• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PastaRorroKuma

Smash Journeyman
SmashSpace Item: Archer Statue
manor46.jpg

Nothing too interesting besides characters with wall jumps could jump out of it as a reference to Tomb Raider's gameplay

About the costumes
1) No, Tomb Raider's character designs suck for costumes since they all have generic pieces of clothing and hair besides maybe Natla when transformed.

2) We should add both from embracer group (Outside of Eidos/Crystal Dynamics) and one from Eidos and Crystal Dynamics, Embracer in terms of ips is pretty big since they have Gearbox for example, and Eidos/Crystal could give us costumes like Gex, Agent 47 (Correct me on this one) and Raziel from Soul Rider.

3) Yeah, apart of me personally liking deluxe costumes and all, this could be like an alternative since a lot of people perhaps weren't that familiar with Lara or simply didn't like the character and this costumes usually are liked, perhaps an iconic character from the 90's could show up like the Quake Ranger or Conker, or we could go the route of adding a costume related to Lara's themes like, Exploration (Nathan Drake).

4) I think we could save this for the next character since that's gonna be a first party, but if we don't get a first party costume (Or a Tomb Raider one even), I think that the costume line-up would be something like:
Eidos/Crystal costume x2
Embracer costume x2
Deluxe costume
2 Eidos/Crystal costumes sound good but two from embracer for me It's a big stretch, so I think we could use a first party.

Attachments

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

SmashSpace Item: Archer Statue
View attachment 353619

Nothing too interesting besides characters with wall jumps could jump out of it as a reference to Tomb Raider's gameplay

About the costumes
1) No, Tomb Raider's character designs suck for costumes since they all have generic pieces of clothing and hair besides maybe Natla when transformed.

2) We should add both from embracer group (Outside of Eidos/Crystal Dynamics) and one from Eidos and Crystal Dynamics, Embracer in terms of ips is pretty big since they have Gearbox for example, and Eidos/Crystal could give us costumes like Gex, Agent 47 (Correct me on this one) and Raziel from Soul Rider.

3) Yeah, apart of me personally liking deluxe costumes and all, this could be like an alternative since a lot of people perhaps weren't that familiar with Lara or simply didn't like the character and this costumes usually are liked, perhaps an iconic character from the 90's could show up like the Quake Ranger or Conker, or we could go the route of adding a costume related to Lara's themes like, Exploration (Nathan Drake).

4) I think we could save this for the next character since that's gonna be a first party, but if we don't get a first party costume (Or a Tomb Raider one even), I think that the costume line-up would be something like:
Eidos/Crystal costume x2
Embracer costume x2
Deluxe costume
2 Eidos/Crystal costumes sound good but two from embracer for me It's a big stretch, so I think we could use a first party.
Hitman was another dev and got sold before these others did.

Last edited by a moderator:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will continue to allow du missions for SmashSpace content but I do want to progress to our Mii Costumes.

Submit a Crystal Dynamics Mii Costume

We will reaching into Crystal Dynamics history in pulling out an iconic character from their library. This character should be represent CD contributions to gaming history. As per usual, please indicate what sort of costume it is for and how it may affect the mii’s appearance. Also, if you think it helps, highlight just why this costume should be included.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
1653938297044.png

Kain (Mii Swordfighter)
The main protagonist of the Legacy of Kain series by Crystal Dynamics, Kain was a nobleman who had been murdered in cold blood and brought back to life as a vampire. In Smash, the costume would be based on his appearance in Legacy of Kain: Defiance: the helmet would be based on the Nosferatu-esque head of the vampire, while his outfit would consist of black leather pants, boots, a red cape, and yellow claws. The sword the costume uses would be the Soul Reaver, a giant kris blade that he uses in many pieces of artwork.

Crystal Dynamic Mii Costume:
1653937904313.png

Gex (Gex)
Who is Gex?
Gex, aka Reno (In Japan) is main protagonist of self-titled platform series, released in 1995 on 3DO Interactive, SEGA Saturn and Playstation. He is a TV-obsessed Gecko, whose father died in NASA accident, bought a world's largest TV and he started to watch it until big bad Rez sent a fly to his house to capture him and use him as his network mascot. Then Gex got sent to Media dimension, where old shows reside and he went on adventure to defeat his archnemesis Rez, who resides in Rezopolis (In middle of Media dimension).
After he got defeated, Gex went on adventure to media dimension again to defeat him, but Mooshoo pork tried to stop him and it failed. The he fought Rez again and Gex won. Years later, Agent Xtra and Gex teamed up to defeat Rez again, who built a spacestation in space. Suddenly, Gex found him on spacestation and he defeated him completely, saving the media dimension from Rez's clutches.

Enough of history lesson and now let's go to actual mii costume submission!

Costume description:
Our lad Gex would be Brawler Mii costume and it would consist of:
Headgear: Gex's head that it's mouth would be face window.
Outfit: Suit that resembles Gex's body alongside his tail.
Gloves: Gex's gecko hands.

I nominate Gex, because is notably second known Crystal Dynamics IP after Tomb Raider and he would deserve a mii costume in game, given the fact that it's fanbase is fairly big and he has a lot of memes. Also he would be obvious pick for a CD mii costume since people can recognize him.

(Also originally Gex was meant to be multi-role Mii costume, but I didn't figure it out his swordfighter form (I didn't had any ideas about it) and I left him as mii brawler costume instead)

Also keep in mind that Gex was first mascot of Crystal Dynamics, which is important for it's history.

Last edited:

PastaRorroKuma

Smash Journeyman
1653938859506.png

Redmond & Spanx (Whiplash)
I know, they are a duo but hear me out, this could be a brawler costume, the body would be just Spanx's body with the chain hanging, but, when the headgear is equiped the chain would be connected to Redmond which would be a part of the headwear apart of Spanx's head as a hat, this could work as just a doll of Redmond in Spanx's head
This is a really obscure game and I found about it last week thanks to a twitter, with that said I don't know much about why these two should have a costume, I just had this idea and used it since Gex was submitted while I was writing about him lol

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
View attachment 353652
I know, they are a duo but hear me out, this could be a brawler costume, the body would be just Spanx's body with the chain hanging, but, when the headgear is equiped the chain would be connected to Redmond which would be a part of the headwear apart of Spanx's head as a hat, this could work as just a doll of Redmond in Spanx's head
This is a really obscure game and I found about it last week thanks to a twitter, with that said I don't know much about why these two should have a costume, I just had this idea and used it since Gex was submitted while I was writing about him lol
I only know this game thanks to Nitro Rad...

D

Deleted member

01. Box Front.jpg

Fargus
Pandemonium! is a platform game developed by Crystal Dynamics. Starring Nikki the sorceress and Fargus the Joker, who accidently destroy their town and have to wish things back to normal. It even got a sequal. I chose Fargus as he is the more visually striking of the two. It would be a Brawler costume. I considered making him a sword fighter butwhen staff is a little short.
michele-garzia-michele-garzia-preview.jpg

Above art not official .

Last edited by a moderator:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are our submissions for a Crystal Dynamics-based Mii Costume! Thank you to everyone who submitted content!

View attachment 353648
Kain (Mii Swordfighter)
The main protagonist of the Legacy of Kain series by Crystal Dynamics, Kain was a nobleman who had been murdered in cold blood and brought back to life as a vampire. In Smash, the costume would be based on his appearance in Legacy of Kain: Defiance: the helmet would be based on the Nosferatu-esque head of the vampire, while his outfit would consist of black leather pants, boots, a red cape, and yellow claws. The sword the costume uses would be the Soul Reaver, a giant kris blade that he uses in many pieces of artwork.
Alright let search what they own.....
LEGACY OF KAIN?
RAZIEL (MII BRAWLER/SWORDSMASTER)

Legacy of Kain is goated, Bottom text.​
Crystal Dynamic Mii Costume:
View attachment 353647
Gex (Gex)
Who is Gex?
Gex, aka Reno (In Japan) is main protagonist of self-titled platform series, released in 1995 on 3DO Interactive, SEGA Saturn and Playstation. He is a TV-obsessed Gecko, whose father died in NASA accident, bought a world's largest TV and he started to watch it until big bad Rez sent a fly to his house to capture him and use him as his network mascot. Then Gex got sent to Media dimension, where old shows reside and he went on adventure to defeat his archnemesis Rez, who resides in Rezopolis (In middle of Media dimension).
After he got defeated, Gex went on adventure to media dimension again to defeat him, but Mooshoo pork tried to stop him and it failed. The he fought Rez again and Gex won. Years later, Agent Xtra and Gex teamed up to defeat Rez again, who built a spacestation in space. Suddenly, Gex found him on spacestation and he defeated him completely, saving the media dimension from Rez's clutches.

Enough of history lesson and now let's go to actual mii costume submission!

Costume description:
Our lad Gex would be Brawler Mii costume and it would consist of:
Headgear: Gex's head that it's mouth would be face window.
Outfit: Suit that resembles Gex's body alongside his tail.
Gloves: Gex's gecko hands.

I nominate Gex, because is notably second known Crystal Dynamics IP after Tomb Raider and he would deserve a mii costume in game, given the fact that it's fanbase is fairly big and he has a lot of memes. Also he would be obvious pick for a CD mii costume since people can recognize him.

(Also originally Gex was meant to be multi-role Mii costume, but I didn't figure it out his swordfighter form (I didn't had any ideas about it) and I left him as mii brawler costume instead)

Also keep in mind that Gex was first mascot of Crystal Dynamics, which is important for it's history.
View attachment 353652
View attachment 353653
Fargus
Pandemonium! is a platform game developed by Crystal Dynamics. Starring Nikki the sorceress and Fargus the Joker, who accidently destroy their town and have to wish things back to normal. It even got a sequal. I chose Fargus as he is the more visually striking of the two. It would be a Brawler costume. I considered making him a sword fighter butwhen staff is a little short.
View attachment 353654
Above art not official .
Gex (Gex series)
View attachment 353679

It's ****ing Gex. He's a Mii Brawler costume, and his head covers the Mii's head like Sans. Yeah, he'd wear the suit too.

In all seriousness he was their mascot, for some reason.
PLEASE GO HERE TO VOTE!!

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So we will be doing both another third party, a veteran, and deluxe Mii costume. I previously said we would have a first party but I wanted to pivot and do something different that I feel like we haven’t even touched on before. Ultimate never really included these sort of costumes but Smash 4 did and I thought they were pretty interesting as DLC costumes. Those are costumes based on nothing in gaming. Costumes like the monkey and cat come to mind. So while not really a first party costume, it’s something similar.

Submit a Mii Costume based on Food

We did this previously and it was really well-received so we will be doing this job again. Previously, the Banana won and, while it’s a great submission, it’s rather predictable. So we will be including a submission that is food related but with the goal of really surprising people with how creative and unique the food submission is. Here is our results from the previous food submissions:

If you feel your previous entry fits being a creative submission, feel free to resubmit it but we do want to encourage people to get creative in a way that sells Mii costumes but also surprises people.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
1654028892895.png

Croquembouche (Mii Brawler)
A croquembouche is a cone of French pastry puffs held together with threads of caramel that was first recorded by André Viard in his book, Le Cuisinier Impérial, in 1805. In Smash, the Croquembouche would be a Mii Brawler costume arranged to be similar to Vectorman:
1654029024396.png

The body would consist of several pastry puffs of different sizes that are held together with caramel wirings. The headpiece would be a larger puff with splotches of caramel making up a miniature face. As an added detail, whenever a Mii Brawler wearing the whole set takes damage, some puffs will come loose and fall off the body.

Last edited:
Food Mii costume submission:
Hamburger (Headgear)

Hamburger is a fast food snack that consists of ham, cheese, lettuce, sauce/ketchup and 2 buns stacked on each other. It originated from USA or Germany in year 1885 and it's still popular in our times.
Hamburger is most popular fast food ever made and it deserves to appear in Smash Infinite as food-based mii costume piece that can fit for any Mii class.
It's a weird, but obvious choice for mii costume, since everyone knows about Hamburger's existence since it's debut.

It would be Headgear for all Miis. It would be based on stock Hamburger with meat, cheese and lettuce alongside 2 buns stacked on each other. It would be mask-type Headgear.

I nominate Hamburger as Headgear piece, because it would represent fast food-type food that is popular worldwide and it would be funny if Mii was wearing a Hamburger mask.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Baked Beans (Hat)

The quest to get baked beans in Infinite returns! This hat is, similar to my earlier Hyper Sonic sub, moreso just a texture than a hat - there is no model. Place the hat on and the all of the Mii will become a liquidy, bipedal mass of baked beans! This is compatible with all bodies.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Baked Beans (Hat)

The quest to get baked beans in Infinite returns! This hat is, similar to my earlier Hyper Sonic sub, moreso just a texture than a hat - there is no model. Place the hat on and the all of the Mii will become a liquidy, bipedal mass of baked beans! This is compatible with all bodies.
BEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAANZ WTF!?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I feel we have enough submissions to call this a close! It was great seeing some fun and interesting costumes! Thank you everyone for submitting content!

First, we will be announcing our winners for the Crystal Dynamics Mii Costume.

Name3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Kain05 (10)111
Gex10 (30)0131
Redmond&Spanx02 (4)04
Raziel1 (3)6 (12)117
Fargus1 (3)0912

I feel that given the overwhelming amount of votes Gex got that we will need to have a run-off vote as the sheer amount is voter fraud. He couldn’t of gotten that many votes. He shouldn’t of gotten that many votes. I feel Russia was involved in this. Please give me a second to investigate this before we redo the vote or do a runoff vote.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I feel we have enough submissions to call this a close! It was great seeing some fun and interesting costumes! Thank you everyone for submitting content!

First, we will be announcing our winners for the Crystal Dynamics Mii Costume.

Name3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Kain05 (10)111
Gex10 (30)0131
Redmond&Spanx02 (4)04
Raziel1 (3)6 (12)117
Fargus1 (3)0912

I feel that given the overwhelming amount of votes Gex got that we will need to have a run-off vote as the sheer amount is voter fraud. He couldn’t of gotten that many votes. He shouldn’t of gotten that many votes. I feel Russia was involved in this. Please give me a second to investigate this before we redo the vote or do a runoff vote.
I might know the problem: I never got a chance to vote, and my votes are worth at LEAST 50 votes.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
some people just can’t handle the gex smh

In all seriousness, he’s easily the most recognizable of those options and most people probably might not even know who the other characters are. It is a bit strange that it’s so high but not surprising at all.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Until I discover the root of so many votes for a suit wearing lizard from a dead franchise and just why he amassed the most amount of votes in Infinite history, we will be conducting our voting for Food Mii Costumes

View attachment 353718
Croquembouche (Mii Brawler)
A croquembouche is a cone of French pastry puffs held together with threads of caramel that was first recorded by André Viard in his book, Le Cuisinier Impérial, in 1805. In Smash, the Croquembouche would be a Mii Brawler costume arranged to be similar to Vectorman:
View attachment 353719
The body would consist of several pastry puffs of different sizes that are held together with caramel wirings. The headpiece would be a larger puff with splotches of caramel making up a miniature face. As an added detail, whenever a Mii Brawler wearing the whole set takes damage, some puffs will come loose and fall off the body.
Food Mii costume submission:
Hamburger (Headgear)

Hamburger is a fast food snack that consists of ham, cheese, lettuce, sauce/ketchup and 2 buns stacked on each other. It originated from USA or Germany in year 1885 and it's still popular in our times.
Hamburger is most popular fast food ever made and it deserves to appear in Smash Infinite as food-based mii costume piece that can fit for any Mii class.
It's a weird, but obvious choice for mii costume, since everyone knows about Hamburger's existence since it's debut.

It would be Headgear for all Miis. It would be based on stock Hamburger with meat, cheese and lettuce alongside 2 buns stacked on each other. It would be mask-type Headgear.

I nominate Hamburger as Headgear piece, because it would represent fast food-type food that is popular worldwide and it would be funny if Mii was wearing a Hamburger mask.
Baked Beans (Hat)

Taco Hat
Because why no
View attachment 353720
Apple Costume (Body and Hat) (Brawler)

View attachment 353721

View attachment 353722
Get ready to support the local sports team and refuse to worry about dehydration with the Drink Hat! The color of the drink hat depends on the Mii's favorite color, and the soda cans are always black with a yellow Smash Infinite logo.
I want a costume based on a donut, it would be for all mii fighters!
Salt Shaker (Headgear)

yep,a salt shaker as a headgear for all mii fighters, and making sense from salty memes
Gingerbread House hat

Was gonna make it a gingerbread man swordfighter with a candy cane but i thought that’d upset the cookie run fans
View attachment 353752
Hot Dog Costume
Would be pretty much like the above the image, But with ketchup and mustard.
Here are our submissions in list format:

Whateverthatfoodistoolazytocopypasteit Mii Brawler
Taco Hat
Salt Shaker Hat
Beans Mii Fighter
Hamburger Hat
Drink Hat
Hot Dog Mii Brawler
Gingerbread House Hat
Doughnut Mii Fighter
Apple Mii Fighter

Please go here to vote