• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Mmmkkkk well as much as I'd like to come to this, I did make prior promises so I'm not going to be able to come to this, sadly. Really would've liked to make up for my poor performance at SCSYN(I swear, baked over), but I guess I'll have to wait a month or so then I'll try to come to another tourney. Then, ****. Oh yeah, and Peoria's claiming 2 spots in the top 5, easy peasy. Anthony's still Peoria, by heart...and soul.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Mmmkkkk well as much as I'd like to come to this, I did make prior promises so I'm not going to be able to come to this, sadly. Really would've liked to make up for my poor performance at SCSYN(I swear, baked over), but I guess I'll have to wait a month or so then I'll try to come to another tourney. Then, ****. Oh yeah, and Peoria's claiming 2 spots in the top 5, easy peasy. Anthony's still Peoria, by heart...and soul.
Haha ;) yea.
sad to hear you can't come though :dizzy:, but have fun

goosefactor

Smash Lord
i wont be able to go this weekend.
big boi college johnz :(
OMG, I liked it better when you didn't attend school and had like 4 minutes of homework a month.

Really would've liked to make up for my poor performance at SCSYN(I swear, baked over)
But now I'm confused. I thought being high helped everyone play better? Can it be that all those people were mistaken? I find that hard to believe. And to think, I believed all of them so wholeheartedly when they made those claims too. :ohwell:

Tomacawk

Smash Master
But now I'm confused. I thought being high help everyone play better? Can it be that all those people were mistaken? I find that hard to believe. And to think, I believed all of them so wholeheartedly when they made those claims too. :ohwell:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU--
People who actually smoke weed play better high (usually). It isn't always the case but it is the majority of the time. Furthermore, Dave hardly ever smokes--as far as I know he's only smoked 3-4 times in his entire life, so he doesn't have the tolerance for it. A kid like that trying to hang with the high dollar midwest ballers is gunna get too stoned to function

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
getting high in a tournament setting probably eases you up and you arent as nervous. i've never gotten blazed @ a tourney but that sounds like exactly what i need.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Furthermore, Dave hardly ever smokes--as far as I know he's only smoked 3-4 times in his entire life, so he doesn't have the tolerance for it. A kid like that trying to hang with the high dollar midwest ballers is gunna get too stoned to function
Ahhh, crap. So I guess I was totally looking at it the wrong way. Foolish me to assume that you'd be able to cash in and see results the moment you started smoking. It's so typical of me to only see things in the short run, I swear. So looking at it in the long run, you just have to put up with those pesky side effects which include being "too stoned to function" before you are able to reap its benefits. Gotcha.

Tink

Smash Hero
well, theres no reason to hang with the pros for a full session, if your a noob. just get in and out and you wont go overboard heh....we bakkkked rather then high -_-(if that even makes sense heh)

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Matt is there a reason for the hostility?

It's more accurate to say that you play differently when you play high. As I already said, it's better for some and worse for some. You can't "cash in" on some magical plant that makes you play video games better, but your life can "cash in" on a magical plant that has been smoked by some of the finest individuals through history.
This nation was founded by pot smokers...
The point is, when you're new like David and you have no tolerance, then obviously you're gong to play worse--you'll feel like you have new hands, new eyes, new ears, and a brain trying to figure out what is different--thinking extrinsically and abstractly about things which you've been trained by society to ignore through various social norms. Basically, far more on your mind than smash brothers.
And since I feel as if I have to validate marijuana use to you at this point, why not take a look at what Dr. Carl Sagan had to say about it?
http://marijuana-uses.com/mr-x/

definite hype. I wish I could have renechris practice. I hope you get to visit the water temple!

Tink

Smash Hero
ill do that too....my marth sux =))))). and really any MMs -_-....i got falco/fox/marth....and falcon and peach for certain matchups =). get at meee.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Matt is there a reason for the hostility?
Nah mang, we're cool. I just saw the need to make those posts for what I felt were obvious reasons. But it's cool, we can just leave well enough alone, lest we annoy even more people and receive the classic "there's a place for this kind of thing, and Smashboards isn't it!" post, heh.

voorhese

Smash Master
all yalls better hope i dont come to this!

naw hope to go tho, with this big of a tourney so close its gonna be hard to keep me away (but not really)

Tomacawk

Smash Master
tinkerton I'll MM your marth with my falcon. I agree your marth sucks, I said so on a youtube video earlier today ironically.
I'll trash your marf with my fox, too, if you can handle it. i'll tap that falcon and peach too, what matchups you want?
edit-voorhese mm my everything
double edit-josh I'll cash battle your ganon with my falcon

Tink

Smash Hero
lukeee, done sonn...ima show that falcon why you should never approach sonnn....also, with peach/falcon(i assume these are dollar matches loll), for you, anything =)....i like both those char against techy ppl.

Tink

Smash Hero
ill do that with both of you...my armors got the training of the original sonn....i have only progressed to DAT Armor....almost on full caps!

Tomacawk

Smash Master
lukeee, done sonn...ima show that falcon why you should never approach sonnn....also, with peach/falcon(i assume these are dollar matches loll), for you, anything =)....i like both those char against techy ppl.
I will own you in almost any matchup you want. We can do a bunch of 1$ cash battles or an iron man (I prefer ice man). It's up to you. Either way, I want to get a TON of games with you. And I'd like a bunch recorded...speaking of which, any recording setups gunna be here?
As long as you don't secretly have light arrows, i got dis :p

lol
So STL is apparently confirmed, but we don't know when we're leaving...maybe friday night, maybe saturday morning...and I'm not sure if we are going to stay another night sunday
I'm hoping we don't lose the whole weekend but when it comes down to it I won't john out due to getting my weekend *****...at least I don't think
so basically I just want to make sure we have housing. George I know you have me, but atma and nuris need it too and I would consider it pretty wack of myself to stay somewhere if they can't get housing (doesn't have to be with you, but just anywhere).
This is for Friday and Saturday night. We may not actually need that much housing though. I would prefer to leave Saturday morning then champ the drive home saturday night

edit--apparently, we're leaving Friday night. So we need at least Friday night housing

Top Bottom