya in Fighter Pass 2.
Except Kazuya was an actual playable character repping a franchise. We had a portal stage for season 1 followed by a potential portal Mii costume for season 2. Just seems potentially sporadic to me.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
To be fair, we didn't really have any standalone DLC stages (aside from Small Battlefield, which repped Smash itself) in Ultimate, so there's really not much precedent for that.

However, in Smash 4, we did have plenty of Mii Costumes that were released separately from stages that came from the same series.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Master
Writing Team
I think that it would be really weird to have Chell as our "aw man, I wanted them!" costume. Like, Portal fans just got a stage, I think most of them would take the Mii Gunner costume as a bonus rather than a disheartening disconfirm. Especially considering Chell fundamentally does nothing in her home series other than using the Portal gun (so the costume would actually be really fitting and a great way to represent Chell - not an "oh nooo" in the slightest). I love Portal, but Chell seems like a weird pick for this specific job.

Personally I'm holding out for Dame Da Ne Guy. More Sega stuff is generally a good thing, and he could use his adorable Monkey Ball redesign.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the Food Mii Costume votes! Thank you to everyone who submitted!

Name3 Votes2 Votes1 VoteTotal
Beans2 (6)3 (6)113
Taco1 (3)2 (4)29
Salt Shaker1 (3)3 (6)110
Doughnut1 (3)1 (2)05
Crombackersomethingorother4 (12)1 (2)216
Hamburger2 (6)017
Apple01 (2)02
Drink3 (9)009
Gingerbread House01 (2)24
Hot Dog01 (2)35

While the votes were right, the CromsomethotherotherhewasgonefromSmash4butbackinUltimatebouche is our Mii Costume! Thank you everyone who voted!

Non-existant Assistant: Venus, sir. That is Croquembouche Mii Brawler.

Venus: Ah yeas! That thing I never heard of!

Vault Boy will also be our returning Mii Costume since he was in the lead by 4 points and we have 38 minutes left.

I have decided to honor the Chell submission but do want to stress to voters that we are trying to illicit an "Ohhh noooo!!!" deconfirmation via Mii Costume. The Portal stage was already a deconfirmation, Chell is just a futher addition to that previous deconfirmation. Same goes with Shadow the Hedgehog but that was slipped past me. He is already deconfirmed due to Assist Trophy.

Here are our submissions....

I'm tempted to submit Bubsy, but I feel he needs to be spaced out from Gex for his inclusion to be truly rewarding. His reveal also strikes me as more of a Sans "did they just-" than a Dante "oh noooooooo"

Tetromino Heads

These outright replace your Mii's head with a Tetromino
  1. Light Blue = I Block Vertical
  2. Black = I Block Horizontal (Light Blue)
  3. Orange = L Block
  4. Dark Blue = J Block
  5. Brown = Horizontal L Block (Orange)
  6. Green = S Block
  7. Red = Z Block
  8. Olive = Vertical S Block (Green)
  9. Purple = T Block
  10. White = Sideways T block (Purple)
  11. Pink = Upsidedown T block (Purple)
  12. Yellow = O Block
For heads that go outside the hitbox (the I block in particular), the parts that aren't hittable are slightly transparent.
Well, I was going to submit someone like 2B but for this job, I feel its necessary to stick with things we personally like so we aren't caught up in the mindset of 'I don't want this character and they're popular'. That's just something I've personally suffered from in past disconfirm jobs. Anyways...

Shadow (:ultbrawler:/:ultgunner:)

Shadow The Hedgehog is one of the most popular characters in the Sonic The Hedgehog franchise, dating back to 2001's Sonic Adventure 2. He equaled Sonic in their abilities, had a tragic and somewhat complicated backstory, and a special connection with Chaos energy. Shadow became such a fan-favorite that he got his own game just four years later, which was named after him. In said game is where the Ultimate Life Form earned his reputation of being an edgy "by all means neccessary" type who didn't mind using guns, as little sense as that makes. Still, the personality stuck, and Shadow remains today, Edgy the Hedgy.

In Infinite, the Shadow costume would have the same composition as the ones for Tails, Knuckles and Amy. His Mii Gunner costume is armed with The Shadow Rifle, an uber-powerful handgun that is recieved upon seeing all endings of Shadow The Hedgehog (the game). Shadow is included with a Mii Brawler option, however. This is due to many fans of the character disagreeing with the character's current depiction and usage of heavy artillery.

Now forget everything I just said and go vote for Tetromino Heads
View attachment 353829
Laharl from Disgaea (:ultswordfighter:)
He definetly comes from a popular franchise and he is decently requested.
In terms of the costume, his hair would be the headwear for this costume and his body, clothes and scarf would serve as the body of the costume and his big sword would be the weapon, but smaller obviously.
While I am fine with having a general Call of Duty Soldier, having a names character I think would be far more appealing. Captain Price is the de facto character of Call of Dury: Modern Warfare and , I had considered basing the model off early CoD soldiers but seeing as how Smash is technically a Japanese game and seeing an American soldier fight Japanese made characters might be controversial. So I opted for the fictional universe of Modern Warfare. For the character I chose…

Ghost
Ghost is a Mii Gunner who has a distinct outfit that would be appealing on a Mii Fighter costume. In terms of design, it would cover most of the Mii Fighter which includes the mask. This would be an “oh noooo” moment for many since CoD is a massive series but also because CoD would be apart of Smash canon and it’s shared universe.
Ok then it's required to shoot a bullet in my feet, sigh.

NIGHTMARE (SOUL CALIBUR) :ultswordfighter:
Probably the second option in terms of 3D Fighters, Soul Calibur is one of the most popular 3D Fighting Games so I think it would have a similar level of desconfirmation sadness.
This would be "Oh noooo" moment mii costume for smash...

Third Party costume submission:
CJ (GTA) (Mii Brawler/Gunner/Swordfighter)
View attachment 353862
Carl Johnson, aka CJ is main protagonist of GTA San Andreas and he is a second in-command of Los Santos-based street gang in San Andreas named "Grove street families". He is Sean Johnson's older brother and Big Smoke's and Ryder's childhood friend as it was shown in game.
Like in his game, he does his business like commiting several crimes like stealing money or people's cars.
CJ is one of most known GTA characters and he would deserve a mii costume in game. GTA is very popular series and we could disconfirm it with Mii costume. He would be multi-role Mii costume.

The costume consists of:
Headgear: His black hair wig.
Outfit: White tank top alongside blue jeans and black shoes.
Fists: His bare hands
Blaster: His assault rifle
Sword: Knife from San Andres

I nominate CJ, because GTA is very popular series and it deserves a representation in Smash. Also if he would be mii costume, then it would be "Oh noooo!" moment for those, who wanted CJ or GTA rep in smash.
Also he would be another multi-role mii costume after Frank West mii costume.
Ok then I guess I will nominate uh.......the Fortnite guy/girl, would be like the Rocket Grunts who would have a male and female variant in the same skin. And of course is a gunner.
View attachment 353871
Gonna change my submission to Kiryu. Would be a Brawler. Really popular Sega series and character but probably not one that we would do as playable. Costume would be his suit and possibly the stubble.
View attachment 353866
Chell (Portal)
  • Tetromino Hat
  • Shadow Mii Brawler/Gunner
  • Laharl Mii Swordfighter
  • Ghost Mii Gunner
  • Nightmare Mii Swordfighter
  • CJ Mii Fighter
  • Fortnite Recruit Mii Gunner
  • Kazuma Mii Brawler
  • Chell Mii Gunner
Please go here to vote!!

Status
Not open for further replies.