• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ratchet and Klank color

Source: Rivet and Kit
Color: Lavender
This would be a pink based color swap for Ratchet with a yellow base for Klank

Likewise…

Rivet and Kit color

Source: Ratchet and Clank
Color: Orange
This would be an Orange and dark grey color swap for Rivet and a grey base for Kit

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Ratchet and Clank:
Ratchet's fur and clothes are all black, but his eyebrows and certain parts of his clothing - such as the kneepads are blue. Clank is a non-shiny grey with teal eyes. Based on the PS2 and PS1 respectively

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will continue to accept alternate costume entries but I do want us to continue into our next content but, sadly, I forgot to put up our poll for additional content for this pack. We have five total votes at the top of our poll but I would like to see more results before we kick us off.

That being said, I do want to see this thread active so we will jump into a discussion round as we wait for these results to come in:

What 1st Party Character/Franchise would be eligible for A DLC Pack?

Please remember that we are not allowing Mii Costumes, Pokeball Pokemon, Smash Dungeon enemies, Assist Trophies, or Boss to become eligible if they were included as launch content. When we include a character, this comes with a host of new content that needs to sell well. Which 1stparty character and franchise do you think can fit this criteria and be featured as a potential 1st party submisison job?

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
On a similar note to Party Phil, I'm gonna mention Wii Silicone Jacket.

A funny and unpredictable pick, but also not particularly obscure. Silicone Jacket could have a super fun elasticity-based moveset, I kinda imagine it as "THE elastic fighter" like how Marth is "THE sword fighter" if that makes sense. Wii nostalgia is booming so cashing in on that would be good, and on virtue of technically not being from a specific game Silicone Jacket could bring along all Wii series/Mii content. Alternatively we could have a regular Wii Remote, but I don't think there's as much moveset potential there.

Alternatively, Ted & Archie

Nintendogs is easily the biggest Nintendo series not yet repped with a fighter, and Ted & Archie would be a perfect fit given they're... y'know, not photorealistic pets. They could use the different dog toys to fight, and summon dogs and cats. Would probably be alts but get equal billing like Steve and Alex. Nintendogs nostalgia is also booming so, yet again, perfect time to cash in. They could bring along a new Nintendogs stage and songs for the Others section, and a variety of dog breed spirits.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Some brief ideas.

Zelda - Maybe it's because I felt Marin was a weird pick but I think someone form Zelda could be cool. I have no idea who though.

Pokemon - Feels pretty obvious. Could do Legends Arcues or go back and do a Sword/Shield Pokemon. Some might want us to wait till the new games are out but will we even be doing content by then?

Metroid- Raven Beak would rock. Dread is popular enough to justify it.

Kirby- We went hard on Kirby stuff in the base game with Dee and Galacta Knight. Does the new game introduce any potential characters?

Famicom Detective Club - Bit of an outside pick but it just got a remake. Sakurai had discussed including Ayumi before but her Japan only status was the big reason she wasn't chosen. That's no longer a factor anymore.

Ring Fit - This game still sells well enough and is the kind of pick Nintnedo love to make.

We could also just go for a fan favorite pick in the vain of Ridley or Rool but I don't know who that would be. A complete Oddball pick would also be welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
I'm kinda banking on Xenoblade X, Ring Fit and probably a second F-Zero character? though latter mostly because it's pretty barren since 64, and for a game with many character it's strange that it stand besides characters from one-off/retro series.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
If we're gonna get REALLY weird, then...
1648479941327.png

Daitoryo, represented here as Napoleon Bonaparte, is a very, very unusual pick for a new fighter, even for me. He’s not even a video game character, and in more ways than one: firstly, we all know Napoleon Bonaparte was a real historical figure, which is rather dubious even for actual video game characters like Lu Bu from Dynasty Warriors. Secondly, the aforementioned representation is only found in card games, and real-life ones to boot. So you’re asking: why even bother suggesting him??? Well, that’s simple: he’s not just from any card game, but from Hanafuda cards, the first-ever product Nintendo had ever sold when it was established in 1889. In fact, Nintendo still references Hanafuda to this day, with Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics having a playable Hanafuda! As for the fact that Daitoryo isn’t even in a video game, we do have an example of a non-video game character in Smash already: R.O.B., who’s a toy accessory for the NES.

While Smash has become a celebration of gaming today, we mustn’t forget that it started off as Nintendo’s all-star game, taking from its long history to give us wacky characters like Ness, R.O.B., and Mr. Game & Watch. Daitoryo could be in the game as an extreme oddball pick that represents the time before Nintendo even made video games, as part of a universe I’m calling Marufuku, based on the “福” kanji prominently used in Nintendo’s products leading up to their foray into video games.

But if leadership doesn’t want to use a real-life person, I have a solution: as Daitoryo represents the highest-quality cards you can purchase, there’s always the second-highest in the form of the Daitengu:

I’ll be more than happy to go with the Tengu if leadership deems Napoleon a bit too much. Furthermore, I would understand if this gets vetoed for not actually being from a video game like most of the other members of the cast if I actually suggest him.

D

Deleted member

I'm kinda banking on Xenoblade X, Ring Fit and probably a second F-Zero character? though latter mostly because it's pretty barren since 64, and for a game with many character it's strange that it stand besides characters from one-off/retro series.
I'd be happy with an F-Zero rep.

Speaking of 64 characters have we disconfirmed Kamek? A new Yoshi character could be neat.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Some brief ideas.

Zelda - Maybe it's because I felt Marin was a weird pick but I think someone form Zelda could be cool. I have no idea who though.

Pokemon - Feels pretty obvious. Could do Legends Arcues or go back and do a Sword/Shield Pokemon. Some might want us to wait till the new games are out but will we even be doing content by then?

Metroid- Raven Beak would rock. Dread is popular enough to justify it.

Kirby- We went hard on Kirby stuff in the base game with Dee and Galacta Knight. Does the new game introduce any potential characters?

Famicom Detective Club - Bit of an outside pick but it just got a remake. Sakurai had discussed including Ayumi before but her Japan only status was the big reason she wasn't chosen. That's no longer a factor anymore.

Ring Fit - This game still sells well enough and is the kind of pick Nintendo love to make.

We could also just go for a fan favorite pick in the vain of Ridley or Rool but I don't know who that would be. A complete Oddball pick would also be welcome.
While not eligible, I would argue that Kirby and Zelda have far more than enough reps considering we have two each. As for potential reps, I don't actually have many ideas that are valid and realizable options that we haven't covered. We are looking to sell a product, not throw whatever potential works into the miss and hope it sells well. Also, Ayumi is ineligible as she is an Assist.

My bets are on the next Xenoblade Rep. Hopefully we get some info soonish as well as either a Legends Arceus Rep or a S/V rep.

Though I think are best option is to go with Ring Fit as I felt that this character was missing in our launch roster in favor of more...out there options. I would mind also including Geno as a first party as part of a deal with Square.

As for other options, I don't really know hence why I wanted to do this discussion period as I do plan to do at least one first party submission job. Fire Emblem: Three Hopes would be hilarious to see I will admit. Ravenbleak is still on the top and could work as well as an F-Zero rep. I could also see Tom Nook but, again, we don't have much to add in with an Animal Crossing pack. I also think the concept of

I wouldn't be opposed to creating a new sequel to a game and including that character. Some ideas for that could be Sushi Strike, Culdcept, a new F-Zero game, or something along those lines. A Switch Sports rep might be fun with a character with an Inkling-type palette that utilizes various sports gear and such.

I don't plan on doing a Nintendo-based job until we get to E3.

Last edited:
I think we might get a character from Recent game or someone from underrepresented franchises like F-Zero, Metal Gear or Arms for example.
We should better add a character, who comes from represented series in DLC pack. It would be from overrepresented (No FE please) or likely, a character from underrepresented one for notable example.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
If we're gonna get REALLY weird, then...
View attachment 348762
Daitoryo, represented here as Napoleon Bonaparte, is a very, very unusual pick for a new fighter, even for me. He’s not even a video game character, and in more ways than one: firstly, we all know Napoleon Bonaparte was a real historical figure, which is rather dubious even for actual video game characters like Lu Bu from Dynasty Warriors. Secondly, the aforementioned representation is only found in card games, and real-life ones to boot. So you’re asking: why even bother suggesting him??? Well, that’s simple: he’s not just from any card game, but from Hanafuda cards, the first-ever product Nintendo had ever sold when it was established in 1889. In fact, Nintendo still references Hanafuda to this day, with Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics having a playable Hanafuda! As for the fact that Daitoryo isn’t even in a video game, we do have an example of a non-video game character in Smash already: R.O.B., who’s a toy accessory for the NES.

While Smash has become a celebration of gaming today, we mustn’t forget that it started off as Nintendo’s all-star game, taking from its long history to give us wacky characters like Ness, R.O.B., and Mr. Game & Watch. Daitoryo could be in the game as an extreme oddball pick that represents the time before Nintendo even made video games, as part of a universe I’m calling Marufuku, based on the “福” kanji prominently used in Nintendo’s products leading up to their foray into video games.

But if leadership doesn’t want to use a real-life person, I have a solution: as Daitoryo represents the highest-quality cards you can purchase, there’s always the second-highest in the form of the Daitengu:

I’ll be more than happy to go with the Tengu if leadership deems Napoleon a bit too much. Furthermore, I would understand if this gets vetoed for not actually being from a video game like most of the other members of the cast if I actually suggest him.
Nintendo published this game as well about him, meaning Napoleon has, weirdly enough, some other history with nintendo. The games even represented in smash through a spirit (the spirit itself isn’t napoleon tho lol)

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
We will continue to accept alternate costume entries but I do want us to continue into our next content but, sadly, I forgot to put up our poll for additional content for this pack. We have five total votes at the top of our poll but I would like to see more results before we kick us off.

That being said, I do want to see this thread active so we will jump into a discussion round as we wait for these results to come in:

What 1st Party Character/Franchise would be eligible for A DLC Pack?

Please remember that we are not allowing Mii Costumes, Pokeball Pokemon, Smash Dungeon enemies, Assist Trophies, or Boss to become eligible if they were included as launch content. When we include a character, this comes with a host of new content that needs to sell well. Which 1stparty character and franchise do you think can fit this criteria and be featured as a potential 1st party submisison job?
My first reaction is nobody, but I need to actually go and look through the first parties before I take that stance.

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
The franchises/games i think could get a look are:

Pokemon - because Pokemon
Mario - because Mario, although we're starting to run dry on picks for the series.
Xenoblade - new game thats gonna get a push means it could possibly get another

Theres probably more but those are the first few i can think of

BowserKing

Smash Lord
I would say a Gen 8 Pokémon, but a good chunk are Pokéballs.

So sadly, Dragapult can’t be playable, same with Cinderace. As the same goes to Meowth, Gardivoir, Zoroark and Lugia, among others.
1648499225439.png

However, Corviknight still has a chance, due to popularity, being a steel/flying type and based off corvids, giving said Pokémon a unique move set including steel wing and air slash.

Also I have one in my alpha squad in Shield (names Raven) and she is fun to play as.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
While we do have some time left on our poll but I do want to get us started on our next job which is adding a…

Ratchet and Clank Item

This will be our very first item to include as DLC which is pretty exciting. When submitting an item, please indicate the item, how it works, and how it’s important to the series as to warrant inclusion. This is also our very first item to obviously getting players interested and excited is important.

Our next job will be to include an Assist Trophy so, even if Assist Trophy technically loses within two hours, we will still include the Assist Trophy.

Last edited:

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
IMO, 1st party DLC should always go to characters who never had a chance at the base roster. In every case I can think of, the reason they missed out was because their games were in development at the same time as Smash. For this game, it doesn't really work to do that though. The only characters I can think of that fit my description are a Pokemon Gen 9 or a Xenoblade 3 rep, which is kinda impossible to do. After thinking about it, the only 2 characters I could think of that I'd want to see is Marx (Kirby) and another Animal Crossing rep.

D

Deleted member

I see no reason we have to follow that DLC pattern here. If we wanted to include a first party character just because they're cool then we should do that.

Also also just make a new game up as we have before. Say that there's a new f-zero coming let's add an f-zero newcomer, etc.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
1648509579671.png

NEW ITEM: Groovitron:
A unique take on a stunning item, an alternate take on the Deku Nut. In Smash, the Groovitron is a thrown item that forces anyone in the vicinity to dance, of which each and every fighter in the roster has a unique animation. Joker will bust his moves from Dancing in Starlight. Pyra will use her Aegis Sword for makeshift fire-dancing. Barista will hop in place to the beat. Donkey Kong will perform his DK Rap dance. These are some of the many various dance animations that they will undergo when under the effects of the Groovitron.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I’m against the concept of adding a DLC Mii class as it would require us to add in future Mii Costumes for this class to catch up to the other classes. I would far prefer a situation where we have an Inkling/Steve type palette. I’m drawing blanks on potential Mii costumes we could use for an athlete based on gaming characters.

I also feel that if we were to include a sports/physical training rep, Ring Fit Trainer would be the first pick considering the potential of a sequel and Moveset/gameplay potential.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I’m against the concept of adding a DLC Mii class as it would require us to add in future Mii Costumes for this class to catch up to the other classes. I would far prefer a situation where we have an Inkling/Steve type palette. I’m drawing blanks on potential Mii costumes we could use for an athlete based on gaming characters.

I also feel that if we were to include a sports/physical training rep, Ring Fit Trainer would be the first pick considering the potential of a sequel and Moveset/gameplay potential.
What if Mii Athlete just had a regular set of 12 alts and 4 specials exclusively based on Wii Sports, with only the head being customisable? I kinda assumed everyone else was on the same page about this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom