• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
What if Mii Athlete just had a regular set of 12 alts and 4 specials exclusively based on Wii Sports, with only the head being customisable? I kinda assumed everyone else was on the same page about this.
Don't assume. I think it's clear everyone in this thread doesn't agree on everything.

That said I think Pokemon is absolutely deserving of another rep if we have two to Kirby and Zelda, it is kinda the biggest media franchise ever made.

It should be from the New Gen tho, which we obviously can't do until we have more information

D

Deleted member

Will we even be doing this thread when the new gen comes out? Same with xenoblade 3.

I wouldn't be opposed to a Pokemon character in general though.

Last edited by a moderator:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
What if Mii Athlete just had a regular set of 12 alts and 4 specials exclusively based on Wii Sports, with only the head being customisable? I kinda assumed everyone else was on the same page about this.
Which is where Sportsmates come in as you can get the same moveset as a Mii Athlete without having to half-ass a new Mii class.

And Unlike with Pokemon or Xenoblade we know what they can do.

Disclaimer: I don't actually want Sportsmates in that much I just want to put the idea out there and I cannot think of another character that hasn't already been brought up lmao.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Which is where Sportsmates come in as you can get the same moveset as a Mii Athlete without having to half-ass a new Mii class.

And Unlike with Pokemon or Xenoblade we know what they can do.

Disclaimer: I don't actually want Sportsmates in that much I just want to put the idea out there and I cannot think of another character that hasn't already been brought up lmao.
Why would it be "half-assed?"

Yeah, it'd have less content than the other Miis, but it'd also make sense because it's actually based on a game. If people are disappointed with Mii Athlete not having proper costumes or custom moves, that's their fault for seeking out patterns.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Why would it be "half-assed?"

Yeah, it'd have less content than the other Miis, but it'd also make sense because it's actually based on a game. If people are disappointed with Mii Athlete not having proper costumes or custom moves, that's their fault for seeking out patterns.

Miis exist to fit the game they're in, the game doesn't adapt to fit Miis in

That's why Miis act like fighters in a fighting game

Ring Fit also absolutely does not need a character. A stage? Absolutely, but a character is completely unnecessary.

Pretty much every first party series relevant or important is covered, so it's naturally going to be time to start double dipping, and honestly Pokemon is the number one choice.

Will we even be doing this thread when the new gen comes out? Sam's with xenoblade 3.

I wouldn't be opposed to a Pokemon character in general though.
We don't necessarily have to wait for it; just wait until we have a decent handful of choices that are new. Pokemon tends to reveal a lot of the new stuff prior to launch, so we can easily pick one based on a trailer, but we have to wait until they drop at least one

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I feel saying that Ring Fit Trainer would be just someone with a ring to be rather condescending. Just like any character, there does exist moveset potential and personality to incorporate that feels like it belongs and isn’t forced.

Now, while I would normally support a RFA rep, an Athlete is interesting. I know people don’t like their appearances bit I kind of like them in a cute way. That being said, we will only include one sports related character.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I feel saying that Ring Fit Trainer would be just someone with a ring to be rather condescending. Just like any character, there does exist moveset potential and personality to incorporate that feels like it belongs and isn’t forced.

Now, while I would normally support a RFA rep, an Athlete is interesting. I know people don’t like their appearances bit I kind of like them in a cute way. That being said, we will only include one sports related character.
Exactly, their fitness-magic makes a Ring Fit Trainee absolutely unique! They could be a spacing character with a powerful snowball mechanic where you have 4 categories of moves like with Byleth's weapons. Unlike Byleth, the more you use a certain category, the more you upgrade your abilities throughout the stock. So if you keep using Leg-based attacks you'll increase movement speed, use Arm-based attacks to bolster your offense, use Body-based attacks you'll increase weight, or use Yoga-based attacks to improve your dodge frames. There's more to it than "just someone with a ring", and as someone who's played through the story, I can vouch for its uniqueness.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Exactly, their fitness-magic makes a Ring Fit Trainee absolutely unique! They could be a spacing character with a powerful snowball mechanic where you have 4 categories of moves like with Byleth's weapons.
I'm interested
Unlike Byleth, the more you use a certain category, the more you upgrade your abilities throughout the stock.
Never mind, I think I'd rather take just someone with a ring,

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Remember we are still including a Ratchet and Clank item. We got one submission thus far.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Exactly, their fitness-magic makes a Ring Fit Trainee absolutely unique! They could be a spacing character with a powerful snowball mechanic where you have 4 categories of moves like with Byleth's weapons. Unlike Byleth, the more you use a certain category, the more you upgrade your abilities throughout the stock. So if you keep using Leg-based attacks you'll increase movement speed, use Arm-based attacks to bolster your offense, use Body-based attacks you'll increase weight, or use Yoga-based attacks to improve your dodge frames. There's more to it than "just someone with a ring", and as someone who's played through the story, I can vouch for its uniqueness.
I like this idea. But there needs to be a cap on the buffing, and using a different type should drain the buffs on the others, so you have to strategize with what you want to prioritize. Like Shulk's Monado Arts but with the ability to switch to more optimal stuff almost immediately.

Maybe there could be a secondary mechanic called "Cooldown" mode where if you over-exert on one type of move, it actually weakens you in that area for a bit, so you'll need to know your limits, which change based on your damage percentage - just like an actual workout.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I like this idea. But there needs to be a cap on the buffing, and using a different type should drain the buffs on the others, so you have to strategize with what you want to prioritize. Like Shulk's Monado Arts but with the ability to switch to more optimal stuff almost immediately.

Maybe there could be a secondary mechanic called "Cooldown" mode where if you over-exert on one type of move, it actually weakens you in that area for a bit, so you'll need to know your limits, which change based on your damage percentage - just like an actual workout.
Oh, absolutely. Those are perfect limitations for such a mechanic!

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Items are officially closed!

Please vote for your favorite item at the top of the thread via poll!

View attachment 348823
NEW ITEM: Groovitron:
A unique take on a stunning item, an alternate take on the Deku Nut. In Smash, the Groovitron is a thrown item that forces anyone in the vicinity to dance, of which each and every fighter in the roster has a unique animation. Joker will bust his moves from Dancing in Starlight. Pyra will use her Aegis Sword for makeshift fire-dancing. Barista will hop in place to the beat. Donkey Kong will perform his DK Rap dance. These are some of the many various dance animations that they will undergo when under the effects of the Groovitron.
R&C Item

Glove Of Doom

This is a special weapon, once equipped it doesn't do much until you perform a forward smash attack, from there an Agent Of Doom will spawn,

Agents of Doom charge at enemies and attack them before exploding

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ratchet and Clank Job: Submit an Assist Trophy

We do seem to love these Assist Trophy submissions. Technically speaking, the Boss won out in the end but I decided to honor the Assist Trophy winning as I wanted to get us started before the poll ended yesterday. So we will be jumping into an Assist Trophy. Now, while I hate limiting submissions to a particular aspect of an assist, I do want us to try something else that we normally don't do.

When submitting, the Assist Trophy has to do one of two things.

1) It must either passively help the player who summons it by buffing them, healing them, or somewhere in between.

OR

2) It must completely hinder the player that summons it as well as the opponent much like how Nightmare Wizard was. This can either be through damage or a status affect. If you do submit this, the end result of that effect must be enough to where it will benefit the player more so than the opponent while still inconveniencing them.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Assist Trophy:
1648605461351.png

1648605432660.png

Dr. Nefarious:
Blending his appearance from Rift Apart with his boss fight in Ratchet & Clank 2016, Dr. Nefarious is a recurring antagonist of the entire series. For this Assist Trophy, Nefarious will enter the background in the Gadgetron Insta-Mech, and will proceed to attack everyone, including his own summoner, with the following attacks:
  • Bolt Barrage: Fires a flurry of energy bolts that deal 6% damage each and sweep across the entire stage.
  • Laser Sweep: Fires a full-power laser that deals 20% damage and high knockback.
  • Fist Smash: Nefarious will pilot the mech in such a way that he smashes its clawed hand into the stage, dealing 16% damage and burying on hit.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So I finally decided on our alternate colors for Ratchet & Clank and Rivet & Kit. That being said, while I intended to use the submissions which were the playstation based colors and the Jax and Dexter colors, there was still a wealth of content to include with the 10 color swaps we have available from Ratchet and Clank that really deserve being included in the collection of swaps. Now, I actually forgot the Klank/Kit color bases but I will fill these out when I have a chance. They all are connected to the Ratchet/Rivet colors though.

ratchet1.png

Orange
ratchet2.png
Green
Based om Qwark and Chairman Drek
ratchet3.png

Blue
Based on the Protosuit aka Ranger Suit.
ratchet4.png

White
Based on Alister Azimth while Clank is based on the Zoni. Both are characters who helped the duo previously.
ratchet5.png

Purple
Based on Dr. Nefarious while Clank is based on Lawrence. Both are antagonists of the duo.
ratchet6.png

Grey
Based on Rivet and Kit
rivet1.png

Lavender
rivet2.png

Red
Based on Captain Qwark while Pierre Le Fer. This is to be the opposite of the above palette swap's theme.
rivet3.png

Cyan
Based on concept art for both Rivet and Clank. This ties in with the above alt color swap as its forms that the characters have taken previously.
rivet4.png

Yellow
Based on Angela Cross/Ultimate Thief while Clank is based on Zurkee. Both have helped both Ratchet and Rivet in their own dimensions.
rivet5.png

Orange
Based on Emperor Nefarious with Clank based on F-44, Nefarious' assistant.
rivet6.png

Brown
Based on Ratchet and Clank

Attachments

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
While we still have the poll active, we have ten votes for the Groovitron for a Ratchet and Clank item and, considering we haven't had any Assist Trophies submitted, Dr. Nefarious seems like one character that seems like a good addition as a potential Assist Trophy. We will have the Assist Trophy section open for just a while longer but I do want to progress forward with the time I have. We are actually doing two jobs at the same time!

Torbuk Crater: Submit Cameos

I noticed that in the original write up, there weren't any cameos listed! I added the stage in the opening post but I expanded on GolisoPower GolisoPower 's submission...

One of the early levels of Ratchet and Clank, as well as its 2016 reimagining. The fight takes place on the rooftops of the buildings and the ground in a walk-off stage. The buildings are of various sizes as well. Occasionally, crates will fall onto the stage that not only serve as extra platforms, but also as breakable constructs where fighters can collect bolts. Bolts are used at Gadgetron terminals where you can purchase shooting items to use to your advantage. Because of this, shooting item spawns are turned off when selecting this stage. Bolts can also be obtained by dealing damage to and KO'ing other Fighters. After some time has passed, blargh saucers working for Drek Inustries begin to combard the planet. The starfighters will occassionally fire blasters at fighters which does moderate damage but a warning sign will appear as well as a targeting sight on the ground to alert players. The stray shots may hit buildings which causes it to crumble. After further duration of time passes, the sky will begin to darken and turn red while the starfighters vanish. Suddenly, in the distance, a bright light appears with a a bright red energy blast piercing the sky and causing a massive explosion which triggers a stage transition. The planet, Novalis, explodes causing the stage to change dramatically. It consists of four floating rock platforms that hover in the air and will occassionally float up and down slightly.

In the background is the Drek spaceship with their starfighters in the background. Despite it being space, there is still gravity but it is more reduced than before causing fighters to be a tad bit floating. Space debris will pass by slowly which can cause collisions but won't do damage. Rather, it will just push players away. That being said, the stage will reform itself after some time as it passes through a rift from Rift Apart and resets itself.
So, for either one of the phases, what cameos do you want to see be included and what should they do as cameos? Please note that we could include Dr. Nefarious but his Assist Trophy would obviously not be included.

Submit Ratchet and Clank Spirits

We will be submitting Ratchet and Clank Spirits

At the front of the page, you can find our Ratchet and Clank moves but they are:

• Neutral: Fire Weapon
  • Side: OmniWrench
  • Up: Thruster-Pack
  • Down: Weapon Select
For our weapons, we have the following:
  1. Pyrocitor
  2. Warmonger
  3. Plasma Striker
  4. Glove of Doom
  5. RYNO
  6. Bouncer
  7. Buzz Blades
  8. Vortex Grenade
  9. Visibomb Gun
  10. Combuster
  11. Mr. Zurkon
Additionally, here are our musical tracks....

1. Novalis - Tobruk Crater (Ratchet & Clank 2002)
  2. Planet Veldin(Remix)-Ratchet & Clank
  3. The Battle Arena - Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
  4. Courtney Gears (Boss Theme) - Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
  5. Planet Kerwan-Metropolis-Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
  6. Grooviton - Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction
  7. Pride of the Battleplex (Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time)
  8. Flying in Space - Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus
  9. Title Theme - Ratchet & Clank(2016)
  10. Dr. Nefarious (Ratchet & Clank 2016)
  11. Festival of Heroes (Rift in Time)
  12. Ride Through the Omniverse (Rift in Time)
  13. Culmination at Corson V (Rift in Time)
Please adhere to our Spirit submission guidelines. This includes indicating what kind of Spirit they are and if they give an effect while also listing the Spirit Battle.

We will be including 14 total Spirits from Ratchet and Clank.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Tobruk Crater Cameos:
1648669648310.png

Captain Qwark
1648671527967.png

Sheep (Those of you who've played through the entirety of either the 2002 or 2016 games already know 😉)

Spirits:

1648669648310.png
Captain Qwark (Ratchet & Clank)
Class: :starman::starman::starman:
Type: Primary Neutral, 3 slots
Effect: Ray Gun Equipped
  • Puppet Fighter: :ultdk: (Green)
  • Stage: Tobruk Canyon
  • Music Track: Title Theme
  • Match: Stock
  • Item Spawn: Groovitron
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy is equipped with a jetpack
    • The enemy is armed with a Ray Gun
    • The enemy likes to taunt
1648670176016.png
Chairman Drek (Ratchet & Clank)
Class: :starman::starman:
Type: Support Defense, 3 slots
Effect: Assist Trophy Equipped
  • Puppet Fighter: Dr. Eggman (Eggman Nega, Small) + 3x :ultridley: (Red)
  • Stage: Gigabyte Ruins
  • Music Track: Dr. Nefarious
  • Match: Timed (1:00)
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy likes to avoid conflict
    • The enemy is armed with a Ray Gun (Ridleys)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm not any good at spirit battles but have some cameos

Big Al
Al is a recurring character in the Rachet and Clank series. He is a computer hacker who often helps out the duo.

Dan Johnson

This is a bit of a weird one and I don't expect it to get accepted. Dan Johnson is based on an insomniac games employee who passed away in 2006. As a tribute, he has made Appearances in every ratchet game, usually as a skin or action figure. He'll make an quick Blink and you'll miss it cameo on the stage.

Last edited by a moderator:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
1648688553189.png
Dr. Nefarious(Ratchet & Clank)
Class: :starman::starman::starman::starman: Legendary Grab Spirit that has three slots.
Effect: Electric Attack
Opponent: Dr, Eggman(Purple and Blue) and :ultrob:(x3)(Blue Color)
Stage: Lylat Cruise
Rules
-Stock Match
-The enemy is made of metal(ROB)
-Reinforcements will spawn after a while.
-The enemy has Super Armor(ROB)
-Bob-Omb Festival
-Hostile Assist Trophy(Wily Capsule 7 or Dr. Nefarious(Had we decided him in the game yet))
Music: Dr. Nefarious

Hopefully more people add more spirits for the series here.

Last edited:

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Greninja was developed before XY even game out and I'm sure Sakurai just got some concept art and a playtest demo to work with. It would be fun to work with just trailer material but if we wanted to do a starter, tough luck. Pokemon seems to want to hide their final starter evolutions until release now lol.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
1648735399627.png
The Great Clock (Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time)
Type: Support Shield, 3 slots
Effect: Timer Equipped
  • Puppet Fighter: :ultrob:, Ratchet and Clank
  • Stage: Kalos Pokemon League (Battlefield)
  • Music Track: Pride of the Battleplex
  • Match: Time (1:50)
  • Item Spawn: Timer
  • Conditions:
    • Items spawn constantly
    • Opponents are impervious to the Timer effect
1648736036874.png
Alister Azimuth (Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time)
Class: :starman::starman: :starman: :starman:
Type: Primary Attack, 3 slots
Effect: Special-Move Power ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Ratchet and Clank (White)
  • Stage: Space Frigate Orpheon
  • Match: Stock (1)
  • Conditions:
    • The opponent comes equipped with a Staff
    • Opponent's attack stat increases with high damage

View attachment 348973Dr. Nefarious(Ratchet & Clank)
Class: :starman::starman::starman::starman: Legendary Grab Spirit that has three slots.
Effect: Electric Attack
Opponent: Dr, Eggman(Purple and Blue) and :ultrob:(x3)(Blue Color)
Stage: Lylat Cruise
Rules
-Stock Match
-The enemy is made of metal(ROB)
-Reinforcements will spawn after a while.
-The enemy has Super Armor(ROB)
-Bob-Omb Festival
-Hostile Assist Trophy(Wily Capsule 7 or Dr. Nefarious(Had we decided him in the game yet))
Music: Dr. Nefarious

Hopefully more people add more spirits for the series here.
It seems fitting to allow Dr. Nefarious to enhance to Emperor Nefarious.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
View attachment 348991The Great Clock (Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time)
Type: Support Shield, 3 slots
Effect: Timer Equipped
  • Puppet Fighter: :ultrob:, Ratchet and Clank
  • Stage: Kalos Pokemon League (Battlefield)
  • Music Track: Pride of the Battleplex
  • Match: Time (1:50)
  • Item Spawn: Timer
  • Conditions:
    • Items spawn constantly
    • Opponents are impervious to the Timer effect
View attachment 348994Alister Azimuth (Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time)
Class: :starman::starman: :starman: :starman:
Type: Primary Attack, 3 slots
Effect: Special-Move Power ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Ratchet and Clank (White)
  • Stage: Space Frigate Orpheon
  • Match: Stock (1)
  • Conditions:
    • The opponent comes equipped with a Staff
    • Opponent's attack stat increases with high damage

It seems fitting to allow Dr. Nefarious to enhance to Emperor Nefarious.
I Don't Know what kind of reference to give for Emperor Nefarious would have, plus, he & main universe nefarious are kind of different from one another.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I Don't Know what kind of reference to give for Emperor Nefarious would have, plus, he & main universe nefarious are kind of different from one another.
The Spirit Battle would remain the same as would the affect. It would just be adding an enhanceable Spirit into the mix. There's also been multiple times where a Spirit has been enhanced (Bullet Bill to Banzai Bill, Boo to King Boo, Nipper Plant to Piranha Plant, Tiki to Tiki (Naga's Voice), Jinjo to Great Jinjonator, etc)

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
1648750012577.png
Skidd McMarx
(Ratchet & Clank: A Rift in Time)
Class: :starman:
Type: Support Grab, 1 slot
Effect: Speed ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Crash Bandicoot (Green)
  • Stage: Geruda Desert
  • Music Track: Planet Veldin(Remix)-
  • Match: Time Stock (1)
  • Conditions:
    • Everyone has increased speed
    • Opponent avoids confrontations

One more since we haven't had a lot of submissions...

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Greninja was developed before XY even game out and I'm sure Sakurai just got some concept art and a playtest demo to work with. It would be fun to work with just trailer material but if we wanted to do a starter, tough luck. Pokemon seems to want to hide their final starter evolutions until release now lol.
I mean I think we have more than enough starters on the roster, I say give some other Pokemon a chance

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Tbh though to hell with realism, we added a PMD rep when let's be real, the Pokémon rep would have been a Sword & Shield character but a lot of us here have good ttaste in video games and didn't let that happen. SO let's add Rei/Akari into the game, or Hisuian Pokémon Trainer. The big catch is that they play nothing like the Pokémon Trainer we know and love in Smash. They actually fight in Smash themselves chucking balms for their neutral B and use some of their ride Pokémon for their specials. They are the only canonical main character to actually fight Pokémon without using Pokémon hmmmmmm?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Let's pull some random obscure Gen 2 or 4 Pokémon just because we like them and not because they're marketable/relevant

Alternatively: make an original Pokémon to promote like how we made original Ashley moves. I am staunchly in support of this idea.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Gengar also got Pokeball'd

GengarPokemon Red & BlueIGhost/PoisonLick/Destiny BondWhen summoned, Gengar will use Destiny Bond and sink into the floor laughing. Gengar will try to come out from the floor and lick opponents dealing 10% and paralyzing for a few seconds. However, Lick does take a long while to activate and will be knocked away by a single hit, going back into the floor. If somehow KO'd, Gengar will take the stock of the person who KO'd them.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Honestly, if we add anybody from Pokemon, I think we'd have to add an Ultra Beast.

They're a unique kind of Pokemon that's only represented in Smash via a Nihilego Spirit, and there are plenty of candidates to pick from: we can have Nihilego itself as our first Poison-type, a type we don't even have in Smash, Buzzwole because it exploded in popularity due to its personality, or maybe Naganadel to represent its re-release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom