• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

Mr H

Smash Ace
pokemon type wild has been out for like 3 or 4 years jeeez guys get with the times

ORLY

Smash Master
okay all you purdue hipsters, "i knew about i forever blah blah blahhhh"

that still doesn't answer my question of whether or not people would want to play it!

'Fro

Smash Lord
Ill play it.

Im bringing Soul Calibur 5. No pad or xbox tho, someone be sure to bring a pad for me pleeeeeease? T_T
I will bring my PS3 with KOF XIII, SSFIV:AE, and Soul Calibur V, and I will bring extra pads (I'm a pad warrior in that game). I just need someone to supply the good old red/yellow/white cables for the PS3 if necessary. If people want, we can run a side event for any game that gets enough clamor (I won't participate in Marvel, though). So yeah, looking forward to tomorrow being freaking awesome!

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
I may or may not come for singles…i'm just so damn busy ugh i wanna play

edit: someone just text me when singles starts and i'll probably come

ORLY

Smash Master
@Fro: I got significantly better at SF4 since we played last. I demand retribution!

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Yo... Work is super nuts, and I won't be able to get there til 4ish. you can start the crews without me if needed. Have ORLY join the monticello crew in my stead, a falcon for a falcon, that's a fair trade, right?

voorhese

Smash Master
On a side note, we played out game prematurely and after you left you couldnt go back to play gio. So basically it is listed that you DQ'd for not being able to play the match vs gio.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
had fun playing even tho i suck, doubles was amazingly funner than I imagined, Im going Doc Mario from now on tho if I ever come to another. I might try getting my marth or roy back up there too. Maybe when my tech skill ever comes back ill bring back Mew2.

Quaz

Smash Master
GGs

wish all you other IN state college guys entered singles. No, its not like I wanted more money for 3rd place or anything like that, I have no idea what you're talking about *guilty*

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
wait was i not supposed to play you voorhese?
and yeah tak i'll team with you at the next one we're at

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
had fun playing even tho i suck, doubles was amazingly funner than I imagined, Im going Doc Mario from now on tho if I ever come to another. I might try getting my marth or roy back up there too. Maybe when my tech skill ever comes back ill bring back Mew2.
Ya man, we had some super intense teams games! If you like melee and you wanna keep playing (and I really hope you do lol) just throw me a pm and I'll help you out.

A few other quick shoutouts

Cameron: from Cary Quad. We got new blooooooood. :estatic:
ORLY: for being a scary falcon
Quaz: for making the drive, and having an incredibly accurate Peach impression...XD
Gio: for making it out here and reppin the bird man
Jay<3: :bomb:
Ball state crew: for a hype crew battle :smirk: come out again soon
Johnticello crew: good work tak lol
Sheik: for being a cool character

voorhese

Smash Master
Shoutouts;

Tak - The man of the hour, good stuff in the crew battle man, and we had good games in singles. I think you are one of the people i would like to play with often =) I noticed a lot of similarities in our foxes, the good news is that they were the good things we have in common. Keep at it man, at this rate you will be better than me soon as long as you keep playing!

Fro - Good job running the tourney, and being nice about letting us hold the crew battle before singles. Also sorry i went sheik vs you on stories, but i felt like the counterpick was directed at me, and i didn't want to deal with sheik/samus as fox on stories =P

DJ - fun games in dubs, y u no stay for singles?

Lance - fun friendlies, and good job beating us in doubles, by the time i decided to switch to sheik i was already beat.

Jay - </3 you are responsible for destroying me in dubs and in singles. And feeding twitch.

Jason - We didn't play much, besides in dubs. but GG's in dubs =)

Krystedez - Glad to see you show some interest in melee again. Good games in doubles. I do have some bit of advice though, you want to cape almost every recovery including sheiks. In melee compared to brawl having the ledge while they are trying to recover is amazing, you can usually roll if they go for the ledge, and if they recover over the ledge you can ledgehop bair or ledgehop cape. =) hope you keep playing, our scene looked like it was diminishing.

Limitz - won't even see this, so i will use this shoutout to say that his practice didn't quite pay off how he hoped, and it sparked his interest in the game again to lose to midwest boarder patrol in the crew battle, so we may have him attend tourneys with me in the future. Also i think at first he and biggy were offended by being called out on their "johnticello syndrome" and then after i talked to them about how i agreed they let the salt go, and decided that it did make sense also.

Quaz - GG's in dubs and in singles, you are pretty nice to =)

ORLY - GG's in dubs man, sorry we couldn't give you the rematch like we promised =P I saw you and quaz watching the matches we lost. Also you should stop smoking >_< that way you won't get cancer OR have to ask people to come hang out with you and you can hang out with everyone!

Gio - Sorry I couldn't play our set for fun, after the 3 suicides vs jay i had to iron out what the hell i had in my system. It was nice seeing you again, thx for the support in bracket =)

Timerbomb - GG's I am going to be sincere here when i say; PLAY FALCO he isn't too "OP" for you to play, cuz if that was the case then you wouldn't be losing tournaments. You should play who you are good with, and not who is the least "gay". You have potential, you just have to keep coming to smashfests instead of johning out of them last minute, and play your real character, your falco was really good for not playing often, and it could be a lot better if you did.

brett - Nice seeing you, we didn't even talk much though =(

Ball State Crew - GG's in dubs and friendlies guys. The crew battle was also pretty fun. Limitz over heard you guys talking about not doing the crew battle after i played friendlies with you guys, and that if you did play you would be quitting the game if you lost the crew battle? That is a horrible attitude guys, the reason you guys didn't reach your goal this time is sad but true. Last time we had our crew battle limitz trained hard for it, and I wanted it to be his crew battle, so I sandbagged in the crew battle to let him play after MWBP called me out when i was sending limitz in. Also you are setting your standards to low. I am the only person out of the monticello crew who actually even plays, besides tak (who trained with monticello crew for a bit). And to be honest after you made the call out of 10 stocking us, we were thinking about having me go in first to see if i could take all 20 of your guys' stock. After hearing how you thought about the game, and how if you guys lost you were going to quit i decided against it, you shouldnt let winning a crew battle really be the decider on whether or not you will continue playing the game. This is the best game I have ever played, and it is full of the nicest people i have ever met (assuming their name isnt m2k). Also you are focusing on beating a crew instead of bettering yourself and striving to improve. You personalized our crew as rivals with your own, which is flattering but silly, monticello crew is by far weaker than the purdue crew, chicago crew, peoria, basically anyone. And besides that we aren't even a crew. Instead of traveling here and just focusing on the crew battle and practicing with eachother, focus on singles and just HAVE FUN. In order to improve you have to lose your ego, I had a problem with this and limitz and biggy still do. Tak and I both decided to drop our egos and got eons better. Just a bit of friendly advice. I hope you guys don't quit the game, that would be a shame.

Anyone i missed - get owned, i guess i didn't have anything to bash you about. I have been quite the a-hole this post, but seriously all i have said is how i really feel, and i am only telling you guys these things for the good of the scene, the crew (s) for each of you individually, and also for myself...If you refuse to get better, then i have less people to play to improve myself.

also I will be thinking to see if i missed anyone, expect a shoutout if u were here, unless we don't know each other and never met.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
Didn't realize West lafayette was only 1.5 hours from champaign.. I'll try to get some of the UIUC crew to go to the next one

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
more players means more people willing to kick my *** for more than a few matches :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks for the advice, jason, you know it means a lot and does help!! I will DEFINITELY consider going to the next one if I'm not already going to a tournament where I actually CAN make money lololol

Jayford, come back to Brawl for a bit too >:/ you actually give me a hard time compared to wifi lol. And your falco is still legit. I really don't want to rust on either of these games ever again so please cut the hate/love relationship and start the kicking-my-*** relationship haha.

Anyways I'll spread the word about these things more on campus as well when I get around to helping Lance with the smash club too. I really want to see more smashers in general.

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
more players means more people willing to kick my *** for more than a few matches :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks for the advice, jason, you know it means a lot and does help!! I will DEFINITELY consider going to the next one if I'm not already going to a tournament where I actually CAN make money lololol

Jayford, come back to Brawl for a bit too >:/ you actually give me a hard time compared to wifi lol. And your falco is still legit. I really don't want to rust on either of these games ever again so please cut the hate/love relationship and start the kicking-my-*** relationship haha.

Anyways I'll spread the word about these things more on campus as well when I get around to helping Lance with the smash club too. I really want to see more smashers in general.
Yo krys we are driving to don't blink on the 18th if you need a ride.

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
voorhese, i was really close to going falco at the tourny, if it makes you feel any better lol.
i just dont play the game anymore so i felt that it'd be harder to play a technicalish character over someone like marth

DracoFox

Smash Ace
voorhese, i was really close to going falco at the tourny, if it makes you feel any better lol.
i just dont play the game anymore so i felt that it'd be harder to play a technicalish character over someone like marth
Get over yourself with your pointless johns. You are a good player, but you're taking it beyond than what it needs to be.

Jayford

Smash Lord

Haha I'll play Brawl with you. I really enjoy Falco in that game for some reason. Glad to know I am better then the random's on Wifi :D. Also, I am probably going to Don't Blink so we could team if you are up for it.

'Fro

Smash Lord
How about instead of shoutouts, someone post the actual results, lol.
Gotcha here, Juggle man.

SSBO LXV RESULTS:

Singles:

1: Little England ($30.00)
2: ORLY ($15.00)
3: Quaz ($5.00)

4: Jayford
5: 'Fro
5: The Voorhese
7: Lance in the Pants
7: Geo
9: Tak
9: Krsytedez
9: Timerbomb

Doubles:
1: Skilled Invincibility (Quaz + ORLY) ($40.00)
2: Marn fan club (Jayford + LITP) ($20.00)
3: Kings of Plundering Divinity (Voorhese + HIPY) ($5.00)

4: Visiting England (LE + Krystedez)
5: Gimpin' Ain't Easy (Midwest Border Patrol + Carson)
6: The Toothpicks ('Fro + Deez Nutz)
7: Ball State (Brendan + Joe)

Thanks to everyone for coming and making this a really enjoyable tournament! Special mention goes to the Ball State vs. Monticello crew battle, and the accompanying hype! I'll post my own shoutouts later on.

Didn't realize West lafayette was only 1.5 hours from champaign.. I'll try to get some of the UIUC crew to go to the next one
Hey, man, come on down for any of these! We'll have the one on the 25th coming up next, so hopefully we'll see you there!

'Fro

Smash Lord
Fro - Good job running the tourney, and being nice about letting us hold the crew battle before singles. Also sorry i went sheik vs you on stories, but i felt like the counterpick was directed at me, and i didn't want to deal with sheik/samus as fox on stories =P
If you left me salty at the tournament, you did one of two things:

1. Implement an extremely effective strategy really well and left me no option but to lose.
2. Play me in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

But yeah, props on that decision making, and that ownage-filled post. As for what I said about Limitz, Biggy, and the rest, no offense intended, but I felt like it would have been a huge waste of time for people to show up and basically do nothing, rendering their trip useless. I would say more, but it would be summed up by *insert stuff about being a competitor here*.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
, no offense intended, but I felt like it would have been a huge waste of time for people to show up and basically do nothing, rendering their trip useless. I would say more, but it would be summed up by *insert stuff about being a competitor here*.
It's never a waste when you get to spend time with your friends.

Top Bottom