• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Double posting is permitted to thread owners if the thread needs a much needed bump or to differentiate between the results and the start of a new job which helps when someone replies. That being said, double posting is still not permitted in creation threads unless under special circumstances.

Double posting is permitted to thread owners if the thread needs a much needed bump or to differentiate between the results and the start of a new job which helps when someone replies. That being said, double posting is still not permitted in creation threads unless under special circumstances.
Well, I agree with one tho...
Although, I still consider "Double posting" as Spam...

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Final Smash Submission: Black Sheepinator

Dr. Doof would be proud.

1648161964887.png

Ratchet fires a beam that can travel through fighters, turning anyone it hits into a helpless sheep for a total of 8 seconds. The sheep can jump once, can't shield or dodge, and have only a single input: Pressing attack or special will result in them going "Baaaah." Ratchet can freely attack opponents around, though their fluffy wool reduces damage and knockback to them. Opponents with over 100% damage get turned into Black Sheep, which baa, then explode, KO'ing them and dealing damage and knockback to nearby opponents.

1648162164548.png

1648162139897.png

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I don't know much about Ratchet and Clank but is Zurkie's, Megalopolis, or Nefarious City justifiable and realizable locations from the newest game?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Instead of doing an assist or a smash dungeon or whatever, could we add Rivet as an echo? It makes more sense to have her as that than an echo, imo
Im not opposed to the idea but adding an echo fighter takes a bit more resources than adding our other additional content. That being said, we would have to forgo adding our typical double pack of content in exchange for an echo fighter.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will be wrapping up stage submissions today. We only have one submitted.

View attachment 348454
Tobruk Crater (Ratchet and Clank 2002 + 2016):
One of the early levels of Ratchet and Clank, as well as its 2016 reimagining. The fight takes place on the rooftops of the buildings and the ground in a walk-off stage. The buildings are of various sizes as well. Occasionally, crates will fall onto the stage that not only serve as extra platforms, but also as breakable constructs where fighters can collect bolts. Bolts are used at Gadgetron terminals where you can purchase shooting items to use to your advantage. Because of this, shooting item spawns are turned off when selecting this stage. Bolts can also be obtained by dealing damage to and KO'ing other Fighters.

Got hit with some inspiration. Scroll up to my OG post.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I am assuming based on the results of the poll, we are down for Rivet being an alternate costume for Ratchet. With that being said, we will open up discussion to see if Rivet could be a possible Echo Fighter AT THE COST of our two slots for additional content to not be included. This will be the "equivalent exchange" factor between these two choices.

Stage submissions are still active.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ratchet has a character section on the original post. I’m working on adding the information over the weekend. I did finish his classic mode and I’m quite happy with it. It was really fun to craft it. I’m considering remaining it “All-Stars Battle Royal Redux” or something lol.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Ratchet has a character section on the original post. I’m working on adding the information over the weekend. I did finish his classic mode and I’m quite happy with it. It was really fun to craft it. I’m considering remaining it “All-Stars Battle Royal Redux” or something lol.
How about something like, "The True All-Star Battle Royale", since the Classic Mode looks like a true realization of the concept of a PlayStation Smash Bros.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Alright, stage submissions are closed and we have our confirmed stage for Ratchet and Clank which being...

View attachment 348454
Tobruk Crater (Ratchet and Clank 2002 + 2016):
One of the early levels of Ratchet and Clank, as well as its 2016 reimagining. The fight takes place on the rooftops of the buildings and the ground in a walk-off stage. The buildings are of various sizes as well. Occasionally, crates will fall onto the stage that not only serve as extra platforms, but also as breakable constructs where fighters can collect bolts. Bolts are used at Gadgetron terminals where you can purchase shooting items to use to your advantage. Because of this, shooting item spawns are turned off when selecting this stage. Bolts can also be obtained by dealing damage to and KO'ing other Fighters.
Tobruk Crater

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I added a new poll to see if Rivet should be an Echo Fighter. Remember, this will cause us to forgo our additional content that we do usually as we devote development time to creating Rivet.

That being said, we will progress to...

Ratchet and Clank Music Submissions

While we decide to include Rivet as an alt costume or as an Echo Fighter, we will be adding Ratchet and Clank music for the stage, Tobruk Crater. When submitting, please include the name and what game the song is from. This is important so we can keep the music tracks categorized and in chronological order. This wasn't done for Digimon which made it harder to order the songs. It made the work harder than it should of been.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Planet Veldin(Remix)-Ratchet & Clank
Planet Umbris(Remix)-Ratchet & Clank
Veldin in Peril(Remix)-Ratchet & Clank
Planet Oozla-Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
The Battle Arena-Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
Planet Boldan-Silver City-Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
Courtney Gears(Boss Theme)-Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
Planet Daxx-Docks Boss Area-Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
Planet Kerwan-Metropolis-Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
Kick Nefarious' ***-Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
Title Theme-Ratchet & Clank(2016)
Planet Kerwan-Aleero City-Ratchet & Clank(2016)
The Deplanetizer-The Spaceship-Ratchet & Clank(2016)

Does the Movie Version of 2016 count?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Planet Veldin(Remix)-Ratchet & Clank
Planet Umbris(Remix)-Ratchet & Clank
Veldin in Peril(Remix)-Ratchet & Clank
Planet Oozla-Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
The Battle Arena-Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
Planet Boldan-Silver City-Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
Courtney Gears(Boss Theme)-Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
Planet Daxx-Docks Boss Area-Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
Planet Kerwan-Metropolis-Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
Kick Nefarious' ***-Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
Title Theme-Ratchet & Clank(2016)
Planet Kerwan-Aleero City-Ratchet & Clank(2016)
The Deplanetizer-The Spaceship-Ratchet & Clank(2016)

Does the Movie Version of 2016 count?
Just to let you know we won’t be including all of these. We typically only submit three at a time. This is so other people can submit music instead of just one person.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Judging by our poll, we are looking at just including Rivet as an alternate costume. That being said, we will continue to allow music submissions. I settled on a total of 13 songs. I know that’s rather small compared to what we had in the past hit considering that 1) R&C is from a rival company and 2) licensing issues that this number if rather generous considering the opposition that exists.

We will allow more submissions but we will use this time to jump into….

Ratchet and Clank and Rivet and Kit Alternate Costumes

Both characters will get six color swaps each with Rqtchet and Kit also getting different colors which should correspond with the color slot. These two should work well together so when submitting a Ratcher or Rivet color swap, please also provide Clank or Kit’s as well. Ratchet/Klank and Rivet/Kit both should share a similar theme rather two random sources being mashed together. Previously, for my Grovyle and Celebi alternate colors, I had it so Grovyle was based on either Grass or Reptilian pokémon and Celebi was based on Shiny versions of the mythical Pokémon yet these two sources were from the same generation. I would like for us to create a sense of cohesiveness with our submissions.

Please provide the source of the color swap, it’s color slot identification, and how it affects Ratchet and Clank or Rivet and Kit.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
1648340443971.png
1648340452380.png

Captain Qwark and Chairman Drek (Ratchet & Clank Green)

In this alternate costume, Ratchet and Clank both gain the colors of the antagonists of Ratchet and Clank 2002 and its reimagining, Captain Qwark and Chairman Drek. In Smash, Ratchet's fur becomes green, and he gains a dark-gray top with dark-gray pants and black boots with yellow trims to represent the glory hog superhero, while Clank becomes a rusty brown, his eyes become teal and his antenna becomes a darker gray to represent the intergalactic capitalist from Drek Industries.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I am considering saving a color slot for both Ratchet/Clank and Rivet/Kit for a cross swap so a Lavender slot for Ratchet that mimics Rivet along with a yellow Clank and then an orange Rivet slot with a grey Kit. Any objections to this?

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Judging by our poll, we are looking at just including Rivet as an alternate costume. That being said, we will continue to allow music submissions. I settled on a total of 13 songs. I know that’s rather small compared to what we had in the past hit considering that 1) R&C is from a rival company and 2) licensing issues that this number if rather generous considering the opposition that exists.
if we're allowing characters from a rival company why freaking bother limiting their content, it's not breaking the immersion anymore than having a PS character even being here at all.

Might as well freaking commit to it, why is this where we're drawing the line for realism instead of just saying no to a Sony character entirely

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
if we're allowing characters from a rival company why freaking bother limiting their content, it's not breaking the immersion anymore than having a PS character even being here at all.

Might as well freaking commit to it, why is this where we're drawing the line for realism instead of just saying no to a Sony character entirely
Ace Attorney had around 29 musical tracks, Sakura Wars had 22, Hades had 10, and Digimon had 14. This is to create a balance in contrast with the previous season as to give us a series that, semi-realistically, could possibly less musical tracks compared to the rest of other franchises we include.

That being said, what number would you recommend for musical tracks?

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Ace Attorney had around 29 musical tracks, Sakura Wars had 22, Hades had 10, and Digimon had 14. This is to create a balance in contrast with the previous season as to give us a series that, semi-realistically, could possibly less musical tracks compared to the rest of other franchises we include.

That being said, what number would you recommend for musical tracks?
I don't personally even think Ratchet and Clank's music is really that memorable in the first place so I personally don't care, I just think it's silly to draw a line of realism with a character that realistically would never get in in the first place

Why wouldn't they go for the full treatment when negotiating a PS character

Go nuts with it, include music from other scrimblo bimblo PS franchises, might as well since we already broke one of the rules in the first place shrug

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
I don't personally even think Ratchet and Clank's music is really that memorable in the first place so I personally don't care, I just think it's silly to draw a line of realism with a character that realistically would never get in in the first place

Go nuts with it, include music from other scrimblo bimblo PS franchises, might as well since we already broke one of the rules in the first place shrug
we all get that you don’t think a sony character should have gotten in, and you’re entitled to your own opinions but like can you let it go already? Talking over and over again about how you don’t like that we added a sony rep is just starting to get annoying.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Okay, while you COULD argue that the franchises referenced in Rift Apart could recieve content via those easter egg recordings, I don't really think that's how that works. Heck, I'm pretty sure the simple act of getting a Sony rep cost us most of our budget, hence the lack of music options.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Okay, while you COULD argue that the franchises referenced in Rift Apart could recieve content via those easter egg recordings, I don't really think that's how that works. Heck, I'm pretty sure the simple act of getting a Sony rep cost us most of our budget, hence the lack of music options.
Again, why pretend we have any realism when we added it at all

Either commit or don't commit, that's my takeaway, stop with this halfsies crap

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Can you please not be passive aggressive about this? We understand that you were never onboard with this Sony character but a lot of people actually did want to include a Sony rep. This was something the entire leadership team agreed on and something that was constantly brought up as a request so I decided to honor it. I felt that when we included Sakura, we were including both a character we wanted to see but also fulfilling a wish of one of our community members and that made me happy. Same goes for Iori, Officer Horward, and a few more I am forgetting. Even though I was glad we added Sakura, I honestly couldn't care less about her addition but that'smy entire feeling for a lot of our roster. From a personal stand point, I don't like it but it makes certain individuals happy so that's all that matters to me. Sakura being included put a smile on your face so in turn made me happy and putting in Ratchet put a face on tonygameman and other Ratchet fans. I have been pretty accommodating of mostly everyone in the thread and I try to represent all of us when we include stuff but, as you well know based on our conversations, I overly stress when I get negative feedback as I try to appease everyone in the thread. It's hard for me to say this but I respectfully ask, as a friend and someone who does respect your opinion, to please try to be less inflammatory about this whole Sony thing and to try to consider other people's feelings. I went with my gut feeling about the number of songs. If people feel I am wrong with it, please let me know. But going back to hang ups with the original job isn't going to do anything but make the situation even worse for both sides. What's done is done.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I am open to increasing or decreasing the number of tracks though. But I do intend to keep it solely to Ratchet and Clank. There's no reason to expand it to other franchises but because "we can".

I know I have a bit on edge lately (my personal life is currently in shambles) but I am always open to people coming to me with ideals, concepts, or criticism. I am sorry if I have been overly sensitive lately though and I will do my best to continue this project to the very end.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Can you please not be passive aggressive about this? We understand that you were never onboard with this Sony character but a lot of people actually did want to include a Sony rep. This was something the entire leadership team agreed on and something that was constantly brought up as a request so I decided to honor it. I felt that when we included Sakura, we were including both a character we wanted to see but also fulfilling a wish of one of our community members and that made me happy. Same goes for Iori, Officer Horward, and a few more I am forgetting. Even though I was glad we added Sakura, I honestly couldn't care less about her addition but that'smy entire feeling for a lot of our roster. From a personal stand point, I don't like it but it makes certain individuals happy so that's all that matters to me. Sakura being included put a smile on your face so in turn made me happy and putting in Ratchet put a face on tonygameman and other Ratchet fans. I have been pretty accommodating of mostly everyone in the thread and I try to represent all of us when we include stuff but, as you well know based on our conversations, I overly stress when I get negative feedback as I try to appease everyone in the thread. It's hard for me to say this but I respectfully ask, as a friend and someone who does respect your opinion, to please try to be less inflammatory about this how Sony thing and to try to consider other people's feelings.
I will let it go after this, but I want to have the opportunity to vent my frustration and explain why this makes me so damn angry in the first place.

First and foremost, I do not personally dislike Playstation or any of their games simply for being a PS experience, hell, I spend more of my gaming time on PS nowadays than I do on Nintendo, go figure. But Smash is a special IP top me personally, one that transcends more than just "a collection of IPs that Nintendo got the license to" as someone so rudamentally put it at some point. Smash brought me out of depression, made me feel happy for the first time in a very difficult time in my life. For a few fleeting hours a day, I could see the wacky matchups on screen and laugh, even when I lost, between the college-level curriculum my 6th grade brain was being force-fed and the mental abuse I suffered at home. Smash's legacy means so very much to me, and to see these characters brought to life here in this way brings me unending excitement whenever I think about it, ESPECIALLY after being teased and told for ten flippin' years of my life that my most wanted, Sora, would never get in. But I always believed, because I saw the criteria set forth by Sakurai and Nintendo and saw that he didn't conflict with the stated, confirmed rules and "patterns" set by third-party fighters.

But Smash still must abide by the laws of business, and just as all businesses work with, you musn't let your expectations get too high. Hell; I even brought the Sly thread to life on these very boards, never once deluding myself into thinking that Sony would ever get a character, much less choose him of all their IPs.

I got so anal about Tekken Bob, and Unjammer Lammy, and the thought that someone would seriously say "Chex Quest is the first FPS I think of" because up until now, this thread has kept to those standards of realism, despite some shake-ups. Marin, Grovyle, Crazy Dave - all ridiculous to even consider, but still feasible from a business sense, even if not practical.

But this? This tramples on the very few rules, one of only two confirmed rules we have - the required Nintendo relevancy. While it's never blatantly and expressly stated, inference clues from thinks Mr. Sakurai has actually stated in tandem with a pattern shared by the 18 (or 21 if the Heroes are all considered separate characters) third-party characters in the real games, and heck, even by the numerous additions we've made here. I personally feel as if it's disrespectful just to throw out the rule because we're fictional Sakurai, but pretend to have a standard of realism after just doing it. That's why I say either go nuts or not at all with this. Open the floodgate or don't. If we have on PS character, why wouldn't PS want more money from Nintendo for more characters? Why not include Master Chief, who everyone was so sure had a shot after Banjo?

I realize that everyone has a different vision for this thread, but my immersion stayed just strong enough to keep it entertaining. It was just grounded enough to pretend. This shattered that immersion, and, for lack of a better term, opened the floodgates for further and further straying from what I liked so much about this thread in the first place. It started with Tekken Bobs and Chex Quest, but this was the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

I have no point in submitting anymore, because I can't play pretend anymore. I would come home after a hard day at work and gleefully check the thread for more stuff. But that immersion's gone.

Maybe in that alternate world where Chief got in Ultimate, I'd be less antsy about it, but here we are.

I'm out.

One further edit: Reminder that Nintendo created their own bitter rival in Sony and still don't have a healthy relationship with them; and also, as contradictory as it is, limiting a company massive as Sony to one character is wasting getting them involved at all. Their catalogue is too diverse to waste on just one

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom