• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

WarHippy

Smash Journeyman
Good news!!!

I was able to reserve the West Activity Room in Owen residence hall for this Saturday from Noon-Midnight.

Something tells me that this will be a far better location for the tourny.

Just one thing, though, it'd probably be best to not shout out "Entry fee!" or whatnot. They don't know that money is involved (mostly because it was never asked) and I don't wan't to get anyone in trouble.

So yah, Winsauce Mc1337pantz :chuckle:

WarHippy

Smash Journeyman
Owen Residence Hall (OWEN)
1160 West Stadium Avenue
West Lafayette, IN

It's literally right across the street from Tarkington. The room will be pretty easy to find. It's the big one to the left of the main office, with all the smashers in it.

ORLY

Smash Master
Okay, whether or not we need it hasn't been established yet, but in case we do: would anyone be willing to house myself, Cosmo, Tink, Vro, and possibly (assuming he doesn't john out) Alcheato? Otherwise I'll probably be hauling everyone back the night of. Which isn't really a problem but if everyone wants to stick around and play more, The Dude abides.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
well i think dart anthony and chris are crashing at my place friday night. between my place and fros we should be able to fit everyone else(darkatma, tomacawk, phil).

as for saturday we should have room for people who want to stay.

@Scott: That's awesome dude, thank you so much for doing that. Way to step up and get **** done XD!

PurdueSmash

Smash Apprentice
Venue Change

Thanks to the efforts of Hippy, we now have a bigger and much more accommodating venue which should be suitable for a tournament of this size. The new venue is:

West Activity Room
1160 West Stadium Avenue
West Lafayette, IN

Reminders:
1. We will be starting doubles promptly at 12 PM. Please anticipate traffic and insane amounts of pedestrians due to the home football game and plan accordingly.

2. Parking will be almost non-existent, but we will figure something out. If you do get a ticket you don't have to pay it, so don't worry about it.

3. All of Tink's characters are garbage, except DAT BeRZeRkErR FoXXxX!111

See everyone soon!

~George

'Fro

Smash Lord
As for housing, I will post my phone number on here:

317-603-4056.

My address :
Hawkins Hall
430 W Wood Street
West Lafayette, IN 47906

My room number is 246. I have already booked a spot for Goosefactor. Five people total (excluding me) is the absolute maximum I can do, and even then it will be really tight in here. If all of that is OK with you, contact me via phone call/text.

Also, in light of the marijuana discussions, I will reiterate: My ban on smoking at my place, while conveniently suitable to my preferences, is regulated by Purdue's housing. I WILL be kicked out if anything happens. Smoke detectors are placed in every room. I also mean nothing, and I mean NOTHING, associated with the activity in question should be brought into my room. Pipes, bowls, plants, etc..... NOTHING. I have probably stressed this enough by now, so please be sure to observe that.

However, if people want to drink in here, that is fine, provided you don't make a mess. I am even willing to supply some drinks if necessary.

So again, if you want to stay here, CONTACT ME BY PHONE ASAP, and let me know so I can put your name on the space. No dibs rules on who gets to sleep where, though. That will be up to you guys.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
However, if people want to drink in here, that is fine, provided you don't make a mess. I am even willing to supply some drinks if necessary.
Can you supply me with apple green tea? I've never heard of it being sold anywhere, I just thought of it and it sounds very tasty. If you make it and it's good we can go into business, I will split with you 40:60 (I get 40 because it's your recipe, but my idea) I think we should call it: "Joonz: Apple Green Tea." I'll think of some more flavors to help us get started. SNAPPLE AND LIPTON: WE COMMIN' FO' YOU!
We gon find you, we gon find you. So you can run and tell that...

Also, just joined a band. Music is more important to me than smash, so that might conflict at times. :/

goosefactor

Smash Lord
No dibs rules on who gets to sleep where, though. That will be up to you guys.
OMG what is this?

Also, I'll be coming down tonight mad hungry, so whoever is with me plan on some major food stuffs (along with the aftermath that usually follows :p).

*EDIT*

Ohhh man! My post count! Kinda a lame post though for something this epic. :/

Nuonn

Smash Cadet
I can team with him but I am strongly considering being drunk. So I don't know if that would be a deal breaker.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Thanks to the efforts of Hippy, we now have a bigger and much more accommodating venue which should be suitable for a tournament of this size. The new venue is:

West Activity Room
1160 West Stadium Avenue
West Lafayette, IN

Reminders:
1. We will be starting doubles promptly at 12 PM. Please anticipate traffic and insane amounts of pedestrians due to the home football game and plan accordingly.

2. Parking will be almost non-existent, but we will figure something out. If you do get a ticket you don't have to pay it, so don't worry about it.

3. All of Tink's characters are garbage, except DAT BeRZeRkErR FoXXxX!111

See everyone soon!

~George
lollll
****ing george
Speaking of George, I'll be bringing some joints, I'll leave them in your custody if I stay at Fro's and get them from you Saturday.

voorhese

Smash Master
ride decided to leave tomorrow instead of tonight, so i guess ill see you at the tourney (unless some bull**** happens)

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Sorry for missing today guys, I forgot about this stuff, I just got home and want to shower and sleep. Mowing lawns is not much fun.

TheOJ

Smash Journeyman
Same as Faith, sorry about missing... I had to work at 4:30 at Earhart dining hall so it might be hard for me to participate in these...

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
So....yeah. Still feel bad that I didn't come, but last night was too legit to miss. Can't pass up cougars grinding on yo ****.

And I heard P-town took the top 2 spots for dubz. Ahhhh rapeeeeee!

EDIT: Can't pass up walking through dorms in only your boxers and ordering Dominos at 4 in the morning too.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
So....yeah. Still feel bad that I didn't come, but last night was too legit to miss. Can't pass up cougars grinding on yo ****.

And I heard P-town took the top 2 spots for dubz. Ahhhh rapeeeeee!

EDIT: Can't pass up walking through dorms in only your boxers and ordering Dominos at 4 in the morning too.
omfg Dave, nobody cares about your female accomplishments, how many times I gotta tell you?

this tournament was fun as ****, as always. i love purdue--you guys are AWESOME hosts.
ShOutOuTSsssssssssss
...coming when I have a result list to look at all the names!

Top Bottom